Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Rosas named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week

Britt in VA : 12/5/2018 9:59 am
Quote:
Ralph Vacchiano
& #8207;
Verified account

@RVacchianoSNY
2m2 minutes ago
More
Giants K Aldrick Rosas, who is having a Pro Bowl-caliber season, has been named the NFC Special Teams Player of the Week.


Well deserved.
Ole' Ole'!  
FranknWeezer : 12/5/2018 10:07 am : link
Way to go, Aldrick!
Knock wood -  
section125 : 12/5/2018 10:08 am : link
having a great year. Looks confident and smooth.
How Wagner got it over Ogletree  
dep026 : 12/5/2018 10:08 am : link
is a farce.
...  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 12/5/2018 10:12 am : link
Gotta imagine he has some clauses in his contract to see some $ from this.
This is the first time since I started rooting  
Big Blue '56 : 12/5/2018 10:15 am : link
for the Giants, that we actually have a YOUNG possible, All-Pro kicker that WE developed.

All others we either acquired or let go
Well deserved.......  
Simms11 : 12/5/2018 11:03 am : link
I think our specials have really improved this year, especially after the Bye with additions of Coleman and Henderson, as well. It would be nice to go into next year with our primary specials positions in place......ie, KR, PR, Kicker, Punter and Long Snapper.
Thats our third potential all pro player  
TMS : 12/5/2018 12:25 pm : link
OBJ, SB and Aldrick Rosas. Been a while since we had that many. More in development now and with a decent draft and FA period we could be back in the pack next year. Good to think positive after these last two years MO.
It is such a relief  
Jay on the Island : 12/5/2018 12:54 pm : link
to finally have the long term answer at PK.
He gets a ton of shit here  
ThatLimerickGuy : 12/5/2018 1:52 pm : link
But let's be fair and maybe Tom Quinn needs some credit for this year. Rosas is off the charts, Riley Dixon has been average to above average and Coleman has been a great returner.

We crap on the guy but he is doing a good job.
RE: He gets a ton of shit here  
TMS : 12/5/2018 2:27 pm : link
In comment 14206677 ThatLimerickGuy said:
Quote:
But let's be fair and maybe Tom Quinn needs some credit for this year. Rosas is off the charts, Riley Dixon has been average to above average and Coleman has been a great returner.

We crap on the guy but he is doing a good job.
Good post. Give credit where it is due. Think the talent evaluation is finally delvering some interesting players who are developing here after slow starts elsewhere. Keep on beating the bushes it seems to be working.
RE: RE: He gets a ton of shit here  
mfsd : 12/5/2018 2:35 pm : link
In comment 14206718 TMS said:
Quote:
In comment 14206677 ThatLimerickGuy said:


Quote:


But let's be fair and maybe Tom Quinn needs some credit for this year. Rosas is off the charts, Riley Dixon has been average to above average and Coleman has been a great returner.

We crap on the guy but he is doing a good job.

Good post. Give credit where it is due. Think the talent evaluation is finally delvering some interesting players who are developing here after slow starts elsewhere. Keep on beating the bushes it seems to be working.


Coverage units have been mostly good too. I think in no small way bc DG has committed to guys on the roster who are good special teams guys
RE: He gets a ton of shit here  
BillT : 12/5/2018 3:26 pm : link
In comment 14206677 ThatLimerickGuy said:
Quote:
But let's be fair and maybe Tom Quinn needs some credit for this year. Rosas is off the charts, Riley Dixon has been average to above average and Coleman has been a great returner.

We crap on the guy but he is doing a good job.

Quinn was only brought in to fill in while McGaughey was sick. Under Quinn, Rosas wasn't half this good. In fact, I thought McGaughey had changed his style compared to what Quinn had done. I'd give McGaughey credit before Quinn.
Actually it was a few folks that helped him.....  
Simms11 : 12/5/2018 3:48 pm : link
One being former NFL Kicker John Carney, who has a training facility in Cali, Steve Weatherford who taught him about nutrition and conditioning and lastly Quinn. Yes, our very own Quinn was credited with helping him. In fact I think thatís one area where Quinn actually excels.
Link - ( New Window )
RE: This is the first time since I started rooting  
giantsFC : 12/5/2018 4:18 pm : link
In comment 14206380 Big Blue '56 said:
Quote:
for the Giants, that we actually have a YOUNG possible, All-Pro kicker that WE developed.

All others we either acquired or let go


me too!

Matt Bryant is still the one I can't believe turned out to be as good as he has.
RE: This is the first time since I started rooting  
santacruzom : 12/6/2018 3:19 am : link
In comment 14206380 Big Blue '56 said:
Quote:
for the Giants, that we actually have a YOUNG possible, All-Pro kicker that WE developed.

All others we either acquired or let go


Yep. Let's hope he doesn't regress like most promising 1st or 2nd year Giants do.
Deserving. And, yes, our specials have been improving.  
CT Charlie : 12/6/2018 6:43 am : link
Fewer block-in-the-back calls lately. Riley's effort on the onsides kick was abysmal, but I don't know whether that's Quinn's fault.
I'm still skeptical about  
santacruzom : 12/6/2018 1:04 pm : link
what Quinn brings to the table. It's not like a poor special teams coach is going to result in every ST play being a negative.
Back to the Corner