Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

NFT: NHL Draft and Offseason Discussion

pjcas18 : 6/12/2018 8:47 am
Ok, now that the playoffs are over and Ovi is in day 5 of a summer long bender figured maybe worth starting draft thread and one for off-season rumors.

I'll start with Brian Wilde's final top 15. I think all of these guy are legit blue-chip prospects.

I disagree with the order, but IMO they're all legit.

Brian Wilde's top 15 prospects.

Quote:

Brian Wilde
& #8207; @BWildeRecrutes
35m35 minutes ago

My final top 15 Picks

1. Dahlin
2. Svechnikov
3. Zadina
4. Kotkaniemi
5. Tkachuk
6. Hughes
7. Wahlstrom
8. Bouchard
9. Dobson
10. Boqvist
11. Hayton
12. Kupari
13. Miller
14. Smith
15. Berggren


They love Kotkaniemi in MTL and he writes for recrutes, so he is higher here (justifiably) than some places.

If the Rangers drafted Dobson there I'd say you have a top pair RD to pair with Skjei.

Not Dahlin or Hughes as a skater, but he's got a cannon shot, good size, is a rock defensively and has offensive skill - reminds of a little of Roman Josi.

but this is a ranking not a mock draft. It won't fall this way.

Also found this gem, Kovalchuk is apparently asking for or is expected to get $8M per season? Good luck, whoever signs him at that $$ deserves it if he's awful.

Quote:

Grant McCagg
& #8207; @grantmccagg
1h1 hour ago

Ilya Kovalchuk...a 35-year-old who has played 32 career NHL playoff games....is going to get what.....$8M per? No thanks.

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 <<Prev | Show All |
Canada, USA and Sweden have all looked fantastic  
Andy in Halifax : 8/8/2018 9:08 am : link
I love the current state of hockey, so much skill in the game and another wave of skill coming. Lafreniere looks filthy. Holtz for Sweden looks amazing as well.
RE: Canada, USA and Sweden have all looked fantastic  
pjcas18 : 8/8/2018 9:30 am : link
In comment 14032274 Andy in Halifax said:
Quote:
I love the current state of hockey, so much skill in the game and another wave of skill coming. Lafreniere looks filthy. Holtz for Sweden looks amazing as well.


Agree completely Andy. Russia too, their goalie against the Czech's was phenomenal (from the highlights I saw). 35 save shut out? Czech's were 0 for 7 on the PP and looked like they had some good chances. US also shut out the Czech's but US outshot the Czech's 40 - 23.
Great commentary by Alexei Kovalev  
pjcas18 : 8/8/2018 2:21 pm : link
and this is something I've been saying for years.

many coaching systems stifle creativity and with it the game loses some attraction


Andrew Zadarnowski
‏ @AZadarski

Alex Kovalev is not a fan of the current NHL game. (source: https://rsport.ria.ru/hockey/20180807/1140178255.html …)

Coyotes extend  
pjcas18 : 8/9/2018 5:38 pm : link
Christian Dvorak 6 years, $27M or so.

Not sure I get that. I think he's got some upside, but is a pretty good to middle of the road player (until proven otherwise) I'd wouldn't extend until I needed to.

Maybe they know something about a big breakout coming.
Red Wings  
pjcas18 : 8/10/2018 3:19 pm : link
re-sign Dylan Larkin, 5 years ~$30.5M

I like Larkin, hoped he'd shake free, but he loves playing in his hometown.

USA Canada  
pjcas18 : 8/10/2018 4:31 pm : link
tonight in the Hlinka.
RE: Red Wings  
JayBinQueens : 8/10/2018 6:54 pm : link
In comment 14035590 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
re-sign Dylan Larkin, 5 years ~$30.5M

I like Larkin, hoped he'd shake free, but he loves playing in his hometown.

Interesting. If he keeps improving it'll be a good deal for the last couple of years
USA got a raw deal last night  
Andy in Halifax : 8/11/2018 10:12 am : link
Held a 5-4 lead late, Canada scoreed to tie as time expired. No video replay but cameras showed time had just expired when puck crossed the line. USA should be in the finals but Canada advances as they scored in OT to win.

HOWEVER, the real takeaway from that game imo is how freakin loaded both programs are at the moment. US hockey pushes Hockey Canada and vice versa. Sweden and Russia also have amazing programs right now too.
Tkachuk signs ELC  
pjcas18 : 8/14/2018 3:08 pm : link
with OTT.

A little surprising to me. But I guess he viewed it as they have a lot of roster spots open and he'll get a chance to play a regular shift at 19, instead of going to BU.

He was a polarizing prospect, so I'm looking forward to seeing him play this year. I expect good things, more than some people on here.
Sounds like Bronx  
pjcas18 : 8/14/2018 4:23 pm : link
mega-center ice complex with investment from Messier is moving another step forward.


Link - ( New Window )
RE: Sounds like Bronx  
BrettNYG10 : 8/16/2018 10:53 am : link
In comment 14039121 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
mega-center ice complex with investment from Messier is moving another step forward.
Link - ( New Window )


I wish they would just add another rink in Manhattan.
RE: RE: Sounds like Bronx  
pjcas18 : 8/16/2018 11:09 am : link
In comment 14040516 BrettNYG10 said:
Quote:
In comment 14039121 pjcas18 said:


Quote:


mega-center ice complex with investment from Messier is moving another step forward.
Link - ( New Window )



I wish they would just add another rink in Manhattan.


Would certainly make it easier for Arc to switch teams if the Rangers shit the bed for a long time.
Hahaha.  
BrettNYG10 : 8/16/2018 11:10 am : link
.
Craig Custance mused late last week that he thinks  
Mike in Long Beach : 8/16/2018 11:28 am : link
the Islanders are a good for for Panarin.

Quote:

“My prediction on this, I think the Islanders. They’re not at a point where the want to rebuild. In Panarin, there’s a chance to get that preimere player. Obviously they have the finances to sign him, they can just give him [John] Tavares money…and I think the Islanders can put together a really good package if they wanted to.”


For context on what he'd potentially bring/replace, Tavares averaged 73 points per year for the Islanders when you give him the benefit of excluding the lockout year and the year he was injured in the Olympics. Panarin has averaged 78 points per season over his career, and last year lost Patrick Kane as his centerman and became the first player to have his numbers go up when moving to a Torts-coached team.

Would be a hell of a pick up.
I'm sure Panarin is just dying to go to the Islanders  
Greg from LI : 8/16/2018 11:35 am : link
.
Apparently  
pjcas18 : 8/16/2018 11:51 am : link
if you believe this (not sure I do) Panarin's wife or girlfriend (not sure which he has) wants to pursue a modeling career or has a modeling career and he'd like to move to a city that makes it convenient for that to happen.

I've read NY and LA are at the top of his list.

No idea if true.

His agent denies it, but agents have about as much credibility on topics like this as the stories.
RE: Craig Custance mused late last week that he thinks  
Diversify yo bonds : 8/16/2018 11:57 am : link
In comment 14040550 Mike in Long Beach said:
Quote:
the Islanders are a good for for Panarin.



Quote:



“My prediction on this, I think the Islanders. They’re not at a point where the want to rebuild. In Panarin, there’s a chance to get that preimere player. Obviously they have the finances to sign him, they can just give him [John] Tavares money…and I think the Islanders can put together a really good package if they wanted to.”



For context on what he'd potentially bring/replace, Tavares averaged 73 points per year for the Islanders when you give him the benefit of excluding the lockout year and the year he was injured in the Olympics. Panarin has averaged 78 points per season over his career, and last year lost Patrick Kane as his centerman and became the first player to have his numbers go up when moving to a Torts-coached team.

Would be a hell of a pick up.


Kane is a rw, not a center.

Love Panarin, but they aren't replacing Tavares' production. Despite butt hurt fans' revisionism, he is an elite center who impacted all 3 zones and made his linemates demonstrably better. There's a half dozen players in the nhl earning contracts they cannot live up to because of him. His zone entries/exits are elite, he is 95th percentile in generating shots off his passes, etc etc. Tulloch has a great article on it.
https://theathletic.com/420713/2018/07/05/even-by-superstar-standards-john-tavares-may-be-underrated-heres-why/

Panarin is one of a handful of guys who can drive a line from the wing, but he isn't as valuable as a top center.

Any deal would be Lee or Eberle, Pulock, and one of Wahlstrom or Bellows, plus a pick. That's really steep.
RE: Apparently  
Jay in Toronto : 8/16/2018 12:27 pm : link
In comment 14040581 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
if you believe this (not sure I do) Panarin's wife or girlfriend (not sure which he has) wants to pursue a modeling career or has a modeling career and he'd like to move to a city that makes it convenient for that to happen.

I've read NY and LA are at the top of his list.

No idea if true.

His agent denies it, but agents have about as much credibility on topics like this as the stories.


Oy PJCAS, you just outed his model GF to his wife!!!!!!
RE: RE: Apparently  
pjcas18 : 8/16/2018 12:31 pm : link
In comment 14040614 Jay in Toronto said:
Quote:
In comment 14040581 pjcas18 said:


Quote:


if you believe this (not sure I do) Panarin's wife or girlfriend (not sure which he has) wants to pursue a modeling career or has a modeling career and he'd like to move to a city that makes it convenient for that to happen.

I've read NY and LA are at the top of his list.

No idea if true.

His agent denies it, but agents have about as much credibility on topics like this as the stories.



Oy PJCAS, you just outed his model GF to his wife!!!!!!


LOL, it wasn't intentional. Seriously I doubt that's in any way true, but it was published, so I shared it. I just really didn't know if he's married or not.
Jim Johannson Benefit - Stars and Stripes Showdown  
pganut : 8/16/2018 1:04 pm : link
Cool idea to help support Johannson’s family after his passing earlier this year:

Fourteen players have been added to the roster for the Stars & Stripes Showdown, a benefit hockey game featuring top American-born hockey stars that will take place Sunday, August 26, at USA Hockey Arena in Plymouth, Mich. Opening faceoff is set for 2 p.m. ET.

The group includes Patrick Kane (Chicago Blackhawks), Craig Anderson (Ottawa Senators), Johnny Gaudreau (Calgary Flames), Seth Jones (Columbus Blue Jackets), Jacob Trouba(Winnipeg Jets), Cam Atkinson (Columbus Blue Jackets), Alex DeBrincat (Chicago Blackhawks), Nick Foligno (Columbus Blue Jackets), Cam Fowler (Anaheim Ducks), Matt Hunwick (Buffalo Sabres), Anders Lee (New York Islanders), Patrick Sieloff (Ottawa Senators) and Brady Skjei (New York Rangers).

To see the full list of participating players and coaches, click here.

The game is being played in honor of the late Jim Johannson, with proceeds benefiting both the Jim Johannson Legacy Fund of The USA Hockey Foundation, and the Ellie Johannson College Fund.

In addition to the game, festivities will include a live game-worn jersey auction; an online auction featuring game-worn jerseys and autographed NHL memorabilia; in-arena raffles; and a post-game meet & greet with players and coaches.
Stars and Stripes Showdown - ( New Window )
RE: RE: Craig Custance mused late last week that he thinks  
JayBinQueens : 8/16/2018 1:38 pm : link
In comment 14040587 Diversify yo bonds said:
Quote:
In comment 14040550 Mike in Long Beach said:


Quote:


the Islanders are a good for for Panarin.



Quote:



“My prediction on this, I think the Islanders. They’re not at a point where the want to rebuild. In Panarin, there’s a chance to get that preimere player. Obviously they have the finances to sign him, they can just give him [John] Tavares money…and I think the Islanders can put together a really good package if they wanted to.”



For context on what he'd potentially bring/replace, Tavares averaged 73 points per year for the Islanders when you give him the benefit of excluding the lockout year and the year he was injured in the Olympics. Panarin has averaged 78 points per season over his career, and last year lost Patrick Kane as his centerman and became the first player to have his numbers go up when moving to a Torts-coached team.

Would be a hell of a pick up.



Kane is a rw, not a center.

Love Panarin, but they aren't replacing Tavares' production. Despite butt hurt fans' revisionism, he is an elite center who impacted all 3 zones and made his linemates demonstrably better. There's a half dozen players in the nhl earning contracts they cannot live up to because of him. His zone entries/exits are elite, he is 95th percentile in generating shots off his passes, etc etc. Tulloch has a great article on it.
https://theathletic.com/420713/2018/07/05/even-by-superstar-standards-john-tavares-may-be-underrated-heres-why/

Panarin is one of a handful of guys who can drive a line from the wing, but he isn't as valuable as a top center.

Any deal would be Lee or Eberle, Pulock, and one of Wahlstrom or Bellows, plus a pick. That's really steep.


I don't think the price would be that much, unless he was allowed to put the parameters together for a long term deal before the trade and even then I don't think it would be that high
RE: RE: Craig Custance mused late last week that he thinks  
BrettNYG10 : 8/16/2018 4:37 pm : link
In comment 14040587 Diversify yo bonds said:
Quote:
In comment 14040550 Mike in Long Beach said:


Quote:


the Islanders are a good for for Panarin.



Quote:



“My prediction on this, I think the Islanders. They’re not at a point where the want to rebuild. In Panarin, there’s a chance to get that preimere player. Obviously they have the finances to sign him, they can just give him [John] Tavares money…and I think the Islanders can put together a really good package if they wanted to.”



For context on what he'd potentially bring/replace, Tavares averaged 73 points per year for the Islanders when you give him the benefit of excluding the lockout year and the year he was injured in the Olympics. Panarin has averaged 78 points per season over his career, and last year lost Patrick Kane as his centerman and became the first player to have his numbers go up when moving to a Torts-coached team.

Would be a hell of a pick up.



Kane is a rw, not a center.

Love Panarin, but they aren't replacing Tavares' production. Despite butt hurt fans' revisionism, he is an elite center who impacted all 3 zones and made his linemates demonstrably better. There's a half dozen players in the nhl earning contracts they cannot live up to because of him. His zone entries/exits are elite, he is 95th percentile in generating shots off his passes, etc etc. Tulloch has a great article on it.
https://theathletic.com/420713/2018/07/05/even-by-superstar-standards-john-tavares-may-be-underrated-heres-why/

Panarin is one of a handful of guys who can drive a line from the wing, but he isn't as valuable as a top center.

Any deal would be Lee or Eberle, Pulock, and one of Wahlstrom or Bellows, plus a pick. That's really steep.


I think Tavares is going to put up ~100 points in TOR.
RE: RE: RE: Craig Custance mused late last week that he thinks  
JayBinQueens : 8/16/2018 4:40 pm : link
In comment 14040934 BrettNYG10 said:
Quote:
In comment 14040587 Diversify yo bonds said:


Quote:


In comment 14040550 Mike in Long Beach said:


Quote:


the Islanders are a good for for Panarin.



Quote:



“My prediction on this, I think the Islanders. They’re not at a point where the want to rebuild. In Panarin, there’s a chance to get that preimere player. Obviously they have the finances to sign him, they can just give him [John] Tavares money…and I think the Islanders can put together a really good package if they wanted to.”



For context on what he'd potentially bring/replace, Tavares averaged 73 points per year for the Islanders when you give him the benefit of excluding the lockout year and the year he was injured in the Olympics. Panarin has averaged 78 points per season over his career, and last year lost Patrick Kane as his centerman and became the first player to have his numbers go up when moving to a Torts-coached team.

Would be a hell of a pick up.



Kane is a rw, not a center.

Love Panarin, but they aren't replacing Tavares' production. Despite butt hurt fans' revisionism, he is an elite center who impacted all 3 zones and made his linemates demonstrably better. There's a half dozen players in the nhl earning contracts they cannot live up to because of him. His zone entries/exits are elite, he is 95th percentile in generating shots off his passes, etc etc. Tulloch has a great article on it.
https://theathletic.com/420713/2018/07/05/even-by-superstar-standards-john-tavares-may-be-underrated-heres-why/

Panarin is one of a handful of guys who can drive a line from the wing, but he isn't as valuable as a top center.

Any deal would be Lee or Eberle, Pulock, and one of Wahlstrom or Bellows, plus a pick. That's really steep.



I think Tavares is going to put up ~100 points in TOR.


Beer bet he doesn't get over 90?
I read they're considering  
pjcas18 : 8/16/2018 4:49 pm : link
Matthews and Tavares on the PP together (which I would do too).

Tavares will crack 100 points IMO. I'd take that bet.

and Panarin is a good player, but as mentioned, he's not a C. They were talking about him to Montreal and the craziness I heard was Pacioretty, Mete, a 1st round pick, plus.

No idea who makes this shit up, at that price I'd keep Pacioretty. Both LW's, both are slated to be FA's after the season and while Max is not the smooth skating offense force that Panarisn is, Pacioretty is much better on the PK and Max is one of a handful of current players to have 5 consecutive non-strike shortened seasons of 30+ goals.

And Max is just 3 years older, if Panarin was 21 and had his track record maybe we'll talk, but at 27, I don't think so.


RE: RE: RE: RE: Craig Custance mused late last week that he thinks  
BrettNYG10 : 8/16/2018 4:57 pm : link
In comment 14040939 JayBinQueens said:
Quote:
In comment 14040934 BrettNYG10 said:


Quote:


In comment 14040587 Diversify yo bonds said:


Quote:


In comment 14040550 Mike in Long Beach said:


Quote:


the Islanders are a good for for Panarin.



Quote:



“My prediction on this, I think the Islanders. They’re not at a point where the want to rebuild. In Panarin, there’s a chance to get that preimere player. Obviously they have the finances to sign him, they can just give him [John] Tavares money…and I think the Islanders can put together a really good package if they wanted to.”



For context on what he'd potentially bring/replace, Tavares averaged 73 points per year for the Islanders when you give him the benefit of excluding the lockout year and the year he was injured in the Olympics. Panarin has averaged 78 points per season over his career, and last year lost Patrick Kane as his centerman and became the first player to have his numbers go up when moving to a Torts-coached team.

Would be a hell of a pick up.



Kane is a rw, not a center.

Love Panarin, but they aren't replacing Tavares' production. Despite butt hurt fans' revisionism, he is an elite center who impacted all 3 zones and made his linemates demonstrably better. There's a half dozen players in the nhl earning contracts they cannot live up to because of him. His zone entries/exits are elite, he is 95th percentile in generating shots off his passes, etc etc. Tulloch has a great article on it.
https://theathletic.com/420713/2018/07/05/even-by-superstar-standards-john-tavares-may-be-underrated-heres-why/

Panarin is one of a handful of guys who can drive a line from the wing, but he isn't as valuable as a top center.

Any deal would be Lee or Eberle, Pulock, and one of Wahlstrom or Bellows, plus a pick. That's really steep.



I think Tavares is going to put up ~100 points in TOR.



Beer bet he doesn't get over 90?


Sure. Can I get a mulligan if he plays <75 games or something due to injury?

I'm a big Tavares fan. I'm not an Athletic subscriber so I didn't read the article, but I agree that he's underrated.
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Craig Custance mused late last week that he thinks  
JayBinQueens : 8/16/2018 5:27 pm : link
In comment 14040973 BrettNYG10 said:
Quote:
In comment 14040939 JayBinQueens said:




I think Tavares is going to put up ~100 points in TOR.



Beer bet he doesn't get over 90?



Sure. Can I get a mulligan if he plays <75 games or something due to injury?

I'm a big Tavares fan. I'm not an Athletic subscriber so I didn't read the article, but I agree that he's underrated.


Ya, why not. He's definitely underrated around the league. I don't know how well he'll handle the Tor media/pressure though and you can always tell when JT was holding the stick just a little too tight trying to make things happen.
Rangers signed  
pjcas18 : 8/20/2018 11:16 am : link
Tokarski. Not sure if it's to be a backup or for AHL
RE: Rangers signed  
Ross : 8/20/2018 1:21 pm : link
In comment 14043822 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
Tokarski. Not sure if it's to be a backup or for AHL


IIRC, wasn't he pretty good against us in the playoffs a few years ago?
RE: RE: Rangers signed  
pjcas18 : 8/20/2018 1:22 pm : link
In comment 14043936 Ross said:
Quote:
In comment 14043822 pjcas18 said:


Quote:


Tokarski. Not sure if it's to be a backup or for AHL



IIRC, wasn't he pretty good against us in the playoffs a few years ago?


He had one good game after Kreider collided with Price effectively ending the series.

He's a decent enough backup. Could do worse.
....  
BrettNYG10 : 8/20/2018 3:21 pm : link
*after Kreider was forced into Price by the Habs dman

(Kidding, I don't care about this discussion)

Top 20 NHL wings list... I think it's awful:



I miss real sports.
Isn’t Giroux a center?  
figgy2989 : 8/20/2018 3:26 pm : link
Johnny Hockey that low is a joke, but it is a fans poll, so I guess the Calgary contingent didn’t get their votes in on time.
RE: ....  
pganut : 8/20/2018 4:26 pm : link
In comment 14044067 BrettNYG10 said:
Quote:
Top 20 NHL wings list... I think it's awful:
Ah, the vaunted "fan vote". Underscores a lot of "fans" know nothing about the game. Tom Wilson a top 20 wing? Tom Fucking Wilson? Laughed so hard I peed my Depends.
Tom Wilson had 8 less points over the last two seasons combined.  
Mike in Long Beach : 8/20/2018 5:02 pm : link
Than Anders Lee had in 2018 alone.
To be clear about that list, though..  
Mike in Long Beach : 8/20/2018 5:04 pm : link
It's a fan vote, not an "expert panel's picks" or whatever. So any shade we're throwing right now is kind've gonna bounce right back to us, lol.
RE: Tom Wilson had 8 less points over the last two seasons combined.  
Greg from LI : 8/20/2018 5:11 pm : link
In comment 14044180 Mike in Long Beach said:
Quote:
Than Anders Lee had in 2018 alone.


Face reality - no one cares about Anders Lee
RE: RE: Tom Wilson had 8 less points over the last two seasons combined.  
pganut : 8/20/2018 5:14 pm : link
In comment 14044187 Greg from LI said:
Quote:
Face reality - no one cares about Anders Lee

I care, Greg. Dammit, I care. And I'm someone.
So much talent in the league  
pjcas18 : 8/20/2018 5:28 pm : link
today. holy shit. I hate lists though. I might take Pastrnak before any of those other wings. Boeser was ridiculous as a rookie. so much youth in today's game, it's awesome. Just have to hope your team has or gets some of that youth.
PK Subban  
pjcas18 : 8/21/2018 6:22 pm : link
and TO race, it ends as you (or at least me) would expect.

And keep in mind, Owens is 44 and has I believe had multiple knee surgeries.
Link - ( New Window )
Great little article  
pjcas18 : 8/22/2018 10:11 am : link
about a Special Hockey event in MN (special hockey is for people with down's syndrome, I believe).


Link - ( New Window )
Ouch  
pjcas18 : 8/22/2018 3:23 pm : link
Quote:

Andrew Zadarnowski
‏ @AZadarski
16h16 hours ago

According to Sport-Express, David Desharnais will "most likely" continue in the KHL with Avangard Omsk after being released from his contract by Lokomotiv Yaroslavl.
His play on the wing was described as "a pity to watch".
And STILL, YOUR NEW #1 DESTINATION  
Anakim : 8/23/2018 10:40 pm : link
From the Athletic:






Sigh. It's so hard to be this popular year in and year out. Every player's #1 destination :)
I have read it's allegedly because of his  
pjcas18 : 8/23/2018 10:53 pm : link
girlfriend's modelling career. NY and LA tops for him for that reason.

he and his agent have allegedly debunked this.
RE: I have read it's allegedly because of his  
Anakim : 8/23/2018 11:16 pm : link
In comment 14046827 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
girlfriend's modelling career. NY and LA tops for him for that reason.

he and his agent have allegedly debunked this.


Heard that too, but at the same time we see year in and year out that players want to play for the Rangers. It's the most popular organization in the NHL. Just how it is.
Of course. NY is a destination in all sports  
pjcas18 : 8/23/2018 11:31 pm : link
really rough story on Joe Murphy. #1 pick overall in the draft by DET, to the kid line in EDM with Graves and Gelinas, to stanley cup champ to homeless.


Finding Murph - ( New Window )
RE: Of course. NY is a destination in all sports  
Anakim : 8/23/2018 11:51 pm : link
In comment 14046839 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
really rough story on Joe Murphy. #1 pick overall in the draft by DET, to the kid line in EDM with Graves and Gelinas, to stanley cup champ to homeless.
Finding Murph - ( New Window )



Not just New York. The New York RANGERS. :)


If only the Knicks could be as popular as the Rangers...thanks a lot for your meddling, Dolan
Yes, the NY Rangers is the place  
pjcas18 : 8/24/2018 12:01 pm : link
superstars go to get paid and see their careers die.

Can't wait for the next Brad Richards, Chris Drury, or Scott Gomez signing.

It really worked out well for you that Kovalchuck wanted to play for the Rangers. As did Tavares.

You forgot Bobby Holik and Valeri Kamensky.  
BrettNYG10 : 8/24/2018 12:42 pm : link
.
RE: You forgot Bobby Holik and Valeri Kamensky.  
pjcas18 : 8/24/2018 1:06 pm : link
In comment 14047218 BrettNYG10 said:
Quote:
.


I am sure there are more too.

It is definitely better to be a desirable location than not, but I wouldn't overrate the allure.

in 99% of cases $$ talks.
Confirmation bias is a powerful force  
Diversify yo bonds : 8/24/2018 1:19 pm : link
Maybe you can put in a good word with his model gf while you and mommy are suit shopping.
RE: Yes, the NY Rangers is the place  
Anakim : 8/24/2018 1:36 pm : link
In comment 14047180 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
superstars go to get paid and see their careers die.

Can't wait for the next Brad Richards, Chris Drury, or Scott Gomez signing.

It really worked out well for you that Kovalchuck wanted to play for the Rangers. As did Tavares.



Tavares didn't, but Kovalchuk did. We just weren't interested.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner