Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

NGT - Good read about the Patriots preparation.

bw in dc : 2/1/2019 12:42 pm
Love the thinking about the best way to get the ball to the official during a hurry-up situation. Don't assume the referee can catch the ball. Sprint to the ref and hand him the ball so time isn't wasted.


Pats Central - ( New Window )
BB is a master @ preparation.  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 2/1/2019 12:47 pm : link
Simply the best. GOAT.
Not a lot of sentimentality...  
bw in dc : 2/1/2019 12:53 pm : link
in the world of Bill Belichick.
That was a good read  
figgy2989 : 2/1/2019 1:00 pm : link
Simms' quote at the end sums it up perfectly:

Quote:
“When I go and spend time with them at practice, I always walk away going, ‘Well, I know why they win,’ ” Simms says. “When I go to another team, I go, ‘Uh, that’s why they are where they are, looking for another coach every third year and never winning a lot of games.’ ”
Key concept...  
Go Terps : 2/1/2019 1:35 pm : link
"the discipline not to be seduced by talent and to bring in only the most intelligent players preloaded with work ethic"

Reminds of a Belichick quote: "We aren't accumulating talent. We're building a team."
Belichick is the best coach I've ever seen  
PaulBlakeTSU : 2/1/2019 1:37 pm : link
football brilliance and an obsessed commitment to logistical efficiency.

The players are always prepared, they always know what their jobs are, and they are always held accountable.

As great as Tom Brady is-- and he's great-- football teams in an age built for parity don't have the incomprehensible success day in and day out that they do just because they have an all-time great QB.

The offensive line is a perfect example of that. I'm told that OLine success is not just about talent level, but about communication, chemistry, and a total understanding of working as one. The job that offensive line does in protecting Brady every single year is unbelievable.

He slides in the pocket well and gets rid of the ball fast-- but to not be sacked at all this postseason against the D-lines they faced is insane.

I am in awe of Belichick.
And yet they still cheat  
Jimmy Googs : 2/1/2019 1:45 pm : link
:-)
Yeah they cheat and  
Stan in LA : 2/1/2019 2:17 pm : link
Could not beat the Giants, TWICE.

So there's that.
RE: And yet they still cheat  
bw in dc : 2/1/2019 2:33 pm : link
In comment 14283668 Jimmy Googs said:
Quote:
:-)


If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying...

I find so much of the "-gates" associated with the Patriots to be such red-herrings.

Jimmy Johnson, on SpyGate, said he did exactly what Belichick did with taping signals. And added that almost every team - at least those who care about trying to win - do the same thing. Interesting, too, how it was Eric "the rate" Magini coming forward to tattle-tale on BB.

I've watched that Rams-Pats SB in 2002 probably a dozen times. The Pats didn't win because they knew the Rams plays by spying on them in New Orleans. The won because they tackled superbly on D, the Rams receivers had some key drops (and some of that because the Pats were beating the hell out of the receivers), the got great pressure on Warner, who, btw, was playing with a very badly injured thumb that clearly impacted his throws, and they had familiarity from playing them earlier that year at Foxboro (where they only lost 24-17, and beat the piss out of Warner).

But because the Rams failed to repeat and couldn't get it done against the long-shot, upstart Patriots, this myth is created as an excuse.

The Eagles tried the same non-sense, too, a few years later. Perhaps if Reid didn't get obsessed with the pass, it could have been a different story. McNabb throw 50+ times, and in a fairly tight game...

And how silly was DelfateGate? The Pats have played in 3 SBs since (won 2) and continue to have some of the lowest turnover margins in the NFL. Just another bullsh-t stroy whipped up by many in the league sick with jealousy.
RE: RE: And yet they still cheat  
BillKo : 2/1/2019 3:06 pm : link
In comment 14283756 bw in dc said:
Quote:
And how silly was DelfateGate? The Pats have played in 3 SBs since (won 2) and continue to have some of the lowest turnover margins in the NFL. Just another bullsh-t stroy whipped up by many in the league sick with jealousy.


I don't think it was silly at all...they clearly were cheating.

I think what it proves is, then didn't really have to do it. They're a terrific group. But, in their minds at the time, they were looking for any advantage they could. So they did it. And got caught.

People/teams/organizations sometimes make bad decisions that they really don't have to make, but do it anyway.

Just for calibration...  
DonQuixote : 2/1/2019 3:35 pm : link
The NE Patriots have only drafted twice in the top ten of the draft for the past two decades. In five of those years, the Patriots did not have a first round pick at all.

Yet, we think life hinges on getting the best value of the 6th pick in the draft or we are doomed for years, sigh.

All 8  
Les in TO : 2/1/2019 4:17 pm : link
Of their Super Bowls in the BB era have been decided by a touchdown or less. They are a dynasty without having won blowout Super Bowls like the cowboys in the 90s or the 49ers in the 80s because they find that slight edge preparation and attention to detail not because of only talent. MBA schools should do a case study on their culture
10-Year-Old Wins Science Fair By Proving Tom Brady Is A Cheater  
since1925 : 2/1/2019 4:20 pm : link
It's science.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLc_14ILfDk
10-Year-Old Kid Won A Science Fair By Proving Tom Brady Is A Cheater  
since1925 : 2/1/2019 4:21 pm : link
It's science.
Cheater - ( New Window )
RE: RE: And yet they still cheat  
Ssanders9816 : 2/1/2019 4:34 pm : link
In comment 14283756 bw in dc said:
Quote:
In comment 14283668 Jimmy Googs said:


Quote:


:-)



If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying...

I find so much of the "-gates" associated with the Patriots to be such red-herrings.

Jimmy Johnson, on SpyGate, said he did exactly what Belichick did with taping signals. And added that almost every team - at least those who care about trying to win - do the same thing. Interesting, too, how it was Eric "the rate" Magini coming forward to tattle-tale on BB.

I've watched that Rams-Pats SB in 2002 probably a dozen times. The Pats didn't win because they knew the Rams plays by spying on them in New Orleans. The won because they tackled superbly on D, the Rams receivers had some key drops (and some of that because the Pats were beating the hell out of the receivers), the got great pressure on Warner, who, btw, was playing with a very badly injured thumb that clearly impacted his throws, and they had familiarity from playing them earlier that year at Foxboro (where they only lost 24-17, and beat the piss out of Warner).

But because the Rams failed to repeat and couldn't get it done against the long-shot, upstart Patriots, this myth is created as an excuse.

The Eagles tried the same non-sense, too, a few years later. Perhaps if Reid didn't get obsessed with the pass, it could have been a different story. McNabb throw 50+ times, and in a fairly tight game...

And how silly was DelfateGate? The Pats have played in 3 SBs since (won 2) and continue to have some of the lowest turnover margins in the NFL. Just another bullsh-t stroy whipped up by many in the league sick with jealousy.


Exactly
after reading the article  
jcp56 : 2/1/2019 6:00 pm : link
you should be able to glean why Gettlemen got rid of Apple, Flowers, and maybe even Harrison.
RE: Just for calibration...  
jeffusedtobeonwebtv : 2/1/2019 7:25 pm : link
In comment 14283846 DonQuixote said:
Quote:
The NE Patriots have only drafted twice in the top ten of the draft for the past two decades. In five of those years, the Patriots did not have a first round pick at all.

Yet, we think life hinges on getting the best value of the 6th pick in the draft or we are doomed for years, sigh.


Well said. And to think there were some, make that many, in this group who were rooting for the team they supposedly care about not only to lose their last game, but to lose it to the hated cowturds. All to get the 6th pick.


It's not like the second pick where you can get LT or Barkley. The last time they had a 6th pick they drafted Cedric Jones, a defensive lineman blind in one eye!
Yup, but it’s really all about Belichick  
trueblueinpw : 2/1/2019 8:59 pm : link
He’s the best. If anyone here hasn’t already read the Halberstam book on Belichick then I recomend it. Brady is great, no doubt about, and Kraft gets his due too. But you take Hoodie out of the equation and they’re just another NFL team. Belichcik’s the best there ever was in the NFL.
Back to the Corner