Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

Wentz/Foles - What would you do?

UConn4523 : 1/10/2019 2:07 pm
Been talking about this in a group chat that has fans of all different teams one being the Eagles. What would you do if you ran that team (take away any Giants bias if possible).

Would anyone try to trade away Wentz and resign Foles? I'm leaning towards yes even though Wentz is better. Between the injuries and him being due a massive contract I think i'd rather hitch my wagon to Foles on a cheaper deal and grab another high pick for a playmaker.

Curious what BBI thinks.
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
RE: Wentz was coming off a major knee issue...  
BillKo : 1/10/2019 2:43 pm : link
In comment 14257049 bw in dc said:
Quote:
Not surprising that he showed rust and wasn't sharp.

But he obviously still has the "jump-off-the-screen" skills that are too good to give up on. And he's still on his rookie contract. Like dep said, he was on target for the MVP last year.

So for me, despite the good work Foles does in this intermittent appearances, the decision is a no-brainer - keep Wentz. And find a back-up when Foles leaves.


Good post, with an emphasis on "intermittent". Foles is the classic backup that plays well in small spurts...and still struggles. Look at the games over the last two years.
Wentz ended up on IR in two of his first three seasons.  
Mr. Bungle : 1/10/2019 2:44 pm : link
And the Eagles are 4-0 in the postseason without him.

It's not an outlandish thing to consider alternatives to Wentz in the Eagles' future.
I'm not  
Pete in MD : 1/10/2019 2:46 pm : link
sure they can franchise Foles. He's technically under contract next season for $20M with an opt-out clause. Can they opt-out and still franchise him? Also, the QB franchise tag is over $20M I think.
Not sure where Essex is getting his high pressure stats  
MetsAreBack : 1/10/2019 2:47 pm : link
but the better fit for offense and all that is ... I dont know, i just like to look at cold hard facts.


Wentz past two years (forget his rookie season, i think that's reasonable):

24 games, 6400 yards, 7.6 YPA, 262 yds/game, 54 TDs / 14 picks, 65% completion


Foles starts:
12 starts, 3090 yards, 7.2 YPA, 255 yds/game, 20 TDs / 9 picks, 67% completion

Ages:
Wentz 26
Foles 30
RE: RE: I hate to say it... but Terps is become a caricature around here  
BillKo : 1/10/2019 2:47 pm : link
In comment 14257056 Go Terps said:
Quote:
In comment 14257027 MetsAreBack said:


Quote:



Let's first of all not give Wentz any kind of pass this year coming off major knee injury that was sustained late in the 2017 season... forcing him to miss most of training camp and had Foles start the first 2 games of the season.

Let's also put aside the brilliant 2017 sophomore campaign he was having pre injury.

Wentz 2018 stats:
70% completion, 3000 yards, 288 yards per game, 7.7 YPA, 21 TDS, 7 picks

Yeah... what a "complete mess" (my eyes are now in the back of my head after the roll...)



He's a good player, but he didn't look right. I wouldn't trust that he's all the way back from that injury.

As a Giant fan I'm really hoping they pay him.


As long as they pay someone, lol, they will start to see their roster suffer talent wise.

The Eagles have a big draft coming up. They have some older players to think about replacing, and some QB to pay.
RE: RE: I hate to say it... but Terps is become a caricature around here  
MetsAreBack : 1/10/2019 2:52 pm : link
In comment 14257056 Go Terps said:
Quote:
In comment 14257027 MetsAreBack said:


Quote:



Let's first of all not give Wentz any kind of pass this year coming off major knee injury that was sustained late in the 2017 season... forcing him to miss most of training camp and had Foles start the first 2 games of the season.

Let's also put aside the brilliant 2017 sophomore campaign he was having pre injury.

Wentz 2018 stats:
70% completion, 3000 yards, 288 yards per game, 7.7 YPA, 21 TDS, 7 picks

Yeah... what a "complete mess" (my eyes are now in the back of my head after the roll...)



He's a good player, but he didn't look right. I wouldn't trust that he's all the way back from that injury.

As a Giant fan I'm really hoping they pay him.


Probably wasnt .... plus he played with a back fracture.

Incredibly, he still played at a very high level - 280 yards/game, 7.7 YPA, only 7 picks, about 2 TDs per game... despite all this.

I agree you dont pay mediocre QBs big money (Cousins, Keenum, even Jimmy G who was unproven, etc.). But guys like Wentz, Brees, Rodgers, Brady.... Ben,Rivers,Eli in their primes... you back up the Brinx for these guys.
to quote from a movie........  
BillKo : 1/10/2019 2:52 pm : link
........Foles is "no messiah. He's a movie of the week. He's a f'ing T-shirt, at best."

Wentz is clearly the better choice.
RE: Not sure where Essex is getting his high pressure stats  
Essex : 1/10/2019 2:54 pm : link
In comment 14257063 MetsAreBack said:
Quote:
but the better fit for offense and all that is ... I dont know, i just like to look at cold hard facts.


Wentz past two years (forget his rookie season, i think that's reasonable):

24 games, 6400 yards, 7.6 YPA, 262 yds/game, 54 TDs / 14 picks, 65% completion


Foles starts:
12 starts, 3090 yards, 7.2 YPA, 255 yds/game, 20 TDs / 9 picks, 67% completion

Ages:
Wentz 26
Foles 30


I don't see much of a difference besides TD passes in those stats and I know Wentz did not have a winning record this year. I know Foles is 5-1 this season. I know the offense did not move at times under Wentz and although he completed a high percentage of passes, his accuracy was placed in doubt all season. Throwing behind receivers and in there system that matters because many of the passes in the shorter range with nice RAC yards. Thus, if you throw behind the receiver you might get the completion but you don't get the same RAC. I watch most every NFL game on Game Pass and the difference between Foles in that offense and Wentz has been noticeable. Take the second Cowboy game for example, Wentz left with a good stat line, but he could hardly move the offense for the first 2.5 quarters. That is what lost them the game.
If the Eagles manage to get by the Saints,  
Brown Recluse : 1/10/2019 2:56 pm : link
they are going back to the Super Bowl.

And if that happens, there is no way in hell you can let Foles go and keep Wentz.

I would absolutely trade Wentz for picks and potentially grab my next QB in 2020.
We're already grouping Wentz with Brees, Brady, and Rodgers?  
Go Terps : 1/10/2019 2:56 pm : link
I don't know about that...

We're talking about whether to pay Wentz premium QB money. It's been proven that the Eagles can win without Wentz...he is not THE reason they're winning. They've won a Super Bowl with his replacement, and then turned a 5-6 season into a 9-7 playoff appearance with his replacement.

If you know you can win without him, why pay him?
RE: to quote from a movie........  
UConn4523 : 1/10/2019 2:57 pm : link
In comment 14257080 BillKo said:
Quote:
........Foles is "no messiah. He's a movie of the week. He's a f'ing T-shirt, at best."

Wentz is clearly the better choice.


I don't think its clear at all. If injuries didn't matter than sure. But since they do matter, what's the better choice, giving an injury prone Wents a 5 year, $150m deal with $100m guaranteed or give Foles 3 years $60m?

Again its a question about the investment, not who's the better player.
Also QB Franchise Tag  
UConn4523 : 1/10/2019 2:59 pm : link
was $24m last season, so it will probably be over $25m this year, if its even possible for them to do at all (not sure with the clauses in his contract which seem to be "mutual").
RE: RE: to quote from a movie........  
BillKo : 1/10/2019 2:59 pm : link
In comment 14257098 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
In comment 14257080 BillKo said:


Quote:


........Foles is "no messiah. He's a movie of the week. He's a f'ing T-shirt, at best."

Wentz is clearly the better choice.



I don't think its clear at all. If injuries didn't matter than sure. But since they do matter, what's the better choice, giving an injury prone Wents a 5 year, $150m deal with $100m guaranteed or give Foles 3 years $60m?

Again its a question about the investment, not who's the better player.


Well, in terms of injury........is Foles some iron man? I mean......the one season he started he was injured too. And the other season he started he was basically benched.

Again..I think the huge mistakes people make with Foles is looking at his small sample size.


RE: I'd keep Wentz and let..  
Big Blue '56 : 1/10/2019 3:00 pm : link
In comment 14256986 Chris in Philly said:
Quote:
Foles leave as he has become so overrated it's ridiculous, but whatever they do I am sacrificing two goats and a virgin to the football gods for it to blow up in their faces. Sorry anak...


I’ll have whatever CiP is having
Good Question But  
tmanic21 : 1/10/2019 3:02 pm : link
From a traits perspective its not even close. Broke down Foles and some of his shortfalls in the pocket passing game here http://bit.ly/FolesPocket ... now can you live with this for an entire season in the NFL? Would be hard pressed. BTW, this takes away nothing that hes done cause its been unreal. I think Foles strengths in the quick game would help the Giants a lot. But ultimately at the price tag and expectation for QB1, its just not in the cards to sign. And for the Eagles, no way Wentz is traded, etc.
Foles Article - ( New Window )
Everyone assumes both Foles and Wentz  
Essex : 1/10/2019 3:04 pm : link
are great players. I don't. I wouldn't spend for Foles, but why isn't the possibility accounted for that Wentz is overrated. Foles had a MVP caliber season in 13 at 27 TD/2 Ints over the last 11 or so games. What is it about Wentz that makes him so great? Maybe he is, but to be honest, I think he is the most overrated QB in the NFL.
RE: RE: RE: to quote from a movie........  
UConn4523 : 1/10/2019 3:07 pm : link
In comment 14257108 BillKo said:
Quote:
In comment 14257098 UConn4523 said:


Quote:


In comment 14257080 BillKo said:


Quote:


........Foles is "no messiah. He's a movie of the week. He's a f'ing T-shirt, at best."

Wentz is clearly the better choice.



I don't think its clear at all. If injuries didn't matter than sure. But since they do matter, what's the better choice, giving an injury prone Wents a 5 year, $150m deal with $100m guaranteed or give Foles 3 years $60m?

Again its a question about the investment, not who's the better player.



Well, in terms of injury........is Foles some iron man? I mean......the one season he started he was injured too. And the other season he started he was basically benched.

Again..I think the huge mistakes people make with Foles is looking at his small sample size.



When you say small sample size do you mean people thinking he's great based on 2018/19? Because I don't, I think he's probably just a an average player over 16 games on any other roster, but for whatever reason he's working there and that's all that would matter for the Eagles. And then there's the cost savings and what you can do with it which is a huge portion of this hypothetical.
I also don't think there's a right answer  
UConn4523 : 1/10/2019 3:09 pm : link
and I don't think this would ever happen, but its interesting to see everyone's POV on it. I'm wondering what team will be the first to trade away a QB like Wentz before contract #2. Its going to happen one day, just a question of when.
RE: RE: RE: RE: to quote from a movie........  
BillKo : 1/10/2019 3:16 pm : link
In comment 14257137 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
In comment 14257108 BillKo said:


Quote:


In comment 14257098 UConn4523 said:


Quote:


In comment 14257080 BillKo said:


Quote:


........Foles is "no messiah. He's a movie of the week. He's a f'ing T-shirt, at best."

Wentz is clearly the better choice.



I don't think its clear at all. If injuries didn't matter than sure. But since they do matter, what's the better choice, giving an injury prone Wents a 5 year, $150m deal with $100m guaranteed or give Foles 3 years $60m?

Again its a question about the investment, not who's the better player.



Well, in terms of injury........is Foles some iron man? I mean......the one season he started he was injured too. And the other season he started he was basically benched.

Again..I think the huge mistakes people make with Foles is looking at his small sample size.





When you say small sample size do you mean people thinking he's great based on 2018/19? Because I don't, I think he's probably just a an average player over 16 games on any other roster, but for whatever reason he's working there and that's all that would matter for the Eagles. And then there's the cost savings and what you can do with it which is a huge portion of this hypothetical.


What I am saying, is over 16 games, he'll be average for any team, including the Eagles.

And again you say he's working out for the Eagles, but it's still a small sample size.

I kinda equate this guy to Ryan Fitzpatrick. If you see RF for short spurts, you'd think this guy is really something special. Zips the ball, daring, plays with heart......but over the long haul, he is what he is.

I don't think Foles can do it for an extended period of time.
I agree that he will be average  
UConn4523 : 1/10/2019 3:20 pm : link
over a full season. In doing so he'd be average at probably $10 million less per season, allowing the Eagles to add another big difference maker somewhere on the roster.

If I felt better about Wentz' health this wouldn't be much of a question for me but I really question how that will go, and if he tries to modify his game to take less hits, how much of a dropoff will he have in production.

Someone mentioned Luck earlier but Luck was already an elite pocket passer - is Wentz?
RE: RE: Not sure where Essex is getting his high pressure stats  
MetsAreBack : 1/10/2019 3:59 pm : link
In comment 14257085 Essex said:
Quote:
In comment 14257063 MetsAreBack said:


Quote:


but the better fit for offense and all that is ... I dont know, i just like to look at cold hard facts.


Wentz past two years (forget his rookie season, i think that's reasonable):

24 games, 6400 yards, 7.6 YPA, 262 yds/game, 54 TDs / 14 picks, 65% completion


Foles starts:
12 starts, 3090 yards, 7.2 YPA, 255 yds/game, 20 TDs / 9 picks, 67% completion

Ages:
Wentz 26
Foles 30



I don't see much of a difference besides TD passes in those stats and I know Wentz did not have a winning record this year. I know Foles is 5-1 this season. I know the offense did not move at times under Wentz and although he completed a high percentage of passes, his accuracy was placed in doubt all season.


Eagles defense gives up 23.3 points per game in Wentz starts, 17.8 ppg in Foles starts.

"Offense did not move the ball at times" - can be said about virtually any QB... and Wentz numbers above are better than Foles, both in YPA and in TD:INT ratio, so.......
RE: I also don't think there's a right answer  
Big Blue '56 : 1/10/2019 4:01 pm : link
In comment 14257143 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
and I don't think this would ever happen, but its interesting to see everyone's POV on it. I'm wondering what team will be the first to trade away a QB like Wentz before contract #2. Its going to happen one day, just a question of when.


Assuming his knee is back to normal, I’d sure as hell trade for him
I've been asking Eagles fans the same  
GiantGrit : 1/10/2019 4:02 pm : link
On paper, it makes sense to sign Wentz to an incentive laden, injury clause contract. Would he sign that though? Would he be offended by it? I'd guess no, he doesn't seem like that sort of person. But you never know.

I think you go with Wentz, but i get the sense 20 years from now we'll be saying what could have been instead of what was in regards to his career.
RE: I've been asking Eagles fans the same  
MetsAreBack : 1/10/2019 4:33 pm : link
In comment 14257239 GiantGrit said:
Quote:
On paper, it makes sense to sign Wentz to an incentive laden, injury clause contract. Would he sign that though? Would he be offended by it? I'd guess no, he doesn't seem like that sort of person. But you never know.

I think you go with Wentz, but i get the sense 20 years from now we'll be saying what could have been instead of what was in regards to his career.



Has nothing to do with being offended. He can get more through either the franchise tag route or through free agency. Why settle for an incentive, injury clause deal when you dont have to? Its not like his numbers are bad - see my post above. Quite the opposite.
Foles..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 1/10/2019 4:45 pm : link
isn't even as good as Hoss was, and Hoss served as a mediocre QB for the Raiders and Redskins and even had a couple playoff berths.

Foles would be very challenged to even reach that threshold
RE: Foles..  
section125 : 1/10/2019 4:51 pm : link
In comment 14257289 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
isn't even as good as Hoss was, and Hoss served as a mediocre QB for the Raiders and Redskins and even had a couple playoff berths.

Foles would be very challenged to even reach that threshold


This is mostly true. I do think Hostetler was better, but I also think people are selling Foles short. He is the equivalent of the AAAA baseball player. To good for a backup, but not quite good enough to hitch your horse to. Probably better than Bortles and Dalton. I still think better than Keenum. Probably at about Stafford/Cousins level or a smidge under.
I'd put him at Dalton or Flacco level  
MetsAreBack : 1/10/2019 5:00 pm : link
that's fine.

I dont think he's as good as Stafford or Cousins. I know Stafford had a down year, but he lost every one of his receivers to free agency (Ebron), injury or trade (Tate). Even his receiving running backs got hurt.
Simple  
mdthedream : 1/10/2019 5:50 pm : link
Wentz but make sure you have a good backup that can drive the car if need be.
Spotrac says:  
mrvax : 1/10/2019 6:09 pm : link
Eagles must exercise 2019 option 1 week after the Super Bowl which would pay Foles $20M in 2019.

I'd go with Wentz.
I'd Like to See Foles  
lax counsel : 1/10/2019 6:10 pm : link
Over a full season, I think the closest he came was the 2015 season with STL, where he was not good. The season prior with the eagles I believe he started 8 games, and was mediocre.

Every time I watch Foles, I walk away unimpressed with his physical abilities. When he throws the ball downfield it seems to travel a mile in the air and somehow his receivers come down with it. There's no denying he's gotten the job done in his limited action with the Eagles.

This game will be a different animal than anything he's seen over the past two season of work. This isn't Philly, or a neutral field in the super bowl. This isn't Chicago with a 2nd year qb who couldn't take advantage of the Eagles glaring holes. Heck this isn't even LA where half the stadium was Eagles fans. This, in my opinion, right now is the toughest place to play in football with a team that is loaded top to bottom and hungry to avenge the embarrassment of last season. This game will say a lot about Foles. He may need to keep pace in a shootout, we'll see.
RE: RE: I've been asking Eagles fans the same  
GiantGrit : 1/10/2019 6:34 pm : link
In comment 14257275 MetsAreBack said:
Quote:
In comment 14257239 GiantGrit said:


Quote:


On paper, it makes sense to sign Wentz to an incentive laden, injury clause contract. Would he sign that though? Would he be offended by it? I'd guess no, he doesn't seem like that sort of person. But you never know.

I think you go with Wentz, but i get the sense 20 years from now we'll be saying what could have been instead of what was in regards to his career.




Has nothing to do with being offended. He can get more through either the franchise tag route or through free agency. Why settle for an incentive, injury clause deal when you dont have to? Its not like his numbers are bad - see my post above. Quite the opposite.


How do you know he won't need to settle for a deal like that? Because his numbers are solid? That proofs my point. We all know he is really good and really young. We also know he plays recklessly and has had 2 significant injuries in 2 years.

Better the player, higher the pay. Bigger the deal, better the chance a guy whose battled injuries will have some language put in his contract that addresses those concerns.
I don't know about the rest of you, but here's to the Saints-who I  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 1/10/2019 6:56 pm : link
typically root against-beating the living sh*t out of Foles & the Eagles on Sunday.
I would love to see the Eagles trade away Wentz  
Jay on the Island : 1/10/2019 7:29 pm : link
and go with Foles but they aren't stupid. Wentz is the far better QB. If Wentz was made available I would happily offer the 6th pick this year plus more to get him but that would never happen. Foles will sign with Jacksonville, Denver, Redskins, or Dolphins and he will return to being a mediocre player.
"Trade them both and whatever you get in return....  
MOOPS : 1/10/2019 7:35 pm : link
ship to Arizona for Rosen."

-half of BBI
...  
christian : 1/10/2019 8:02 pm : link
The Eagles have 2 seasons of control of Wentz and Foles has been reasonable and realistic with Philly. He could very well sign a team friendly extension, he doesn't seem enamored with being the guy and was happy to retire if he couldn't return to Philly. The Eagles might come out of this without having to make a hard decision.
Foles is 3 wins away  
Jimmy Googs : 1/10/2019 8:16 pm : link
from getting HOF votes...
If I were Howie Roseman,  
smshmth8690 : 1/10/2019 8:41 pm : link
I would sign Foles to a 10 year 300 million dollar guaranteed, and trade Wentz to Jacksonville, or Oakland for a conditional 6th, or 7th round pick.
RE: ...  
MetsAreBack : 1/10/2019 9:01 pm : link
In comment 14257581 christian said:
Quote:
The Eagles have 2 seasons of control of Wentz and Foles has been reasonable and realistic with Philly. He could very well sign a team friendly extension, he doesn't seem enamored with being the guy and was happy to retire if he couldn't return to Philly. The Eagles might come out of this without having to make a hard decision.


Yeah, he was going to retire because his career was in the toilet (and I thought I read he had some personal issues too). Now, some team out there will give him at a minimum Case Keenum money, probably more. I doubt he walks away from that.

Giant Grit - I dont know what to tell you. He just isnt in a position where he has to take an incentive laden deal. He's accomplished plenty in his first three seasons that 15-20 teams would give him Jimmy G. money in a heartbeat if he hit the open market.
Foles  
Mr. Nickels : 1/10/2019 10:39 pm : link
is a better QB than Wentz
RE: ...  
Essex : 1/11/2019 9:13 am : link
In comment 14257581 christian said:
Quote:
The Eagles have 2 seasons of control of Wentz and Foles has been reasonable and realistic with Philly. He could very well sign a team friendly extension, he doesn't seem enamored with being the guy and was happy to retire if he couldn't return to Philly. The Eagles might come out of this without having to make a hard decision.


Wentz is only cost controlled for next year. They have to pick up his option for 2020, which is 30 million—which kind of means they probably will start working on a long term deal with him now.
RE: I'm not  
cjac : 1/11/2019 10:19 am : link
In comment 14257062 Pete in MD said:
Quote:
sure they can franchise Foles. He's technically under contract next season for $20M with an opt-out clause. Can they opt-out and still franchise him? Also, the QB franchise tag is over $20M I think.


From what I read, if Foles opts out, they can then slap the tag on him. The problem from the Eagles standpoint is you tie up 25mm that you can you to extend other guys and pick someone up in free agency. it probably wont happen, but they can slap the tag on him. (again, based on what I read)
Objectively, if you're just looking at  
eclipz928 : 1/11/2019 10:41 am : link
numbers, dollars, and (playoff) wins - then the right move for the Eagles would be to sign Foles to an extended contract and make him the starter, and trade Wentz for a 1st round pick.

However, I suspect that the Eagles believe that Wentz is still the better quarterback, and that it is much less likely that committing to him will blow up in their faces than if they were to commit to Foles.

But either way, it just won't be feasible for them to keep both QBs next year - and no matter what decision they make, it will be second-guessed until the end of time if their success doesn't continue.
I personally would let Foles opt out  
eclipz928 : 1/11/2019 10:47 am : link
and play Wentz through 2019 before deciding on whether to give him the new contract. It's a waste to for them to have Foles walk out the door with no compensation, but that's the poor position the Eagles put themselves in by not trading him last year when they had the chance.
RE: I personally would let Foles opt out  
MetsAreBack : 1/11/2019 12:03 pm : link
In comment 14258171 eclipz928 said:
Quote:
and play Wentz through 2019 before deciding on whether to give him the new contract. It's a waste to for them to have Foles walk out the door with no compensation, but that's the poor position the Eagles put themselves in by not trading him last year when they had the chance.


Hard to call it a poor decision when Wentz did in fact get hurt again late this season and Foles has stepped in and helped them go 5-1 since... playing in this weekend's Divisional Round.

The name of this game after all is to chase championships and go on playoff runs. What's a 2nd round pick (that they could have gotten for Foles last year) relative to this?
If the Eagles have the financial capacity to keep both  
Jim in Forest Hills : 1/11/2019 12:34 pm : link
you keep both for one more year.

Expensive insurance policy but Wentz is still under his rookie deal.

I'd tag Foles, both guys get along and there doesn't seem to be an ego issue.
I can't beleive this is even a discussion  
giantstock : 1/11/2019 1:00 pm : link
It's comical.

Easily Wentz.
You can only laugh to keep from crying...  
Jimmy Googs : 1/11/2019 1:08 pm : link
Eagles QB Controversy - go with top young athletic QB who would have won NFL MVP last year but for injury; or QB that won SuperBowl MVP last season and trending again nicely now just the same.

Giant QB Controversy - go with declining veteran for a final swan song contract year because cap hit and alternatives are actually worse outcomes; or go with trainwreck 2nd year guy who cannot even drive to MetLife stadium w/o being arrested.
RE: RE: I personally would let Foles opt out  
eclipz928 : 1/11/2019 3:00 pm : link
In comment 14258268 MetsAreBack said:
Quote:
In comment 14258171 eclipz928 said:


Quote:


and play Wentz through 2019 before deciding on whether to give him the new contract. It's a waste to for them to have Foles walk out the door with no compensation, but that's the poor position the Eagles put themselves in by not trading him last year when they had the chance.



Hard to call it a poor decision when Wentz did in fact get hurt again late this season and Foles has stepped in and helped them go 5-1 since... playing in this weekend's Divisional Round.

The name of this game after all is to chase championships and go on playoff runs. What's a 2nd round pick (that they could have gotten for Foles last year) relative to this?

Poor position* - didn't say anything about decision. Talking specifically about getting compensation for Foles (without the benefit of hindsight). If the Eagles win another championship this year this won't even be a debate, they'll retain Foles.
Wentz/Foles  
Csonka : 1/11/2019 3:28 pm : link
They definitely stay with Wentz long term, but I think BBI greatly undervalues Foles. He's a good quarterback.
I think everyone under values Foles  
eclipz928 : 1/11/2019 6:40 pm : link
including Eagles fans (at least up until recently). He was the best player on the field for most of playoffs and the Super Bowl last year, yet there's been this narrative that the Eagles one those games despite* him being the starter.

That being said, I'm not too sure that his skills will translate to a different offense. I think he's the perfect fit for what Doug Peterson wants to do.
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner