Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

Bengals Expected to Hire Zac Taylor as their new HC

Anakim : 1/10/2019 10:02 pm
NFL Update
& #8207;@MySportsUpdate

The #Bengals are, in fact, planning to hire #Rams QB coach Zac Taylor as their HC once LA's season comes to an end, per @AlbertBreer. #Rams have a game vs Dallas coming up on Saturday, but this is the expected outcome for Cincinnati's search.
Well damn  
Leg of Theismann : 1/10/2019 10:13 pm : link
1 year as quarterback coach and now getting promoted to HC. Working for McVay certainly speaks well for people I guess.

I do see he has been an OC before but only a total of 2 years (1 year with Dolphins and 1 year with Bengals). But still- only 35 years old, I feel like everyone is trying to find "the next Sean McVay". He's one of a kind though.
Meaning McVay is one of a kind  
Leg of Theismann : 1/10/2019 10:14 pm : link
I don't know how easy it will be to find another mind like his.
Knowing Mike Brown  
Jay on the Island : 1/10/2019 10:30 pm : link
Zac Taylor was hired because he was the cheapest option.
some of these hires are just astounding  
bluepepper : 1/10/2019 10:41 pm : link
this guy's resume consists of developing Ryan Tannehil and hanging around Sean McVay for a couple of years.
RE: Knowing Mike Brown  
Anakim : 1/10/2019 10:45 pm : link
In comment 14257817 Jay on the Island said:
Quote:
Zac Taylor was hired because he was the cheapest option.


15-year run incoming
RE: Well damn  
bluepepper : 1/10/2019 10:58 pm : link
In comment 14257787 Leg of Theismann said:
Quote:
1 year as quarterback coach and now getting promoted to HC. Working for McVay certainly speaks well for people I guess.

I do see he has been an OC before but only a total of 2 years (1 year with Dolphins and 1 year with Bengals). But still- only 35 years old, I feel like everyone is trying to find "the next Sean McVay". He's one of a kind though.


He was only an OC in the NFL for a handful of games in Miami after Philbin got fired.
OC at U of Cincy not Bengals  
bluepepper : 1/10/2019 10:59 pm : link
...
Son in law....  
Ryan : 1/10/2019 11:01 pm : link
...to Mike Sherman. Maybe he'll get his FiL back in the NFL...
Does working around McVay  
robbieballs2003 : 1/10/2019 11:07 pm : link
get you a smokin' hit chick too?
He had leadership experience  
Pete in MD : 1/10/2019 11:37 pm : link
but that was 170 years ago.
RE: Knowing Mike Brown  
jeff57 : 1/11/2019 5:40 am : link
In comment 14257817 Jay on the Island said:
Quote:
Zac Taylor was hired because he was the cheapest option.


Bingo
RE: He had leadership experience  
jeff57 : 1/11/2019 5:42 am : link
In comment 14257884 Pete in MD said:
Quote:
but that was 170 years ago.


Before he ate those bad cherries.
NFL really making some interesting hires this year  
ZogZerg : 1/11/2019 6:29 am : link
will be interesting to see if any of them work out.
how are they expected to hire  
Rocky369 : 1/11/2019 7:49 am : link
someone they aren't allowed to interview yet?
RE: how are they expected to hire  
GiantGolfer : 1/11/2019 8:32 am : link
In comment 14257937 Rocky369 said:
Quote:
someone they aren't allowed to interview yet?


Werenít they allowed to interview him during the Rams playoff bye week?
were they?  
Rocky369 : 1/11/2019 8:50 am : link
I don't know. I thought they had to wait until the off week before the Super Bowl. Could be wrong.
Is McVay currently the most overhyped HC?  
Dan in the Springs : 1/11/2019 9:01 am : link
Isn't that roster one of the most talented in the NFL? Was the Redskins offense under him really that amazing?

Not sure what the hype is about, would really like to see him win a single playoff game before anointing him any better than say, Andy Reid.
RE: RE: how are they expected to hire  
Gatorade Dunk : 1/11/2019 10:10 am : link
In comment 14257968 GiantGolfer said:
Quote:
In comment 14257937 Rocky369 said:


Quote:


someone they aren't allowed to interview yet?



Werenít they allowed to interview him during the Rams playoff bye week?

Yes, assistants from the teams that are off during wild card weekend can interview during their bye.
RE: Is McVay currently the most overhyped HC?  
MetsAreBack : 1/11/2019 11:45 am : link
In comment 14257993 Dan in the Springs said:
Quote:
Isn't that roster one of the most talented in the NFL? Was the Redskins offense under him really that amazing?

Not sure what the hype is about, would really like to see him win a single playoff game before anointing him any better than say, Andy Reid.


He's done a good job, but its one thing for McVey to be a good HC... its quite another to assume that he's also done a great job grooming and developing his staff, especially since he's been there less than 2 years.

I'm very troubled by the coaching hires this year. Almost all white males, under 35 years old, rarely played at a high level themselves... how are they going to command these lockerrooms?

Second, all "offensive minded" -- lets assume they are... this just means the NFL will continue to morph towards Big 12 style football which to me is a really tough watch.
RE: RE: Is McVay currently the most overhyped HC?  
BestFeature : 1/11/2019 12:01 pm : link
In comment 14258247 MetsAreBack said:
Quote:
In comment 14257993 Dan in the Springs said:


Quote:


Isn't that roster one of the most talented in the NFL? Was the Redskins offense under him really that amazing?

Not sure what the hype is about, would really like to see him win a single playoff game before anointing him any better than say, Andy Reid.



He's done a good job, but its one thing for McVey to be a good HC... its quite another to assume that he's also done a great job grooming and developing his staff, especially since he's been there less than 2 years.

I'm very troubled by the coaching hires this year. Almost all white males, under 35 years old, rarely played at a high level themselves... how are they going to command these lockerrooms?

Second, all "offensive minded" -- lets assume they are... this just means the NFL will continue to morph towards Big 12 style football which to me is a really tough watch.


What difference does it make that they're white?
you cant be serious  
MetsAreBack : 1/11/2019 12:06 pm : link
first of all, most of the players are black. Second, the general news cycle spanning the past two years re: Kaepernick, etc.

League seems to be going backwards on diversity.
RE: you cant be serious  
jeff57 : 1/11/2019 12:12 pm : link
In comment 14258277 MetsAreBack said:
Quote:
first of all, most of the players are black. Second, the general news cycle spanning the past two years re: Kaepernick, etc.

League seems to be going backwards on diversity.


4 of the 6 black HCs gone, and no new replacements is not a great look.
RE: RE: you cant be serious  
outeiroj : 1/11/2019 1:38 pm : link
In comment 14258280 jeff57 said:
Quote:
In comment 14258277 MetsAreBack said:


Quote:


first of all, most of the players are black. Second, the general news cycle spanning the past two years re: Kaepernick, etc.

League seems to be going backwards on diversity.



4 of the 6 black HCs gone, and no new replacements is not a great look.


If they consider him the best candidate for what they want to do then the color of his skin should be irrelevant. Itís bad enough a league is forced to interview someone simply because they are a minority. Teams should be looking out for the best candidate period. Now they are being ridiculed because they arenít a minority hire. This Snowflake culture has already ruined the game and wonít stop until itís buried and dead
RE: RE: RE: you cant be serious  
jeff57 : 1/11/2019 1:41 pm : link
In comment 14258493 outeiroj said:
Quote:
In comment 14258280 jeff57 said:


Quote:


In comment 14258277 MetsAreBack said:


Quote:


first of all, most of the players are black. Second, the general news cycle spanning the past two years re: Kaepernick, etc.

League seems to be going backwards on diversity.



4 of the 6 black HCs gone, and no new replacements is not a great look.



If they consider him the best candidate for what they want to do then the color of his skin should be irrelevant. Itís bad enough a league is forced to interview someone simply because they are a minority. Teams should be looking out for the best candidate period. Now they are being ridiculed because they arenít a minority hire. This Snowflake culture has already ruined the game and wonít stop until itís buried and dead


Snowflake? Yes, very white.

If 30 of the 32 head coaches were black, and the majority of the players white, you'd be screaming.
RE: RE: RE: RE: you cant be serious  
outeiroj : 1/11/2019 1:45 pm : link
In comment 14258495 jeff57 said:
Quote:
In comment 14258493 outeiroj said:


Quote:


In comment 14258280 jeff57 said:


Quote:


In comment 14258277 MetsAreBack said:


Quote:


first of all, most of the players are black. Second, the general news cycle spanning the past two years re: Kaepernick, etc.

League seems to be going backwards on diversity.



4 of the 6 black HCs gone, and no new replacements is not a great look.



If they consider him the best candidate for what they want to do then the color of his skin should be irrelevant. Itís bad enough a league is forced to interview someone simply because they are a minority. Teams should be looking out for the best candidate period. Now they are being ridiculed because they arenít a minority hire. This Snowflake culture has already ruined the game and wonít stop until itís buried and dead



Snowflake? Yes, very white.

If 30 of the 32 head coaches were black, and the majority of the players white, you'd be screaming.


Actually I wouldnít, because the color of someoneís skill is irrelevant to me, results are the only thing that matter
Back to the Corner