Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Rosen coming for Brady's records.....

sxdxca : 3/11/2018 7:39 pm
I don't know what to make of this , whether he is being too arrogant , or just expressing his confidence and desire.

But to those who say he doesn't have the heart or the drive , this article should put that argument to rest.

"I want to win Superbowls , and I want to have the most. I'm coming for Tom Brady's records."


link - ( New Window )
confidence is one thing....  
BillKo : 3/11/2018 7:47 pm : link
....to say you want to be Tom Brady-like is another.....

Saying about coming after his records...c'mon. A blitzing LB will be sure to whisper that in his ear :)
RE: Rosen's 'I'm coming for Tom Brady's records'  
Trainmaster : 3/11/2018 7:51 pm : link
Another reason I hope he goes to Cleveland with the first overall pick so the Giants don't have a chance to draft him.

Given his injury history, family wealth and father's occupation, he seems the least likely of the top 2018 QB prospects to have a long career.
Charitably,  
Bill L : 3/11/2018 7:52 pm : link
He will probably end up as our Qb. He certainly wonít have Eliís personality and I just hope heís successful here. Otherwise we could end up despising him.
What the hell  
ryanmkeane : 3/11/2018 7:53 pm : link
does his family wealth and dad's job have to do with him being a good QB or not? Is that a serious comment?
When Tom Brady met Kraft for the first time  
twostepgiants : 3/11/2018 7:54 pm : link
He told him ďIm the best decision this organization ever made.Ē

As a 6th round pick.


Ainít nothing wrong with bravado. As long as you can back it up.
Geez, if it isn't 24/7 Sports, it has to be ClutchPoints.  
Diver_Down : 3/11/2018 7:56 pm : link
Pure click-bait. Please don't link to either site again.
Look at it this way...  
Milton : 3/11/2018 7:59 pm : link
He wants to be the best and he knows that's measured in Super Bowl victories, not passing yards.
I Never Said He Wouldn't Be A Good QB  
Trainmaster : 3/11/2018 8:00 pm : link
I said " ... he seems the least likely of the top 2018 QB prospects to have a long career."

If you're going after Tom Brady's records (many of which require a long career to achieve), you'll need a long career.

I think a player from a rich family with a father who is a neuro/spine surgeon who has a son who has lost multiple games to concussions before he's ever put on an NFL uniform, is less likely to have a long career, hence, unlikely to break Tom Brady's records.
RE: What the hell  
UConn4523 : 3/11/2018 8:00 pm : link
In comment 13859209 ryanmkeane said:
Quote:
does his family wealth and dad's job have to do with him being a good QB or not? Is that a serious comment?


It really is stupid. BBI makes it seem like only players who grew up poor can be good. Itís funny because often times ďrich peopleĒ tend to hate losing money and strive for excellence, but I guess that doesnít apply to Rosen. Some also think because his dad is a neurosurgeon that 1 guy and he will pull his little boy from the game (why hadnít he already if thatís the case)?
Geez.  
81_Great_Dane : 3/11/2018 8:01 pm : link
BBIers: I don't want Rosen, I don't believe he's committed to football and he's from a well-to-do family, not hungry enough.

Rosen: I want to break Tom Brady's records.

BBIers: I don't want Rosen, the arrogant prick.
1 hit  
UConn4523 : 3/11/2018 8:02 pm : link
*
RE: Geez.  
EddieNYG : 3/11/2018 8:03 pm : link
In comment 13859219 81_Great_Dane said:
Quote:
BBIers: I don't want Rosen, I don't believe he's committed to football and he's from a well-to-do family, not hungry enough.

Rosen: I want to break Tom Brady's records.

BBIers: I don't want Rosen, the arrogant prick.


Exactly!
Like This Guy  
Trainmaster : 3/11/2018 8:03 pm : link
The John Urschel situation (in his case, he's the "smart guy", not his father) is among my concerns if the Giants draft Rosen.

Quote:
Urschelís surprise decision comes two days after the release of a medical study that further underscored the link between the degenerative brain disease chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) and participation in football. Researchers at Boston University and the Boston Veterans Affairs health system examined 111 deceased NFL playersí brains that were donated to scientific research and found CTE in 110 of them, or 99% of those studied.



Ravens' John Urschel, lineman and PhD candidate, retires from NFL aged 26 - ( New Window )
RE: RE: Rosen's 'I'm coming for Tom Brady's records'  
lax counsel : 3/11/2018 8:08 pm : link
In comment 13859207 Trainmaster said:
Quote:
Another reason I hope he goes to Cleveland with the first overall pick so the Giants don't have a chance to draft him.

Given his injury history, family wealth and father's occupation, he seems the least likely of the top 2018 QB prospects to have a long career.


His family wealth? Unless Rosen himself is going back to medical school, his family does not have nearly enough wealth for him to do nothing the rest of his life. You do realize even top surgeons make 500-900k a year, he's not a wealthy CEO or some family dynasty (I.e., the Trumps, Gates, Fords, etc) were not talking 20-30m a year or old family money. Rosen will make more in his first contract than his family made in their entire lives three times over.
Like the Urschel post  
Bill L : 3/11/2018 8:10 pm : link
I do think his fathersí occupation plays a role in his future. Presumably heís better educated about CTE. As the rest of us are coming to be. And possibly you could argue that his familyís money is also relevant. More and more people, and itís jsut a guess but I would bet that itís more evident in affluent households, families are pulling away from youth football. At least for me, caring about my childrenís health, I wouldnít sign off on it nowadays.
RE: Like the Urschel post  
lax counsel : 3/11/2018 8:13 pm : link
In comment 13859226 Bill L said:
Quote:
I do think his fathersí occupation plays a role in his future. Presumably heís better educated about CTE. As the rest of us are coming to be. And possibly you could argue that his familyís money is also relevant. More and more people, and itís jsut a guess but I would bet that itís more evident in affluent households, families are pulling away from youth football. At least for me, caring about my childrenís health, I wouldnít sign off on it nowadays.


I understand the point with regard to his fathers occupation. But like I said in a prior post, his family money is not relevant. Doctors, including surgeons are not making more than 900k a year. Yes, that's great money, but it's not string our kids up for life.
RE: RE: Like the Urschel post  
Bill L : 3/11/2018 8:18 pm : link
In comment 13859227 lax counsel said:
Quote:
In comment 13859226 Bill L said:


Quote:


I do think his fathersí occupation plays a role in his future. Presumably heís better educated about CTE. As the rest of us are coming to be. And possibly you could argue that his familyís money is also relevant. More and more people, and itís jsut a guess but I would bet that itís more evident in affluent households, families are pulling away from youth football. At least for me, caring about my childrenís health, I wouldnít sign off on it nowadays.



I understand the point with regard to his fathers occupation. But like I said in a prior post, his family money is not relevant. Doctors, including surgeons are not making more than 900k a year. Yes, that's great money, but it's not string our kids up for life.
donít mean it that way. I donít think he will sponge off dad regardless of whether he plays football. My point is that his familyís general affluence has probably prepared him to succeed, football or not. That enables him to better balance money against his life and ability to count to 10
$900k per year for 30 years  
UConn4523 : 3/11/2018 8:18 pm : link
is definitely setting your kids up for life. Not saying hats the case here thatís fantastic money.
RE: $900k per year for 30 years  
Bill L : 3/11/2018 8:25 pm : link
In comment 13859236 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
is definitely setting your kids up for life. Not saying hats the case here thatís fantastic money.
thats true. Iíve said before that everyone on bbi but me is rich. I probably would struggle getting to 900k in aggregate, so to me that does seem like a boatload of money.
Is this a Joke  
Bruner4329 : 3/11/2018 8:33 pm : link
So he wants to go after Brady's records. So that guarantees success? Listen there is not a harder worker and guy that wants to win than Eli and he has won 2 Super Bowls and yet people are all over him and call him average. Now we have a guy coming out that states he wants to break Brady's records and we are suppose to bow down to him. You know what would impress me more? Staying on the field for a whole season. That would be a start.
I love it  
djm : 3/11/2018 8:38 pm : link
...
See the mole hill...  
bw in dc : 3/11/2018 8:42 pm : link
make a mountain out of it.

Welcome to our modern, f-cked up society.
Rosen..  
Giant John : 3/11/2018 8:46 pm : link
First concern yourself with being drafted.
I am not sure what to think of this kid  
Rjanyg : 3/11/2018 8:46 pm : link
The main thing about him that is a concern are the concussions. He seems to have a ton of talent and from what I am reading is intensely smart and knowledgable of the game.

He may never be as humble as Eli, but to be honest nobody will ever be that humble. Rosen may struggle dealing with the NY media as will Mayfield. I think Allen and Darnold may do better in that area.

If Rosen is the pick I will trust DG and PS.
He will only struggle dealing with the media  
djm : 3/11/2018 9:50 pm : link
If he sucks as a pro quarterback.
Talk is cheap  
Tom from LI : 3/11/2018 9:58 pm : link
Play the game.

I absolutely want no part of this guy as the Giants qb.


RE: $900k per year for 30 years  
mrvax : 3/11/2018 10:04 pm : link
In comment 13859236 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
is definitely setting your kids up for life. Not saying hats the case here thatís fantastic money.


Surgeons and OB/GYNs are paying close to $250,000 per year in malpractice Ins. Let alone student loans.

I have 2 adult daughters. I probably would advise a son against an NFL career but if he really wanted it, I'd relent.

He sounds a little cocky to me,  
Ira : 3/11/2018 10:05 pm : link
but there are worse qualities in a pro qb.
Before Peyton Manning was drafted...  
bw in dc : 3/11/2018 10:12 pm : link
he told Bill Pollian, then GM of the Colts, that if they didnít draft him that he was looking forward to ďkicking your ass every time we play you.Ē

Thatís not to some reporter. Thatís to a highly touted GM, who at the time had built the Bills and the Panthers into conference champions.

I loved that story. And I like Rosen have these lofty goals. Good for him.
And if we look at the bright side  
Bill L : 3/11/2018 10:31 pm : link
Heís probably perfect to weather the media storm if they donít take to his personality. He likely wonít even remember the criticism a few hours after its mouthed.
This is such a non-story  
GFAN52 : 3/11/2018 10:42 pm : link
.
I like this kid  
Optimus-NY : 3/11/2018 10:44 pm : link
If his injury situation checks out, then I'm running to the podium if he's there. I'm assuming that Darnold goes first still. My pick for the Giants are whoever is left between these 2 QBs. Both will be excellent.
Darnold hmmm  
NikkiMac : 3/11/2018 11:24 pm : link
It was only 3 months ago everybody with football knowledge said they thought that Darnold should have stayed in school I agreed with them as well

How is it that he went from that status to being #1 pick ? It was clear as day just as it was for M Sanchez

This kid has got a bad body and to many turnovers and not many games under his belt ...... many people like him because of the Rose Bowl the year before 😳....

I donít know about you but Iím tired of the Eli way ... I want a QB with a little more rah rah on the sideline ,a guy who gets pissed off and donít like to lose ....

All due respect to Eli however...... I say trade Eli I know no trade clause

And draft Rosen I guess Iím up there with Milton on this kid .....
RE: RE: What the hell  
Jesse B : 3/12/2018 5:37 am : link
In comment 13859217 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
In comment 13859209 ryanmkeane said:


Quote:


does his family wealth and dad's job have to do with him being a good QB or not? Is that a serious comment?



It really is stupid. BBI makes it seem like only players who grew up poor can be good. Itís funny because often times ďrich peopleĒ tend to hate losing money and strive for excellence, but I guess that doesnít apply to Rosen. Some also think because his dad is a neurosurgeon that 1 guy and he will pull his little boy from the game (why hadnít he already if thatís the case)?


Seriously itís not like the Mannings grew up in a good situation or anything
RE: Darnold hmmm  
chopperhatch : 3/12/2018 6:07 am : link
In comment 13859379 NikkiMac said:
Quote:
It was only 3 months ago everybody with football knowledge said they thought that Darnold should have stayed in school I agreed with them as well

How is it that he went from that status to being #1 pick ? It was clear as day just as it was for M Sanchez

This kid has got a bad body and to many turnovers and not many games under his belt ...... many people like him because of the Rose Bowl the year before 😳....

I donít know about you but Iím tired of the Eli way ... I want a QB with a little more rah rah on the sideline ,a guy who gets pissed off and donít like to lose ....

All due respect to Eli however...... I say trade Eli I know no trade clause

And draft Rosen I guess Iím up there with Milton on this kid .....


Huhhhhhhh? I can understand your not liking him....or preferring someone else. But WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?????? Darnold has 22 ints in 2 seasons, 13 came in his "down" season this past year. He still boasted a 63% and is only 20.

Bad body? Ive literally never heard that about a qb prospect, but ok.

You guys are nuts.
Well the bad body I did  
NikkiMac : 3/12/2018 6:18 am : link
Get from the scouts and Iíve heard that from a few donít remember which ones sorry guy I donít believe in Darnold I think Rosen is the better QB Iíll eat crow down the line if Iím wrong and I think Rosen and his personality will fit right in NY ..... oh might have been Cassrly that said he has a bad body will probably get fat like Sonny Jorgensen although Jorgensen was pretty good LOL .....anyway calm down donít get so excited donít have a heart attack Iíll feel guilty
Period  
Brown Recluse : 3/12/2018 7:01 am : link
.
RE: RE: Darnold hmmm  
Diver_Down : 3/12/2018 7:47 am : link
In comment 13859428 chopperhatch said:
Quote:
In comment 13859379 NikkiMac said:


Quote:


It was only 3 months ago everybody with football knowledge said they thought that Darnold should have stayed in school I agreed with them as well

How is it that he went from that status to being #1 pick ? It was clear as day just as it was for M Sanchez

This kid has got a bad body and to many turnovers and not many games under his belt ...... many people like him because of the Rose Bowl the year before 😳....

I donít know about you but Iím tired of the Eli way ... I want a QB with a little more rah rah on the sideline ,a guy who gets pissed off and donít like to lose ....

All due respect to Eli however...... I say trade Eli I know no trade clause

And draft Rosen I guess Iím up there with Milton on this kid .....



Huhhhhhhh? I can understand your not liking him....or preferring someone else. But WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?????? Darnold has 22 ints in 2 seasons, 13 came in his "down" season this past year. He still boasted a 63% and is only 20.

Bad body? Ive literally never heard that about a qb prospect, but ok.

You guys are nuts.


Chop -
The turnovers are a concern. It isn't just about interceptions, but his propensity to treat the ball like bocce. This is the fact - He had 22 interceptions and 21 fumbles in 27 starts at USC. That is 43 turnovers in 27 starts.
$20 bet -  
section125 : 3/12/2018 8:59 am : link
almost all those bitching want Darnold or Barkley and not Rosen.

If you don't have goals, how will you succeed? Sounds like he is committed to being the best he can be.

If his medicals are clear, he is the best QB in the draft. Maybe Allen someday is better if he can correct his faults, same with Darnold. But right now Rosen is the best QB in the draft.
I would trade a truckload of picks for Cleveland #1  
Coach Red Beaulieu : 3/12/2018 9:55 am : link
To draft Rosen if he said that in a Rocky IV Ivan Drago's "I must break you" voice.
I think Tom Coughlin had a saying:  
Angus : 3/12/2018 10:14 am : link
Confident enough to perform, humble enough to prepare. For my part, I like confident on the inside, humble on the outside. Don't tell me how good you are, show me how good you are. I still like Rosen, but the ideal player is completely humble, but a great, driven player.
RE: I think Tom Coughlin had a saying:  
Milton : 3/12/2018 10:18 am : link
In comment 13859619 Angus said:
Quote:
Confident enough to perform, humble enough to prepare.
Since nobody has worked harder to be prepared than Rosen, it must mean he's pretty humble (by Coughlin's definition).
RE: RE: I think Tom Coughlin had a saying:  
Thegratefulhead : 3/12/2018 10:25 am : link
In comment 13859624 Milton said:
Quote:
In comment 13859619 Angus said:


Quote:


Confident enough to perform, humble enough to prepare.

Since nobody has worked harder to be prepared than Rosen, it must mean he's pretty humble (by Coughlin's definition).
People are human, how many scouts and analysts voted for Trump? Wearing that hat hurt him. I think it would be hard for an older scout or analyst that loves Trump to be truly objective about the kid without bias. Today's political climate is so divisive and in your face everywhere. He looks like Tom Brady when he throws, he is that good. I Like Mayfield too, maybe a little more but I love Rosen too.
RE: RE: I think Tom Coughlin had a saying:  
Bill L : 3/12/2018 10:29 am : link
In comment 13859624 Milton said:
Quote:
In comment 13859619 Angus said:


Quote:


Confident enough to perform, humble enough to prepare.

Since nobody has worked harder to be prepared than Rosen, it must mean he's pretty humble (by Coughlin's definition).
I'm not sure how that is quantifiable. I actually read the exact same thing about Webb this morning. I bet I would be able to read a story about a zillion other players and find that same conclusion. To be honest, I'm sure that they're all right, too.
RE: RE: RE: I think Tom Coughlin had a saying:  
Bill L : 3/12/2018 10:29 am : link
In comment 13859634 Thegratefulhead said:
Quote:
In comment 13859624 Milton said:


Quote:


In comment 13859619 Angus said:


Quote:


Confident enough to perform, humble enough to prepare.

Since nobody has worked harder to be prepared than Rosen, it must mean he's pretty humble (by Coughlin's definition).

People are human, how many scouts and analysts voted for Trump? Wearing that hat hurt him. I think it would be hard for an older scout or analyst that loves Trump to be truly objective about the kid without bias. Today's political climate is so divisive and in your face everywhere. He looks like Tom Brady when he throws, he is that good. I Like Mayfield too, maybe a little more but I love Rosen too.
Your post has no place in this conversation, IMO
RE: RE: RE: I think Tom Coughlin had a saying:  
Milton : 3/12/2018 10:48 am : link
In comment 13859642 Bill L said:
Quote:
Since nobody has worked harder to be prepared than Rosen, it must mean he's pretty humble (by Coughlin's definition).

I'm not sure how that is quantifiable. I actually read the exact same thing about Webb this morning. I bet I would be able to read a story about a zillion other players and find that same conclusion. To be honest, I'm sure that they're all right, too.
I understand what you're saying, but I make the statement based on the results. You don't get to have perfect mechanics without working on it at length. Davis Webb is the son of a football coach and someone who has aspired to be an NFL QB his whole life and yet his mechanics are no match for Rosen's (the son of ice skaters). And there isn't a scout alive who will tell you that Rosen is a better athlete than Darnold and yet he outperformed Darnold in the combine's athletic testing. The only conclusion I can draw is that he worked harder at the specific tests than did Darnold (how is it that the former tennis player jumped higher than the former basketball player?). And on top of that, he was humble enough to admit that it was at the combine that he first broke 5 seconds flat in the 40.
I think Rosen  
allstarjim : 3/12/2018 12:35 pm : link
Has shown bad judgement off the field. Still, I'm not going to ding him too much on that. Rosen has great mechanics, better than Darnold's, for example. I'd still prefer Darnold.

And here is why: You could teach me perfect mechanics and I'd never be able to play QB in the NFL. While Rosen is much more physically able and talented at football than I am, his mechanics alone aren't going to make him a great QB. It's the other stuff. Personally, I don't think he's accurate at all levels. I don't think he feels pressure well. I don't think he performs well on the move or throws well outside the pocket or from dirty pockets. And I don't think he is a winner, despite what he says.

I'm willing to give him a pass on everything else. The injury stuff is a mild concern to me, but honestly it's not a huge ding on him from my perspective.

Darnold is a play maker. He'll handle NFL pressure better than Rosen. And Allen as well.
God, I despise the media.  
Keith : 3/12/2018 12:38 pm : link
Not sure if anyone watched the combine, but when these guys were interviwed, they were told to sell themselves on why they should be the #1 pick. THis wasn't just him coming out and saying it, they asked him to do it. Of coure the media is going to run with it like he's already comparing himself to Brady. What a joke.
RE: RE: RE: Darnold hmmm  
allstarjim : 3/12/2018 1:28 pm : link
In comment 13859459 Diver_Down said:
Quote:
In comment 13859428 chopperhatch said:


Quote:


In comment 13859379 NikkiMac said:


Quote:


It was only 3 months ago everybody with football knowledge said they thought that Darnold should have stayed in school I agreed with them as well

How is it that he went from that status to being #1 pick ? It was clear as day just as it was for M Sanchez

This kid has got a bad body and to many turnovers and not many games under his belt ...... many people like him because of the Rose Bowl the year before 😳....

I donít know about you but Iím tired of the Eli way ... I want a QB with a little more rah rah on the sideline ,a guy who gets pissed off and donít like to lose ....

All due respect to Eli however...... I say trade Eli I know no trade clause

And draft Rosen I guess Iím up there with Milton on this kid .....



Huhhhhhhh? I can understand your not liking him....or preferring someone else. But WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?????? Darnold has 22 ints in 2 seasons, 13 came in his "down" season this past year. He still boasted a 63% and is only 20.

Bad body? Ive literally never heard that about a qb prospect, but ok.

You guys are nuts.



Chop -
The turnovers are a concern. It isn't just about interceptions, but his propensity to treat the ball like bocce. This is the fact - He had 22 interceptions and 21 fumbles in 27 starts at USC. That is 43 turnovers in 27 starts.


First, I'd like to say something just on the INTs...you have to look at the INTs and how they occurred. There is some concern here, I'm not going to lie. He's made some bad throws mostly due to poor footwork. The poor footwork is mostly due to unrelenting pressure. Most often when he "steps in the bucket", he has pressure on top of him to his right. He's stepping away from the pressure so as to not absorb a full frontal impact and get driven into the ground back-first. That's what it looks like to me. But his accuracy does suffer when he does that and it has directly led to INTs.

Mark Schofield does a pretty good breakdown of Darnold's regular season interceptions (he had one in the bowl game vs Ohio State) here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0QLjo3dJBs

You can see sometimes he's throwing it into one on one and just trying to give his receiver a chance to make a play.

There is one interception that is completely not his fault, where it was a good throw, bounces off receiver's hands and turns into an INT.

But the fumbles is hard to put on him. The pass protection he had was so bad, you get hit and sacked so many times, you're going to cough up the football some of those times, particularly when you don't see the hit coming. He does need to hold the ball higher in the pocket, that is another thing he needs to work on. However, I feel that Darnold has more play-making ability and will to win than Rosen. One of the things that has bothered me about Rosen and everyone talking about his terrific mechanics and his tremendous accuracy and superb arm talent and spin, and comparing that to Darnold with his bad footwork and lackluster mechanics at times, is that Darnold still has a higher completion percentage than Rosen.

Rosen at 62.6% improved on his completion % from that metric in the last two seasons. But it's still shy of Darnold's 63.1%, which was considerably down from his 67.2% of last year. And here's the thing, he lost three offensive linemen to the NFL from the 2016 CFB season...Damien Mama, Chad Wheeler, and Zach Banner, as well as losing his most talented receiver in Juju Smith-Schuster.

Darnold's 2017 offensive line was a complete disaster, and while his receivers were decent, losing Smith-Schuster was a significant drop-off. The story about his supporting cast though is really about the complete ineptitude of the offensive line, though...that's what caused his effectiveness to drop primarily, from a brilliant 67.2% passing season with a TD-INT ratio of 31-9. If you put that season up against Rosen's 2017 season it's no contest in favor of Darnold.

Well, Rosen has some of the things that Darnold had in 2016. Pretty good pass protection especially from the blind side in Kolton Miller. A pretty good receiver in Jordan Lasley (though not as good as Smith-Schuster), and a good one to watch next year in Darren Andrews. But that translated into a 62.6% pass completion metric that still fell short of Darnold even in his down year, and a 26-10 TD-INT ratio that while pretty good, isn't as good as 2016 Darnold at 31-9, and all this while Darnold has a higher Yards per Attempt.

I have concerns with Rosen on the field. I think he is a good passer and will be a good player in the NFL. But I see more of a Ryan Tannehill to Alex Smith good, not a Peyton Manning good. I don't see an elite QB here. I see a mediocre NFL QB that gets you close to the dance but you go home a little disappointed with how the evening turned out, over and over again. Kind of like Andy Dalton in Cincinatti. No doubt Dalton is a talented quarterback. But we know it's highly unlikely Dalton is ever going to be the starting QB on a Super Bowl winning team. You don't want to be in that situation, keeping a guy on you hope can get over the hump, and paying him big dollars to do it, but who just isn't quite good enough to get over that hump.

Darnold, on the other hand, he has the "it" factor. But still, he needs a year to work on his game, ideally. If you throw him out there, he is going to lose a lot early. He has to clean up on his footwork and how he holds the ball in the pocket. He has to work on identifying what the linebackers are going to do and seeing those zone dogs coming underneath into the passing lane. But what he is good at you can't teach. The accuracy on the run, the ability to make plays when things break down, and the competitiveness to will his team to win.

However, I'm starting to prefer Allen to all of them.
Back to the Corner