Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

NFT: RIP Stephen Hawking

Mr. Bungle : 3/13/2018 11:48 pm
Breaking...
Here  
Mr. Bungle : 3/13/2018 11:50 pm : link
is a
link. - ( New Window )
that sucks  
Vanzetti : 3/13/2018 11:58 pm : link
What an amazing person. Talk about not giving into a crippling physical affliction.
A pure genius  
SHO'NUFF : 3/14/2018 12:01 am : link
maybe all is revealed to him at last
Oh no.  
Boy Cord : 3/14/2018 12:26 am : link
I just watched his documentary. What an amazing life and career. We know so much more about the universe because of him. He won’t be replaced. RIP.
second smartest person i've ever met.  
madgiantscow009 : 3/14/2018 12:51 am : link
RIP.
RE: A pure genius  
Giants1956 : 3/14/2018 4:33 am : link
In comment 13863674 SHO'NUFF said:
Quote:
maybe all is revealed to him at last


I doubt it SHO'NUFF.
Stephen Hawking like many genius' think they're omninscence
His 'spirituality' was dismissive without with out
any insight or open minded approach.

In the end Leonard Susskind moved past him.

RIP he did more handicapped than I've done my whole life
in full health.




RE: A pure genius  
Giants1956 : 3/14/2018 4:22 am : link
In comment 13863674 SHO'NUFF said:
Quote:
maybe all is revealed to him at last


I doubt it SHO'NUFF.
Stephen Hawking like many genius' think they're omninscence
His 'spirituality' was dismissive without with out
any insight or open minded approach.

In the end Leonard Susskind moved past him.

RIP he did more handicapped than I've done my whole life
in full health.




RE: A pure genius  
Giants1956 : 3/14/2018 4:22 am : link
In comment 13863674 SHO'NUFF said:
Quote:
maybe all is revealed to him at last


I doubt it SHO'NUFF.
Stephen Hawking like many genius' think they're omninscence
His 'spirituality' was dismissive without with out
any insight or open minded approach.

In the end Leonard Susskind moved past him.

RIP he did more handicapped than I've done my whole life
in full health.




Great Hawking quotation  
Vanzetti : 3/14/2018 4:07 am : link
“I can’t move and I have to speak through a computer, but in my mind, I am free”

RE: A pure genius  
Giants1956 : 3/14/2018 4:22 am : link
In comment 13863674 SHO'NUFF said:
Quote:
maybe all is revealed to him at last


I doubt it SHO'NUFF.
Stephen Hawking like many genius' think they're omninscence
His 'spirituality' was dismissive without with out
any insight or open minded approach.

In the end Leonard Susskind moved past him.

RIP he did more handicapped than I've done my whole life
in full health.




Great Hawking quotation  
Vanzetti : 3/14/2018 4:05 am : link
“I can’t move and I have to speak through a computer, but in my mind, I am free”

RE: A pure genius  
Giants1956 : 3/14/2018 4:21 am : link
In comment 13863674 SHO'NUFF said:
Quote:
maybe all is revealed to him at last


I doubt it SHO'NUFF.
Stephen Hawking like many genius' think they're omninscence
His 'spirituality' was dismissive without with out
any insight or open minded approach.

In the end Leonard Susskind moved past him.

RIP he did more handicapped than I've done my whole life
in full health.




Wonder how many times Hawking  
Beezer : 3/14/2018 5:43 am : link
would have posted that.

RIP
Genius  
TD : 3/14/2018 6:00 am : link
RIP
RE: Wonder how many times Hawking  
Giants1956 : 3/14/2018 6:23 am : link
In comment 13863735 Beezer said:
Quote:
would have posted that.

RIP


Blame BBI. When you hit submit and nothing happens
you hit it again and nothing happens. I actually
never knew to now that it was sent. I think one post
is sufficient.

But, if irony interests you, explain Hawking's
porn addiction. A man who can't 'feel' is into porn.
I think that's an interesting question.
Also why did he get divorced? Why did he marry a second
time?
RE: RE: Wonder how many times Hawking  
section125 : 3/14/2018 6:54 am : link
In comment 13863751 Giants1956 said:
Quote:
In comment 13863735 Beezer said:


Quote:


would have posted that.

RIP



Blame BBI. When you hit submit and nothing happens
you hit it again and nothing happens. I actually
never knew to now that it was sent. I think one post
is sufficient.

But, if irony interests you, explain Hawking's
porn addiction. A man who can't 'feel' is into porn.
I think that's an interesting question.
Also why did he get divorced? Why did he marry a second
time?


Why did you post 4 times?
RE: RE: RE: Wonder how many times Hawking  
Beer Man : 3/14/2018 7:05 am : link
In comment 13863769 section125 said:
Quote:
In comment 13863751 Giants1956 said:


Quote:


In comment 13863735 Beezer said:


Quote:


would have posted that.

RIP



Blame BBI. When you hit submit and nothing happens
you hit it again and nothing happens. I actually
never knew to now that it was sent. I think one post
is sufficient.

But, if irony interests you, explain Hawking's
porn addiction. A man who can't 'feel' is into porn.
I think that's an interesting question.
Also why did he get divorced? Why did he marry a second
time?



Why did you post 4 times?
I think it is an issue with BBI. I had the same happen to me on another tread
RE: RE: Wonder how many times Hawking  
Neckbone1333 : 3/14/2018 7:16 am : link
In comment 13863751 Giants1956 said:
Quote:
But, if irony interests you, explain Hawking's
porn addiction. A man who can't 'feel' is into porn.
I think that's an interesting question.
Also why did he get divorced? Why did he marry a second
time?


Who doesn’t love some new titties!!!
Stephen Hawking  
mrvax : 3/14/2018 7:36 am : link
RIP. I was a big fan for a long time. He fairly recently was quoted to say on the possibility of alien contact, we should be careful what we wish for. I suspect it may be the equivalent of Columbus.
RE: RE: Wonder how many times Hawking  
Hammer : 3/14/2018 7:40 am : link
In comment 13863751 Giants1956 said:
Quote:
In comment 13863735 Beezer said:


Quote:


But, if irony interests you, explain Hawking's
porn addiction. A man who can't 'feel' is into porn.
I think that's an interesting question.
Also, why did he get divorced? Why did he marry a second
time?


People get divorced. People are into porn. Those things and being a great mind and a wonderful person are not mutually exclusive.

To imply that they are, as you have done, is a troubling reveal.
On the glass half-full side, he will live on  
Bill L : 3/14/2018 7:40 am : link
in syndication. (I definitely can see a BBT tribute if they are shooting any more episodes for the show.)
Carl Sagan  
Sec 103 : 3/14/2018 7:42 am : link
and Hawkings to me were the epitome of the atheist scientists. Both brilliant yet unfaithful.
RIP
RE: Wonder how many times Hawking  
SomeFan : 3/14/2018 8:18 am : link
In comment 13863735 Beezer said:
Quote:
would have posted that.

RIP


Haha!
R.I.P.  
Britt in VA : 3/14/2018 8:38 am : link
"We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet."
trashing a brilliant man  
UESBLUE : 3/14/2018 8:54 am : link
because he liked porn. Instead of posting 5 times howvabout posting NEVER?
RE: Carl Sagan  
TheOtherManning : 3/14/2018 9:02 am : link
In comment 13863814 Sec 103 said:
Quote:
and Hawkings to me were the epitome of the atheist scientists. Both brilliant yet unfaithful.
RIP


I'm typing this response blind because after reading this my eyes rolled straight out of my skull.
He  
AcidTest : 3/14/2018 9:11 am : link
and Einstein were the two greatest minds of the last 100 years. Both gave us a better understanding of the universe and our place in it as a species. RIP. God bless. Prayers to him and his family and friends.
Somehow..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 3/14/2018 9:14 am : link
I had faith that we might finally have found a death nobody would trash.

Sadly, I was dead wrong. Faith failed. Maybe Hawking was onto something......
RE: Carl Sagan  
Section331 : 3/14/2018 9:16 am : link
In comment 13863814 Sec 103 said:
Quote:
and Hawkings to me were the epitome of the atheist scientists. Both brilliant yet unfaithful.
RIP


Maybe not everyone shares your faith? Hard to believe, I know.
Another person  
pjcas18 : 3/14/2018 9:17 am : link
in the category of I thought they were already dead.

Sorry Betty White and Abe Vigoda.
What was so amazing about Dr Hawking was,  
Section331 : 3/14/2018 9:20 am : link
as brilliant as he was, he was able to distill very complex subjects to the point that science illiterates like me could grasp it. I read "A Brief History of Time", and it was such a good read. RIP to a pre-eminent advocate of the wonders of science.
RE: Another person  
Section331 : 3/14/2018 9:21 am : link
In comment 13864024 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
in the category of I thought they were already dead.

Sorry Betty White and Abe Vigoda.


It looks like you were one for 3! At least Betty is still alive!
RE: RE: Another person  
pjcas18 : 3/14/2018 9:26 am : link
In comment 13864034 Section331 said:
Quote:
In comment 13864024 pjcas18 said:


Quote:


in the category of I thought they were already dead.

Sorry Betty White and Abe Vigoda.



It looks like you were one for 3! At least Betty is still alive!


Abe is dead? Oh good, I felt bad when he was alive and I thought he was dead, but now that he really is dead I don't feel bad.

He  
AcidTest : 3/14/2018 9:27 am : link
died on Einstein's 139th birthday.
I saw him speak at Cambridge University once  
markky : 3/14/2018 9:34 am : link
he made an off color joke about black holes. for talking through a machine he came off as personable.
RE: RE: Carl Sagan  
Sec 103 : 3/14/2018 10:05 am : link
In comment 13864019 Section331 said:
Quote:
In comment 13863814 Sec 103 said:


Quote:


and Hawkings to me were the epitome of the atheist scientists. Both brilliant yet unfaithful.
RIP



Maybe not everyone shares your faith? Hard to believe, I know.

Not a religious zealot by any means, in fact quite in line with both.
RE: RE: RE: Wonder how many times Hawking  
Giants1956 : 3/15/2018 12:35 pm : link
In comment 13863811 Hammer said:
Quote:
In comment 13863751 Giants1956 said:


Quote:


In comment 13863735 Beezer said:


Quote:


But, if irony interests you, explain Hawking's
porn addiction. A man who can't 'feel' is into porn.
I think that's an interesting question.
Also, why did he get divorced? Why did he marry a second
time?



People get divorced. People are into porn. Those things and being a great mind and a wonderful person are not mutually exclusive.

To imply that they are, as you have done, is a troubling reveal.


Do you think it's normal for a person who can't get an
erection or orgasm to be involved with porn. What would
be the point?

Just curious how did you determine he was a 'wonderful
person'?

What exactly did you find 'troubling reveal'

If you are under the impression that great mental capicity
leads to wisdom....you are wrong.

Do you admire Leonard Susskind as much as Hawking?





WTF???  
FatMan in Charlotte : 3/15/2018 12:38 pm : link
What are you continually trying to get at here? That Hawking was a bad person because he watched porn?

I've heard some bad hot takes on BBI, but this has to be one of the fucking worst.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Wonder how many times Hawking  
Chris in Philly : 3/15/2018 12:39 pm : link
In comment 13867485 Giants1956 said:
Quote:
In comment 13863811 Hammer said:


Quote:


In comment 13863751 Giants1956 said:


Quote:


In comment 13863735 Beezer said:


Quote:


But, if irony interests you, explain Hawking's
porn addiction. A man who can't 'feel' is into porn.
I think that's an interesting question.
Also, why did he get divorced? Why did he marry a second
time?



People get divorced. People are into porn. Those things and being a great mind and a wonderful person are not mutually exclusive.

To imply that they are, as you have done, is a troubling reveal.



Do you think it's normal for a person who can't get an
erection or orgasm to be involved with porn. What would
be the point?

Just curious how did you determine he was a 'wonderful
person'?

What exactly did you find 'troubling reveal'

If you are under the impression that great mental capicity
leads to wisdom....you are wrong.

Do you admire Leonard Susskind as much as Hawking?






You're a fucking weirdo.
The Bossman knows pron.  
Section331 : 3/15/2018 12:41 pm : link
.
History tells us that many of those  
GiantFilthy : 3/15/2018 12:44 pm : link
who are so against pornography that they think those who partake are less of a person and are willing to say so publicly tend to be the closet homosexuals or kid diddlers.

Place your bets.
RE: History tells us that many of those  
Section331 : 3/15/2018 12:49 pm : link
In comment 13867517 GiantFilthy said:
Quote:
who are so against pornography that they think those who partake are less of a person and are willing to say so publicly tend to be the closet homosexuals or kid diddlers.

Place your bets.


Are they mutually exclusive?
Hawking  
bc4life : 3/15/2018 12:50 pm : link
liked porn. He must have realy enjoyed the Star Trek episode where Kirk banged that green chick.

Seriously, I have to agree with FMiC - how do you trash Stephen Hawking? WTF? You have stock in a different wheel chair company?

BBI - my goodness.
I'm sorry but  
Rover : 3/15/2018 1:31 pm : link
I lost a lot of regard for Hawking after he was one of the bunch of people who 'boycotted' Israel due to their 'occupation' and 'treatment' of the Palestinians.
I can't wipe that from my memory,
RE: I'm sorry but  
Chris in Philly : 3/15/2018 1:54 pm : link
In comment 13867640 Rover said:
Quote:
I lost a lot of regard for Hawking after he was one of the bunch of people who 'boycotted' Israel due to their 'occupation' and 'treatment' of the Palestinians.
I can't wipe that from my memory,


No respkit?
Hahahahahaha  
idiotsavant : 3/15/2018 2:10 pm : link
Filthy and Fatty kicking ass and taking names on this thread. Love it.

For the judgmental crowd;

'Judge not for THOW shall be judged'

I found Hawking to be a bit on the doom and gloom side. But, but for a guy who probably suffered greatly, maybe he occasionally felt he needed a mental break. I don't think it's the best way to do that but I cannot judge him.
Back to the Corner