Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Richburg to SF per Adam Schefter

elisha2014 : 3/13/2018 10:42 am
Another one bites the dust...Another year with the worst OL in football upcoming.
Pages: 1 2 | Show All |  Next>>
Wait, what?  
jvm52106 : 3/13/2018 10:43 am : link
You post this and say another of worst Oline coming up? Because we lose a guy we didn't want???
But  
cokeduplt : 3/13/2018 10:43 am : link
He was part of the problem no big loss
Pro Bowl in 2 years  
Bill L : 3/13/2018 10:44 am : link
you just watch.
Richburg  
13ODB : 3/13/2018 10:44 am : link
Stink in 2016
They can have him  
jeff57 : 3/13/2018 10:44 am : link
.
Good thing they have a mobile QB  
widmerseyebrow : 3/13/2018 10:44 am : link
.
5 year deal  
ryanmkeane : 3/13/2018 10:44 am : link
i wonder what the money is. Good signing for them IF he can stay healthy.
If the Niners  
elisha2014 : 3/13/2018 10:45 am : link
are giving him a 5 year deal he clearly has value...
see ya  
Victor in CT : 3/13/2018 10:45 am : link
don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

the OP makes no sense. Richburg was part of the problem.
Money will be interesting  
AcesUp : 3/13/2018 10:45 am : link
He's a tough one to figure out.
I thought it was  
ryanmkeane : 3/13/2018 10:46 am : link
weird when Richburg basically called out the entire OL after being on the team for 1 year. He called it "his offensive line" and said that some of the guys basically weren't doing what he was doing in the offseason. Remember that? I was hoping that would be a good thing....it wasn't
wait til jimmy G tries to step up and sees Richburg's  
Victor in CT : 3/13/2018 10:46 am : link
head at his feet for the first time.
Dumb Post, Dumber Poster  
Bruner4329 : 3/13/2018 10:46 am : link
I don't get these people. We have one of the worst lines the last few years and an overhaul is needed so when we lose one of the guys that played on one of the worst lines people start complaining? Do they even watch the games? If they did they would know that there was no push from the center spot with this guy.
RE: If the Niners  
Victor in CT : 3/13/2018 10:47 am : link
In comment 13861528 elisha2014 said:
Quote:
are giving him a 5 year deal he clearly has value...


Oh is that what it is? Somebody signing a player now makes him valuable?
Guy gets zero push  
BlueHurricane : 3/13/2018 10:49 am : link
I'm sorry but I want a center who can blow a guy off the ball.
RE: Guy gets zero push  
Victor in CT : 3/13/2018 10:51 am : link
In comment 13861546 BlueHurricane said:
Quote:
I'm sorry but I want a center who can blow a guy off the ball.


or a LEAST hold his ground.

Too much film out on this guy now. Just line up a big DT on the nose and push him back. Too easy. As an offense I don't know how you can scheme around that.
RE: RE: If the Niners  
elisha2014 : 3/13/2018 10:51 am : link
In comment 13861541 Victor in CT said:
Quote:
In comment 13861528 elisha2014 said:


Quote:


are giving him a 5 year deal he clearly has value...



Oh is that what it is? Somebody signing a player now makes him valuable?


My mistake Victor - you must know more than the front office in San Fran. Maybe Gettleman should bring you in.
he will thrive in that system  
sundayatone : 3/13/2018 10:51 am : link
and a qb who is very athletic.
No big loss  
DonnieD89 : 3/13/2018 10:52 am : link
Giants will have an opportunity to get Price, Daniels, or Ragnow in the 2nd if they want a C/OG. Let’s see how it goes.
RE: Guy gets zero push  
ryanmkeane : 3/13/2018 10:52 am : link
In comment 13861546 BlueHurricane said:
Quote:
I'm sorry but I want a center who can blow a guy off the ball.

James Daniels is my favorite center in the draft. Would be thrilled to get him at top of round 3 if he's somehow still there.
Niners  
jvm52106 : 3/13/2018 10:53 am : link
also signed (will be signing) a Center too. So either Richburg is changing positions or the center they signed is switching.
Richburg  
Andy in Boston : 3/13/2018 10:53 am : link
to Guard I believe.
Good Bye and don't let the door hot you on the way out  
djstat : 3/13/2018 10:55 am : link
Way over paid. Was AWFUL in 2016 and off to an AWFUL start in 2017. Line got better when he got hurt.
RE: Dumb Post, Dumber Poster  
Neckbone1333 : 3/13/2018 10:55 am : link
In comment 13861540 Bruner4329 said:
Quote:
I don't get these people. We have one of the worst lines the last few years and an overhaul is needed so when we lose one of the guys that played on one of the worst lines people start complaining? Do they even watch the games? If they did they would know that there was no push from the center spot with this guy.


Definitely a dumb post...Don't know the poster, so won't go there.
RE: Good Bye and don't let the door hot you on the way out  
BillKo : 3/13/2018 10:57 am : link
In comment 13861575 djstat said:
Quote:
Way over paid. Was AWFUL in 2016 and off to an AWFUL start in 2017. Line got better when he got hurt.


Can't argue that.

Five years....I'm sure he won't last there five years.
Richberg was a brutal guard  
Peter from NH (formerly CT) : 3/13/2018 10:58 am : link
when he was here his first year. He had an OK year at center and then decline. Don't see him as an effective guard at all. But who knows?
I would not be shocked to see him go back to being a quality player  
Ten Ton Hammer : 3/13/2018 10:58 am : link
.
Weird career...  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 3/13/2018 11:02 am : link
Looked to be a keeper, but his career has fallen off a cliff, though injuries might have contributed to it.
RE: RE: Guy gets zero push  
yatqb : 3/13/2018 11:05 am : link
In comment 13861564 ryanmkeane said:
Quote:
In comment 13861546 BlueHurricane said:


Quote:


I'm sorry but I want a center who can blow a guy off the ball.


James Daniels is my favorite center in the draft. Would be thrilled to get him at top of round 3 if he's somehow still there.


I'm not disappointed to lose him. As others have said, he's too light to get a push or keep a pocket for the QB.

And Daniels, as good as he is, is also very light. I'm not sure I want to go that route again. I think I'd rathr have Ragnow.
Strange Moves  
Sammo85 : 3/13/2018 11:06 am : link
by the Niners in adding two huge health question marks in Richburg and Sherman.
RE: Richberg was a brutal guard  
Victor in CT : 3/13/2018 11:07 am : link
In comment 13861591 Peter from NH (formerly CT) said:
Quote:
when he was here his first year. He had an OK year at center and then decline. Don't see him as an effective guard at all. But who knows?


yep
RE: Richburg  
Section331 : 3/13/2018 11:07 am : link
In comment 13861569 Andy in Boston said:
Quote:
to Guard I believe.


I don't see that working out, but what do I know? He has the mobility, but if he didn't have enough push to play C, he is he going to play OG?

Shanahan does run a zone scheme, so maybe Richburg is a fit there? Either way, it didn't work here, so best of luck to him.
RE: RE: If the Niners  
Tuckrule : 3/13/2018 11:08 am : link
In comment 13861541 Victor in CT said:
Quote:
In comment 13861528 elisha2014 said:


Quote:


are giving him a 5 year deal he clearly has value...



Oh is that what it is? Somebody signing a player now makes him valuable?


Lmao not to get all technical on you but YES a players value is based off of what the market dictates. You have your answer. So yes he has value clearly. If your going to single out a post at least make sense
That's shanny correct?  
idiotsavant : 3/13/2018 11:09 am : link
At very least running lots of outside zone like he did in atlanta might be easier for the slightly smaller, lighter players as opposed to what mac attempted to run.

That said, I was not a big believer in richburg as our center . Jones seems better anyway. So....who cares, no great loss for us.

And we dont yet even really know our run block style.

Next subject.
RE: Richberg was a brutal guard  
Rjanyg : 3/13/2018 11:10 am : link
In comment 13861591 Peter from NH (formerly CT) said:
Quote:
when he was here his first year. He had an OK year at center and then decline. Don't see him as an effective guard at all. But who knows?


Yeah he was not very good but he was light. Maybe a couple of trips to Krispy Kreme will help him.

We tendered Jones and Hilapio and re-signed Greco, so right now its seems like safety in numbers approach and all the contracts are pretty reasonable.

He seemed pretty good but in the end  
Heisenberg : 3/13/2018 11:11 am : link
he couldn't beat out a Canadian midget.
RE: Pro Bowl in 2 years  
est1986 : 3/13/2018 11:11 am : link
In comment 13861523 Bill L said:
Quote:
you just watch.


Yeah right. We play San Fran this year. Watch how easily Tomlinson and Harrison abuse him.
DG  
AcidTest : 3/13/2018 11:13 am : link
was never going to resign him. He doesn't have the mass to be a "hog mollie." He's mostly a move player who works best in space, not at the LOS. As others have said, he's cerebral, but gets moved off the ball and pushed back. He also has trouble generating any push at the LOS.
Addition by subtraction  
RobCarpenter : 3/13/2018 11:13 am : link
As others noted the interior OL was better without him.

5 years is an absurd contract for him. Seems like SF is panicking after not getting Norwell.
RE: RE: RE: If the Niners  
Victor in CT : 3/13/2018 11:17 am : link
In comment 13861638 Tuckrule said:
Quote:
In comment 13861541 Victor in CT said:


Quote:


In comment 13861528 elisha2014 said:


Quote:


are giving him a 5 year deal he clearly has value...



Oh is that what it is? Somebody signing a player now makes him valuable?



Lmao not to get all technical on you but YES a players value is based off of what the market dictates. You have your answer. So yes he has value clearly. If your going to single out a post at least make sense


So you think that is somebody signs a player who clearly sucks, he suddenly becomes a good player? That's the George Steinbrenner theory of talent acquisition. Ed Whitson (just one infamous example. Kenny Rogers another) is a good back of the rotation starter, so I'll pay him ACE $$ and he will become one.
Light in the pants even  
Stufftherun : 3/13/2018 11:18 am : link
with a full diaper and we witnessed him in the backfield and in Eli's lap all too often. Onward and upward.
Are the Giants entitled to Compensatory pick  
dk in TX : 3/13/2018 11:27 am : link
with this loss? Richburg was not released. I hope Richburg, Pugh, Fluker (if he is leaving) get "buku" dollars that may translate into 3rd round compensatory picks.
RE: DG  
RetroJint : 3/13/2018 11:29 am : link
In comment 13861655 AcidTest said:
Quote:
was never going to resign him. He doesn't have the mass to be a "hog mollie." He's mostly a move player who works best in space, not at the LOS. As others have said, he's cerebral, but gets moved off the ball and pushed back. He also has trouble generating any push at the LOS.

Went over this last week. Tim Jernigan called him one of the strongest centers he’s ever faced and a load in the running game. Jernigan is a DT who carries no brief for Richburg . His analysis belies the “finesse, second level” cliches about him . I was off on my estimate about when he would sign. I thought he would be signed on 3-15. Doesn’t take long for offensive linemen to move. Lastly, perhaps some of the disappointment with these guys should be directed toward Solari?
RE: Money will be interesting  
old man : 3/13/2018 11:32 am : link
In comment 13861533 AcesUp said:
Quote:
He's a tough one to figure out.


Hope its worth a 3rd or 4th.
RE: RE: DG  
Victor in CT : 3/13/2018 11:32 am : link
In comment 13861733 RetroJint said:
Quote:
In comment 13861655 AcidTest said:


Quote:


was never going to resign him. He doesn't have the mass to be a "hog mollie." He's mostly a move player who works best in space, not at the LOS. As others have said, he's cerebral, but gets moved off the ball and pushed back. He also has trouble generating any push at the LOS.


Went over this last week. Tim Jernigan called him one of the strongest centers he’s ever faced and a load in the running game. Jernigan is a DT who carries no brief for Richburg . His analysis belies the “finesse, second level” cliches about him . I was off on my estimate about when he would sign. I thought he would be signed on 3-15. Doesn’t take long for offensive linemen to move. Lastly, perhaps some of the disappointment with these guys should be directed toward Solari?


Wait!! BBI said Solari was going to fix everything! It was all Flaherty's fault!

;-)
..3rd or 4th  
old man : 3/13/2018 11:33 am : link
Comp pick.
..3rd or 4th  
old man : 3/13/2018 11:34 am : link
Comp pick.
He sucked balls  
BigBlue4You09 : 3/13/2018 11:35 am : link
Way to cry over losing one of our worst OL
RE: RE: RE: DG  
Aaroninma : 3/13/2018 11:42 am : link
In comment 13861742 Victor in CT said:
Quote:
In comment 13861733 RetroJint said:


Quote:


In comment 13861655 AcidTest said:


Quote:


was never going to resign him. He doesn't have the mass to be a "hog mollie." He's mostly a move player who works best in space, not at the LOS. As others have said, he's cerebral, but gets moved off the ball and pushed back. He also has trouble generating any push at the LOS.


Went over this last week. Tim Jernigan called him one of the strongest centers he’s ever faced and a load in the running game. Jernigan is a DT who carries no brief for Richburg . His analysis belies the “finesse, second level” cliches about him . I was off on my estimate about when he would sign. I thought he would be signed on 3-15. Doesn’t take long for offensive linemen to move. Lastly, perhaps some of the disappointment with these guys should be directed toward Solari?



Wait!! BBI said Solari was going to fix everything! It was all Flaherty's fault!

;-)



Ive said this before, but this OL will be better with different coaching. You can take average OL and build a servicable OL with good coaching
Really...  
M.S. : 3/13/2018 11:45 am : link

...who gives a fucking shit about Richburg???

We are better today with this announcement.
Pages: 1 2 | Show All |  Next>>
Back to the Corner