Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

NFT: FFB 9/14

kelsto811 : 9/14/2018 8:11 am
I'll make this simple. I need a team name centered around Barkley. So far I'm deciding between Say What Barkley? and The Wrath of Quon. Anyone got a good one?

But for an actual FFB question, need to start 2 of these guys. .5 PPR

Sterling Shepherd
Chris Carson
Courtland Sutton
Keelan Cole
Peytom Barber
Chris Godwin

Thinking the obvious play would be Shep and Carson. Anyone think otherwise?
I really dont like either of those.  
superspynyg : 9/14/2018 8:31 am : link
as for your question Shep and Carson are fine, but I just have a feeling about Godwin this week for some reason.
I'd go Barber for sure  
YAJ2112 : 9/14/2018 8:31 am : link
and I'd probably lean Cole over Shepard. I actually like Godwin a little more than both, but wouldn't want to play 2 Bucs.

Out of curiousity, why FFB and not just FF? Afraid people will think it's a Fantasy Field Hockey thread? I think you and superspy are the only people I've ever seen use FFB and not FF.
Which rb should I start?  
superspynyg : 9/14/2018 8:42 am : link
Kenyon Drake vs Jets or Royce Freeman vs Oak?

which 2nd wr?
Jones Jr vs SF or Funchess vs ATL?
RE: Which rb should I start?  
YAJ2112 : 9/14/2018 8:49 am : link
In comment 14074583 superspynyg said:
Quote:
Kenyon Drake vs Jets or Royce Freeman vs Oak?

which 2nd wr?
Jones Jr vs SF or Funchess vs ATL?


I'll go Freeman barely over Drake and Starvin Marvin by a wide margin over Bunches o Funchess
Carson and Godwin (if Jackson is out)  
UConn4523 : 9/14/2018 8:53 am : link
.
Well last night sucked for me  
MadPlaid : 9/14/2018 9:20 am : link
I had the Raven's D, and my opponent had A.J. Green. Off the bat, 3 receptions, 3 TDs. What?! That was crazy bad.

I guess this is what I get for having a crazy good result last weekend. A correction to the mean. yea
RE: I'd go Barber for sure  
kelsto811 : 9/14/2018 9:21 am : link
In comment 14074576 YAJ2112 said:
Quote:
and I'd probably lean Cole over Shepard. I actually like Godwin a little more than both, but wouldn't want to play 2 Bucs.

Out of curiousity, why FFB and not just FF? Afraid people will think it's a Fantasy Field Hockey thread? I think you and superspy are the only people I've ever seen use FFB and not FF.


Haha, i think i just saw the last thread posted and used the same title. No reason in particular.
RE: Which rb should I start?  
kelsto811 : 9/14/2018 9:23 am : link
In comment 14074583 superspynyg said:
Quote:
Kenyon Drake vs Jets or Royce Freeman vs Oak?

which 2nd wr?
Jones Jr vs SF or Funchess vs ATL?


I'd go Freeman here. WR is a toss up honestly.

And you guys got me overthinking this now, thanks :)
As for the name of your team  
MadPlaid : 9/14/2018 9:25 am : link
one of the guys in my league named his team the Saquad Squad.

I can't seem to think of anything good myself.

The Ambassadors of Quan  
Csonka : 9/14/2018 9:51 am : link
show me the money!
3 Runningbacks, 2 spots  
RD in CT : 9/14/2018 9:56 am : link
Jordan Howard
Chris Thompson
Tevin Coleman

Right now I'm going Howard and Thompson but if Devonta Freeman ends up missing Sunday, should I swap Coleman and Thompson?
Iím very high on Coleman  
UConn4523 : 9/14/2018 9:58 am : link
so Iíd start him over Thompson.

Fantasy name - Saquontum Leap
I had A.J. Green last night...  
TheEvilLurker : 9/14/2018 10:03 am : link
Helps me out after scoring the least amount of points last week.
I'd play Coleman especially with Freeman banged up.  
beatrixkiddo : 9/14/2018 10:07 am : link
I chose to stay away from ATL players though as I hate their OC, he frustrated the shit out of me last year, and continues to do so this year.

I have Saquon but he's a tough one to create a fantasy name around. I came up with one that I like and haven't seen used. Sip'n on Ginn and JuJu (could use Guice too if if he is on your IR), makes me chuckle.

Full PPR, would anyone consider playing Godwin if Jackson is out over Hilton this week?
Any opinion on Sammy Watkins vs Alshon Jeffery?  
schabadoo : 9/14/2018 10:16 am : link
Need to stash one in a standard league. Don't need either now, thinking down the road. KC could be a high-scoring team, and they paid Watkins a lot. Will Watkins see enough targets is a concern.
RE: I'd play Coleman especially with Freeman banged up.  
YAJ2112 : 9/14/2018 10:16 am : link
In comment 14074682 beatrixkiddo said:
Quote:
I chose to stay away from ATL players though as I hate their OC, he frustrated the shit out of me last year, and continues to do so this year.

I have Saquon but he's a tough one to create a fantasy name around. I came up with one that I like and haven't seen used. Sip'n on Ginn and JuJu (could use Guice too if if he is on your IR), makes me chuckle.

Full PPR, would anyone consider playing Godwin if Jackson is out over Hilton this week?


Godwin vs Phi over Hilton? Hilton all day.
RE: Any opinion on Sammy Watkins vs Alshon Jeffery?  
allstarjim : 9/14/2018 10:36 am : link
In comment 14074693 schabadoo said:
Quote:
Need to stash one in a standard league. Don't need either now, thinking down the road. KC could be a high-scoring team, and they paid Watkins a lot. Will Watkins see enough targets is a concern.


Jeffery
Fantasy name:  
allstarjim : 9/14/2018 10:38 am : link
God Save the Quon
OP  
allstarjim : 9/14/2018 10:42 am : link
Your two should be Godwin and Carson, IMO
RE: 3 Runningbacks, 2 spots  
allstarjim : 9/14/2018 10:43 am : link
In comment 14074665 RD in CT said:
Quote:
Jordan Howard
Chris Thompson
Tevin Coleman

Right now I'm going Howard and Thompson but if Devonta Freeman ends up missing Sunday, should I swap Coleman and Thompson?


Yes, if no Freeman, play Coleman. Otherwise Howard and Thompson.
RE: Which rb should I start?  
allstarjim : 9/14/2018 10:44 am : link
In comment 14074583 superspynyg said:
Quote:
Kenyon Drake vs Jets or Royce Freeman vs Oak?

which 2nd wr?
Jones Jr vs SF or Funchess vs ATL?


I like Freeman as well, until they stop with this ridiculous usage of More. Jones Jr also.
RE: RE: Which rb should I start?  
allstarjim : 9/14/2018 10:52 am : link
In comment 14074733 allstarjim said:
Quote:
In comment 14074583 superspynyg said:


Quote:


Kenyon Drake vs Jets or Royce Freeman vs Oak?

which 2nd wr?
Jones Jr vs SF or Funchess vs ATL?



I like Freeman as well, until they stop with this ridiculous usage of Gore. Jones Jr also.


Fixed it.
I lost D Walker have weak WR until Baldwin and Alshon Jeffrey return  
Heisenberg : 9/14/2018 11:08 am : link
was offered the following trade.

Royce Freeman and Jonnu Smith

for

D Funchess and J Doyle

Freeman will only crack my lineup on injuries and byes. This trade would help me now, but I kinda feel like I might be selling low on him. Thoughts? Good enough value for Freeman?
RE: I lost D Walker have weak WR until Baldwin and Alshon Jeffrey return  
YAJ2112 : 9/14/2018 11:21 am : link
In comment 14074757 Heisenberg said:
Quote:
was offered the following trade.

Royce Freeman and Jonnu Smith

for

D Funchess and J Doyle

Freeman will only crack my lineup on injuries and byes. This trade would help me now, but I kinda feel like I might be selling low on him. Thoughts? Good enough value for Freeman?


Hell no.
RE: I lost D Walker have weak WR until Baldwin and Alshon Jeffrey return  
allstarjim : 9/14/2018 11:48 am : link
In comment 14074757 Heisenberg said:
Quote:
was offered the following trade.

Royce Freeman and Jonnu Smith

for

D Funchess and J Doyle

Freeman will only crack my lineup on injuries and byes. This trade would help me now, but I kinda feel like I might be selling low on him. Thoughts? Good enough value for Freeman?


Hard pass.
RE: I lost D Walker have weak WR until Baldwin and Alshon Jeffrey return  
allstarjim : 9/14/2018 11:49 am : link
In comment 14074757 Heisenberg said:
Quote:
was offered the following trade.

Royce Freeman and Jonnu Smith

for

D Funchess and J Doyle

Freeman will only crack my lineup on injuries and byes. This trade would help me now, but I kinda feel like I might be selling low on him. Thoughts? Good enough value for Freeman?


BTW Jonnu Smith is going to be a good option for you, it's possible he outpoints Doyle this year. And I do like Doyle, but there shouldn't be much of a drop-off if any from Walker to Smith.
Freeman  
pjcas18 : 9/14/2018 1:52 pm : link
officially out.

Tevin Coleman elevates to a low end RB1 IMO.
RE: Freeman  
allstarjim : 9/14/2018 2:40 pm : link
In comment 14074949 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
officially out.

Tevin Coleman elevates to a low end RB1 IMO.


And in one league I can't play him. I would have considered benching Mixon if I knew Coleman was going to start. But I have Zeke in my other RB spot and Conner in the flex, so there is no way I can bench either of those guys for Coleman. Another reason I hate TNF.

I do love Coleman, especially at home, but against Carolina it's not the ideal matchup anyway. I'd still play him in the flex if it's between him and guys like Crowell, Burkhead (assuming he plays), Drake, Wilkins, Jamaal Williams, or even Marshawn Lynch. He's an ideal flex this week, with RB1 numbers upside.
Lockett or Watkins  
Kev in Cali : 9/14/2018 2:43 pm : link
I think Lockett has a little more upside with Baldwin out. What do you guys think?

Lockett @CHI Monday night
Watkins @PIT
also....  
Kev in Cali : 9/14/2018 2:52 pm : link
Drop Calvin Ridley for Geronimo Allison??? Just trying to beef up my depth, I don't need to make this move and can hang on to Ridley to wee what happens with him throughout the season.
2 QB league  
bigbluehoya : 9/14/2018 3:03 pm : link
Iíve got Mahomes, Eli, and Matt Ryan.

Obviously start Mahomes.

Eli or Ryan??
RE: also....  
allstarjim : 9/14/2018 3:04 pm : link
In comment 14075020 Kev in Cali said:
Quote:
Drop Calvin Ridley for Geronimo Allison??? Just trying to beef up my depth, I don't need to make this move and can hang on to Ridley to wee what happens with him throughout the season.


Absolutely play Lockett. I would also pick up Allison over Ridley but you might wait one additional week to see if Ridley gets more looks. I wouldn't get rid of Ridley in Dynasty or leagues with a lot of keepers.
RE: 2 QB league  
allstarjim : 9/14/2018 3:05 pm : link
In comment 14075033 bigbluehoya said:
Quote:
Iíve got Mahomes, Eli, and Matt Ryan.

Obviously start Mahomes.

Eli or Ryan??


Ryan at home, even though Eli plays well at Dallas usually. Got to go Ryan.
Ryan and Mahomes  
Kev in Cali : 9/14/2018 3:24 pm : link
Cant count on our offense to be reliable enough put up big points with the talent we have quite yet....
Thanks, guys  
bigbluehoya : 9/14/2018 3:29 pm : link
That was my initial lean, but Iím bitter about how tremendously frustrating Ryan has been (I had him last year, too). Freeman being out should hopefully tilt the run/pass mix a little more in my favor, too.

RE: RE: also....  
Kev in Cali : 9/14/2018 3:30 pm : link
In comment 14075036 allstarjim said:
Quote:
In comment 14075020 Kev in Cali said:


Quote:


Drop Calvin Ridley for Geronimo Allison??? Just trying to beef up my depth, I don't need to make this move and can hang on to Ridley to wee what happens with him throughout the season.



Absolutely play Lockett. I would also pick up Allison over Ridley but you might wait one additional week to see if Ridley gets more looks. I wouldn't get rid of Ridley in Dynasty or leagues with a lot of keepers.


Thanks Jim, standard redraft PPR league here.... I do hesitate to drop Ridley because years ago, rookies Calvin Johnson and OBJ didn't put up numbers until the later in the season. Like you said, I think I will wait one week just to see if things change with Ridley. Then go from there.
Mixon getting surgery  
UConn4523 : 9/14/2018 5:00 pm : link
?
Per Tom Pelissero on Twitter...  
JoeMoney19 : 9/14/2018 5:57 pm : link
Quote:
The #Bengals fear RB Joe Mixon will need arthroscopic surgery to clean up the knee he injured in last nightís win over the #Ravens and miss some time, sources tell @MikeGarafolo and me. Heíll get a second opinion first.


I believe these kind of cleanups typically have 2-4 week timetables. Definitely a bummer, especially since I dropped Bernard for Conner before the season started. Fingers crossed for the second opinion.
Schefter on Twitter...  
JoeMoney19 : 9/14/2018 6:11 pm : link
Quote:
Bengalsí RB Joe Mixon has a small particle in his knee that was dislodged Thursday night and is scheduled to be removed with a procedure Saturday, per source. The procedure is expected to sideline Mixon two weeks, per source.


Still stinks but could've been worse I guess.
Damn  
pjcas18 : 9/14/2018 7:08 pm : link
I lost Mixon and McKinnon.

My 1st and 2nd round picks in my keeper league (Mixon just for a couple weeks, but Fuck).

In a different league the Mixon owner lost Olsen and someone else already, he's hurting.

I have a surplus at RB.

Would this be a laughable trade for me to propose (non-PPR).

I send James Conner and Jarvis Landry for Julio Jones and Enunwa.


RE: Damn  
Mike from SI : 9/14/2018 7:18 pm : link
In comment 14075253 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
I lost Mixon and McKinnon.

My 1st and 2nd round picks in my keeper league (Mixon just for a couple weeks, but Fuck).

In a different league the Mixon owner lost Olsen and someone else already, he's hurting.

I have a surplus at RB.

Would this be a laughable trade for me to propose (non-PPR).

I send James Conner and Jarvis Landry for Julio Jones and Enunwa.



0% chance the guy says yes, imo.
What if I offered  
pjcas18 : 9/14/2018 7:25 pm : link
McCaffrey and Landry for Jones and Mixon?

Closer?

RE: What if I offered  
JoeMoney19 : 9/14/2018 7:33 pm : link
In comment 14075268 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
McCaffrey and Landry for Jones and Mixon?

Closer?

If it's PPR, that's closer but I still think I'd decline. To me McCaffrey and Mixon are pretty close in value once Mixon gets back, and the two-week (hopefully) injury to Mixon doesn't really make up for the gap between Jones and Landry. Much closer than the Conner offer though. If he's really hurting to replace Mixon he might bite.
I'd say 2 weeks is a bit aggressive.  
Keith : 9/14/2018 7:34 pm : link
The only player that I remember getting back in 2 weeks from a cartilage removal was Marshall Faulk and I believe it was later in the season in must win games. Most guys miss 3-4. I don't know why the Bengals would rush a young RB back in 2 weeks, but hey, it's the Bengals.
Back to the Corner