Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Not sure if this will make anyone feel better about oline

CMicks3110 : 10/10/2018 10:22 pm
but both Pugh and Richburg have been absolutely putrid in Arizona and San Francisco, respectively.

Pugh is ranked 55th best guard with a rating a 51.1, Omameh is ranked 50th with a grade of 54.5. Will Hernandez is 4th at 76.1.

Richburg is ranked 21st at 58.5. Greco for comparison is ranked 27th at 52.7.

For those interested, Solder is ranked 27th at 66.6.

Flowers and Wheeler have been virtually equal. Both pretty terrible. in the mid 50s. I'm guessing Wheeler actually listens to his coaches so that might help with mental errors.

What is scary though, regarding the eagle game is. If you go and watch the Titans/Eagles game from a few weeks ago. The eagles d-line absolutely beat up the Titans o-line. The Titans o-line has some of the best talent in the league and they were manhandled, at least in the first 2 quarters that I watched. I am not optimistic about tomorrow night with this line.
Thanks  
AcidTest : 10/10/2018 10:41 pm : link
for the information. Very helpful.
At this point, it doesn't look like Flowers has any upside.  
Ira : 10/10/2018 10:46 pm : link
Wheeler could still improve.
OH  
CMicks3110 : 10/10/2018 10:54 pm : link
DJ Fluker is having a nice year. I really wanted to re-sign him. He's ranked 15th.
Hate to say  
mrvax : 10/10/2018 11:09 pm : link
but for 5-6 years our Oline has been scared shitless by the Eagles Dline. Got to grow a sack and win.

RE: OH  
OdellBeckhamJr : 10/10/2018 11:20 pm : link
In comment 14118446 CMicks3110 said:
Quote:
DJ Fluker is having a nice year. I really wanted to re-sign him. He's ranked 15th.


Me too, he brought a lot of energy. Likable guy.

He had a play last week where he pancaked Ndamukong Suh
Probably doesn't mean much  
BestFeature : 10/10/2018 11:59 pm : link
But I thought that the Redskins' O-line was pretty good and our line fared much better against the Saints. Not really that significant, but about as significant as a one-off game Titans-Eagles game.
I liked Fluker at RG  
GeorgeAdams33 : 10/11/2018 1:16 am : link
He stood out. I hadn't seen that kind of power since we signed Shawn Andrews in his last comeback attempt.

I liked Jones at Center too. He has good character. I wish we would've kept him around and let him battle Halapio in an open competition. For some reason we never gave Jones much consideration and we didn't give Fluker any at all.
What about the best right tackle in the league  
SHO'NUFF : 10/11/2018 2:25 am : link
over in Cincinnati, Mr. Bobby Hart.
If the rankings are from PFF, then  
Big Blue '56 : 10/11/2018 7:51 am : link
I couldn’t care less. :)
RE: What about the best right tackle in the league  
CromartiesKid21 : 10/11/2018 8:23 am : link
In comment 14118499 SHO'NUFF said:
Quote:
over in Cincinnati, Mr. Bobby Hart.


He's been much better past few games...shouldve kept him instead of Flowers
If Richburg is putrid,  
LS : 10/11/2018 8:35 am : link
where does that leave Greco? Richburg is ranked 21st at 58.5. Greco for comparison is ranked 27th at 52.7.
RE: I liked Fluker at RG  
BigBlueDownTheShore : 10/11/2018 9:20 am : link
In comment 14118495 GeorgeAdams33 said:
Quote:
He stood out. I hadn't seen that kind of power since we signed Shawn Andrews in his last comeback attempt.

I liked Jones at Center too. He has good character. I wish we would've kept him around and let him battle Halapio in an open competition. For some reason we never gave Jones much consideration and we didn't give Fluker any at all.


Well Fluker absolutely sucked at pass blocking. He’s probably part of the reason Wilson is running for his life.

20/20 hindsight I would actually have kept him, since Omameh is. Y far the worst FA acquisition we made this past offseason.
RE: If Richburg is putrid,  
BigBlueDownTheShore : 10/11/2018 9:21 am : link
In comment 14118580 LS said:
Quote:
where does that leave Greco? Richburg is ranked 21st at 58.5. Greco for comparison is ranked 27th at 52.7.


We are getting more bang for our buck.
One common denominator all these years  
Coach Red Beaulieu : 10/11/2018 10:40 am : link
It's Eli Mannings fault.
Richburg was so disappointing  
Jay on the Island : 10/11/2018 12:15 pm : link
He played excellent football during his 2nd season with the Giants, his first full season at center. I believe he was the 3rd ranked center in football according to PFF. I thought he was on his way to becoming a perennial pro bowler. For whatever reason he regressed after that.
.  
arcarsenal : 10/11/2018 12:34 pm : link
Passing on both of those guys was one of the best moves we made. Those are two players who needed to be out of here ASAP.
RE: Richburg was so disappointing  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 10/11/2018 12:54 pm : link
In comment 14119095 Jay on the Island said:
Quote:
He played excellent football during his 2nd season with the Giants, his first full season at center. I believe he was the 3rd ranked center in football according to PFF. I thought he was on his way to becoming a perennial pro bowler. For whatever reason he regressed after that.


Yeah, really weird. He looked like a keeper & then his play fell off a cliff, though I think he was banged up one season.
RE: RE: Richburg was so disappointing  
Coach Red Beaulieu : 10/11/2018 3:06 pm : link
In comment 14119172 SFGFNCGiantsFan said:
Quote:
In comment 14119095 Jay on the Island said:


Quote:


He played excellent football during his 2nd season with the Giants, his first full season at center. I believe he was the 3rd ranked center in football according to PFF. I thought he was on his way to becoming a perennial pro bowler. For whatever reason he regressed after that.



Yeah, really weird. He looked like a keeper & then his play fell off a cliff, though I think he was banged up one season.

He realized he was a Reese oline pick.

He looked great on screens too, maybe the crap oline chemistry and culture played a part.
Back to the Corner