Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

NFT: Knicks vs Raptors

Earl the goat : 3/11/2018 1:12 pm
Luke Kornet starting
Trap game for the Knicks  
Lurts : 3/11/2018 1:16 pm : link
.
What a collection of fucking stiffs.  
bceagle05 : 3/11/2018 3:07 pm : link
.
Knicks now 2.5 back of 5  
nygiants16 : 3/11/2018 4:44 pm : link
Didn't watch much of the game saw midday didn't really turn ball over much, did he force shots? Was he attacking?

Hardaway has been playing really well lately..

If Knicks could somehow get ayton dear Lord would they have a young front court that no one would want to play
RE: Knicks now 2.5 back of 5  
Earl the goat : 3/11/2018 5:51 pm : link
In comment 13859032 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
Didn't watch much of the game saw midday didn't really turn ball over much, did he force shots? Was he attacking?

Hardaway has been playing really well lately..

If Knicks could somehow get ayton dear Lord would they have a young front court that no one would want to play


It shocks me that Troy Williams coming off an 18 Point game on Friday barely sees the court today. Especially with Lance and Kanter out
I hope the first move this team makes in off season is to fire Hornacheck

Knicks will lose enough to get into top 5 lottery
Bulls lose to Atlanta.  
bceagle05 : 3/11/2018 5:54 pm : link
Maybe the Nets can upset Philly tonight?
RE: Bulls lose to Atlanta.  
Earl the goat : 3/11/2018 6:16 pm : link
In comment 13859102 bceagle05 said:
Quote:
Maybe the Nets can upset Philly tonight?


Atlanta losing is good. Brings Knicks closer to them in loss column
Bulls will definitely have a better record than Knicks
RE: Bulls lose to Atlanta.  
Earl the goat : 3/11/2018 6:18 pm : link
In comment 13859102 bceagle05 said:
Quote:
Maybe the Nets can upset Philly tonight?


Bulls beat Atlanta
Sorry, yes the Bulls BEAT Atlanta.  
bceagle05 : 3/11/2018 6:24 pm : link
Big week coming up for the Knicks.
Knicks Working Towards a Top 5 Pick  
TheVette : 3/11/2018 7:44 pm : link
Yes - many teams to leapfrog, but I'm "confident" none of them will play as badly down the stretch as the Knicks. Of course that still may not be enough - but this group? Pure garbage.
missed the game - was a reason given why Kornet  
Del Shofner : 3/11/2018 7:45 pm : link
started instead of Kanter?
RE: RE: Knicks now 2.5 back of 5  
TheVette : 3/11/2018 7:46 pm : link
In comment 13859100 Earl the goat said:
Quote:
In comment 13859032 nygiants16 said:


It shocks me that Troy Williams coming off an 18 Point game on Friday barely sees the court today. Especially with Lance and Kanter out
I hope the first move this team makes in off season is to fire Hornacheck

Knicks will lose enough to get into top 5 lottery


Hornacek has really done nothing to warrant a return next season. Yes - the talent is bad, but the sporadic use of Williams and Burke makes zero sense. Took him forever to figure out the team was bad, but still thought Jack was a better choice than seeing 2 lottery picks.
RE: missed the game - was a reason given why Kornet  
Earl the goat : 3/11/2018 8:14 pm : link
In comment 13859201 Del Shofner said:
Quote:
started instead of Kanter?


Kanter and Lance were DNP for injuries
Good week for the tank  
giantsfan44ab : 3/12/2018 9:48 am : link
Unfortunately, all progress will be lost this week. Not getting my hopes up for a top 5 pick yet. Hope Iím wrong but beating Dallas and Chicago this week would put an end to top 5 hopes.

Just hope Mikal Bridges slows down in the tournament because thereís no way he lasts past 6-7 if he keeps playing this way.
RE: Good week for the tank  
Enzo : 3/12/2018 9:57 am : link
In comment 13859575 giantsfan44ab said:
Quote:
Unfortunately, all progress will be lost this week. Not getting my hopes up for a top 5 pick yet. Hope Iím wrong but beating Dallas and Chicago this week would put an end to top 5 hopes.
'
it does seem like most of our games lately have been against teams that we have no shot at beating. That changes this week. Maybe Dirk gets motivated for what might his last night at MSG? I realize I'm reaching....

I can't get mad if they beat the Bulls since the Bulls have done so much to help our draft position this year already. But I'm terrified of our back-to-back against the Cavs to end the season. I'm assuming they're going to be resting everyone.
if the Knicks stay where they are  
giantsfan44ab : 3/12/2018 10:16 am : link
Shai Gilgeous Alexander is another player thats heating up. Up to 40% from 3 on the season (not many attempts but shooting 80% from the line as well). Past 7 games he's averaging 18.4 ppg, 7 apg and 5 rpg. 6'6" PG with 7' wingspan. I know he's a little redundant with Frank but he seems more polished overall, he can guard 3 positions in the NBA and is a little more shiftier with the ball and better footwork as well.
Guys I want:  
Jon in NYC : 3/12/2018 10:24 am : link
Ayton, Doncic, Porter, Jackson, Bridges

Guys I don't want:

Bamba, Bagley, Sexton
Jon,  
Keith : 3/12/2018 10:28 am : link
just curious as to why you don't want those 3 guys.
I haven't watch much college ball this year  
giantsfan44ab : 3/12/2018 10:33 am : link
but Sexton worries me because he is not an elite playmaker combined with not being a good 3 point shooter. He might end up being really good at his strengths but those two flaws pretty much handicap a PG from getting into elite territory.

From what I've read, I'm souring on Bamba because he is allegedly a pretty stiff player. Gonna watch more of him but from just the type of player he is he might be a 20-25 mpg player in the modern NBA.
At the spot the Knicks are  
nygiants16 : 3/12/2018 10:37 am : link
I am good with either bridges...

If Knicks get top 3, ayton, doncic,or porter..

Want nothing to do with either young or sexton
think lousy thoughts  
djm : 3/12/2018 10:46 am : link
we got this
RE: Jon,  
Jon in NYC : 3/12/2018 10:51 am : link
In comment 13859638 Keith said:
Quote:
just curious as to why you don't want those 3 guys.


Thinking about guys that fit well next to Frank and KP as well as guys whose games translate well. Sexton seems like a run of the mill ball dominant scorer, Bamba has a ton of red flags, and Bagley seems better for a different era.

None of those guys are bad per say, but for a top 10 pick, I think we can do better. I really like Mikal Bridges if we stay in the 7/8 range.
RE: RE: Jon,  
giantsfan44ab : 3/12/2018 10:54 am : link
In comment 13859683 Jon in NYC said:
Quote:
In comment 13859638 Keith said:


Quote:


just curious as to why you don't want those 3 guys.



Thinking about guys that fit well next to Frank and KP as well as guys whose games translate well. Sexton seems like a run of the mill ball dominant scorer, Bamba has a ton of red flags, and Bagley seems better for a different era.

None of those guys are bad per say, but for a top 10 pick, I think we can do better. I really like Mikal Bridges if we stay in the 7/8 range.


From what I've heard about Bagley it seems like the sentiment is that he would thrive next to a frontcourt mate like KP. He can switch on defense, hang on the perimeter, rebound and some hope for spacing with his 3 point shooting. It seems like his main issue on defense is rim protection, which would be KP's role anyways. Am I wrong in thinking he's the ideal big to put next to KP?
RE: RE: RE: Jon,  
Jon in NYC : 3/12/2018 10:57 am : link
In comment 13859688 giantsfan44ab said:
Quote:
In comment 13859683 Jon in NYC said:


Quote:


In comment 13859638 Keith said:


Quote:


just curious as to why you don't want those 3 guys.



Thinking about guys that fit well next to Frank and KP as well as guys whose games translate well. Sexton seems like a run of the mill ball dominant scorer, Bamba has a ton of red flags, and Bagley seems better for a different era.

None of those guys are bad per say, but for a top 10 pick, I think we can do better. I really like Mikal Bridges if we stay in the 7/8 range.



From what I've heard about Bagley it seems like the sentiment is that he would thrive next to a frontcourt mate like KP. He can switch on defense, hang on the perimeter, rebound and some hope for spacing with his 3 point shooting. It seems like his main issue on defense is rim protection, which would be KP's role anyways. Am I wrong in thinking he's the ideal big to put next to KP?


I just get worried when I see bigs these days that can't protect the rim or shoot 3s. How many all stars are there that can't do that these days? Especially if you don't think he's a center.
Outside his length  
dep026 : 3/12/2018 10:57 am : link
Bamba seems below average in a lot of thing.s Strength mainly. Bagley seems to not have a position. Is he a 5? Or a 4 who cant defend? Sexton would need the right system.

I think Duval is overrated and I think Trent is underrated. ANd if I had the first pick, I would take Ayton then Donacic. However, I think Miles Bridges will explode in the NBA.
Can Bagley not defend?  
giantsfan44ab : 3/12/2018 11:27 am : link
It seems like defense, lateral quickness and explosiveness are repeatedly mentioned as strengths of his game.

Issue with bigs that can't defend or space the floor are that they aren't good at switching-it looks like if Bagley doesn't now, he at least has the physical tools of being a capable switch defender and some shooting touch too.

KP and Bagley would occupy different spots at different ends of the floor so even if Bagley doesn't give you floor spacing, KP still does. Bagley would fit into the role Julius Randle has been thriving in for LA.
Back to the Corner