Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Jenkins comments regarding interceptions.

Bubba : 6/13/2018 12:37 pm
On one hand I'm glad to hear the confidence and aggressive attitude wanting 8 ints. However I'm a little concerned he will be too focused on the int and wiff causing a big play by the receiver. Seen it too many times in my tenure watching football.
.  
arcarsenal : 6/13/2018 12:39 pm : link
All I want to see from Jenkins is the player he was in 2016. To me, he was a top 5 CB in football that year.

Last year he was banged up, and the entire DB room seemed to be in shambles.

I don't really care what his personal goals are or any of that. Just give me the player from 2 seasons ago and I'm more than happy to put him on every opposing #1 in the league.
I think he demonstrated in 2016  
JonC : 6/13/2018 12:41 pm : link
he recognizes the right way to play CB, willing to give him benefit of the doubt, he's earned it. He played injured and frustrated last season.
Nothing wrong with having  
allstarjim : 6/13/2018 12:44 pm : link
big goals.
RE: .  
Brown Recluse : 6/13/2018 12:48 pm : link
In comment 13990308 arcarsenal said:
Quote:
All I want to see from Jenkins is the player he was in 2016. To me, he was a top 5 CB in football that year.

Last year he was banged up, and the entire DB room seemed to be in shambles.

I don't really care what his personal goals are or any of that. Just give me the player from 2 seasons ago and I'm more than happy to put him on every opposing #1 in the league.


Granted, I don't pay that much attention to the other CB's in the league. But I feel like his 2016 performance was one of the most dominating performances I've seen from a CB in a while. Certainly one in a Giants uniform.
RE: RE: .  
arcarsenal : 6/13/2018 12:49 pm : link
In comment 13990325 Brown Recluse said:
Quote:
In comment 13990308 arcarsenal said:


Quote:


All I want to see from Jenkins is the player he was in 2016. To me, he was a top 5 CB in football that year.

Last year he was banged up, and the entire DB room seemed to be in shambles.

I don't really care what his personal goals are or any of that. Just give me the player from 2 seasons ago and I'm more than happy to put him on every opposing #1 in the league.



Granted, I don't pay that much attention to the other CB's in the league. But I feel like his 2016 performance was one of the most dominating performances I've seen from a CB in a while. Certainly one in a Giants uniform.


He was an elite player in 2016 - no doubt about it.
When a CB performs like he did in 2016  
JonC : 6/13/2018 12:52 pm : link
they look like they're playing with spidey sense and eyes in the back of their head.
The biggest obstacle to Jenkins getting a lot of INTa  
mfsd : 6/13/2018 1:35 pm : link
is he may not be targeted that often, at least until Apple and/or some of our other CBs prove themselves.
Agree with arc and Brown Recluse....  
Keith : 6/13/2018 1:40 pm : link
Jenkins was a top CB in 2016. I'd argue top 3, but that's not really important here. Last year was a clusterf*ck of epic proportions on so many levels. How do you explain Jenkins going from a star to a JAG? Injury? Scheme? Weak Mentally? MacAdoo effect? I'm willing to just write off 2017 and pretend it didn't happen.
defensive line played better  
bc4life : 6/13/2018 1:47 pm : link
in 2016 too.
Keith  
UConn4523 : 6/13/2018 1:49 pm : link
Iíve alluded to that too when it comes to 2017. People can slice it anyway they want but it was such an epically bad year for almost everyone that I have to chalk it up to an outlier.
RE: Agree with arc and Brown Recluse....  
Eric from BBI : Admin : 6/13/2018 9:10 pm : link
In comment 13990375 Keith said:
Quote:
Jenkins was a top CB in 2016. I'd argue top 3, but that's not really important here. Last year was a clusterf*ck of epic proportions on so many levels. How do you explain Jenkins going from a star to a JAG? Injury? Scheme? Weak Mentally? MacAdoo effect? I'm willing to just write off 2017 and pretend it didn't happen.


Janoris Jenkins' ankle injury (that led to surgery and him being placed on IR in November) bothered him most of the season. That is pretty well known.
I believe the ankle was week 1  
JonC : 6/14/2018 8:45 am : link
versus Dallas.
The only moment of joy in 2017  
Ten Ton Hammer : 6/14/2018 9:12 am : link
was seeing how hard Dallas tried to force the ball to Dez Bryant because he was having a mental breakdown about being shut down by Jenkins in 2016.
Back to the Corner