Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Report: Kirk Cousins to sign with the Vikings...

M.S. : 3/10/2018 7:23 pm
...at $27-plus million annually.


Link - ( New Window )
Dave Te  
mrvax : 3/10/2018 7:25 pm : link
made that prediction on his podcast!
Broncos  
Jon in NYC : 3/10/2018 7:30 pm : link
striking out so far. Could see them make a move for Keenum.

Leaves them and the Jets as the two really QB needy ones. I've seen this again and again, i'd trade down 3/4 spots and pick up Nelson.
$27m a year for the QB that hung 10 points  
Ten Ton Hammer : 3/10/2018 7:35 pm : link
on a 3 win team.
So the Jets will take a QB (Mayfield?)  
Bobby Humphrey's Earpad : 3/10/2018 7:36 pm : link
and either re-sign McCown or offer one of the Minny QBs/Glennon a two-year deal.
If true...  
bw in dc : 3/10/2018 7:41 pm : link
a colossal waste of cap spend.
good news for giants  
Chip : 3/10/2018 7:44 pm : link
4,5,6 still need QBs for trade down. I thought he would have gotten more.
This Vikings team  
Matt in SGS : 3/10/2018 7:51 pm : link
reminds me very much of the 1980s version of the Vikings that was overrated and was always a notch below the 49ers, Giants, Bears and Redskins, but everyone kept waiting for them to break out and never did.

In the 1980s, they had a really good defense, that beat up on some crappy offenses in their division (Tampa, Detroit, Green Bay) and everyone thought they were one player away. So they traded for Herschel Walker and set off the Dallas dynasty. And they only got one playoff appearance with Herschel and blew the team up after 1990.

This team is overrating their defense big time and thinking Cousins will put them over the top. But they will win some convincing games in September and October, get everyone excited, but will shit the bed late and bow out of the playoffs quickly.
I know he wants to win now  
bceagle05 : 3/10/2018 7:56 pm : link
but I really think the Jets or Browns are the better play for him. Patriots are gonna fade at some point, as are the AFC North powerhouses (Ravens and Bengals are already in decline). NFC is much better and deeper.
RE: Broncos  
Sean : 3/10/2018 7:57 pm : link
In comment 13858169 Jon in NYC said:
Quote:
striking out so far. Could see them make a move for Keenum.

Leaves them and the Jets as the two really QB needy ones. I've seen this again and again, i'd trade down 3/4 spots and pick up Nelson.


And what if Nelson gets picked before?
RE: This Vikings team  
bw in dc : 3/10/2018 7:58 pm : link
In comment 13858194 Matt in SGS said:
Quote:
reminds me very much of the 1980s version of the Vikings that was overrated and was always a notch below the 49ers, Giants, Bears and Redskins, but everyone kept waiting for them to break out and never did.

In the 1980s, they had a really good defense, that beat up on some crappy offenses in their division (Tampa, Detroit, Green Bay) and everyone thought they were one player away. So they traded for Herschel Walker and set off the Dallas dynasty. And they only got one playoff appearance with Herschel and blew the team up after 1990.

This team is overrating their defense big time and thinking Cousins will put them over the top. But they will win some convincing games in September and October, get everyone excited, but will shit the bed late and bow out of the playoffs quickly.


Interesting thought. The Vikings were actually a good team in the Ď80s. I think itís more that the 9ers, Skins, Jints were just better. They may have won the AFC if they were over there instead.

Kramer was a solid QB. Nelson was a good all purpose back. Carter was a good WR and they had a TE, whose name escapes me, that was very productive.

Millard, Browner, Martin, etc formed a terrific D...
RE: If true...  
jeff57 : 3/10/2018 8:16 pm : link
In comment 13858180 bw in dc said:
Quote:
a colossal waste of cap spend.


Donít agree. They have no QB and over $40 million in cap space.
They're gonna need a lot of that space to keep the key parts of that  
Ten Ton Hammer : 3/10/2018 8:20 pm : link
defense together.
RE: RE: If true...  
bw in dc : 3/10/2018 8:20 pm : link
In comment 13858217 jeff57 said:
Quote:
In comment 13858180 bw in dc said:


Quote:


a colossal waste of cap spend.



Donít agree. They have no QB and over $40 million in cap space.


No interest in keeping Keenum?
Shows the huge value of QBís in the league  
PhilSimms15 : 3/10/2018 8:24 pm : link
Even mediocre ones.

Giants take a QB at #2 and cut Eli in 2019, they can have massive cap space. Major value in having a quality QB on a rookie QB.
RE: RE: If true...  
UConn4523 : 3/10/2018 8:25 pm : link
In comment 13858217 jeff57 said:
Quote:
In comment 13858180 bw in dc said:


Quote:


a colossal waste of cap spend.



Donít agree. They have no QB and over $40 million in cap space.


And almost 3/4 of hat cap space will be spent on a QB thatís nowhere near excellent or even very good. Heís just good. Terrible waste, IMO.
RE: Shows the huge value of QBís in the league  
GFAN52 : 3/10/2018 8:29 pm : link
In comment 13858227 PhilSimms15 said:
Quote:
Even mediocre ones.

Giants take a QB at #2 and cut Eli in 2019, they can have massive cap space. Major value in having a quality QB on a rookie QB.


Not going to happen. Mara wouldn't allow it.
RE: Broncos  
yankeeslover : 3/10/2018 8:51 pm : link
In comment 13858169 Jon in NYC said:
Quote:
striking out so far. Could see them make a move for Keenum.

Leaves them and the Jets as the two really QB needy ones. I've seen this again and again, i'd trade down 3/4 spots and pick up Nelson.


And who is our qb then? I can imagine this board if we trade picks with the jets. They pick a franchise qb and we are stuck looking for our own for years. Eli only has year or two left. Why would we trade and just hand another team a franchise qb when we need our own.
RE: $27m a year for the QB that hung 10 points  
McNally's_Nuts : 3/10/2018 8:57 pm : link
In comment 13858173 Ten Ton Hammer said:
Quote:
on a 3 win team.


Not only that, but the same Kirk Cousins who in the last game of the 2016 season needed a win to get the Redskins into the playoffs......also lead his team to score 10 points against the Giants.

Yes, the 2016 defense was much better but he also threw 3 bonehead interceptions and looked like complete shit.

Cousins might be the most overrated NFL player within the last 25 years
Yea like Mara promised to play Davis this after all the cluster fuck.  
big canoe jeff : 3/10/2018 9:00 pm : link
Spags never did. We have no i
RE: RE: This Vikings team  
Matt in SGS : 3/10/2018 9:10 pm : link
In comment 13858203 bw in dc said:
Quote:
In comment 13858194 Matt in SGS said:


Quote:


reminds me very much of the 1980s version of the Vikings that was overrated and was always a notch below the 49ers, Giants, Bears and Redskins, but everyone kept waiting for them to break out and never did.

In the 1980s, they had a really good defense, that beat up on some crappy offenses in their division (Tampa, Detroit, Green Bay) and everyone thought they were one player away. So they traded for Herschel Walker and set off the Dallas dynasty. And they only got one playoff appearance with Herschel and blew the team up after 1990.

This team is overrating their defense big time and thinking Cousins will put them over the top. But they will win some convincing games in September and October, get everyone excited, but will shit the bed late and bow out of the playoffs quickly.



Interesting thought. The Vikings were actually a good team in the Ď80s. I think itís more that the 9ers, Skins, Jints were just better. They may have won the AFC if they were over there instead.

Kramer was a solid QB. Nelson was a good all purpose back. Carter was a good WR and they had a TE, whose name escapes me, that was very productive.

Millard, Browner, Martin, etc formed a terrific D...


Steve Jordan, from Brown University.
This is why the Giants have to take a QB at 2...  
Toastt34 : 3/10/2018 9:27 pm : link
$27m/yr for Kirk Cousins is insane.
Its great for the Giants  
Peter from NH (formerly CT) : 3/10/2018 10:49 pm : link
that the lowest seeded team got him. Much more realistic for the Jets or Broncos to try and trade up. Forces the Browns to get their QB at #1 which gives the Giants a lot of options at #2, no matter what they want to do.
Good news for us......  
Dry Lightning : 3/10/2018 10:52 pm : link
The teams needing to trade up for a QB are still in need.
If Cleveland takes Barkley,  
Doomster : 3/10/2018 11:27 pm : link
that #2 could be priceless.....

If the Giants don't think any of the top qb's are difference makers, then a trade down, if another team makes a ridiculous offer, is unavoidable...

It's quite possible, this team could get a high pick again next year...
RE: RE: If true...  
WillVAB : 3/11/2018 12:08 am : link
In comment 13858217 jeff57 said:
Quote:
In comment 13858180 bw in dc said:


Quote:


a colossal waste of cap spend.



Donít agree. They have no QB and over $40 million in cap space.


Good luck signing Diggs, Barr, and Kendricks next year.
RE: RE: RE: If true...  
jeff57 : 3/11/2018 6:47 am : link
In comment 13858341 WillVAB said:
Quote:
In comment 13858217 jeff57 said:


Quote:


In comment 13858180 bw in dc said:


Quote:


a colossal waste of cap spend.



Donít agree. They have no QB and over $40 million in cap space.



Good luck signing Diggs, Barr, and Kendricks next year.


If they win the super bowl, it would have been worth it. The missing piece on the team was an established QB. Theyíll now have one.
RE: Its great for the Giants  
Eman11 : 3/11/2018 7:11 am : link
In comment 13858301 Peter from NH (formerly CT) said:
Quote:
that the lowest seeded team got him. Much more realistic for the Jets or Broncos to try and trade up. Forces the Browns to get their QB at #1 which gives the Giants a lot of options at #2, no matter what they want to do.


I think you're spot on with this thinking.
RE: RE: Its great for the Giants  
DavidinBMNY : 3/11/2018 10:53 am : link
In comment 13858371 Eman11 said:
Quote:
In comment 13858301 Peter from NH (formerly CT) said:


Quote:


that the lowest seeded team got him. Much more realistic for the Jets or Broncos to try and trade up. Forces the Browns to get their QB at #1 which gives the Giants a lot of options at #2, no matter what they want to do.



I think you're spot on with this thinking.


Totally agree. Cousins is the only QB w/o questions. Josh Rosen, health aside, might be better then every other QB on the market.

Gettleman's office and phone is open for business.
RE:RE:RE: It's Great for the Giants ....  
Manny in CA : 3/11/2018 3:57 pm : link

I agree. I predicted he would go for between $25M - $34M (the tag price). What surprised me was the Browns not striking a lot harder for him.

Now that they've also traded off Kizer, they've backed themselves into a corner - they have to draft a QB. The QB desperate Broncos and Jets have to make sure the Giants don't snatch up the 2nd best guy on the board.
But, yes, Doonster ...  
Manny in CA : 3/11/2018 4:00 pm : link

If the Browns do take Barkley, our pick is indeed, "priceless".
Doomster ...  
Manny in CA : 3/11/2018 4:01 pm : link

I meant.
Vikings/Cousins  
Giantslifer : 3/11/2018 5:56 pm : link
If Vikings take Cousins they will become the laughingstock of the NFL. Cousins has accomplished NOTHING. Was seriously hoping DC would find a way to keep him so there is one less team to compete with in NFC East.
Cousins is bad Eli.
Can't wait to see Vikings playing GB in final game of season for playoff berth,- Book it- Cousins will throw at least TWO Late Game Drive killing interceptions.Will throw TD in last 30 seconds to lose by 4.
He always does.
Looks to be....  
Tom [Giants fan] : 3/15/2018 3:18 pm : link
3 years at $84 million full guaranteed.
Back to the Corner