Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

NFT: For whatever itís worth (not much), CBS NHL Power Rankings

baadbill : 10/10/2018 6:52 pm
Rangers not much of a surprise...
Link - ( New Window )
this just going to make it sweeter  
Vanzetti : 10/10/2018 6:54 pm : link
when Rangers finish 28th
I thought they said the Preds were built to win a Cup last year?  
Leg of Theismann : 10/10/2018 7:22 pm : link
But they apparently retained many of their players if they are ranked #1?

Sorry I don't really follow hockey, and the funny thing is if I had to pick a team it would be the Predators, as I have lived in Nashville for 10 years now and been to more Preds games than any other hockey team in my life. But with the Giants sucking last year and this year, I'm trying to find some sort of hope to grasp onto sports-wise.
RE: I thought they said the Preds were built to win a Cup last year?  
baadbill : 10/10/2018 7:37 pm : link
In comment 14118226 Leg of Theismann said:
Quote:
But they apparently retained many of their players if they are ranked #1?

Sorry I don't really follow hockey, and the funny thing is if I had to pick a team it would be the Predators, as I have lived in Nashville for 10 years now and been to more Preds games than any other hockey team in my life. But with the Giants sucking last year and this year, I'm trying to find some sort of hope to grasp onto sports-wise.


How do you think I feel? Iíve watched two teams obsessively for 50+ years... the Rangers and the Giants. I retired the summer of 2017, and was soooo psyched to be able to enjoy the Giants and Rangers without work to worry about. And so what do I get?
Lazy analysis  
Gman11 : 10/10/2018 8:32 pm : link
Quote:
Oh, it's bad. Fourteen allowed goals in just three games.


Three goals are empty netters. Without them they gave up 2 and 2 and then 7. So, the bad third game makes the whole thing look worse than it was.

The Rangers might come in last in the Metro, but they they haven't played all that bad.
ALL ABOARD THE JACK HUGHES EXPRESS!  
Greg from LI : 10/10/2018 8:39 pm : link
.
RE: ALL ABOARD THE JACK HUGHES EXPRESS!  
djm : 10/10/2018 9:54 pm : link
In comment 14118336 Greg from LI said:
Quote:
.


How good is Hughes? Generational?
I googled  
djm : 10/10/2018 9:56 pm : link
ďSuper prospectĒ

May the blue-shirts lose early and often.
When I watch Hughes  
pjcas18 : 10/10/2018 9:58 pm : link
I see Patrick Kane.

Canadiens GM sees Nail Yaukpov.

I trust my own instincts more than Marc Bergevin's on this one.
There's only one way from here. Up.  
B in ALB : 10/10/2018 10:05 pm : link
They're horrific.
The Canes at #11  
Jints in Carolina : 10/11/2018 8:17 am : link
So far I like what I see from Brind'Amour's team. They are fast and very aggressive.
Rangers, Knicks, Giants...  
M.S. : 10/11/2018 8:27 am : link

...Yanks getting blown out by the Sawx.

Wow, the Big A ain't a whole lotta fun for sports fans these days.
RE: When I watch Hughes  
Ash_3 : 10/11/2018 9:07 am : link
In comment 14118409 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
I see Patrick Kane.

Canadiens GM sees Nail Yaukpov.

I trust my own instincts more than Marc Bergevin's on this one.


Hughes is the real deal. Getting him would put this rebuild in overdrive.
RE: The Canes at #11  
Gman11 : 10/11/2018 9:18 am : link
In comment 14118561 Jints in Carolina said:
Quote:
So far I like what I see from Brind'Amour's team. They are fast and very aggressive.
I watched the game Tuesday against Vancouver. They forecheck hard. The Canucks always had people in their faces when trying to break out of their zone. That's the kind of game I would like to see the Rangers play.
RE: RE: The Canes at #11  
Jints in Carolina : 10/11/2018 10:05 am : link
In comment 14118648 Gman11 said:
Quote:
In comment 14118561 Jints in Carolina said:


Quote:


So far I like what I see from Brind'Amour's team. They are fast and very aggressive.

I watched the game Tuesday against Vancouver. They forecheck hard. The Canucks always had people in their faces when trying to break out of their zone. That's the kind of game I would like to see the Rangers play.


yep, it's very refreshing.
Rangers haven't been bad enough to get a  
pjcas18 : 10/11/2018 10:18 am : link
Svechnikov.

And haven't drafted well enough to get an Aho or Foegele.

Plus 'canes have Necas, one of my favorite young players.

Hurricanes have a good collection of youth.
RE: Rangers haven't been bad enough to get a  
Jints in Carolina : 10/11/2018 10:21 am : link
In comment 14118791 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
Svechnikov.

And haven't drafted well enough to get an Aho or Foegele.

Plus 'canes have Necas, one of my favorite young players.

Hurricanes have a good collection of youth.


Need better goaltending though.
RE: RE: Rangers haven't been bad enough to get a  
pjcas18 : 10/11/2018 10:34 am : link
In comment 14118800 Jints in Carolina said:
Quote:
In comment 14118791 pjcas18 said:


Quote:


Svechnikov.

And haven't drafted well enough to get an Aho or Foegele.

Plus 'canes have Necas, one of my favorite young players.

Hurricanes have a good collection of youth.



Need better goaltending though.


Yeah, and they're not easy to find. What ever happened to Nedeljkovic or whatever his name was. the American goalie with the Russian name. He was a top goalie prospect a couple years ago.

He was the US goalie for the gold medal winning juniors team in Finland a couple years ago.

He is with the Checkers, the AHL team for the Canes in Charlotte  
Jints in Carolina : 10/11/2018 10:45 am : link
He did pretty well last season. He's only 22 so hopefully he'll figure into their future plans.

http://gocheckers.com/players/alex-nedeljkovic
RE: Lazy analysis  
ShockNRoll : 10/11/2018 1:36 pm : link
In comment 14118331 Gman11 said:
Quote:


Quote:


Oh, it's bad. Fourteen allowed goals in just three games.



Three goals are empty netters. Without them they gave up 2 and 2 and then 7. So, the bad third game makes the whole thing look worse than it was.

The Rangers might come in last in the Metro, but they they haven't played all that bad.


Maybe I'm just a homer/optimist/whatever you want to call me, but I also do not feel they have played too poorly. Offense exploded for 5 goals last game, just too bad they gave up 8! I thought they held their own and got better as the game progressed opening night against Nashville, and similar in Buffalo. The analysis is stupid, but they should be near the bottom of the league, as they have 0 points in 3 games. I still feel like there is enough talent on this team to be on the bubble for the 8 seed when March comes around.
Holy crap... short handed goal by Sorensen was one of  
baadbill : 10/11/2018 7:22 pm : link
the most incredible displays of puck handling... geez
Back to the Corner