Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

NFT: FF thread: 12/06/18

tbonfig : 12/6/2018 12:11 pm
Hey friends

Playoff time and I am in a bit of a quandary. Help me choose my RBs. I have 2 spots and a flex, so help me choose three:

- Lamar Miller vs. Colts
- Tarik Cohen vs. Rams
- Phillip Lindsay @ Niners
- Melvin Gordon vs. Bengals
- Spencer Ware vs. Ravens

My sure start is Phillip Lindsay, so I really need two more. I really don't know if Gordon will be able to go, so he's likely off the list as well. Who should I start out of Miller/Cohen/Ware.

Ware was unimpressive last week and the Ravens have the first ranked run defense.

Thanks in advance
if it's PPR  
giants#1 : 12/6/2018 12:39 pm : link
then definitely Cohen against the Rams.
Should have added  
tbonfig : 12/6/2018 12:50 pm : link
0.5 point PPR
Yeah I figured Cohen was a must start  
tbonfig : 12/6/2018 12:51 pm : link
So I guess my question boils down to: Lamar Miller or Spencer Ware?
RE: Yeah I figured Cohen was a must start  
EricJ : 12/6/2018 12:52 pm : link
In comment 14207549 tbonfig said:
Quote:
So I guess my question boils down to: Lamar Miller or Spencer Ware?


cohen, lindsay, gordon
RE: RE: Yeah I figured Cohen was a must start  
Mr. Bungle : 12/6/2018 1:02 pm : link
In comment 14207555 EricJ said:
Quote:
In comment 14207549 tbonfig said:


Quote:


So I guess my question boils down to: Lamar Miller or Spencer Ware?



cohen, lindsay, gordon

Gordon isn't practicing.
RE: RE: RE: Yeah I figured Cohen was a must start  
tbonfig : 12/6/2018 1:42 pm : link
In comment 14207575 Mr. Bungle said:
Quote:
In comment 14207555 EricJ said:


Quote:


In comment 14207549 tbonfig said:


Quote:


So I guess my question boils down to: Lamar Miller or Spencer Ware?



cohen, lindsay, gordon


Gordon isn't practicing.


Yeah, why do you think Gordon is the play here?
Gordon if he plays of course.  
allstarjim : 12/6/2018 1:55 pm : link
If not, I'd much rather play Lamar Miller vs the Colts over Ware vs the Ravens.

The Ravens are just really, really good and I avoid playing RBs against them whenever possible.
Corey Davis or Calvin Ridley?  
dep026 : 12/6/2018 2:03 pm : link
Ridley seems feast or famine. But Davis is going against Jax. I have Davis in for unknown reasons.
RE: Corey Davis or Calvin Ridley?  
YAJ2112 : 12/6/2018 2:11 pm : link
In comment 14207672 dep026 said:
Quote:
Ridley seems feast or famine. But Davis is going against Jax. I have Davis in for unknown reasons.


Ridley for me. Jax D looks like they might be back and they shut down Davis last time (albeit with Insane in the Blaine at QB). I think ATL-GB is going to be a shootout, so give me Ridley in a high scoring affair.
Mahommes or big ben  
terz22 : 12/6/2018 2:11 pm : link
Like big Ben's matchup against the raiders but I cant bench mahommes can I?
and easily Cohen, Lindsay, Miller for the OP  
YAJ2112 : 12/6/2018 2:12 pm : link
assuming Gordon is out which I fully expect him to be. I think they are trying to get him back for KC next Thursday and give him the extra couple of days to heal thinking they should be able to beat Jeff Driskel without him.
You should lose your FF card  
Keith : 12/6/2018 2:15 pm : link
just for asking the question about benching Mahomes. No, you should not bench Mahomes who is the #1 FF player across the board.
RE: Mahommes or big ben  
YAJ2112 : 12/6/2018 2:16 pm : link
In comment 14207688 terz22 said:
Quote:
Like big Ben's matchup against the raiders but I cant bench mahommes can I?


Mahomes. Just can't bench the best QB in FF at home, even with a tough matchup. If it helps you feel better, Ben is 0-3 at Oakland in his career.
Plus  
dep026 : 12/6/2018 2:21 pm : link
Ben hasnt been that good the last 3 weeks. Ride the best player in fantasy.
I made it to the playoffs  
MadPlaid : 12/6/2018 2:31 pm : link
Thank you to everyone who has provided me feedback this year. It has been extremely helpful and flat out fun too. I found a lot of good information here at BBI, and I really appreciate it.

So, current quandary. Who to start at three positions: WR2, TE and Flex. Who do you like at the following for a non-ppr league?

WR2
A. Humphries v. Saints
T. Lockett v. Vikings
C. Davis v. Jaguars

TE
J. Reed v. Giants
D. Njoku v. Panthers

Flex
M. Mack @ Texans
P. Barber v. Saints
A. Humphries v. Saints
T. Lockett v. Vikings
C. Davis v. Jaguars

Currently, I am going with Humphries at WR2, Njoku at TE and Mack at Flex. These seem the wisest choices, due to matchups. What do you think? Any feedback is appreciated.

And as always, thank you!
Tight End Decision in a PPR League...  
BamaBlue : 12/6/2018 2:34 pm : link
Gronkowski @ Miami...or McDonald (Steelers) @ Oakland?
RE: I made it to the playoffs  
YAJ2112 : 12/6/2018 2:44 pm : link
In comment 14207701 MadPlaid said:
Quote:
Thank you to everyone who has provided me feedback this year. It has been extremely helpful and flat out fun too. I found a lot of good information here at BBI, and I really appreciate it.

So, current quandary. Who to start at three positions: WR2, TE and Flex. Who do you like at the following for a non-ppr league?

WR2
A. Humphries v. Saints
T. Lockett v. Vikings
C. Davis v. Jaguars

TE
J. Reed v. Giants
D. Njoku v. Panthers

Flex
M. Mack @ Texans
P. Barber v. Saints
A. Humphries v. Saints
T. Lockett v. Vikings
C. Davis v. Jaguars

Currently, I am going with Humphries at WR2, Njoku at TE and Mack at Flex. These seem the wisest choices, due to matchups. What do you think? Any feedback is appreciated.

And as always, thank you!


Humphries at WR2 - He's been quite productive regardless of the QB lately.

TE - Reed over Njoku for me. Both have decent matchups. Sanchez loves to check it down and Reed had 5 targets from him. Simply can't trust Njoku to get the volume at this point.

Flex - Definitely ruling out Barber, the Saints run D is legit. Also don't like Davis this week, Jax has shut him down all 3 games they've played - he's had 9 targets, 3 catches and 27 yards TOTAL in those games. Personally, I'd go Lockett - I think Seattle will have to throw the ball to beat Minnesota this week. Again, I note that I personally don't trust Mack at all but can see if you'd want to go with him over Lockett.
RE: Tight End Decision in a PPR League...  
YAJ2112 : 12/6/2018 2:48 pm : link
In comment 14207704 BamaBlue said:
Quote:
Gronkowski @ Miami...or McDonald (Steelers) @ Oakland?


I know Gronk hasn't been great, but come on. There's no way you play McDonald over him.
RE: RE: Mahommes or big ben  
terz22 : 12/6/2018 2:52 pm : link
In comment 14207691 YAJ2112 said:
Quote:
In comment 14207688 terz22 said:


Quote:


Like big Ben's matchup against the raiders but I cant bench mahommes can I?



Mahomes. Just can't bench the best QB in FF at home, even with a tough matchup. If it helps you feel better, Ben is 0-3 at Oakland in his career.


I didnt know that makes this decision much easier than.
Thank you, YAJ  
MadPlaid : 12/6/2018 2:54 pm : link
Really appreciate the advice and recommendations. It has been great having you and the others here at BBI to act as sounding boards.

Good information. I will have to consider it. Yeah, Davis is definitely out, as is Barber. I'm torn at TE. Both pretty much stink right now, so I may have to flip a coin in the end. Lockett over Mack? Very interesting. Hadn't considered that. Hopefully it all works out.

Best of luck to you this weekend.
RE: RE: Tight End Decision in a PPR League...  
BamaBlue : 12/6/2018 2:58 pm : link
In comment 14207712 YAJ2112 said:
Quote:
In comment 14207704 BamaBlue said:

Quote:

Gronkowski @ Miami...or McDonald (Steelers) @ Oakland?

I know Gronk hasn't been great, but come on. There's no way you play McDonald over him.


Yeah... Gronk is having more back troubles and even if he plays, he's being saved for the playoff run. Other than opening day, Gronk has been undependable.
RE: RE: RE: Tight End Decision in a PPR League...  
YAJ2112 : 12/6/2018 4:19 pm : link
In comment 14207719 BamaBlue said:
Quote:
In comment 14207712 YAJ2112 said:


Quote:


In comment 14207704 BamaBlue said:

Quote:

Gronkowski @ Miami...or McDonald (Steelers) @ Oakland?

I know Gronk hasn't been great, but come on. There's no way you play McDonald over him.



Yeah... Gronk is having more back troubles and even if he plays, he's being saved for the playoff run. Other than opening day, Gronk has been undependable.


At undependable, he's still averaging 11 points a game when he plays to Vance's 9 points a game. So Gronk's floor is Vance McDonald and his upside is Gronk.
RE: RE: RE: Tight End Decision in a PPR League...  
pjcas18 : 12/6/2018 4:23 pm : link
In comment 14207719 BamaBlue said:
Quote:
In comment 14207712 YAJ2112 said:


Quote:


In comment 14207704 BamaBlue said:

Quote:

Gronkowski @ Miami...or McDonald (Steelers) @ Oakland?

I know Gronk hasn't been great, but come on. There's no way you play McDonald over him.



Yeah... Gronk is having more back troubles and even if he plays, he's being saved for the playoff run. Other than opening day, Gronk has been undependable.


I read someone say this during the week "gronk is being saved for the playoffs", but look up the snap counts he was on the field more than anyone on offense for the Patriots last Sunday except Brady and he played 98.something % against the Jets too.

Doesn't sound like a guy they're saving for the playoffs.

He has incentives on snap counts which he may have already missed b/c he missed so much time, but otherwise I think he's going to try and reach them.

Baldwin, Lockett, D Thomas  
bradshaw44 : 12/6/2018 4:32 pm : link
I need two. Any suggestions?
If Gronk is healthy...  
BamaBlue : 12/6/2018 4:36 pm : link
I think I'm going to roll the dice with him. With his injuries and Doyle going to IR, McDonald was the only viable option for a mandatory TE in PPR.
I should have mentioned...  
BamaBlue : 12/6/2018 4:39 pm : link
I'm hoping for 15 points with Gronk. My opponent has Ertz. He's also got Mahomes and Gurley. Going to be a tough opening playoff game for me.
Not here to give advice or ask for it (it's such a crapshoot!)...  
Milton : 12/6/2018 4:50 pm : link
But last night I had a trade fail because the guy on the other end failed to drop a player in a two for one trade (Ekeler and Golladay for Ebron). I was all geared up for a battle thinking he was going to use it as an excuse to back out of a legit trade because he had scored Jeff Wilson and Chris Godwin on the waiver wire. But this morning he accepted my revised offer of Ekeler and Golladay for Ebron and Kareem Hunt (because he hadn't yet dropped Hunt). And since the trade will go through before Sunday's games, it's no-harm, no-foul....other than the fact that I have to wait another two days to fill the empty roster spot that will be created (assuming I choose to drop Hunt).
p.s.--I haven't been following the Hunt drama since he was released and the league suspended him. Is there any reason to believe he may play again this year?
RE: If Gronk is healthy...  
allstarjim : 12/6/2018 4:53 pm : link
In comment 14207821 BamaBlue said:
Quote:
I think I'm going to roll the dice with him. With his injuries and Doyle going to IR, McDonald was the only viable option for a mandatory TE in PPR.


There is a guy available in less than 4% of leagues that I believe should be owned in at least 75% of leagues. At TE. If you are desperate, he is a guy I want to own. However, I'm not going to pick him up until Saturday, when I can drop the Chargers DEF without anyone being able to pick him up and use them on Sunday because of waivers. Chargers have a good matchup this week against Cincinatti, but I also have Denver and will be playing them on the road against the 49ers. However, weeks 15 and 16 for the Chargers are @ KC and vs Baltimore, so they are probably useless after this week.
Yeah I don't want to say who it is  
allstarjim : 12/6/2018 4:53 pm : link
but you might be able to figure it out.
RE: Not here to give advice or ask for it (it's such a crapshoot!)...  
allstarjim : 12/6/2018 4:54 pm : link
In comment 14207836 Milton said:
Quote:
But last night I had a trade fail because the guy on the other end failed to drop a player in a two for one trade (Ekeler and Golladay for Ebron). I was all geared up for a battle thinking he was going to use it as an excuse to back out of a legit trade because he had scored Jeff Wilson and Chris Godwin on the waiver wire. But this morning he accepted my revised offer of Ekeler and Golladay for Ebron and Kareem Hunt (because he hadn't yet dropped Hunt). And since the trade will go through before Sunday's games, it's no-harm, no-foul....other than the fact that I have to wait another two days to fill the empty roster spot that will be created (assuming I choose to drop Hunt).
p.s.--I haven't been following the Hunt drama since he was released and the league suspended him. Is there any reason to believe he may play again this year?


I really believe Hunt's season is over.
RE: RE: Not here to give advice or ask for it (it's such a crapshoot!)...  
Milton : 12/6/2018 5:05 pm : link
In comment 14207843 allstarjim said:
Quote:

I really believe Hunt's season is over.
Yeah and I don't want him anyway (I was more curious than anything else). He joins Mixon and Peterson as guys I can't stomach on my roster no matter their value. I'll drop Hunt for another WR or RB as soon as I can. I only added him to the trade to make it a two for two deal.
p.s.--Antonio Calloway intrigues me. He continues to underproduce compared to his targets, but if he and Mayfield develop better chemistry he could have a big day, especially in week 16 vs Cincinnati (Mayfield threw 4 TD passes the last time the two teams played).
RE: RE: If Gronk is healthy...  
pjcas18 : 12/6/2018 5:22 pm : link
In comment 14207839 allstarjim said:
Quote:
In comment 14207821 BamaBlue said:


Quote:


I think I'm going to roll the dice with him. With his injuries and Doyle going to IR, McDonald was the only viable option for a mandatory TE in PPR.



There is a guy available in less than 4% of leagues that I believe should be owned in at least 75% of leagues. At TE. If you are desperate, he is a guy I want to own. However, I'm not going to pick him up until Saturday, when I can drop the Chargers DEF without anyone being able to pick him up and use them on Sunday because of waivers. Chargers have a good matchup this week against Cincinatti, but I also have Denver and will be playing them on the road against the 49ers. However, weeks 15 and 16 for the Chargers are @ KC and vs Baltimore, so they are probably useless after this week.


If the guy is available in less than 4% of leagues doesn't that mean he's owned in more than 96% of leagues? Not sure I understand what you're getting at and say who the player is, no idea which TE you mean. Probably already owned in my leagues.
RE: Yeah I don't want to say who it is  
Milton : 12/6/2018 5:31 pm : link
In comment 14207840 allstarjim said:
Quote:
but you might be able to figure it out.
Matt LaCosse
.  
arcarsenal : 12/6/2018 5:35 pm : link
WR3... Courtland Sutton @ SF or Larry Fitz vs DET?

Flex... Chris Carson vs MIN or Jeff Wilson Jr vs. DEN?


Right now, I am going with Sutton and Carson. With Sanders out for the year and Thomas gone to HOU, Sutton seems like a safe bet to see a healthy share of looks and SF is susceptible to the big play. Slot WR's have been smashing the Lions and Kirk is out so I feel like Fitz is a pretty solid play - but he's just not seeing a ton of action and has been TD dependent.

The RB choice is tougher. If Brieda is definitely out, I like Wilson. Carson is still the lead back and SEA is an excellent run team - I just get nervous with Carson for two reasons. One that he's banged up and two that Penny seems to be forcing his way Into more carries - there's also Mike Davis who appears to be the 3rd down back.

Wilson Jr seems like a better bet for touches. I can't really decide.
RE: RE: RE: If Gronk is healthy...  
allstarjim : 12/6/2018 11:17 pm : link
In comment 14207855 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
In comment 14207839 allstarjim said:


Quote:


In comment 14207821 BamaBlue said:


Quote:


I think I'm going to roll the dice with him. With his injuries and Doyle going to IR, McDonald was the only viable option for a mandatory TE in PPR.



There is a guy available in less than 4% of leagues that I believe should be owned in at least 75% of leagues. At TE. If you are desperate, he is a guy I want to own. However, I'm not going to pick him up until Saturday, when I can drop the Chargers DEF without anyone being able to pick him up and use them on Sunday because of waivers. Chargers have a good matchup this week against Cincinatti, but I also have Denver and will be playing them on the road against the 49ers. However, weeks 15 and 16 for the Chargers are @ KC and vs Baltimore, so they are probably useless after this week.



If the guy is available in less than 4% of leagues doesn't that mean he's owned in more than 96% of leagues? Not sure I understand what you're getting at and say who the player is, no idea which TE you mean. Probably already owned in my leagues.


Yes. I of course meant he was only owned in 4% of leagues. Available in 96% of leagues. Milton was correct. After I pick him up I am probably going to play him over Burton.
I think you guys need to get Derrick Henry in your lineups  
allstarjim : 12/6/2018 11:33 pm : link
For Thursday Night Football.
Fournette fucked me again...  
EricJ : 12/6/2018 11:36 pm : link
he may as well have been suspended tonight too. Meanwhile, my opponent had Henry on his bench so it could have been worse.
RE: RE: RE: RE: If Gronk is healthy...  
Milton : 12/7/2018 5:38 am : link
In comment 14208052 allstarjim said:
Quote:
Available in 96% of leagues. Milton was correct. After I pick him up I am probably going to play him over Burton.
He was on my radar before I made the trade for Ebron. I've made two trades over the course of the year with the same team, the net being RB Cohen and TE Ebron for me and QB Rivers, RB Ekeler, WR Golladay to him. My fear is that I will meet him week 15 in the playoffs (I'm 11-2 and guaranteed top seed out of four playoff spots, he is 8-5 and still fighting for a spot) and he will kill me with Rivers and Ekeler vs the KC defense. Oh well.
I love how Lacosse is some sort of secret name to be guarded  
YAJ2112 : 12/7/2018 9:04 am : link
I already picked him up last week to replace Heuerman in a few leagues... and thanked him for the 0 he got for me in DFS where I used him on DK as a cheap punt.
RE: I love how Lacosse is some sort of secret name to be guarded  
allstarjim : 12/7/2018 11:14 am : link
In comment 14208188 YAJ2112 said:
Quote:
I already picked him up last week to replace Heuerman in a few leagues... and thanked him for the 0 he got for me in DFS where I used him on DK as a cheap punt.


I know, it's an abundance of caution. I think with Sanders being out for the season, he's going to be targeted more.
Back to the Corner