Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

NFT: Knicks Game Thread - Knicks vs. Pacers

adamg : 1/11/2019 7:38 pm
Starters:
Mudiay
Hardaway
Knox
Vonleh
Kornet

Looking forward to Sabonis crushing us again...
Remember when this used to be a rivalry?  
Mike from SI : 1/11/2019 7:40 pm : link
Sigh. I haven't read the below article yet, but I assume it's stuff Knicks fans already know.
Link - ( New Window )
Kanter: DNP Too Many Burgers.  
bceagle05 : 1/11/2019 7:43 pm : link
.
RE: Kanter: DNP Too Many Burgers.  
adamg : 1/11/2019 7:45 pm : link
In comment 14259010 bceagle05 said:
Quote:
.


I saw that vid too. I get that pro athletes do things differently but that was gross. 40k calorie cheat day... ugh
Three possessions and not even a shot yet  
adamg : 1/11/2019 7:48 pm : link
.
God we suck.  
bceagle05 : 1/11/2019 7:54 pm : link
.
RE: RE: Kanter: DNP Too Many Burgers.  
nygiants16 : 1/11/2019 7:55 pm : link
In comment 14259012 adamg said:
Quote:
In comment 14259010 bceagle05 said:


Quote:


.



I saw that vid too. I get that pro athletes do things differently but that was gross. 40k calorie cheat day... ugh


have you ever seen the rocks cheat day?
RE: RE: RE: Kanter: DNP Too Many Burgers.  
adamg : 1/11/2019 8:00 pm : link
In comment 14259024 nygiants16 said:
Quote:

have you ever seen the rocks cheat day?


No. Is it bad?
Trier with the rejection  
adamg : 1/11/2019 8:02 pm : link
.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Kanter: DNP Too Many Burgers.  
nygiants16 : 1/11/2019 8:04 pm : link
In comment 14259030 adamg said:
Quote:
In comment 14259024 nygiants16 said:


Quote:



have you ever seen the rocks cheat day?



No. Is it bad?


it is every sunday, 12 pancakes, a shit ton of sushi, like 10 cookies, not sure what he has for lunch but yeah
for a rookie  
nygiants16 : 1/11/2019 8:05 pm : link
trier is strong when he goes to the rim, he rarely gets knocked off when he gets bumped
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Kanter: DNP Too Many Burgers.  
nygiants16 : 1/11/2019 8:07 pm : link
In comment 14259033 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
In comment 14259030 adamg said:


Quote:


In comment 14259024 nygiants16 said:


Quote:



have you ever seen the rocks cheat day?



No. Is it bad?



it is every sunday, 12 pancakes, a shit ton of sushi, like 10 cookies, not sure what he has for lunch but yeah


4 double dough pizzas
If it works for him...  
adamg : 1/11/2019 8:09 pm : link
Sounds grueling to have to eat all that...
RE: If it works for him...  
nygiants16 : 1/11/2019 8:11 pm : link
In comment 14259037 adamg said:
Quote:
Sounds grueling to have to eat all that...


when you workout like he does and as clean as he eats he can do it...

On normal days he is probably eatijg 7 meals...

the craziest eating i ever saw was michael phelps
RE: RE: If it works for him...  
adamg : 1/11/2019 8:14 pm : link
In comment 14259038 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
In comment 14259037 adamg said:


Quote:


Sounds grueling to have to eat all that...



when you workout like he does and as clean as he eats he can do it...

On normal days he is probably eatijg 7 meals...

the craziest eating i ever saw was michael phelps


Same. His breakfast was insane.
Trier with good D  
adamg : 1/11/2019 8:16 pm : link
to close out the quarter
I thought Trier drew the foul there  
adamg : 1/11/2019 8:20 pm : link
Trier is looking really good.,
Does he really do that every Sunday?  
robbieballs2003 : 1/11/2019 8:20 pm : link
I saw he did that once after 150 days straight of his strict diet.
RE: Does he really do that every Sunday?  
nygiants16 : 1/11/2019 8:21 pm : link
In comment 14259045 robbieballs2003 said:
Quote:
I saw he did that once after 150 days straight of his strict diet.


when he is prepping for a movie it as after he is done filming, if he is not prepping it is every sunday
what a horseshit call  
nygiants16 : 1/11/2019 8:26 pm : link
..
Timmy with a couple of tres  
adamg : 1/11/2019 8:34 pm : link
.
Dotson looking like himself again  
bceagle05 : 1/11/2019 8:41 pm : link
after that shoulder injury derailed him a bit.
Knox knocks one down  
adamg : 1/11/2019 8:41 pm : link
.
That escalated quickly.  
bceagle05 : 1/11/2019 8:43 pm : link
.
Odalipo  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 1/11/2019 8:44 pm : link
Is so fucking good.
Nice to hear the ESPN guys saying the Knicks  
adamg : 1/11/2019 8:54 pm : link
could be a playoff team next year.

God damn if we can dump Hardaway and land Zion and Durant... that would be so sweet.
Could they package TImmy with Vonleh to dump him?  
adamg : 1/11/2019 8:58 pm : link
Teams seem to be very high on Vonleh...
KD is going to be a Knick this summer.  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 1/11/2019 9:01 pm : link
I'm already stoked. Get Zion or a top college prospect. A healthy KP. Knox.

HELL YEAH!
If Knicks canít get Zion  
Earl the goat : 1/11/2019 9:06 pm : link
Iíd take Ja Morant. The kid has great skills. Iíd compare him to DeAron Fox

Hardaway  
Earl the goat : 1/11/2019 9:08 pm : link
Just sucks and refuses to pass

Perry would be a magician if he can rid us of Lee and Hardaway
People  
AcidTest : 1/11/2019 9:08 pm : link
have been saying for years that the Knicks are just a few players away from being a playoff contender. We'll hear it next year as well. They are not good.
RE: People  
nygiants16 : 1/11/2019 9:12 pm : link
In comment 14259082 AcidTest said:
Quote:
have been saying for years that the Knicks are just a few players away from being a playoff contender. We'll hear it next year as well. They are not good.


this team would be completely different with just a healthy kp
Dotson hitting some shots now  
adamg : 1/11/2019 9:15 pm : link
.
RE: KD is going to be a Knick this summer.  
nygiants16 : 1/11/2019 9:16 pm : link
In comment 14259072 SFGFNCGiantsFan said:
Quote:
I'm already stoked. Get Zion or a top college prospect. A healthy KP. Knox.

HELL YEAH!


apparantley triers mom was on a podcast aaked if kd was coming and her response "no comment"
RE: People  
nygiants16 : 1/11/2019 9:17 pm : link
In comment 14259082 AcidTest said:
Quote:
have been saying for years that the Knicks are just a few players away from being a playoff contender. We'll hear it next year as well. They are not good.


You think if the knicks added just durant you dont think they are a playoff team?
Trier's mom?  
adamg : 1/11/2019 9:17 pm : link
What the hell. There's way too much media nowadays...
RE: Trier's mom?  
nygiants16 : 1/11/2019 9:19 pm : link
In comment 14259090 adamg said:
Quote:
What the hell. There's way too much media nowadays...


triers family and durant are very very close
Lance wound up and released that three  
adamg : 1/11/2019 9:19 pm : link
And I loled. What a horrible shot he has...
RE: RE: Trier's mom?  
adamg : 1/11/2019 9:20 pm : link
In comment 14259094 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
In comment 14259090 adamg said:


Quote:


What the hell. There's way too much media nowadays...



triers family and durant are very very close


Oh wow. I didn't know that.
Derrick richardson  
nygiants16 : 1/11/2019 9:20 pm : link
has made so many calls for indiana oladipo thought he was a teammate
Great  
AcidTest : 1/11/2019 9:20 pm : link
pass. HAHAHA.
Another  
AcidTest : 1/11/2019 9:24 pm : link
great pass.
What a bad team!  
PhilSimms15 : 1/11/2019 9:33 pm : link
I knew the Knicks would be bad, but they canít even stay in games. Over the past couple of weeks, the games have been over by halftime.

And Knox has been terrible since he won rookie of the month. His plus/minus stats have to be at the bottom of the league. -22 tonight so far.

This season canít end soon enough and at some point the Knicksí luck has to change. I hope.
114  
AcidTest : 1/11/2019 9:50 pm : link
points with more than three and a half minutes remaining.
Nobody dominates garbage time  
bceagle05 : 1/11/2019 9:57 pm : link
quite like Mario Hezonja.
Only 40 games to go!  
bceagle05 : 1/11/2019 10:29 pm : link
This will all be over soon. Hopefully we trade/waive a couple of vets and grab an extra second rounder or two in the process.
I would not be shocked  
nygiants16 : 1/12/2019 7:58 am : link
if chauncey billups either joins the coaching staff or works under perry, he always talks up the knicks
RE: I would not be shocked  
Earl the goat : 1/12/2019 9:02 am : link
In comment 14259212 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
if chauncey billups either joins the coaching staff or works under perry, he always talks up the knicks


Yep. You are right. Both him and Pierce are on the Knicks bandwagon for next year
Season over, time to dump the roster  
PhilSimms15 : 1/12/2019 10:53 am : link
Three weeks from the tradeline and youíd have to assume the Knicks doors will not only be wide open for business but will conducting a fire sale.

Clearly Kanter will be gone some way, either a trade or a buy-out. And there are a number of guys on one year contractís will be very difficult to resign if the Knicks want to maximize cap space.

Burke, Mudiay, Vonleh, Mario. They could probably get second round picks for Mudiay and Burke, possibly a protected first for Vonleh and a bucket of golf balls for Mario.

Then the Knicks pray that they have their first lottery luck since 1986.
I have no special insight but I think they plan to keep some  
Del Shofner : 1/12/2019 11:39 am : link
of the guys you're suggesting they'll unload. Mudiay and Vonleh for example. Also (as subs not starters) Dotson and Kornet. I think the keepers are:

KP
Knox
Vonleh
Robinson
Mudiay
Dotson
Kornet
Frank
Trier

Agree that the rest will or should be gone.

Del, depends if they want to maximize cap space  
PhilSimms15 : 1/12/2019 2:32 pm : link
If they want to maximize their cap space to the highest number, all the players I listed, including Mudiay and Vonleh have to be renounced. Iíd they donít the players have cap holds that would prevent maximizing the cap space.

Having said that, if they love any player, they can keep him and just have less money to pursue free agents. Vonleh, for example has a cap hold of $1.6m. Mudiay however, has a cap hold of $12.9m.
Duke at Florida St. right now on ESPN.  
bceagle05 : 1/12/2019 2:48 pm : link
The big three are all playing very well, though Barrett has to pass the ball every now and then. Good test against an experienced, ranked team.
RE: Duke at Florida St. right now on ESPN.  
adamg : 1/12/2019 4:14 pm : link
In comment 14259564 bceagle05 said:
Quote:
The big three are all playing very well, though Barrett has to pass the ball every now and then. Good test against an experienced, ranked team.


Turned it on for the last three minutes. Exciting finish no matter which way it goes. Looks like it should be Duke's ball underneath the basket down 1 with 2.6 left.
RE: Del, depends if they want to maximize cap space  
Del Shofner : 1/12/2019 4:21 pm : link
In comment 14259552 PhilSimms15 said:
Quote:
If they want to maximize their cap space to the highest number, all the players I listed, including Mudiay and Vonleh have to be renounced. Iíd they donít the players have cap holds that would prevent maximizing the cap space.

Having said that, if they love any player, they can keep him and just have less money to pursue free agents. Vonleh, for example has a cap hold of $1.6m. Mudiay however, has a cap hold of $12.9m.


OK, didn't realize Mudiay's cap hold was so large.
Reddish with the buzzer beating three to take the lead  
adamg : 1/12/2019 4:21 pm : link
by 2
Reddish with the game-winner!  
bceagle05 : 1/12/2019 4:24 pm : link
Zion got poked in the eye and didn't play in the second half. Reddish and Barrett stepped up and played great. Nice to see them spread their wings like that - feel much better about the top of the draft after seeing it.
Dook needs a bad call and a buzzer beater  
Greg from LI : 1/12/2019 4:54 pm : link
to beat a team UVA annihilated

😂
Lost in all the games today is another NYK loss  
The_Boss : 1/13/2019 3:45 pm : link
@ home vs the Sixers.

Viva la tank.
Knox is gonna be  
Phil in LA : 1/13/2019 3:58 pm : link
so good.
RE: Lost in all the games today is another NYK loss  
adamg : 1/13/2019 3:58 pm : link
In comment 14261167 The_Boss said:
Quote:
@ home vs the Sixers.

Viva la tank.


bceagle and I chatted a bit in the Porzingis thread.

Knox had a great game.
Back to the Corner