Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

OBJ playing catch with a chimpanzee - PETA not happy

giant24 : 1/8/2019 6:49 pm
Pretty cool if you ask me - I would if I had the chance but the issue of him getting injured is mentioned. Wonder how the Giants brass feel about it.
Why Giantsí Odell Beckham is in hot water with PETA - ( New Window )
Pages: 1 2 3 | Show All |  Next>>
Trade him for a bag of monkey dung  
The_Boss : 1/8/2019 6:52 pm : link
Enough of his shit
PETA was quoted as saying this wasn't Beckham's first  
jcn56 : 1/8/2019 6:53 pm : link
case of abusing a primate, obviously referencing Beckham's past with Washington's Josh Norman.
Premadonna got some more of that 'tention he was after  
adamg : 1/8/2019 6:56 pm : link
What a douche bag
RE: PETA was quoted as saying this wasn't Beckham's first  
.McL. : 1/8/2019 6:58 pm : link
In comment 14254631 jcn56 said:
Quote:
case of abusing a primate, obviously referencing Beckham's past with Washington's Josh Norman.

jcn for the win!
LOL
Not sure whatís the issue  
Bill L : 1/8/2019 7:00 pm : link
Everyone looked like they were playing and having fun. Animals, people...everyone.
PETA have always been a bunch of a-holes anyway  
Bill L : 1/8/2019 7:01 pm : link
IMO. Theyíre like Sinn Fein used to be for the IRA.
LSU grad  
mdc1 : 1/8/2019 7:03 pm : link
Or not pretty much sums it up. He needs life muse to help him make correct choices, especially ones that increase his ROI
RE: PETA was quoted as saying this wasn't Beckham's first  
BigBlueDownTheShore : 1/8/2019 7:04 pm : link
In comment 14254631 jcn56 said:
Quote:
case of abusing a primate, obviously referencing Beckham's past with Washington's Josh Norman.


Dude I hate Josh norman just as much as any Giants fan but this is by far the most racist comment I have ever seen on this site. Not funny at all.
Who cares?  
Bergen346 : 1/8/2019 7:04 pm : link
OBJ loves animals - he posts videos with his dogs all the time. I find in endearing and I am sure the video he posted to instagram with the lion and chimps was harmless and in goof fun.

Wasnít PETA just advocating that the phrase ďbringing home the baconĒ should be banned because it was insensitive to pigs? PETA can shove it and so can the media. Leave OBJ alone let him live his life.
RE: Trade him for a bag of monkey dung  
BigBlueShock : 1/8/2019 7:07 pm : link
In comment 14254630 The_Boss said:
Quote:
Enough of his shit

Because he tossed a football harmlessly to a chimp? Wtf is wrong with you people?
RE: PETA was quoted as saying this wasn't Beckham's first  
UConn4523 : 1/8/2019 7:13 pm : link
In comment 14254631 jcn56 said:
Quote:
case of abusing a primate, obviously referencing Beckham's past with Washington's Josh Norman.


Yeah. Not sure you meant it the way it read but....jeeeeeez
And holy shit does PETA have an agenda  
UConn4523 : 1/8/2019 7:15 pm : link
any news is good news. The guy he made the video with is a massive animal activist, fights constantly against poaching, and has raised massive amounts of awareness to animal preservation.

That chimp was better of playing catch than sitting in a cage. What the fuck is wrong with people?
Cool  
Beer Man : 1/8/2019 7:22 pm : link
Does that mean they'll be getting naked in protest again
So, does that mean you can  
section125 : 1/8/2019 7:26 pm : link
no longer play ball with your dog, either? Are dogs 2nd class animals?

As far as the assholes giving Beckham shit for having fun, get off your XBox or Play Station. Remember to not go on vacations and keep yelling at people to get off your lawn.
Humans are primates  
Matt in SGS : 1/8/2019 7:40 pm : link
and I don't think jcn meant it to come out the way that it sounded. At least I hope not.
RE: Humans are primates  
BigBlueDownTheShore : 1/8/2019 7:45 pm : link
In comment 14254680 Matt in SGS said:
Quote:
and I don't think jcn meant it to come out the way that it sounded. At least I hope not.


No donít rationalize it. It was not ok to say that. Not even a fucking inkling.
RE: RE: Humans are primates  
OnTap : 1/8/2019 7:49 pm : link
In comment 14254688 BigBlueDownTheShore said:
Quote:
In comment 14254680 Matt in SGS said:


Quote:


and I don't think jcn meant it to come out the way that it sounded. At least I hope not.



No donít rationalize it. It was not ok to say that. Not even a fucking inkling.


No need to be so quick with the race card. News flash: all humans are primates.
RE: RE: Trade him for a bag of monkey dung  
The_Boss : 1/8/2019 7:58 pm : link
In comment 14254646 BigBlueShock said:
Quote:
In comment 14254630 The_Boss said:


Quote:


Enough of his shit


Because he tossed a football harmlessly to a chimp? Wtf is wrong with you people?


It was a joke, Francis.
Everyone is so lame  
Leg of Theismann : 1/8/2019 8:01 pm : link
.
RE: Everyone is so lame  
Bill L : 1/8/2019 8:03 pm : link
In comment 14254715 Leg of Theismann said:
Quote:
.


Ha. Your handle makes that funny.
RE: RE: RE: Humans are primates  
.McL. : 1/8/2019 8:05 pm : link
In comment 14254695 OnTap said:
Quote:
In comment 14254688 BigBlueDownTheShore said:


Quote:


In comment 14254680 Matt in SGS said:


Quote:


and I don't think jcn meant it to come out the way that it sounded. At least I hope not.



No donít rationalize it. It was not ok to say that. Not even a fucking inkling.



No need to be so quick with the race card. News flash: all humans are primates.

Yeah, maybe I am slow but I didn't see it as a racial thing. All humans evolved from the great apes. But some behave more primitively than others regardless of race.
RE: RE: RE: Humans are primates  
odunde : 1/8/2019 8:14 pm : link
In comment 14254695 OnTap said:
Quote:
In comment 14254688 BigBlueDownTheShore said:


Quote:


In comment 14254680 Matt in SGS said:


Quote:


and I don't think jcn meant it to come out the way that it sounded. At least I hope not.



No donít rationalize it. It was not ok to say that. Not even a fucking inkling.



No need to be so quick with the race card. News flash: all humans are primates.


Equating black people with monkeys and apes has a long, rich, racist history in this county (and around the world). This isn't playing the race card. Maybe it wasn't a conscious move, but it was definitely racist.
I don't think jcn  
B in ALB : 1/8/2019 8:16 pm : link
was trying to be some racist monster. It wasn't a smart comment, but he's a long-time poster here who has never exhibited anything closet to bigotry. No need for the torches and pitchforks, folks.
I guess playing fetch with your dog now is abuse  
gtt350 : 1/8/2019 8:17 pm : link
the next comment will get e banned so no comment
.  
arcarsenal : 1/8/2019 8:18 pm : link
Not the best joke to make for obvious reasons, but there's no doubt in my mind that it wasn't at all racially motivated or meant to be in poor taste. jcn has been around a long time - I've never seen him post anything remotely racist. Pretty safe to assume this was harmless.
PETA is full of shit.  
an_idol_mind : 1/8/2019 8:21 pm : link
That organization loves going media whoring to rustle up some donation money. Meanwhile they quietly kill more than 90% of animals brought into their shelters and supports breed-specific bans.

I don't really care about what OBJ does, but it's worth taking every opportunity possible to remind folks about what a terrible organization PETA is.
RE: I don't think jcn  
odunde : 1/8/2019 8:23 pm : link
In comment 14254734 B in ALB said:
Quote:
was trying to be some racist monster. It wasn't a smart comment, but he's a long-time poster here who has never exhibited anything closet to bigotry. No need for the torches and pitchforks, folks.


Sure, the comment may have been a mistake, but it is problematic, and it is best that either JCN or a mod delete it.
RE: .  
BigBlueDownTheShore : 1/8/2019 8:24 pm : link
In comment 14254739 arcarsenal said:
Quote:
Not the best joke to make for obvious reasons, but there's no doubt in my mind that it wasn't at all racially motivated or meant to be in poor taste. jcn has been around a long time - I've never seen him post anything remotely racist. Pretty safe to assume this was harmless.


These things arenít harmless. I donít care what heís done before or how long he has posted. We are all adults and we know what words mean.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Humans are primates  
gmenatlarge : 1/8/2019 8:25 pm : link
In comment 14254730 odunde said:
Quote:
In comment 14254695 OnTap said:


Quote:


In comment 14254688 BigBlueDownTheShore said:


Quote:


In comment 14254680 Matt in SGS said:


Quote:


and I don't think jcn meant it to come out the way that it sounded. At least I hope not.



No donít rationalize it. It was not ok to say that. Not even a fucking inkling.



No need to be so quick with the race card. News flash: all humans are primates.



Equating black people with monkeys and apes has a long, rich, racist history in this county (and around the world). This isn't playing the race card. Maybe it wasn't a conscious move, but it was definitely racist.


+1 Sure came off that way to me!
Its example of society today  
micky : 1/8/2019 8:25 pm : link
Jcn comment i dont believe it to be intended that some right away jump right to..racism

Today racism is so instilled in humans its first thought anything close to it that is automatically assumed. Its sad that this world got worse with it. Understanding and comprehension of quote saying or word is lost nowadays. Very sad
Does Go Terps  
McNally's_Nuts : 1/8/2019 8:27 pm : link
And Mook work for PETA?
RE: PETA was quoted as saying this wasn't Beckham's first  
Dutch77 : 1/8/2019 8:32 pm : link
In comment 14254631 jcn56 said:
Quote:
case of abusing a primate, obviously referencing Beckham's past with Washington's Josh Norman.

What exactly do you mean by "obviously referencing Beckham's past with Washington's Josh Norman"?
RE: Its example of society today  
BigBlueDownTheShore : 1/8/2019 8:32 pm : link
In comment 14254754 micky said:
Quote:
Jcn comment i dont believe it to be intended that some right away jump right to..racism

Today racism is so instilled in humans its first thought anything close to it that is automatically assumed. Its sad that this world got worse with it. Understanding and comprehension of quote saying or word is lost nowadays. Very sad


No itís sad that people try to justify it. Thatís the sad part. Being fucking complacent makes you just as bad. Thatís the sad part. People bllindly say oh heís posted forever he canít possibly be racist.

PETA  
Peter from NH (formerly CT) : 1/8/2019 8:32 pm : link
is a bunch of sad, humorless people that just want to make others as sad and humorless as they are.
RE: Its example of society today  
odunde : 1/8/2019 8:33 pm : link
In comment 14254754 micky said:
Quote:
Jcn comment i dont believe it to be intended that some right away jump right to..racism

Today racism is so instilled in humans its first thought anything close to it that is automatically assumed. Its sad that this world got worse with it. Understanding and comprehension of quote saying or word is lost nowadays. Very sad


Nah- you're either in denial or overly sensitive. I don't want to get too into the weeds here, but racism = prejudice + power. All of us have prejudices, but white people are the predominant group with power. It's that simple- we're all racist and we all exist in a society build on white supremacy. You can deny and reject what i'm saying if you want, but I can promise you that those who don't have the privilege of whiteness don't have that luxury.

If you want to make this a better place, do the work to confront your own biases and those of the people you care about.
I canít wait till this thread gets  
McNally's_Nuts : 1/8/2019 8:35 pm : link
deleted.
RE: I canít wait till this thread gets  
Dutch77 : 1/8/2019 8:36 pm : link
In comment 14254773 McNally's_Nuts said:
Quote:
deleted.

Why is that?
RE: RE: Its example of society today  
adamg : 1/8/2019 8:36 pm : link
In comment 14254764 BigBlueDownTheShore said:
Quote:
In comment 14254754 micky said:


Quote:


Jcn comment i dont believe it to be intended that some right away jump right to..racism

Today racism is so instilled in humans its first thought anything close to it that is automatically assumed. Its sad that this world got worse with it. Understanding and comprehension of quote saying or word is lost nowadays. Very sad



No itís sad that people try to justify it. Thatís the sad part. Being fucking complacent makes you just as bad. Thatís the sad part. People bllindly say oh heís posted forever he canít possibly be racist.


So your reading is that the punchline is that Josh Norman is black and therefore a primate? It doesn't have anything to do with Josh Norman's antics and general douche baggery? Why isn't Beckham referred to as a primate if it's all about blackness?

I think you're reading too much into it. It was a glib joke that turns out is problematic because of the cultural implications it holds.
RE: PETA have always been a bunch of a-holes anyway  
gmenatlarge : 1/8/2019 8:37 pm : link
In comment 14254641 Bill L said:
Quote:
IMO. Theyíre like Sinn Fein used to be for the IRA.


I donít see where you could possibly equate Sinn Fein with PETA, ludicrous...
RE: RE: I canít wait till this thread gets  
McNally's_Nuts : 1/8/2019 8:37 pm : link
In comment 14254775 Dutch77 said:
Quote:
In comment 14254773 McNally's_Nuts said:


Quote:


deleted.


Why is that?


You donít believe this thread will be deleted? Címon man.
RE: RE: PETA have always been a bunch of a-holes anyway  
Bill L : 1/8/2019 8:39 pm : link
In comment 14254779 gmenatlarge said:
Quote:
In comment 14254641 Bill L said:


Quote:


IMO. Theyíre like Sinn Fein used to be for the IRA.



I donít see where you could possibly equate Sinn Fein with PETA, ludicrous...
politcal face for terrorists
RE: RE: Its example of society today  
micky : 1/8/2019 8:39 pm : link
In comment 14254764 BigBlueDownTheShore said:
Quote:
In comment 14254754 micky said:


Quote:


Jcn comment i dont believe it to be intended that some right away jump right to..racism

Today racism is so instilled in humans its first thought anything close to it that is automatically assumed. Its sad that this world got worse with it. Understanding and comprehension of quote saying or word is lost nowadays. Very sad



No itís sad that people try to justify it. Thatís the sad part. Being fucking complacent makes you just as bad. Thatís the sad part. People bllindly say oh heís posted forever he canít possibly be racist.


Am i trying to justisfy it it? No, but i also can see it can immediately being racist comment (instilled by society) but when you arent you can disconcern what IS and what ISN'T via objective comprehension. JCN comment wasnt (i hope) intended for it to be..as said, it wasnt great idea to comment on post like this, as you can see it immediately turned to that thought..racism..its sad its got worse and sad part it will continue.
RE: RE: RE: Its example of society today  
odunde : 1/8/2019 8:42 pm : link
In comment 14254776 adamg said:
Quote:
In comment 14254764 BigBlueDownTheShore said:


Quote:


In comment 14254754 micky said:


Quote:


Jcn comment i dont believe it to be intended that some right away jump right to..racism

Today racism is so instilled in humans its first thought anything close to it that is automatically assumed. Its sad that this world got worse with it. Understanding and comprehension of quote saying or word is lost nowadays. Very sad



No itís sad that people try to justify it. Thatís the sad part. Being fucking complacent makes you just as bad. Thatís the sad part. People bllindly say oh heís posted forever he canít possibly be racist.




So your reading is that the punchline is that Josh Norman is black and therefore a primate? It doesn't have anything to do with Josh Norman's antics and general douche baggery? Why isn't Beckham referred to as a primate if it's all about blackness?

I think you're reading too much into it. It was a glib joke that turns out is problematic because of the cultural implications it holds.


If you wanted to refer to Norman as an animal because he's a jackass, calling him a donkey would make more sense. Seeing a chimp and thinking "Josh Norman joke!" might not be intended as racist. I'm not saying jcn overtly hates or fears black people. But comparing a black person to an ape IS racist.
RE: RE: RE: Its example of society today  
Dutch77 : 1/8/2019 8:42 pm : link
In comment 14254784 micky said:
Quote:
In comment 14254764 BigBlueDownTheShore said:


Quote:


In comment 14254754 micky said:


Quote:


Jcn comment i dont believe it to be intended that some right away jump right to..racism

Today racism is so instilled in humans its first thought anything close to it that is automatically assumed. Its sad that this world got worse with it. Understanding and comprehension of quote saying or word is lost nowadays. Very sad



No itís sad that people try to justify it. Thatís the sad part. Being fucking complacent makes you just as bad. Thatís the sad part. People bllindly say oh heís posted forever he canít possibly be racist.




Am i trying to justisfy it it? No, but i also can see it can immediately being racist comment (instilled by society) but when you arent you can disconcern what IS and what ISN'T via objective comprehension. JCN comment wasnt (i hope) intended for it to be..as said, it wasnt great idea to comment on post like this, as you can see it immediately turned to that thought..racism..its sad its got worse and sad part it will continue.

JCN can't speak for himself now?
RE: RE: RE: RE: Its example of society today  
adamg : 1/8/2019 8:44 pm : link
In comment 14254786 odunde said:
Quote:
In comment 14254776 adamg said:


Quote:


In comment 14254764 BigBlueDownTheShore said:


Quote:


In comment 14254754 micky said:


Quote:


Jcn comment i dont believe it to be intended that some right away jump right to..racism

Today racism is so instilled in humans its first thought anything close to it that is automatically assumed. Its sad that this world got worse with it. Understanding and comprehension of quote saying or word is lost nowadays. Very sad



No itís sad that people try to justify it. Thatís the sad part. Being fucking complacent makes you just as bad. Thatís the sad part. People bllindly say oh heís posted forever he canít possibly be racist.




So your reading is that the punchline is that Josh Norman is black and therefore a primate? It doesn't have anything to do with Josh Norman's antics and general douche baggery? Why isn't Beckham referred to as a primate if it's all about blackness?

I think you're reading too much into it. It was a glib joke that turns out is problematic because of the cultural implications it holds.



If you wanted to refer to Norman as an animal because he's a jackass, calling him a donkey would make more sense. Seeing a chimp and thinking "Josh Norman joke!" might not be intended as racist. I'm not saying jcn overtly hates or fears black people. But comparing a black person to an ape IS racist.

I 100% agree with that.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Its example of society today  
micky : 1/8/2019 8:46 pm : link
In comment 14254787 Dutch77 said:
Quote:
In comment 14254784 micky said:


Quote:


In comment 14254764 BigBlueDownTheShore said:


Quote:


In comment 14254754 micky said:


Quote:


Jcn comment i dont believe it to be intended that some right away jump right to..racism

Today racism is so instilled in humans its first thought anything close to it that is automatically assumed. Its sad that this world got worse with it. Understanding and comprehension of quote saying or word is lost nowadays. Very sad



No itís sad that people try to justify it. Thatís the sad part. Being fucking complacent makes you just as bad. Thatís the sad part. People bllindly say oh heís posted forever he canít possibly be racist.




Am i trying to justisfy it it? No, but i also can see it can immediately being racist comment (instilled by society) but when you arent you can disconcern what IS and what ISN'T via objective comprehension. JCN comment wasnt (i hope) intended for it to be..as said, it wasnt great idea to comment on post like this, as you can see it immediately turned to that thought..racism..its sad its got worse and sad part it will continue.


JCN can't speak for himself now?


Not speaking..let him/her carry on..im done because nothing good comes with these conversations race, politics, or religion. Bottomline, this world is no good and the humans (all) that live in it.adios good luck before this thread is deleted
I guess that at some level  
Bill L : 1/8/2019 8:48 pm : link
We are all weathermen.
ok, so I thought maybe he was using the chimp as  
Bill in UT : 1/8/2019 9:05 pm : link
the ball, you know like midget tossing. I don't get the problem with playing catch with him. Actually thought the little fella's got better hands than OBJ, and didn't need gloves.
RE: RE: .  
christian : 1/8/2019 9:20 pm : link
In comment 14254752 BigBlueDownTheShore said:
Quote:
In comment 14254739 arcarsenal said:


Quote:


Not the best joke to make for obvious reasons, but there's no doubt in my mind that it wasn't at all racially motivated or meant to be in poor taste. jcn has been around a long time - I've never seen him post anything remotely racist. Pretty safe to assume this was harmless.



These things arenít harmless. I donít care what heís done before or how long he has posted. We are all adults and we know what words mean.


We're all adults which means we're all able to not jump to conclusions on intent, especially without the benefit of site and sound, even if the overtones are obvious to some of us.

That's the only way to maintain civility, to have a leg to stand on, and be a credible voice to learn from.

Correct yes, condemn, make sure you have right on your side.

Past behavior and actions are a good indicator of intent and he has been a reasonable, respectful, and tolerant poster in this community for many, many years.

Humans are primates, that's where I initially went. Do I understand others going somewhere else with the comment? Of course.

I prefer to give people of good character at least the benifit of explanation.
Wow, this thread...  
trueblueinpw : 1/8/2019 9:30 pm : link
I love this place. But youíve all offended me and I think the only way to make BBI safe again is for the mods to ban everyone. Look at what OBJ has done to us! And to think, we could have had a constructive thread on whether or not Eli is done.
Pages: 1 2 3 | Show All |  Next>>
Back to the Corner