Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

Odell, is now the time to trade him?

Jim in Forest Hills : 1/2/2019 8:38 am
To start, trading OBJ (or wanting to trade him) should only happen if you think it's part of a long term solution to righting the ship. If your plans are short term, winning in 2019/2020 by all means keep him on the roster.

OBJ is expensive and has gotten hurt two years running. He is also mercurial and has shown he can be difficult to handle and required "speaking to." Would he be a new QBs best friend or worst enemy?

OBJ has trade value, a lot of it. He has shown he is a top tier player and competitor, I think there would be considerable competition for his services. OBJ would net a nice haul, minimum a 1st rd pick, but could he net more?

I also think its a slippery slope in that I dont think you can explore trading him and then NOT trade him. Once official word got out that he is being shopped its got to happen, so you'd have to properly assess his value.

If a team like the Jets or SF offered you a 2nd rd pick this year and a 1st next year, would you bite?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 <<Prev | Show All |
RE: Ben Roethlisberger is a gigantic diva and potentially a sex criminal  
ThatLimerickGuy : 1/2/2019 2:47 pm : link
In comment 14244515 Ten Ton Hammer said:
Quote:
And he constantly throws his own teammates under the bus.


What does Ben have to do with this? Or Antonio Brown? Both are assholes and not the Giant's problem.

The amount of mental gymnastics necessary to defend Beckham is crazy. Do you not realize that there is a world where you don't need to cowtow to and coddle a guy who you paid 90 million to?

Just shut up, show up and catch the fucking ball and there will be no issues.

Beckham could SO easily just tow the line publicly and bang whores and do lines every night and nobody would care if he didn't get caught.

The problem is what I said earlier. Beckham's top priority is being a celebrity and his second is a football player. That is fine lots of guys are like that but they fucking show up every week and at least pretend to give a shit about the team who made them mega millionaires.

Beckham tells Josina Anderson he cant say if he wants to be a Giant. Go fuck yourself then. Go do your thing somewhere else because my interest is in seeing the Giants win rings, not coddle a man child.

RE: Also  
Go Terps : 1/2/2019 2:48 pm : link
In comment 14244600 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
Landon Collins threw Apple under the bus (not something I had a problem with) but why isn't that on your radar as not being a good teammate?


Is that to me? I thought that was horseshit from Collins.
.  
arcarsenal : 1/2/2019 2:50 pm : link
Well, this is from the linked article...

Quote:
“People say that we did drugs, but no way. No way,” she said. “[Beckham] was completely against that.”


It certainly looks to me like the girl was. But that's her prerogative. If Beckham didn't, the video is basically useless. The guy is eating pizza. Who cares.

This incident just never seemed to be a "thing" to me - he's literally doing nothing illegal in the video. I'm not sure why it's supposed to bother me that he's in it. I would have done the same thing.

The NFL didn't do anything about it and neither did Mara, so I guess they didn't care that much either.
RE: RE: Ben Roethlisberger is a gigantic diva and potentially a sex criminal  
Ten Ton Hammer : 1/2/2019 2:51 pm : link
In comment 14244611 ThatLimerickGuy said:
Quote:
Do you not realize that there is a world where you don't need to cowtow to and coddle a guy who you paid 90 million to?


Do you not realize that you make it a point to go looking for what he does off the field? You're the person that consumes TMZ, then bitches at the player for being on TMZ.
RE: RE: I hope Odell is at a party with Aaron Rodgers  
Gatorade Dunk : 1/2/2019 2:53 pm : link
In comment 14244315 ThatLimerickGuy said:
Quote:
In comment 14244295 UConn4523 said:


Quote:


one day and someone scoops a pic of them hanging out together. I can only imagine the posts from TLG when that happens.



Pro Tip: When you need to resort to attacking the messenger that means that your own rebuttal to the message is weak.

Again- I have my opinion and yes I am abrasive with it. If that bothers some people I apologize for that, but the message should not be lost.

I never said it was a FACT that Beckham didn't play because he isn't a team guy. I said he has a bruised leg and disappeared from the team when they had a chance to make the playoffs, both from playing OR from being on the sideline during home games (like other superstar team leaders) to help out. What is untrue about that? Nothing.

It is my OPINION that he isn't a team guy because of that. It is difficult for some of you to distinguish between the two because reality doesn't suit the narrative that Odell is this great player who gets a bad rap. Every piece of grief he gets he has brought on himself. I don't want to see my star player spearing other players getting ejected. I don't want to see my star player in a hotel room with drugs on video. I don't want to see my star player shirtless on a boat in the week leading up to a playoff game when he shits the bed.

Maybe these things don't bother you guys but it is my OPINION that it bothers me. Different strokes for Different folks I guess.

Also FYI, notice the usual suspects who bring up the nonsense that should have passed years ago just because again- they can't attack the message so they go right for the messenger.

Pro tip: the fact that you continue to post here despite the fact that you're universally regarded as a joke is generally seen as proof that you're an attention-starved troll.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I genuinely feel sorry for you. Maybe 2019 is the year when things finally turn around for you!
RE: arc  
ron mexico : 1/2/2019 2:54 pm : link
In comment 14244609 Go Terps said:
Quote:
It was March 8 of 2018. See link below. Can't blame him for hanging out with that chick. I also can't blame him if he did lines off her ass. I know I would have at his age. That doesn't mean it would go over any better with Mara or the NFL.

As for Antonio Brown, I agree he's a scumbag and wouldn't want him anywhere near my team. I don't know why that makes Beckham look better. Link - ( New Window )


By their lack of response, neither Mara or the NFL gave a shit. Neither did Gettleman based on his response. Why? because they live in the real world where this is nothing.


RE: RE: Also  
UConn4523 : 1/2/2019 2:54 pm : link
In comment 14244614 Go Terps said:
Quote:
In comment 14244600 UConn4523 said:


Quote:


Landon Collins threw Apple under the bus (not something I had a problem with) but why isn't that on your radar as not being a good teammate?



Is that to me? I thought that was horseshit from Collins.


No, TLG. He said he doesn't question Collins because he's earned it by being a good teammate. Which makes no sense if you are ok with him calling out Apple (I am, totally understand why others may not be).

I don't mind Beckham criticism, he's earned his fair share. I just don't like opinions being passed off as facts. Its bullshit, doesn't matter what side of the argument you are on.
The timing of this thread is fucking hilarious  
Dave in Hoboken : 1/2/2019 2:56 pm : link
considering the GM said literally 3 hours after this thread was created that they're not trading him.
How are any of us coddling Beckham?  
UConn4523 : 1/2/2019 2:56 pm : link
we don't know him or associate with him. We are commenting on a message board. When i'm not on BBI i don't think about Beckham until a Giants game is on.
.  
Big Blue '56 : 1/2/2019 2:56 pm : link
Quote:


The problem is what I said earlier. Beckham's top priority is being a celebrity and his second is a football player. That is fine lots of guys are like that but they fucking show up every week and at least pretend to give a shit about the team who made them mega millionaires.



If his number 1 priority is being a celebrity, why has he had the best WR stst start in the history of the NFL?
Terps is handling this well  
BigBlueCane : 1/2/2019 2:59 pm : link
and he's correct.
RE: RE: RE: I hope Odell is at a party with Aaron Rodgers  
ron mexico : 1/2/2019 3:00 pm : link
In comment 14244625 Gatorade Dunk said:
Quote:
In comment 14244315 ThatLimerickGuy said:


Quote:


In comment 14244295 UConn4523 said:


Quote:


one day and someone scoops a pic of them hanging out together. I can only imagine the posts from TLG when that happens.



Pro Tip: When you need to resort to attacking the messenger that means that your own rebuttal to the message is weak.

Again- I have my opinion and yes I am abrasive with it. If that bothers some people I apologize for that, but the message should not be lost.

I never said it was a FACT that Beckham didn't play because he isn't a team guy. I said he has a bruised leg and disappeared from the team when they had a chance to make the playoffs, both from playing OR from being on the sideline during home games (like other superstar team leaders) to help out. What is untrue about that? Nothing.

It is my OPINION that he isn't a team guy because of that. It is difficult for some of you to distinguish between the two because reality doesn't suit the narrative that Odell is this great player who gets a bad rap. Every piece of grief he gets he has brought on himself. I don't want to see my star player spearing other players getting ejected. I don't want to see my star player in a hotel room with drugs on video. I don't want to see my star player shirtless on a boat in the week leading up to a playoff game when he shits the bed.

Maybe these things don't bother you guys but it is my OPINION that it bothers me. Different strokes for Different folks I guess.

Also FYI, notice the usual suspects who bring up the nonsense that should have passed years ago just because again- they can't attack the message so they go right for the messenger.


Pro tip: the fact that you continue to post here despite the fact that you're universally regarded as a joke is generally seen as proof that you're an attention-starved troll.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I genuinely feel sorry for you. Maybe 2019 is the year when things finally turn around for you!


I would say he is a troll, but the fact that he was complaining about his fantasy football schedule tells me that unfortunately he is like this in real life as well.

RE: RE: RE: RE: And there was also the back and forth involving Mara and his dad  
baadbill : 1/2/2019 3:17 pm : link
In comment 14244594 ron mexico said:
Quote:
In comment 14244564 baadbill said:


Quote:


In comment 14244544 ron mexico said:


Quote:


... I mean whats the point of being a pro athlete if you can't party in hotel rooms with chicks?...



I have to assume this was said tongue in cheek... if not, take away the word "pro" ... being a professional, at anything, involves fucking maturity and certainly not being a fucking kid who would say what you just said.



No its not tongue in cheek at all.

And I'm not a kid. My days of partying in hotel rooms are (mostly) over, but I sure as fuck don't regret them. I mean whats the point of achieving some success if you can't enjoy it.


You honestly equate "partying in hotel rooms" as being a measure of business success? Holy crap. It probably has little to do with business success - but if there is a correlation, it is almost certainly an inverse relationship.

RE: RE: RE: Also  
ThatLimerickGuy : 1/2/2019 3:17 pm : link
In comment 14244628 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
In comment 14244614 Go Terps said:


Quote:


In comment 14244600 UConn4523 said:


Quote:


Landon Collins threw Apple under the bus (not something I had a problem with) but why isn't that on your radar as not being a good teammate?



Is that to me? I thought that was horseshit from Collins.



No, TLG. He said he doesn't question Collins because he's earned it by being a good teammate. Which makes no sense if you are ok with him calling out Apple (I am, totally understand why others may not be).

I don't mind Beckham criticism, he's earned his fair share. I just don't like opinions being passed off as facts. Its bullshit, doesn't matter what side of the argument you are on.


Apple quit on the team last year. Remember that game (for some reason SF comes to mind) when he just gave up?

He deserved it and Collins did the right thing.

Apples (no pun intended) and Oranges.

The premise of this thread quickly went from "should we trade beckham" to "attack anyone who wants to trade beckham".

I'm not surprised because that is the general take around here and I personally know a lot of BBIers offline who tell me "it's not worth arguing with those mongos so we let them stay in their echo chamber of self righteousness all day and keep saying the same thing back and forth".

It's a Giants message board but when any opinion, supported by facts, whether you agree or not, is presented that is contrary to what is popular this place freaks out.

Let's have a real discussion on Beckham and if you think he will ever win a ring with the Giants. I'd love to do that without the name calling and bullshit of people just attacking the messenger. I'm sure I can be enlightened and I am sure I can enlighten anyone who has an open mind. I'd love to do that anytime, via e-mail or on here or whatever.

I'm not saying people are successful because they party  
ron mexico : 1/2/2019 3:20 pm : link
in hotel rooms with hot chicks.


I'm saying being successful allows people to party in hotel rooms with hot chicks. And partying in hotel rooms with hot chicks it a lot of fun.


Ok TLG lets have a discussion about his behavior  
ron mexico : 1/2/2019 3:24 pm : link
Is it appropriate to criticize OBJ for posting a video of him playing a free throw basket ball game in his basement with a family member?

Follow up question, should people who do criticize such things be taken seriously?


RE: Ok TLG lets have a discussion about his behavior  
ThatLimerickGuy : 1/2/2019 3:31 pm : link
In comment 14244693 ron mexico said:
Quote:
Is it appropriate to criticize OBJ for posting a video of him playing a free throw basket ball game in his basement with a family member?

Follow up question, should people who do criticize such things be taken seriously?



Well...fair question.

If we realize that Beckham contract is 18 million a year, and he missed 4 games with the leg bruise, that is about 5 million dollars worth of salary collected while not playing.

Sure maybe it isn't a big deal to you and it's not my $$ per se (although I pay my season ticket dues just like everyone else who has them) but is it good optics to be doing that? My question is whether it is a smart thing or a dumb thing to do. Shouldn't he think before posting that "hey maybe I shouldn't be posting this right now"? Isn't that common sense?

If Beckham called out a WR  
UConn4523 : 1/2/2019 3:34 pm : link
like Collins did with Apple you’d be all over it. You are so full of shit.
RE: RE: Ok TLG lets have a discussion about his behavior  
ron mexico : 1/2/2019 3:35 pm : link
In comment 14244710 ThatLimerickGuy said:
Quote:
In comment 14244693 ron mexico said:


Quote:


Is it appropriate to criticize OBJ for posting a video of him playing a free throw basket ball game in his basement with a family member?

Follow up question, should people who do criticize such things be taken seriously?





Well...fair question.

If we realize that Beckham contract is 18 million a year, and he missed 4 games with the leg bruise, that is about 5 million dollars worth of salary collected while not playing.

Sure maybe it isn't a big deal to you and it's not my $$ per se (although I pay my season ticket dues just like everyone else who has them) but is it good optics to be doing that? My question is whether it is a smart thing or a dumb thing to do. Shouldn't he think before posting that "hey maybe I shouldn't be posting this right now"? Isn't that common sense?


Can you explain what playing a game in his basement has to do with missing time. Just so we can follow this "common sense". Because I'm having a hard time connecting the dots here. Why is it bad optics? Educate me.
.  
arcarsenal : 1/2/2019 3:46 pm : link
It's funny - I don't even know what video we're talking about with the basement or basketball or whatever is in question here. I've never seen it and I think this is the first I've even heard about it. I'm constantly accused of being a "fanboy" or apologist, yet I have barely any idea what Beckham does off the field if it isn't football related or widely reported.

It also seems like he's often criticized for something that would be a total non-issue if it was someone else and that the guys who don't like him spend more time closely following his off-field actions than those who do.
RE: RE: RE: Ok TLG lets have a discussion about his behavior  
ThatLimerickGuy : 1/2/2019 3:47 pm : link
In comment 14244715 ron mexico said:
Quote:
In comment 14244710 ThatLimerickGuy said:


Quote:


In comment 14244693 ron mexico said:


Quote:


Is it appropriate to criticize OBJ for posting a video of him playing a free throw basket ball game in his basement with a family member?

Follow up question, should people who do criticize such things be taken seriously?





Well...fair question.

If we realize that Beckham contract is 18 million a year, and he missed 4 games with the leg bruise, that is about 5 million dollars worth of salary collected while not playing.

Sure maybe it isn't a big deal to you and it's not my $$ per se (although I pay my season ticket dues just like everyone else who has them) but is it good optics to be doing that? My question is whether it is a smart thing or a dumb thing to do. Shouldn't he think before posting that "hey maybe I shouldn't be posting this right now"? Isn't that common sense?




Can you explain what playing a game in his basement has to do with missing time. Just so we can follow this "common sense". Because I'm having a hard time connecting the dots here. Why is it bad optics? Educate me.


Sure.

If you aren't fit to earn your 1.2 million dollar paycheck for a week, are you fit to be shooting jumpers in your basement? If the answer is yes, that he felt OK enough to do that but not play an NFL football game (which is probably the actual case), is it smart to post social media posts of you doing that, or would it be wiser to just keep any physical activity that you are doing private? That is what I mean by bad optics.
Optics are only a concern  
Ten Ton Hammer : 1/2/2019 3:53 pm : link
In that people like you, who have no interest in what a player does off the field "allegedly", will make it a point to update the community as to what he posts on Instagram.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Ok TLG lets have a discussion about his behavior  
ron mexico : 1/2/2019 3:55 pm : link
In comment 14244734 ThatLimerickGuy said:
Quote:
In comment 14244715 ron mexico said:


Quote:


In comment 14244710 ThatLimerickGuy said:


Quote:


In comment 14244693 ron mexico said:


Quote:


Is it appropriate to criticize OBJ for posting a video of him playing a free throw basket ball game in his basement with a family member?

Follow up question, should people who do criticize such things be taken seriously?





Well...fair question.

If we realize that Beckham contract is 18 million a year, and he missed 4 games with the leg bruise, that is about 5 million dollars worth of salary collected while not playing.

Sure maybe it isn't a big deal to you and it's not my $$ per se (although I pay my season ticket dues just like everyone else who has them) but is it good optics to be doing that? My question is whether it is a smart thing or a dumb thing to do. Shouldn't he think before posting that "hey maybe I shouldn't be posting this right now"? Isn't that common sense?




Can you explain what playing a game in his basement has to do with missing time. Just so we can follow this "common sense". Because I'm having a hard time connecting the dots here. Why is it bad optics? Educate me.



Sure.

If you aren't fit to earn your 1.2 million dollar paycheck for a week, are you fit to be shooting jumpers in your basement? If the answer is yes, that he felt OK enough to do that but not play an NFL football game (which is probably the actual case), is it smart to post social media posts of you doing that, or would it be wiser to just keep any physical activity that you are doing private? That is what I mean by bad optics.


See this is exactly why no one takes you seriously.

Shooting jumpers? he was playin on one of these in a room with 8' ceinings. There was no jumping going on.



I think the real answer is that OBJ should understand that a portion of the fan base are unhinged miserable fucks and that he should never show any enjoyment, ever, unless its directly related to the giants winning and even then the display of enthusiasm should consist of handing the ball to the ref and a firm handshake with his team mates.
.  
arcarsenal : 1/2/2019 3:59 pm : link
TLG... honest question.

If you don't like Odell Beckham (and, by your own admission, you most certainly do not...), then why do you spend time following what he does off the field?

I don't really get that.

I don't use Instagram or really any social media - but it's like me being on Instagram, following Kanye West, and then complaining about everything he does. I could just... not follow him and ignore the things he does in his spare time if they bother me. And I would if that were the case.

Unless you think it's important to "keep tabs" on him to make sure he's not doing something terrible like playing a arcade basketball game that does not put him in any more jeopardy of injury than lifting a fork to eat dinner, I don't see the point.

He obviously bothers you, but you continue to gravitate towards anything with his name on it. It's a strange dynamic.
RE: .  
Eman11 : 1/2/2019 4:06 pm : link
In comment 14244753 arcarsenal said:
Quote:
TLG... honest question.

If you don't like Odell Beckham (and, by your own admission, you most certainly do not...), then why do you spend time following what he does off the field?

I don't really get that.

I don't use Instagram or really any social media - but it's like me being on Instagram, following Kanye West, and then complaining about everything he does. I could just... not follow him and ignore the things he does in his spare time if they bother me. And I would if that were the case.

Unless you think it's important to "keep tabs" on him to make sure he's not doing something terrible like playing a arcade basketball game that does not put him in any more jeopardy of injury than lifting a fork to eat dinner, I don't see the point.

He obviously bothers you, but you continue to gravitate towards anything with his name on it. It's a strange dynamic.


I think it's more like following him waiting and hoping something shady pops up so he can post " see, see, I told you so" type of shit.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Also  
Gatorade Dunk : 1/2/2019 4:27 pm : link
In comment 14244680 ThatLimerickGuy said:
Quote:
The premise of this thread quickly went from "should we trade beckham" to "attack anyone who wants to trade beckham".

I'm not surprised because that is the general take around here and I personally know a lot of BBIers offline who tell me "it's not worth arguing with those mongos so we let them stay in their echo chamber of self righteousness all day and keep saying the same thing back and forth".

See, this is where you get things mixed up. It's not "attack anyone who wants to trade [B]eckham," it's "point out what a fraudulent troll ThatLimerickGuy is." There's a difference.

And I'm fairly certain that you know precisely zero BBI members in any context other than this board unless you knew them before you signed up. Who are these über-knowledgeable fans (who just happen to agree with you)? It's rather convenient that they just "let [us] stay in [our] echo chamber" don't you think? Doesn't that result in the exact same outcome as these supposed BBIers not actually existing in the first place?

You seem to think you're some sort of hero for an unspoken truth, carrying the flag for all of the anonymous Giants fans that share your opinion but not your voice. You're not. You're a joke that doesn't appear to ever have a punchline.
RE: Ok  
clatterbuck : 1/2/2019 4:52 pm : link
In comment 14244390 ThatLimerickGuy said:
Quote:
Let me put it this way.

Odell has no structural or even soft tissue injury. He has a bruise/hematoma.

Now again- let me be the first to say that NONE of us know the subjective amount of pain that Odell is in. Hence, we form OPINIONS on whether a player with a bruised leg (or whatever you want to classify the injury as if that doesn't suit you) is able to play or not.

It is absolutely true that for all we know Odell was begging to play but the trainers and doctors would not allow it, even when they were technically in the middle of a playoff race. It is also possible that Odell made a business decision to not push through a bruised leg. NOBODY can ever know the reality to that because only Odell really knows how he feels, which is why, on a discussion message board, we discuss and form opinions.

What I DO know is that some players, in that situation, push through being hurt. We find out sometimes that guys play with torn ACL's and meniscus tears or other major injuries. I'm not suggesting that anyone should do that.

Let's for argument sake say that you are all right and I am wrong, that Beckham took his desire to play all the way up to John Mara who just refused to risk his 90 million dollar investment. Again for all we know that could have happened. Where was Beckham during the home games? Turn on any game and you see the team leaders (unless they are recovering from major surgery of some kind) in street clothes on the sideline.

Let's end it here- I get it- I hate Beckham, you guys will constantly apologize for the guy. We are all entitled to our opinions.

What I don't appreciate is being ganged up on, personally attacked and the gay slurs. That is uncalled for.


You have no factual basis for making any statement about the nature or extent of Beckham's injury. None. Zippo. What is a fact is that team doctors would not clear him to play, regardless of his pain tolerance. Did it ever occur to you the team was making a "business decision" about the risk of further injury? Do you think Shurmur would for a moment countenance putting a player on the field that hasn't been medically cleared? Do you think management/ownership would let him? We all have opinions. We all post them. Some on the site are more informed, and base comments on deeper knowledge of the game, institutional memory about the team, and sometimes, inside information. I wouldn't put your posts about Beckham in that category.
RE: .  
ThatLimerickGuy : 1/2/2019 5:29 pm : link
In comment 14244753 arcarsenal said:
Quote:
TLG... honest question.

If you don't like Odell Beckham (and, by your own admission, you most certainly do not...), then why do you spend time following what he does off the field?

I don't really get that.

I don't use Instagram or really any social media - but it's like me being on Instagram, following Kanye West, and then complaining about everything he does. I could just... not follow him and ignore the things he does in his spare time if they bother me. And I would if that were the case.

Unless you think it's important to "keep tabs" on him to make sure he's not doing something terrible like playing a arcade basketball game that does not put him in any more jeopardy of injury than lifting a fork to eat dinner, I don't see the point.

He obviously bothers you, but you continue to gravitate towards anything with his name on it. It's a strange dynamic.


Actually a good question.

I follow and interact with a ton of Giants both past and present on social media.

Beckham shows up in my feed the same as anyone else. If Halapio was doing something dumb and someone started a thread asking if we should hold onto him I would say the same.thing.

Beckham is just a lightning rod because a) he is great and b) he enjoys the celebrity lifestyle.

Now if you are saying that I should just avoid the Beckham threads because there is really no "discussion" other than how he is a boy scout choir boy then I agree with you and will note it going forward.

My opinion is well known by now. I don't need to be called every name under the sun and gay on BBI about it.
No one called you gay  
UConn4523 : 1/2/2019 6:20 pm : link
rather, you were mocked for calling Aaron Rodgers gay because of some rumors that you’ve been privy to for years now, apparently. You are the joke, is it that hard to understand?

You are one of the first posters on any Beckham thread and your post reads the same every time. “I told you guys for a long time now but you can’t win with Beckham. He only cares about himself, etc.” you are a played out record that brings nothing new, insightful, or interesting to Beckham threads. You constantly contradict yourself, and you state opinions as facts.

Again, you are a joke.
RE: RE: .  
arcarsenal : 1/2/2019 6:31 pm : link
In comment 14244873 ThatLimerickGuy said:
Quote:
In comment 14244753 arcarsenal said:


Quote:


TLG... honest question.

If you don't like Odell Beckham (and, by your own admission, you most certainly do not...), then why do you spend time following what he does off the field?

I don't really get that.

I don't use Instagram or really any social media - but it's like me being on Instagram, following Kanye West, and then complaining about everything he does. I could just... not follow him and ignore the things he does in his spare time if they bother me. And I would if that were the case.

Unless you think it's important to "keep tabs" on him to make sure he's not doing something terrible like playing a arcade basketball game that does not put him in any more jeopardy of injury than lifting a fork to eat dinner, I don't see the point.

He obviously bothers you, but you continue to gravitate towards anything with his name on it. It's a strange dynamic.



Actually a good question.

I follow and interact with a ton of Giants both past and present on social media.

Beckham shows up in my feed the same as anyone else. If Halapio was doing something dumb and someone started a thread asking if we should hold onto him I would say the same.thing.

Beckham is just a lightning rod because a) he is great and b) he enjoys the celebrity lifestyle.

Now if you are saying that I should just avoid the Beckham threads because there is really no "discussion" other than how he is a boy scout choir boy then I agree with you and will note it going forward.

My opinion is well known by now. I don't need to be called every name under the sun and gay on BBI about it.


No one's calling you gay, dude. I don't know why you think this.

I don't think I've even attacked you personally at all here. I certainly disagree with you on several fronts, but I think I've kept it fairly adult and stayed away from anything off-top for the most part.

I also don't think Beckham is a choir boy - the difference is that I don't need him to be and don't care if he isn't. I always have the same, consistent logic when it comes to this stuff...

If a player stays out of legal trouble, works hard at his craft, and falls in line when it comes to being a team player and having a team-first mentality, I don't care what he does in his spare time.

Now, some of you guys disagree with me on his being a team-first guy, but I do believe he is very invested in his teammates and the Giants.

He's constantly taking young players under his wing (Shepard, Barkley) and pumping them up/challenging them to be better. He's held team dinners with several players on a weekly basis (including defensive players), he showed up to camp this year when almost every one of his peers in a similar contract scenario did not.

Literally the worst thing Odell Beckham has done in the last 2-3 years is do a stupid interview with Lil Wayne. It caused a stir for about 2 days and then everyone was over it. It wasn't even a big deal - in retrospect, though, it's just one of those things he needs to learn to avoid. And I think Shurmur made that clear to him.

Outside of that, I don't understand what all of this bellyaching is really over. He wasn't even called for a personal foul or unsporsmanlike conduct penalty once this year unless I'm mistaken. What's he doing that's so terrible/embarrassing the franchise?
RE: No one called you gay  
ThatLimerickGuy : 1/2/2019 6:49 pm : link
In comment 14244925 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
rather, you were mocked for calling Aaron Rodgers gay because of some rumors that you’ve been privy to for years now, apparently. You are the joke, is it that hard to understand?

You are one of the first posters on any Beckham thread and your post reads the same every time. “I told you guys for a long time now but you can’t win with Beckham. He only cares about himself, etc.” you are a played out record that brings nothing new, insightful, or interesting to Beckham threads. You constantly contradict yourself, and you state opinions as facts.

Again, you are a joke.


No I was called a c*ckmonkey twice.

Whatever you are right I am staying off Beckham threads. You guys win. You beat me down to the point that I will stop trying to put forth a different opinion on a message board. Congrats guys. Go ahead and worship the guy who said he doesn't even know if he wants to be a Giant in a public interview. In the end history will prove me right, as usual, and the rats will scurry to deflect and defend.
It’s actually a word that describes a male pornstar  
UConn4523 : 1/2/2019 6:51 pm : link
it doesn’t address orientation. So no one called you gay.
No one called you gay  
ron mexico : 1/2/2019 6:53 pm : link
But your obsession with OBJ , the Midwest gay club scene and penchant for being overly dramatic could lead some to certain conclusion..,
RE: RE: No one called you gay  
arcarsenal : 1/2/2019 6:59 pm : link
In comment 14244959 ThatLimerickGuy said:
Quote:
In comment 14244925 UConn4523 said:


Quote:


rather, you were mocked for calling Aaron Rodgers gay because of some rumors that you’ve been privy to for years now, apparently. You are the joke, is it that hard to understand?

You are one of the first posters on any Beckham thread and your post reads the same every time. “I told you guys for a long time now but you can’t win with Beckham. He only cares about himself, etc.” you are a played out record that brings nothing new, insightful, or interesting to Beckham threads. You constantly contradict yourself, and you state opinions as facts.

Again, you are a joke.



No I was called a c*ckmonkey twice.

Whatever you are right I am staying off Beckham threads. You guys win. You beat me down to the point that I will stop trying to put forth a different opinion on a message board. Congrats guys. Go ahead and worship the guy who said he doesn't even know if he wants to be a Giant in a public interview. In the end history will prove me right, as usual, and the rats will scurry to deflect and defend.


The bolded part is why you annoy people.

I'm honestly just trying to point it out to you so you can see it - because I'm not sure you do.

But stuff like that is why you're attacked here. And because you keep claiming people are calling you "gay" (and seem extremely bothered by it...) when no one has called you that or used it as an insult.

It's aggravating. It's like everyone keeps trying to show you something that is right out in the open and you just keep ignoring it despite it being right there in front of you. That's why these threads always turn out this way.

I was super critical of Beckham earlier in the season. So, to act like we're all these unabashed worshippers is all just hot air hyperbolic nonsense.
RE: Boy  
figgy2989 : 1/2/2019 7:05 pm : link
In comment 14244232 figgy2989 said:
Quote:
You do have a pretty high opinion of yourself.


Figured I would add this again to support arc’s comment.
RE: Are..  
ThatLimerickGuy : 1/2/2019 7:13 pm : link
In comment 14244254 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
TLG is at least unifying. Where most here can't agree on anything, he's universally regarded as a cockmonkey, and believe me, the gay reference isn't lost.....


Don't change what was said.

Again. Let's debate this issue fairly and rationally. Ill admit when someone makes a good point. Seems like nobody else can do that here and immediately go personal. I see that as weakness in the argument.
It was..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 1/2/2019 7:20 pm : link
tongue in cheek. Oh, there I go again!!

Cockmonkey vs. cocksucker. Learn the difference.

Embrace it.

Cockmonkey.
And the..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 1/2/2019 7:22 pm : link
definition of cockmonkey seems to fit very well - like a glove:

Quote:
An idiot of immense proportion, usually amazingly arrogant and annoying.
Wear..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 1/2/2019 7:23 pm : link
it proudly:
No  
Torrag : 1/2/2019 7:33 pm : link
I want two things in regards to Beckham for 2019. I want to see what he can do next season in this offense now that it's got a few scalps on the wall and gained some confidence as a group.

I'd also like to try and get him a full slate of 16 games so that if we do look to trade him in 2020 we aren't undercutting our own return.

This isn't the offseason to deal him imo.
RE: arc...  
NINEster : 1/2/2019 8:03 pm : link
In comment 14244046 bw in dc said:
Quote:
Fair value? Oakland got a #1 for Cooper, who was coming off a bad season, and playing poorly again for Oakland this year.


Cooper has had some very good years. Top 10 since he came out, close to top 5.
RE: Wear..  
ThatLimerickGuy : 1/2/2019 8:38 pm : link
In comment 14245009 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
it proudly:


Lol...relax. Don't do that man I'm not going to get you banned or suspended from your precious BBI. Own it. It is all good just don't lie and try to walk it back.
Walk..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 1/2/2019 8:39 pm : link
it back? Because you have no fucking clue what a cockmonkey means?

You are a fucking peach.
By the way..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 1/2/2019 11:16 pm : link
don't you find it a bit ironic that you have no qualms about speculating on Rodgers or Beckham's sexuality, but seem to be a bit unhinged about the term cockmonkey?
RE: RE: No one called you gay  
Hsilwek92 : 1/2/2019 11:42 pm : link
In comment 14244959 ThatLimerickGuy said:
Quote:
In comment 14244925 UConn4523 said:


Quote:


rather, you were mocked for calling Aaron Rodgers gay because of some rumors that you’ve been privy to for years now, apparently. You are the joke, is it that hard to understand?

You are one of the first posters on any Beckham thread and your post reads the same every time. “I told you guys for a long time now but you can’t win with Beckham. He only cares about himself, etc.” you are a played out record that brings nothing new, insightful, or interesting to Beckham threads. You constantly contradict yourself, and you state opinions as facts.

Again, you are a joke.



No I was called a c*ckmonkey twice.

Whatever you are right I am staying off Beckham threads. You guys win. You beat me down to the point that I will stop trying to put forth a different opinion on a message board. Congrats guys. Go ahead and worship the guy who said he doesn't even know if he wants to be a Giant in a public interview. In the end history will prove me right, as usual, and the rats will scurry to deflect and defend.


Jesus fucking Christ you are a drama queen. Get the fuck over yourself man.

And where is this, “Different point of view.” you’re supposedly giving? Every fucking Odell thread with you is the same god damn thing. First you post something like, “Well, if they had listened to me...” which you did in this thread; then you go down a rabbit hole of untrue bullshit and cite them as facts. Clock-fucking-work. I’d say it’s impressive if it weren’t so sad

As far as the Midwest Gay Scene thing, that’s your fault ignoramous. You post something as stupid as that as fact and you deserve all the flack you get for it. Stop with the woe is me act.

Christ.
This guy loves the attention  
Ten Ton Hammer : 1/3/2019 9:30 am : link
even the bad kind.
RE: RE: arc...  
YAJ2112 : 1/3/2019 9:38 am : link
In comment 14245065 NINEster said:
Quote:
In comment 14244046 bw in dc said:


Quote:


Fair value? Oakland got a #1 for Cooper, who was coming off a bad season, and playing poorly again for Oakland this year.



Cooper has had some very good years. Top 10 since he came out, close to top 5.


Say what? Cooper has finished in the top 10 in yards once since he came out - 8th in 2016. He's never been top 10 in catches or TDs. Where are all these very good years?
If the Giants are moving away from Eli  
AnnapolisMike : 1/3/2019 10:33 am : link
and going to Lauletta or another young QB, it might be a good time to do it. Why pay the money for a WR when your are two years away. OBJ is nice to have....but he is a luxury on a team trying to completely rebuild.

Like others have said an acquiring team knows what they are getting into with the $'s. They are not responsible for his bonus money against the cap. It would make sense for a team that needs a few last pieces.
Gettleman confirmed yesterday that Beckham is part  
Dave in Hoboken : 1/3/2019 10:39 am : link
of the solution going forward. It's alot of the other parts of the roster that we'll be moving on from soon enough.
RE: If the Giants are moving away from Eli  
Ten Ton Hammer : 1/3/2019 12:34 pm : link
In comment 14245793 AnnapolisMike said:
Quote:
and going to Lauletta or another young QB, it might be a good time to do it. Why pay the money for a WR when your are two years away. OBJ is nice to have....but he is a luxury on a team trying to completely rebuild.



I wouldn't say he's a luxury. A talent like that makes the game easier for a young QB. The second you trade him away and start with a new QB, you're just going to go looking for players that can help the new QB succeed. As soon as they got Eli, the Giants went out and paid good money for an offensive playmaker.

Trading away Beckham creates a gaping hole in the roster that you'd have to spend a day 1 pick on to try to fill, and there's a high chance that player has nowhere near the impact. With some chance that player doesn't even work out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner