Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

So what were your thoughts on last nights talent

superspynyg : 1/8/2019 8:19 am
Going into THIS yearís draft?
OT Jonah Williams
DT Quinnen Williams
DE Celin Ferrell
DL Christian Watkins

Did this game raise or lower any body IYO?
I want Lawrence in 2021, but so do fans of every nfl team  
The_Boss : 1/8/2019 8:37 am : link
But looking at 2019, Iíd love Q. Williams, but heís a top 2 pick. Jonah Williams or Clelin Ferrell are more realistic targets. Ferrell destroyer Williams on that one play but the OT held his own nicely.
Quinnen Williams is a stud  
nyjuggernaut2 : 1/8/2019 8:37 am : link
he'll be off the board before the Giants pick. For most of the night Jonah Williams kept Clellin Ferrell at bay, but Ferrell did get the best of him a few times, including one play where he bull-rushed Williams and threw him on his backside. Either of these two would be a nice addition to this team, and if both were available at 6 deciding between the two would depend on what the Giants do in free agency.

I also like Wilkins, but not sure he's a top 10 talent and would probably be a reach at #6.
RE: I want Lawrence in 2021, but so do fans of every nfl team  
The_Boss : 1/8/2019 8:37 am : link
In comment 14253700 The_Boss said:
Quote:
But looking at 2019, Iíd love Q. Williams, but heís a top 2 pick. Jonah Williams or Clelin Ferrell are more realistic targets. Ferrell destroyer Williams on that one play but the OT held his own nicely.


DESTROYED
Deionte Thompson, who is my guy this draft season, had  
The_Boss : 1/8/2019 8:38 am : link
An awful game.
I wonder if the Giants end up selecting Jonah Williams  
nyjuggernaut2 : 1/8/2019 8:38 am : link
which of the two between him and Nate Solder would they swing to RT. I assume they'd put Williams there, but it would be an interesting debate.
LG  
GeorgeAdams33 : 1/8/2019 8:50 am : link
Williams will probably play Left Guard in the NFL
Well now comes the fun part (if not long 3 1/2 months)  
superspynyg : 1/8/2019 8:56 am : link
The player evaluations: East West game, Senior Bowl, Combine, Pro days and tons of mock drafts.

Plus Sy and Daveís player rankings.
I  
DG_89 : 1/8/2019 8:56 am : link
think they'd start Williams at RT and keep him there till it's either economically feasible to jettison Solder or, since he's already in his 30s, his play either starts to slip or falls off a cliff. Unfortunately I think Jonah gets picked by one of the 5 teams ahead of us
We'll see  
mittenedman : 1/8/2019 9:13 am : link
about Q.Williams. I agree he's likely off the board but we pick 6th. Anybody could still be there. I remember thinking no shot in hell Leonard Williams slips way back in that draft. Can't rule anything out at 6.
Itís possible DG will fill most of the Oline void  
Simms11 : 1/8/2019 9:26 am : link
in Free Agency, leaving Defense for the draft. Iím not so sure we have the resources to pick up a top ER in FA and this draft is supposedly full of them. Such a dilemma, but the Giants are another year away from being a playoff team IMO. Itíll take at least another year to build and QB, the most important component is not yet on this team. With that said, if they feel that strongly about Haskins, theyíll probably get him. If they donít, then I would expect the best Defensive player available on the board, that can fit in a 3-4 Defense.
Other than Thompson  
jeff57 : 1/8/2019 9:44 am : link
They all did well. Or well enough.
I really don't  
ryanmkeane : 1/8/2019 9:50 am : link
understand the whole notion of thinking we can definitely get X QB when they aren't going to be draft eligible for 2 years. What if our pick is in the 20s? Why are we all talking like getting one of these future QBs is a given? I don't understand this.
No thanks on Q Williams  
WillVAB : 1/8/2019 10:00 am : link
DG is getting rid of dumbasses not adding them ó and he quit in the 2nd half yesterday.
RE: Itís possible DG will fill most of the Oline void  
Strahan91 : 1/8/2019 10:03 am : link
In comment 14253765 Simms11 said:
Quote:
in Free Agency, leaving Defense for the draft. Iím not so sure we have the resources to pick up a top ER in FA and this draft is supposedly full of them. Such a dilemma, but the Giants are another year away from being a playoff team IMO. Itíll take at least another year to build and QB, the most important component is not yet on this team. With that said, if they feel that strongly about Haskins, theyíll probably get him. If they donít, then I would expect the best Defensive player available on the board, that can fit in a 3-4 Defense.

I agree with this. I donít see the Giants taking an OL in the first round. I think theyíll sign someone like Daryl Williams, a cheaper guard or resign Brown and then draft a C/G at some point on day 2 or maybe early 3. Sy has said itís a very deep center class and there will be good value there. Plus they like Halapio.
The Giants need to find a way  
tyrik13 : 1/8/2019 10:44 am : link
To get no.1 and no. 2 picks in the 2021 NFL draft so that we can get Trevor Lawrence and Justyn Ross back to back
RE: No thanks on Q Williams  
Mr. Bungle : 1/8/2019 4:25 pm : link
In comment 14253812 WillVAB said:
Quote:
DG is getting rid of dumbasses not adding them ó and he quit in the 2nd half yesterday.

And he might have a bit of Sore Loser Syndrome:

ďNo, they really didnít do anything that caught us off guard. We knew everything was coming. We ran a zone and they ran go routes. 50-50 balls. Trevor Lawrence threw the ball up ó it ainít like he just put it on the money, dropped dimes, none of that. He just threw them up and the receivers made plays. Youíve got to give all the respect to the receivers.Ē

ďThe receivers really adjusted on every ball he threw. Because he didnít throw great balls. He didnít throw pinpoint balls. He just threw 50-50 balls. He threw it up. They have receivers that make plays and their receivers made plays.Ē


Haha, whatever, dude.
Clemson helmet  
Gruber : 1/8/2019 6:12 pm : link
Can anyone tell me what's the deal with the white dots on the back of the Clemson helmet? Is it meant to signify something? I love the tiger's paw, but I don't get the white dots.
RE: RE: No thanks on Q Williams  
Bergen346 : 1/8/2019 7:30 pm : link
In comment 14254504 Mr. Bungle said:
Quote:
In comment 14253812 WillVAB said:


Quote:


DG is getting rid of dumbasses not adding them ó and he quit in the 2nd half yesterday.


And he might have a bit of Sore Loser Syndrome:

ďNo, they really didnít do anything that caught us off guard. We knew everything was coming. We ran a zone and they ran go routes. 50-50 balls. Trevor Lawrence threw the ball up ó it ainít like he just put it on the money, dropped dimes, none of that. He just threw them up and the receivers made plays. Youíve got to give all the respect to the receivers.Ē

ďThe receivers really adjusted on every ball he threw. Because he didnít throw great balls. He didnít throw pinpoint balls. He just threw 50-50 balls. He threw it up. They have receivers that make plays and their receivers made plays.Ē

Haha, whatever, dude.


I thought Lawerence was excellent last night, but a lot of those spectacular catches, were spectacular catches, because they werenít the most accurate throws. The TD Lawerence had on the post/slant route where he kept it high and away from the safety/cb was an excellent throw, among many more, but I think I understand what Williams is saying above ^
RE: Clemson helmet  
Bergen346 : 1/8/2019 7:43 pm : link
In comment 14254595 Gruber said:
Quote:
Can anyone tell me what's the deal with the white dots on the back of the Clemson helmet? Is it meant to signify something? I love the tiger's paw, but I don't get the white dots.


Coaches give out stickers on Monday as awards to put on the helmet after watching tape on Sunday. For example, if you are an o-lineman and you have 5 pancake blocks in a game you get a sticker. DB, you get an interception... sticker. Every coach does it differently, if they do it, but you get the point. When we did it in highschool and college it was a badge of honor - like medals on a decorate solider. Those who had the most had the respect of the team.
Back to the Corner