Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Landon Collins Challenging Dak

ShocktoBeck : 9/14/2018 8:09 am
Didn't see this angle discussed in his transcript below.

Landon is developing a habit to talk too much imo. He shouldn't be calling a teammate out in the media, he shouldn't be telegraphing his team's gameplan and doing it in a fashion that makes it personal for the other team's QB, and thats regardless of the amount of truth in his quotes.

Overall to be honest he isn't such a great player that he can afford to yap so much.

Gotta say this is a troubling trend and I'm not sure Landon needs to be the mouth of this team.
Link - ( New Window )
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Yes by all means,  
Jimmy Googs : 9/14/2018 8:43 am : link
the Giant players should all turn into deaf mutes until they make the playoffs again...
fans are so predictable..  
bLiTz 2k : 9/14/2018 8:43 am : link
and eat up media click bait like it’s a box of reeces pieces...

In a nutshell the dude just said stopping the run to get the ball in daks hands gives them a better chance..


AND WE ARE WRITING ARTICLES AND COMPLAINING ABOUT IT!?

holy fucking overreaction
RE: Yeah we really have dumb fans  
UConn4523 : 9/14/2018 8:52 am : link
In comment 14074571 arniefez said:
Quote:
How dare a Giant fan talk about an unapproved topic (by the all must submit their will to the Mara's head of BBI police) on the Giant fans forum?

Especially about Landon Collins talking too much. Where could anyone get that idea?

The time he called Eli Apple a cancer? Or the time the new coach asked him to stop talking about how pissed Ereck Flowers was about moving to RT?

It must get tiring policing every thread every day for a lack of Mara ball washing. But I'm sure he and his buddies will keep fighting the good fight and hey crappy Giant fans please read the BBI police code of conduct before posting. There's got to be a link to it somewhere. Pat Shurmur wants Landon Collins to stop talking about Ereck Flowers - ( New Window )


If by policing you mean clicking on a thread meant to get clicks and a rise out of people, and then calling said person out on how awful his assessment was since he completely missed the context, then sure, I’ll continue policing.

When clicking on this thread I was expecting to see Collins say “Prescott sucks, he better not try throwing downfield”. Instead he talked about their run game and that they would have more success not letting Elliot run wild and instead force the QB to make plays.

You know, the same exact thing everyone else says when discussing the Cowboys.
WFAN is calling it  
Mr. Bungle : 9/14/2018 8:54 am : link
a "war of words" between Collins and Prescott.
I just don't want the Giants selling all out to stop the run and then  
Simms11 : 9/14/2018 9:04 am : link
get caught up in play-action, because Dak can beat you when you're out of position. Stopping the run is first and foremost, but I can see Dallas using our aggressiveness in doing so to make plays.
OMG! Dak may be upset and really try to beat us now!  
mfsd : 9/14/2018 9:11 am : link
If Landon had just kept his mouth shut, Dak may have taken it easy Sunday night. But now, we’re fucked.
Well, that's it, we're cooked  
jcn56 : 9/14/2018 9:12 am : link
He gave away the defensive gameplan. There's no way they would have guessed we were going to make stopping Elliot the number one priority otherwise.
Hey we are going to try to stop the run  
cjac : 9/14/2018 9:15 am : link
I cant believe we let them know we are going to try to stop the run.
Dak is junk  
Ten Ton Hammer : 9/14/2018 9:16 am : link
https://youtu.be/qo43rQRBtYI
Do people really get worked up about this stuff?  
Mike from Ohio : 9/14/2018 9:17 am : link
Saying we are going to try and stop their best player is giving away some kind of secret? I bet even Dak's mom would admit Elliot is a much bigger threat than Dak.
Isn't it more a call-out of their receivers  
GiantNatty : 9/14/2018 9:40 am : link
than Dak? Either way, not smart if for no other reason than tipping your hand at your gameplan.
More dramatics from fans.  
Keith : 9/14/2018 9:44 am : link
It gets tiresome watching fans make something out of nothing because they need the drama. I get why the press does it, it sells because people react to it. He's basically saying that you can't win if Elliot is able to find room. That's it. He doesn't say Dak isn't good or they can't win with Dak throwing a lot, he only said that you have a better chance of winning if you can shut down Elliot.

Yes some b*tch fans want to create some drama around it.
RE: Isn't it more a call-out of their receivers  
Keith : 9/14/2018 9:48 am : link
In comment 14074650 GiantNatty said:
Quote:
than Dak? Either way, not smart if for no other reason than tipping your hand at your gameplan.


Really? Tipping their hand at the gameplan? You don't think Dallas knows that every single team is focused on limiting Elliot? Really? You think if LC didn't say anything, the Cowboys would think our focus is on Allen Hurns and Cole Beasley? GTFO.
Who Cares  
Jeffrey : 9/14/2018 9:53 am : link
who said what about whom. Two teams coming off of a disappointing year that hardly any one outside their passionate fans base is talking about. Dak is an average QB with below average WRs and a very good, but injured OL. Eli is now an average QB with above-average WRs and a horrible OL. Both Ds are decent. Game is in Dallas. Cowboys have won last 2 and 7 of last 10. There's your game summary.
I read the quote...  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 9/14/2018 9:55 am : link
Uh, I don't get the 'outrage'. That's it? I thought it was going to be a lot more damming.
RE: Dak is junk  
gmenatlarge : 9/14/2018 10:02 am : link
In comment 14074622 Ten Ton Hammer said:
Quote:
https://youtu.be/qo43rQRBtYI


While I agree on dak, the giants have a history of problems with running QB's (see Bortles 40 plus yard run). So if they go heavy RPO it could be a long day for the D.
RE: Isn't it more a call-out of their receivers  
nygiants16 : 9/14/2018 10:09 am : link
In comment 14074650 GiantNatty said:
Quote:
than Dak? Either way, not smart if for no other reason than tipping your hand at your gameplan.


if collins tipped their hand and called out zeke, then zeke called out his own qb before the season when he said he knows he will see stacked boxes to stop him...

the cowboys already knows this...

and dak saying challenge accepted is laughable, like he did not know this would be the giants gameplan
RE: RE: Dak is junk  
FStubbs : 9/14/2018 10:17 am : link
In comment 14074674 gmenatlarge said:
Quote:
In comment 14074622 Ten Ton Hammer said:


Quote:


https://youtu.be/qo43rQRBtYI



While I agree on dak, the giants have a history of problems with running QB's (see Bortles 40 plus yard run). So if they go heavy RPO it could be a long day for the D.


Prescott isn't really a running QB though. Bortles actually is - sort of.
The..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 9/14/2018 10:21 am : link
buzzword is alive and well!!

Quote:
So if they go heavy RPO it could be a long day for the D.


Do the Cowboys even run RPO, or are they going to institute it just to make Collins eat his words??
Fake news  
Coach Red Beaulieu : 9/14/2018 10:23 am : link
Is op bitch Jordy Ranaan?
RE: RE:  
ZoneXDOA : 9/14/2018 10:37 am : link
In comment 14074558 gmenatlarge said:
Quote:
In comment 14074553 M.S. said:


Quote:



...this team ain't good enough for ANYONE to be the mouth of this team.

Talk is cheap... win some f-ing ballgames.



I seem to recall a team motto to that affect a few years ago...Also OBJ was saying the NFL should look out for this offense...You scored 15 points and lost AGAIN and if this O-line doesn't improve quickly you're not gonna be on the winning side any time soon.


So getting 15 against the #1 defense in the league wasn’t encouraging at all. Smh
RE: RE: RE: Dak is junk  
gmenatlarge : 9/14/2018 10:45 am : link
In comment 14074697 FStubbs said:
Quote:
In comment 14074674 gmenatlarge said:


Quote:


In comment 14074622 Ten Ton Hammer said:


Quote:


https://youtu.be/qo43rQRBtYI



While I agree on dak, the giants have a history of problems with running QB's (see Bortles 40 plus yard run). So if they go heavy RPO it could be a long day for the D.



Prescott isn't really a running QB though. Bortles actually is - sort of.


2017 dak-357yds bortles-322 yds

I am not saying dak will turn into Cam newton but he has burned the giants many times on 3rd down!
Non issue  
ZoneXDOA : 9/14/2018 10:47 am : link
He said the want to shut down Zeke. He said they have a better shot at winning if Zeke isnt running and Dak is throwing. Not disrespectful to Dak at all. If they are running the ball effectively, they win time of possession and probably win the game based on that. If they are throwing, we get more opportunities for turnovers and more opportunities for our offense. Plus Dak isn’t good, but that’s not what he was saying.
RE: RE: RE:  
gmenatlarge : 9/14/2018 10:51 am : link
In comment 14074725 ZoneXDOA said:
Quote:
In comment 14074558 gmenatlarge said:


Quote:


In comment 14074553 M.S. said:


Quote:



...this team ain't good enough for ANYONE to be the mouth of this team.

Talk is cheap... win some f-ing ballgames.



I seem to recall a team motto to that affect a few years ago...Also OBJ was saying the NFL should look out for this offense...You scored 15 points and lost AGAIN and if this O-line doesn't improve quickly you're not gonna be on the winning side any time soon.



So getting 15 against the #1 defense in the league wasn’t encouraging at all. Smh


I don't quite get your point, is 15 good or are you being facetious? Because LA, Tenn and Oak all dropped 30 + on this team last year. While I am hopeful on some areas, the bottom line has not changed much-weak line, cany sustain drives and they lost.
Giants need to Rip at the ball more on Defense  
Elite Mobster #32 : 9/14/2018 10:58 am : link
the Defense could be pretty aggressive, I want to see more turnovers, specifically the creation of fumbles.
gmenatlarge you post the same thing in every thread  
nygiants16 : 9/14/2018 10:59 am : link
we get it you think the giants still suck and take no positive from sunday
If..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 9/14/2018 11:01 am : link
fumbles can be created, I vote for Bob Ross to do it.
He's not wrong  
Joey in VA : 9/14/2018 11:02 am : link
The book is to stop Zeke and let Dak try OR what we did two years ago and let Zeke run but harass Dak to death. The way he said it wasn't the brightest and sure it's going to sound like he's calling out Dak. No one likes to be called out for anything least of all athletes in the public eye with big Xs on their backs. Is it a huge deal? Nah, but Collins runs his yapper a little too much for my liking.
Dak Prescott Career Average Against Giants...  
M.S. : 9/14/2018 11:08 am : link
...across four games:

Attempts: 37.8 per game
Completions: 21.5 per game
Completion Percentage: 57.0%
Passing Yardage: 248 per game
TD Passes: 1.25 per game
Interceptions: .5 per game
Sacks: 1 per game

Rushes: 3 per game
Yards Running: 12.5 per game
Avg Yards Rushing: 4.17
Shouldn't be saying anything  
Since1965 : 9/14/2018 11:16 am : link
that fires up your opponent. It's a stupid thing to do.
.  
arcarsenal : 9/14/2018 12:03 pm : link
If Dak needed Collins to say something like this in order to try his hardest Sunday, he doesn't belong in the NFL anyway.

I can't believe people think that a comment like this is suddenly going to turn Dak Prescott into Superman. Collins didn't say he sucked. He said the Giants need to focus on stopping Elliott.. which is every team's gameplan against the DAL offense.
RE: The..  
arcarsenal : 9/14/2018 12:04 pm : link
In comment 14074702 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
buzzword is alive and well!!



Quote:


So if they go heavy RPO it could be a long day for the D.



Do the Cowboys even run RPO, or are they going to institute it just to make Collins eat his words??


LOL. This was good too.

Look out... they might go heavy RPO!
RE: eh, he didn't say anything outrageous  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 9/14/2018 12:07 pm : link
In comment 14074559 giants#1 said:
Quote:
His quote was more about how good Zeke is and that they need to stop him to have a chance than it was a slight against Dak.


The combination of poor reading comprehension and sports media who try to turn the most innocuous sentence into something they can run back and forth with led to this entire pile of stupidity. Dak's response was so over the top ("Challenge Accepted!") that you can tell he was just going off of what the media idiots told him and didn't see the actual video of Landon talking.
RE: Shouldn't be saying anything  
nygiants16 : 9/14/2018 12:09 pm : link
In comment 14074769 Since1965 said:
Quote:
that fires up your opponent. It's a stupid thing to do.


do people really think nfl players grt fired up more because of words in the media?

both teams are 0-1 a divisional game, sunday night, national television, if dak needs collins to fire him up dallas is in more trouble than i though
This entire thing is why people hate sports media or media in general.  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 9/14/2018 12:11 pm : link
A completely bland statement by LC somehow turned into the diss of the century. Even some idiot Giants fans are criticizing LC over nothing.
RE: He's not wrong  
Sect 146 : 9/14/2018 2:43 pm : link
In comment 14074749 Joey in VA said:
Quote:
but Collins runs his yapper a little too much for my liking.


This!
I think this is what the OP is getting at. This incident may not be the worst case but Collins has a history. Just think if/when they start to win.
I'll only be pissed if Collins  
Jim in Forest Hills : 9/14/2018 3:41 pm : link
commits some stupid personal foul trying to hit Prescott. Win the game!
Collins...  
bw in dc : 9/14/2018 3:45 pm : link
"Honestly, we really have to focus on stopping Zeke. We have to make sure everyone has got their gap assignments and we close the air out of their offensive running game. If we do that, and put the ball into Dak, then we have a better shot of winning."

Everything is spot on - true. But the last sentence is unnecessary and dumb. If you are at home, okay, I'd probably let it pass. You've got the crowd.

But you are going to Dallas and it's a huge game for both teams off bog losses. This will be "locker room material" for sure...
BFD in the last two years  
eli4life : 9/14/2018 4:50 pm : link
Zeke has faced 8 in the box more than any other back and dak couldn’t take advantage of it. Any other qb would be salivating if they had that
So we really, truly think this comment means  
Ten Ton Hammer : 9/14/2018 5:52 pm : link
That a stadium that holds 90,000 is going to be louder than normal?

Or that somehow cowboys fans were going to forget this was already a rivalry game to begin with?
RE: So we really, truly think this comment means  
bw in dc : 9/14/2018 6:40 pm : link
In comment 14075213 Ten Ton Hammer said:
Quote:
That a stadium that holds 90,000 is going to be louder than normal?



I do, yes.

But more importantly I think Dak will be very geared up to go, especially at home. His abilities have been called out. It's human nature.

RE: RE: So we really, truly think this comment means  
eli4life : 9/14/2018 8:33 pm : link
In comment 14075245 bw in dc said:
Quote:
In comment 14075213 Ten Ton Hammer said:


Quote:


That a stadium that holds 90,000 is going to be louder than normal?





I do, yes.

But more importantly I think Dak will be very geared up to go, especially at home. His abilities have been called out. It's human nature.


If dak needs that to get up for a home opener in prime time against a division rival after losing week 1 then he doesn’t deserve to be in the league
RE: RE: RE: So we really, truly think this comment means  
bw in dc : 9/14/2018 8:51 pm : link
In comment 14075317 eli4life said:
Quote:


I do, yes.

But more importantly I think Dak will be very geared up to go, especially at home. His abilities have been called out. It's human nature.



If dak needs that to get up for a home opener in prime time against a division rival after losing week 1 then he doesn’t deserve to be in the league


You’re kidding, right?

Athletes all the time look for extra motivation. A constant or different source to keep them focused.

Brady has spoken at length how he uses being a sixth round draft choice as fuel that motivates him.

Before the 2004 Super Bowl, Belichick was showing his players news reports out of Philadelphia where the celebration parade was being discussed, Bruschi says to this day that inspired them even more...

Look, it may indeed end be nothing. But why give your opponent something else that may drive them more to succeed?

When in doubt, shut the f-ck up and stick to the script...
Bullshit...  
Giant John : 9/14/2018 9:41 pm : link
Dallas is a team that sucks. Collins put it now go back it up and kick their ass. Go Giants!
RE: gmenatlarge you post the same thing in every thread  
gmenatlarge : 9/14/2018 9:45 pm : link
In comment 14074743 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
we get it you think the giants still suck and take no positive from sunday


Guess you missed where I said Barkley is the main positive but it’s always better to be snarky.
RE: RE: RE: RE: So we really, truly think this comment means  
arcarsenal : 9/15/2018 9:33 am : link
In comment 14075321 bw in dc said:
Quote:
In comment 14075317 eli4life said:


Quote:




I do, yes.

But more importantly I think Dak will be very geared up to go, especially at home. His abilities have been called out. It's human nature.



If dak needs that to get up for a home opener in prime time against a division rival after losing week 1 then he doesn’t deserve to be in the league



You’re kidding, right?

Athletes all the time look for extra motivation. A constant or different source to keep them focused.

Brady has spoken at length how he uses being a sixth round draft choice as fuel that motivates him.

Before the 2004 Super Bowl, Belichick was showing his players news reports out of Philadelphia where the celebration parade was being discussed, Bruschi says to this day that inspired them even more...

Look, it may indeed end be nothing. But why give your opponent something else that may drive them more to succeed?

When in doubt, shut the f-ck up and stick to the script...


Dak Prescott is not Tom Brady or Bill Belichick.

I don't care how hard he tries. It won't make him any more than a mediocre QB.
...  
christian : 9/15/2018 11:02 am : link
What about the times people talk shit and they win? Did they not talk enough to stir up the magical shit fairy dust that floats their oppenent to victory?
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: So we really, truly think this comment means  
bw in dc : 9/15/2018 11:11 am : link
In comment 14075463 arcarsenal said:
Quote:


Dak Prescott is not Tom Brady or Bill Belichick.

I don't care how hard he tries. It won't make him any more than a mediocre QB.


That’s really not the point. He just has to be really good tomorrow. And he’s proven that he has that ability. Why spur him on more by insulting him?

i cant believe people actually believe this will  
nygiants16 : 9/15/2018 11:15 am : link
somehow motivate dak more, do people really think his problem is he is not motivated enough?

Bulletin board material is a made up thing by the media, maybe in high school or college it works but in the nfl players do not need extra motivation
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: So we really, truly think this comment means  
arcarsenal : 9/15/2018 11:17 am : link
In comment 14075518 bw in dc said:
Quote:
In comment 14075463 arcarsenal said:


Quote:




Dak Prescott is not Tom Brady or Bill Belichick.

I don't care how hard he tries. It won't make him any more than a mediocre QB.



That’s really not the point. He just has to be really good tomorrow. And he’s proven that he has that ability. Why spur him on more by insulting him?


Do you really think he was going to give less than max effort on Sunday night if Collins hadn't said this?

I mean, come on...

Use your head.
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner