Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Roughly What We Could Expect if We Trade with Buffalo

Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/13/2018 1:17 pm

TRADE DOWN SCENARIO (TOP 4 ROUNDS): TRADE WITH BILLS

GIANTS GIVE PICK #2
GIANTS GET PICKS #12,22,53,56 (1st round 2019)

Draft needs: OL, QB, Pass Rush/EDGE, FS, LB, RB, CB

*Options listed are as seen as best potential pieces for Giants in terms of needs/scheme fit.

ROUND 1 Pick 12
Options: LB Tremaine Edmunds, Marcus Davenport, Roquan Smith, Jaire Alexander (highest potential shutdown CB in this draft), Derwin James (combo FS/Slot CB with size), McGlinchey, Vita Vea (freak 340lb athlete with something between Ngata and Suh upside), Harold Landry (16.5 sacks junior year)
Choice: LB Tremaine Edmunds -one of biggest freaks of this draft , moldable clay, supreme upside. One of youngest draft prospects. Bettcher is a master tinkerer and took Chandler Jones and turned him into a sack machine. Bettcher will find a way to best utilize this kids immense talent. Could see Roquan Smith tabbed as the pick here as well as the next 'Luke Kuechly' of the NFL or even Landry as he may be the highest upside sack guy in this draft as an EDGE 3-4

ROUND 1 Pick 22
Options: G ISAIAH WYNN, Conor Williams, Jaire Alexander, Courtland Sutton, Leighton Van Der Esch,Rashaan Evans,Harold Landry(16.5 sacks JR year), Darius Guice
Choice: G Isaiah Wynn- one of most versatile lineman with good blend of power and feet and decent length arms to make up for lack of height

Round 2 pick 2
Options: Will Hernandez OG, James Daniels,Billy Price, Ronnie Harrison, Ronald Jones, Sony Michel, Isaiah Oliver, Kyle Lauletta
Choice: QB Kyle Lauletta- rumors of Washington going Lauletta at pick 44. Alot of traction since Senior Bowl and may be one of top Qbs of the second tier after the top 4 (Mayfield,Rosen,Darnold,Allen). Giants have scouted him extensively and apparently like him alot.

Round 2 pick 21
Options:Billy Price,Lorenzo Carter,Kyle Lauletta, Frank Ragnow,Justin Reid,Isaiah Oliver
Choice:CB Isaiah Oliver- one of my favorite CBs in this entire draft. Tremendous smarts,coverage ability, and very long arms. NFL Comp: Nnamdi Asomugha with the Raiders.

ROUND 2 Pick 24
Options:Kyle Lauletta,Quentin Meeks,Shaquem Griffen,Lorenzo Carter, Jessie Bates III
Choice: FS Jessie Bates III. Giants ecstatic Bates falls this far. FS with true CF skills. Allows LC to play up and attacking line of scrimmage.

ROUND 3 Pick 2
Options: Quentin Meeks,Shaquem Griffen, Leonard Davis, Kellen Ballage, Rashaad Penny,Kemeco Turay, Josh Sweat
Choice: EDGE Kemeco Turay. Pass rusher with tremendous upside. Could see Josh Sweat here as well.

ROUND 3 Pick 5
Options: Shaquem Griffen, Leonard Davis, Kellen Ballage, Rashaad Penny, Mark Walton, Nyheim Hines, Frank Ragnow
Choice: OC/OC Frank Ragnow. Tough as nails O-Linemen . Could be a plug and play starter. Tremendous value in round 3.

ROUND 4 Pick 7
Options: Mason Cole, Mark Walton, Nyheim Hines, Royce Freeman, Kellen Ballage, Desmond Harrison.
Choice: RB Mark Walton. All purpose back that Shurmur prefers for offense. RB deepest position in this draft , Giants get a pretty good one round 4. Could see Royce or Nyheim here too.



Draft results:

-2 OL drafted (1 plug and play and 2nd possible rookie starter), 1 QB (highest upside of 2nd tier), 1 LB (arguably top LB in draft w/ pass rush upside), 2nd EDGE rusher with high upside, Good looking multi purpose RB , 1 CB (very high upside player with lockdown potential), 1 FS (underrated player)


Draft Grade:

A. Just about ALL top team needs addressed. Many with high upside and lower LTI (length of time to impact).


I realize that with any mock we will have some varied opinions across the board. Tremaine is a guy who has potential like few who have come to the league have. The difference of opinion will be is his lack of instinct for the position a function of youth, coaching, and experience or an inherent trait that he likely will not improve upon. Also a big factor is I beleive he his the traits to become a pass rushing monster off the edge. I also considered Davenport for this spot but don't see quite the upside and versatility I see with Tremaine who I think under Bettcher would be used to his maximum versatility and potential.
I agree with you that is likely the haul we would get  
Knee of Theismann : 4/13/2018 1:25 pm : link
Anything less isn't enough considering the talent at the top of this draft and all of the premium QBs, anything more and I don't think they'd do the deal. Some people are thinking we could get all of that plus their 2018 and 2019 3rd rounders, I just don't know they'd be willing to go that far.
Chandler Jones  
pjcas18 : 4/13/2018 1:29 pm : link
averaged 12 sacks per season his last three years in New England.

He averaged 14 his first two in Arizona.

Not sure he was transformed into some sack machine, especially when you consider his snap counts went up 20% in Arizona.
Good creative post  
TMS : 4/13/2018 1:32 pm : link
thanks for the effort. Send it to DG but he probably has a few of these already. Certainly could turn a team around fast but those top 6 position players other than QB will be tempting also. Barkley, Chubb, Nelson have All Pro potential for quite a few years. Like the #1 pick next year especially.
Outside of drafting a QB I like the mock  
adamg : 4/13/2018 1:32 pm : link
.
RE: Chandler Jones  
Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/13/2018 1:32 pm : link
In comment 13913102 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
averaged 12 sacks per season his last three years in New England.

He averaged 14 his first two in Arizona.

Not sure he was transformed into some sack machine, especially when you consider his snap counts went up 20% in Arizona.


That kind of sack production is elite in today's quicker passing game especially in lieu of his 17.0 sack effort this season.
swap the lb for  
Dave : 4/13/2018 1:33 pm : link
mclinchy or vea and i'd like it

(I am not a fan of T Edwards)
RE: RE: Chandler Jones  
pjcas18 : 4/13/2018 1:34 pm : link
In comment 13913116 Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx said:
Quote:
In comment 13913102 pjcas18 said:


Quote:


averaged 12 sacks per season his last three years in New England.

He averaged 14 his first two in Arizona.

Not sure he was transformed into some sack machine, especially when you consider his snap counts went up 20% in Arizona.



That kind of sack production is elite in today's quicker passing game especially in lieu of his 17.0 sack effort this season.


He was probably used better in AZ, I'm just saying he was always a great pass rusher.
I would rather have Barkley or Chubb  
Chip : 4/13/2018 1:34 pm : link
then do that trade. If they want to throw in a player or picks next season but trading a great players for average players is a mistake. Trading to 5 then to 12 makes more sense or just trading to 5.
RE: Good creative post  
Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/13/2018 1:34 pm : link
In comment 13913111 TMS said:
Quote:
thanks for the effort. Send it to DG but he probably has a few of these already. Certainly could turn a team around fast but those top 6 position players other than QB will be tempting also. Barkley, Chubb, Nelson have All Pro potential for quite a few years. Like the #1 pick next year especially.


Thanks TMS! I have a couple more I'll share in a bit.

It gives us a good idea of how to maximize the value of our 'real estate' so to speak either by holding on to it or selling it and turning it into something much more diversified.
...  
Knee of Theismann : 4/13/2018 1:35 pm : link
It makes no sense to me to use #34 on a "2nd tier QB" when we arguably already have one in Davis Webb. If we really want our "QB of the future" and we don't think it's Webb, stay at #2 and take the one of the 4 you like, don't get cute. Lauletta might end up being a decent pro, but seems like a waste of a pick to me.


IF that were our draft  
Dave on the UWS : 4/13/2018 1:36 pm : link
much as I think they should draft a QB, I would be on-board with it. Especially with a 2019 1st rounder to look forward to.
Great job on this post!  
the mike : 4/13/2018 1:36 pm : link
Very helpful and clearly illustrates that there is great value in this draft beyond the top ten picks... And Buffalo's 2019 first round should be a top ten pick...

Gettleman has to make this trade if the Bills put it on the table...
RE: swap the lb for  
Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/13/2018 1:40 pm : link
In comment 13913119 Dave said:
Quote:
mclinchy or vea and i'd like it

(I am not a fan of T Edwards)


Agreed. Opinions on him are very mixed. But the upside is undeniably tremendous.

From Lance Zeirline:

Sources Tell Us

"Good luck with your player comp on this one. They don't come like him. I don't think there has ever been a linebacker that has had his size and speed. You're better off comping him with a basketball player." -- NFC regional scout

From Daniel Jeremiah (who he ranks as #6 of his top 50 prospects in the entire draft):

Edmunds has a unique blend of size, length and athleticism. He primarily lines up off the line of scrimmage, but does get some work rushing off the edge. Against the run, he is quick to key, fill and finish as a tackler. He has rare lateral range and collects tackles from sideline to sideline. The former Hokie flashes the ability to shoot his hands and play off blocks, but this is one area where he can improve. Against the pass, he easily mirrors running backs and tight ends; there are even examples of him matching up and redirecting vs. slot receivers. He offers tremendous upside as an edge rusher, where he can dip/rip and bend around the edge. Overall, Edmunds has All-Pro ability. His upside is outrageous.

I think with the release of JPP we are going to want a monster screaming off the edge. I would think the other top options would be Davenport or Landry.
no thanks on Edmunds  
mittenedman : 4/13/2018 1:42 pm : link
If he booms, he booms. Not drafting an athletic upside player right now. This team is in no position to take risks.
The key  
mdthedream : 4/13/2018 1:42 pm : link
here is what would the 2019 pick be?
Unfortunately  
mittenedman : 4/13/2018 1:45 pm : link
the Bills already traded Glenn. He'd have been a huge piece of making it interesting. Even with Solder, kick Glenn over to RT or LG, that would've been a big upgrade.
RE: swap the lb for  
the mike : 4/13/2018 1:46 pm : link
In comment 13913119 Dave said:
Quote:
mclinchy or vea and i'd like it

(I am not a fan of T Edwards)


I agree that they should come away with either Vea, McGlinchy or both if they are available... but both could be taken before #12 as they seem to be moving higher in latest mocks...
Gettleman makes this trade  
johnnyb : 4/13/2018 1:48 pm : link
if Darnold is the first pick. If Darnold is available at #2, I think the Giants stay at 2 and take him. just my opinion.
Outstanding Post  
Pep22 : 4/13/2018 2:04 pm : link
while I might tweak some of this choices, they are all good/solid picks at reasonable spots

I also like the Lauletta choice and explanation. I am of the opinion that we must come out of this draft w a conviction of our (not so distant) future QB. If that is one of the often discussed top 4 guys...great. If, somehow, they've come to believe Webb is that guy or if they are very high on Lauletta, then great. The scenario that worries me is they foolishly/shortsightedly think Manning has multiple years left and kick the QB down the road in terms of positioning the franchise in a responsible way.

Agree with Knee,  
Red Dog : 4/13/2018 2:04 pm : link
a second tier QB makes zero sense this year. He very probably can't contribute in any way this season, and longer term need is still unknown. So use the pick to fill another hole somewhere else and wait and see what they have in Webb.

They can sign a journeyman or a rookie FA to provide a third arm for camp. If that guy is worth keeping around, he can be stashed on the Practice Squad. If not, no harm done.
Edmunds?? B_B_i_t_B, are you really Jerry Reese?? :-)  
Victor in CT : 4/13/2018 2:07 pm : link
You, athletic, and not too bright SCREAMS a Jerry Reach!

The JPP of LBs??
that should say "young", not "you"  
Victor in CT : 4/13/2018 2:08 pm : link
Sorry.
I could be wrong  
old man : 4/13/2018 2:09 pm : link
But did that Regional Scout never hear of Lawrence Taylor for a comparable?
RE: I could be wrong  
Victor in CT : 4/13/2018 2:10 pm : link
In comment 13913210 old man said:
Quote:
But did that Regional Scout never hear of Lawrence Taylor for a comparable?


If there is anyone who can be called incomparable, it's LT.
Being a big CAA football fan  
Chip : 4/13/2018 2:14 pm : link
i wouldn't draft Lauletta. He was a good player but not a great one in the CAA and certainly should not be drafted before the 4th round.
Assuming Giants make this trade  
GMEN46 : 4/13/2018 2:17 pm : link
What would it cost to go from 12 to 6 if colts are willing to trade back. Would the 12 packaged with a 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder be enough? The bills Deal if it included the 2019 1st rounders would be hard to pass up is there anyway that is not a top 10 pick next year especially if they take Allen? The bills will be lucky to win 5 games with a rookie qb starting.
RE: Unfortunately  
Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/13/2018 2:21 pm : link
In comment 13913157 mittenedman said:
Quote:
the Bills already traded Glenn. He'd have been a huge piece of making it interesting. Even with Solder, kick Glenn over to RT or LG, that would've been a big upgrade.


Glenn might be damaged goods. I think with the trade of JPP and the dearth of pass rushers Giants might jump on a highly rated one at 12. I could see Landry(16.5 sacks 1 year ago) or Davenport here too. Would you prefer either of those guys?
I  
AcidTest : 4/13/2018 2:23 pm : link
would take Vea instead of Edmunds. Harrison, Tomlinson, and Vea basically create an impenetrable DL that will be excellent against the run. They will keep the LBs "clean."

Connor Williams over Wynn.

No interest in Lauletta. He's being massively overrated, just like Peterman was last year. He doesn't have the arm strength to succeed in the NFL. Webb is better. Second tier QBs are available every year. Draft Darnold or develop Webb.




RE: Gettleman makes this trade  
AcidTest : 4/13/2018 2:23 pm : link
In comment 13913166 johnnyb said:
Quote:
if Darnold is the first pick. If Darnold is available at #2, I think the Giants stay at 2 and take him. just my opinion.


Agreed.
RE: Gettleman makes this trade  
Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/13/2018 2:25 pm : link
In comment 13913166 johnnyb said:
Quote:
if Darnold is the first pick. If Darnold is available at #2, I think the Giants stay at 2 and take him. just my opinion.


johnny boy I totally agree with you. I think the Giants board currently looks like this:

1. Darnold (highest grade)
2. Saquon (close grade b/c they see him as a potential generational talent/weapon.)
3. Chubb (they want a pass rusher- though I dont like his 7.37 cone time at all which verifies he lack of quick twitch)

Unfortunately I don't think Rosen is high enough on their list to take at 2. They are ultra-conservative and they may see him as too 'boisterous' of a persona. He may be my favorite player in the entire draft though next to Saquon.
Buffalo did recently bring in Darnold  
Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/13/2018 2:27 pm : link
so Giants price could be higher if he's available and Allen goes #1. But there may still be a 'price' they are willing to accept for the trade-down even with Darnold still there. The question is would Buffalo pay it?
RE: I  
Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/13/2018 2:30 pm : link
In comment 13913234 AcidTest said:
Quote:
would take Vea instead of Edmunds. Harrison, Tomlinson, and Vea basically create an impenetrable DL that will be excellent against the run. They will keep the LBs "clean."

Connor Williams over Wynn.

No interest in Lauletta. He's being massively overrated, just like Peterman was last year. He doesn't have the arm strength to succeed in the NFL. Webb is better. Second tier QBs are available every year. Draft Darnold or develop Webb.





With the loss of JPP, if I go DL with first pick he needs to be a bonafide double digit sack guy. I dont think Vea will quite reach that level. Davenport or Landry might.
I would sign up for this for sure  
Blue21 : 4/13/2018 2:39 pm : link
.
I like the way you set it up  
Reale01 : 4/13/2018 2:39 pm : link
Think we should go for Smith, Vea, James, or one of the OTs at 12.
Pick at 23 makes sense.
Would NOT take a QB this year unless at #2.
Use that pick on either an OL or DL depending on what you do at 12.
Use a number 2 for a RB as you did
Get a CB/S with the last #2 and one of the 3s.


RE: I like the way you set it up  
Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/13/2018 2:43 pm : link
In comment 13913262 Reale01 said:
Quote:
Think we should go for Smith, Vea, James, or one of the OTs at 12.
Pick at 23 makes sense.
Would NOT take a QB this year unless at #2.
Use that pick on either an OL or DL depending on what you do at 12.
Use a number 2 for a RB as you did
Get a CB/S with the last #2 and one of the 3s.



Yea we can do alot of damage with all those picks if we are a bit strategic about it. BTW, CB Isaiah Oliver may be my favorite value pick in the entire draft.

I'm a believer in this guys take on him (linked below).

Best CB in draft? - ( New Window )
RE: Outstanding Post  
Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/13/2018 2:52 pm : link
In comment 13913200 Pep22 said:
Quote:
while I might tweak some of this choices, they are all good/solid picks at reasonable spots

I also like the Lauletta choice and explanation. I am of the opinion that we must come out of this draft w a conviction of our (not so distant) future QB. If that is one of the often discussed top 4 guys...great. If, somehow, they've come to believe Webb is that guy or if they are very high on Lauletta, then great. The scenario that worries me is they foolishly/shortsightedly think Manning has multiple years left and kick the QB down the road in terms of positioning the franchise in a responsible way.


Thanks pep. We dont get the first tier Qb but we got a 'darkhorse' who may not be far off from those guys plus a landfall of extra picks to plug our remaining roster weaknesses.

Trading from 2 out of top 5 is absurd  
giantsFC : 4/13/2018 3:39 pm : link
but this is a great post!! It actually makes me at least feel not as angry if they landed all these picks and made use of them.

Rather have Guiece  
Bluesbreaker : 4/13/2018 3:57 pm : link
Outside of drafting a QB I like the mock
adamg : 1:32 pm : link : reply

at #1 pick 12 Roquan Smith not a fan of Edmunds
Not taking a QB Take an Edge rusher maybe Carter
the rest look decent . I would not be shocked with a trade down but if its with the Bills need to hit HR's with the first two rounds .
.
RE: Trading from 2 out of top 5 is absurd  
Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/13/2018 3:59 pm : link
In comment 13913322 giantsFC said:
Quote:
but this is a great post!! It actually makes me at least feel not as angry if they landed all these picks and made use of them.


Hey giantsfc, I just posted what a few variations could look like including 2 within the top 5 in another thread. Check it out!
Trading with Buffalo  
Archer : 4/13/2018 5:22 pm : link
There are tiers in the first round
The first tier is at 8-9 players and the second tier is at 20
Picks 20 - 40 are interchangeable and as such are devalued

I donít like the trade with Buffalo as the Giants are not likely to get one if the true impact players
The Giants are trading out of the first tier and assuming that they are not drafting a quarterback they will miss out on Chubb, Barkley, Nelson, and Fitzpatrick.

The Giants have a chance to get a cornerstone player
The players that the Giants can get with a trade with Buffalo are nice additions but they are not blue chip prospects

In retrospect rarely do the teams that trade down have the better draft
Usually teams  
Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/13/2018 9:31 pm : link
Have 1 or 2 guys graded higher than other teams do on each tier.

Giants may love a Davenport,Edmunds, James, Landry , Vea , or McGlinchey and have a fringe blue chip grade on them.

If they have a 'fringe' or borderline blue chip grade, the loss of dropping dpwn wont necessarily be monumental if we believe Webb is the heir apparent and/or dont like the QBs that are left not picked by the Browns
If you trade back with Buffalo...  
oreojenkins : 4/13/2018 10:36 pm : link
You don't half ass it by wasting a 2nd round pick on a QB. Either take your guy at #2 or build around Eli/Webb combo.
RE: Gettleman makes this trade  
ThatLimerickGuy : 4/13/2018 11:45 pm : link
In comment 13913166 johnnyb said:
Quote:
if Darnold is the first pick. If Darnold is available at #2, I think the Giants stay at 2 and take him. just my opinion.


Bingo
I dont think.  
Nysportsfn13 : 4/14/2018 12:10 am : link
Edmunds is going to be there at 12.. Lots of mocks have him going top 10, and he's that kind of talent. I guess it comes down to how many QBs go in the top 10.
I don't want any part of this  
Optimus-NY : 4/14/2018 12:26 am : link
I want one of the QBs at 2. Give me either Darnold or Rosen and I'm happy. Even if things don't work out, its worth the risk.
RE: If you trade back with Buffalo...  
Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/14/2018 3:13 am : link
In comment 13913710 oreojenkins said:
Quote:
You don't half ass it by wasting a 2nd round pick on a QB. Either take your guy at #2 or build around Eli/Webb combo.


It's not a half ass depending on your teams grades. Giants are extremely selective (perhaps too much so) about QB character. Lauletta has glowing reviews character wise. Further 1 pick just became 5 picks. You are using your 3rd selection (order wise) and only 1 of your 9 picks now yet on a QB you have very highly rated. Lastly QB is the most important position on the field.
RE: I don't want any part of this  
Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/14/2018 3:16 am : link
In comment 13913754 Optimus-NY said:
Quote:
I want one of the QBs at 2. Give me either Darnold or Rosen and I'm happy. Even if things don't work out, its worth the risk.


Right or wrong dont think anyone but Darnold carries the full package of their convictions on a QB. Sadly I think Rosen is the best of the bunch but dont see him as what they look for character wise.
torn about the move back  
msh : 4/14/2018 5:03 am : link
but as has been said to 12 is too far a drop they really want to be able to grab one of the blue chip players in the draft which are darnold,barkley,chubb,nelson,fitzpatrick at 2 they are sure to get one of them you drop to 12 you can be sure none of them is there

2 is a little high to pick nelson in an OL rich draft as well so a move back to 5-8 would be the range he comes into play
probably so would roquan smith and one of the edge rushers as they badly need an upgrade there

i want barkley most he will give them the running attack to go toe to toe with philly and dallas which they will need to be able to do if they wish to challenge for the division

but i can totally see DG drafting chubb he is also the kind of guy he had a history of drafting both in his last stint here and in carolina they could easily draft a very good RB in the 2nd or 3rd round after drafting chubb so i can see the sense of that i just dont think any of them are the complete package barkley is

those pics of him in the giants hoodie also shows he would want to be a giant
Trading out of the top 5?????  
Rafflee : 4/14/2018 8:21 am : link
I can see them moving from 2, but I believe they will stay in the top 5. It's nice to stockpile "Value", and you can find a Great Player at 22 etc.....but you can't draft a Projected All Pro outside the top of the draft---they want to "Guarantee Greatness" with this pick...or pick a QB in the hopes of Greatness. Pick 22 doesn't do that.
RE: Roughly What We Could Expect if We Trade with Buffalo  
Gatorade Dunk : 4/14/2018 11:22 am : link
Disappointment, IMO.

But I'm glad you graded yourself with an A.
Msh and raf  
Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/14/2018 12:27 pm : link
Agreed they may prefer the slight tradedown vs missing out on the top few blue-chip prospects . It all depends on which type of draft they see as greatest value.

I listed the range of variations we could see in the link below
5 potential NYG draft scenarios - ( New Window )
RE: Edmunds?? B_B_i_t_B, are you really Jerry Reese?? :-)  
TMS : 4/14/2018 11:00 pm : link
In comment 13913207 Victor in CT said:
Quote:
You, athletic, and not too bright SCREAMS a Jerry Reach!

The JPP of LBs??
Agree definitely a Jerry Reach pick . Great athlete but not a motivated FB player. Wants a payday but will not be able to learn how to use his skills and may do stupid stuff like Plaxico and JPP. Pass.
RE: RE: Edmunds?? B_B_i_t_B, are you really Jerry Reese?? :-)  
Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/15/2018 10:22 am : link
In comment 13914493 TMS said:
Quote:
In comment 13913207 Victor in CT said:


Quote:


You, athletic, and not too bright SCREAMS a Jerry Reach!

The JPP of LBs??

Agree definitely a Jerry Reach pick . Great athlete but not a motivated FB player. Wants a payday but will not be able to learn how to use his skills and may do stupid stuff like Plaxico and JPP. Pass.


Edmunds is not a reach pick at any stretch at 12. In fact we'd be fortunate if he dropped that far. Check out the reports on him above in this thread if you havent already.
In a trade down I think  
idiotsavant : 4/15/2018 10:33 am : link
Your going heavy after a variety of first tier offensive and defensive linemen, linebackers, running backs.

There may be a smaller handful of safeties and tight ends worth drafting as well.

Then start thinking about 2019 and street fillers.
RE: RE: RE: Edmunds?? B_B_i_t_B, are you really Jerry Reese?? :-)  
Gatorade Dunk : 4/15/2018 10:57 am : link
In comment 13914670 Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx said:
Quote:
In comment 13914493 TMS said:


Quote:


In comment 13913207 Victor in CT said:


Quote:


You, athletic, and not too bright SCREAMS a Jerry Reach!

The JPP of LBs??

Agree definitely a Jerry Reach pick . Great athlete but not a motivated FB player. Wants a payday but will not be able to learn how to use his skills and may do stupid stuff like Plaxico and JPP. Pass.



Edmunds is not a reach pick at any stretch at 12. In fact we'd be fortunate if he dropped that far. Check out the reports on him above in this thread if you havent already.

Do the reports include his lack of instincts?
Give me Sony Michel instead of the QB at the top of Rd 2  
PatersonPlank : 4/15/2018 1:31 pm : link
and I like it a lot. I would also consider the T Williams at #22. However overall I think this would help our team immensely.
RE: Give me Sony Michel instead of the QB at the top of Rd 2  
Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/15/2018 1:43 pm : link
In comment 13914858 PatersonPlank said:
Quote:
and I like it a lot. I would also consider the T Williams at #22. However overall I think this would help our team immensely.


Like Sony and Ronald Jones quite a bit but I really agree with the Giants on Kyle. I think he could become a very good NFL QB.
Think DG takes Barkley ( not a QB)  
TMS : 4/15/2018 2:37 pm : link
if he is there, because he sees him as a game changer. If he is gone, then the Buffalo or any trade will come into play. Sure the homework has been done by him and Abrams for all these scenarios. Waiting two years for a new QB (no matter who it is) is not in play since ELI will get another shot or two. If Cleveland takes Barkley on draft night all hell will break lose. good stuff.
RE: Think DG takes Barkley ( not a QB)  
Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/15/2018 4:15 pm : link
In comment 13914929 TMS said:
Quote:
if he is there, because he sees him as a game changer. If he is gone, then the Buffalo or any trade will come into play. Sure the homework has been done by him and Abrams for all these scenarios. Waiting two years for a new QB (no matter who it is) is not in play since ELI will get another shot or two. If Cleveland takes Barkley on draft night all hell will break lose. good stuff.


2 QBs likely go 2 and 3 if they pull that stunt. Dont see them taking the 3rd QB on the board.
RE: RE: Think DG takes Barkley ( not a QB)  
TMS : 4/16/2018 12:12 pm : link
In comment 13915029 Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx said:
Quote:
In comment 13914929 TMS said:


Quote:


if he is there, because he sees him as a game changer. If he is gone, then the Buffalo or any trade will come into play. Sure the homework has been done by him and Abrams for all these scenarios. Waiting two years for a new QB (no matter who it is) is not in play since ELI will get another shot or two. If Cleveland takes Barkley on draft night all hell will break lose. good stuff.



2 QBs likely go 2 and 3 if they pull that stunt. Dont see them taking the 3rd QB on the board.
The moves I see so far indicate DG wants to build up the Ol to give Eli a chance to bring this offense back. Adding Barkley, or using multiple picks that include a RB, maybe Nelson, plus multiple extra picks could do that. Either way we are in good shape after this draft.
Back to the Corner