Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

NFT: NBA News: Wall ruptures achilles

dep026 : 2/5/2019 1:27 pm
while at home. He was out for the year anyways, but this will probably keep him out for the majority of 2020 year as well.

Not a good time to be a Wiz fan.
That's a shame  
RomanWH : 2/5/2019 1:30 pm : link
Will probably affect his athletic ability after he comes back too.
And he will still make $38M  
Ssanders9816 : 2/5/2019 1:32 pm : link
Not too shabby
the NBA CBA  
Enzo : 2/5/2019 1:48 pm : link
remains a joke. The only reason he was eligible for the super max was because he made 3rd team all nba one time. There is no path to contention for the Wizards while this contract is on their books. Teams should pay a price for not being smart with contracts...but in the NBA you feel the most pain.
Time for Wiz to begin  
Metnut : 2/5/2019 1:50 pm : link
the "process." By the time Wall's contract is up, they might be a desirable destination. 2024 isn't that far away!
Random question  
Ssanders9816 : 2/5/2019 2:01 pm : link
What if Wall was found to be doing something “risky” while tearing his ACL? Will they look into this? Say a player gets injured rock climbing or something stupid, is a team still on the hook for their guaranteed money? Or is there some type of settlement?
wiz are screwed...  
Italianju : 2/5/2019 2:01 pm : link
I really like Beal but they arent getting fair value for him when he makes 25 mill. Otto is fine but is paid about twice what he is worth. They have no assets. But hey they turned a talented young player into Trevor Ariza for some reason! I live in the area so i watch/root for them at times (i mean knicks are usually out of it by the turn of the year). They are not well run, actually remind me a lot of the knicks.
His contact...  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 2/5/2019 2:05 pm : link
Yikes!
RE: Random question  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 2/5/2019 2:06 pm : link
In comment 14288075 Ssanders9816 said:
Quote:
What if Wall was found to be doing something “risky” while tearing his ACL? Will they look into this? Say a player gets injured rock climbing or something stupid, is a team still on the hook for their guaranteed money? Or is there some type of settlement?


My first thought was that it was party related. Wall is known to be a big time partier. Obviously this is just speculation on my part.
RE: wiz are screwed...  
Enzo : 2/5/2019 2:12 pm : link
In comment 14288076 Italianju said:
Quote:
I really like Beal but they arent getting fair value for him when he makes 25 mill. Otto is fine but is paid about twice what he is worth. They have no assets. But hey they turned a talented young player into Trevor Ariza for some reason! I live in the area so i watch/root for them at times (i mean knicks are usually out of it by the turn of the year). They are not well run, actually remind me a lot of the knicks.

I think they could get a lot for Beal - especially this summer.
RE: RE: Random question  
Ssanders9816 : 2/5/2019 2:14 pm : link
In comment 14288087 SFGFNCGiantsFan said:
Quote:
In comment 14288075 Ssanders9816 said:


Quote:


What if Wall was found to be doing something “risky” while tearing his ACL? Will they look into this? Say a player gets injured rock climbing or something stupid, is a team still on the hook for their guaranteed money? Or is there some type of settlement?



My first thought was that it was party related. Wall is known to be a big time partier. Obviously this is just speculation on my part.


Right, what if that’s the case? Of course he’s going to say “accident at home” but what if it’s not?
I remember doing a deep dive on how bad the wizards and bullets  
djm : 2/5/2019 2:54 pm : link
Have been for such a long time. I probably posted it here about 3-4 years ago. There isn’t a shittier nba franchise since the 80s and it’s really not even close. They finally started showing signs of life here about 2-3-4 years back, probably what sparked my post back then, and i remember saying how vulnerable that franchise was to bad luck and just bad everything. Status quo it would seem.
it's amazing  
Enzo : 2/5/2019 2:57 pm : link
Grunfeld has been there so long.
RE: RE: RE: Random question  
Mad Mike : 2/5/2019 3:01 pm : link
In comment 14288102 Ssanders9816 said:
Quote:
Right, what if that’s the case? Of course he’s going to say “accident at home” but what if it’s not?

Something like rock climbing would be prohibited in his contract, and they could probably terminate his contract altogether. (Like when Aaron Boone tore up his knee playing basketball, and the Yanks terminated his deal).

I doubt the team has any recourse if simply slipped while drunk, unless it was something egregious, like getting drunk and jumping off a roof or something dumb like that.
Feel  
AcidTest : 2/5/2019 4:26 pm : link
sorry for him. Wish him the best.
RE: it's amazing  
Mdgiantsfan : 2/5/2019 6:47 pm : link
In comment 14288169 Enzo said:
Quote:
Grunfeld has been there so long.


Unbelievable that he’s still calling the shots 🤦🏾‍♂️ As aggressive is Leonsis is with the Caps, he’s totally opposite with the Bullets.

We have max or near max contracts in Wall, Beal, and Porter. While I don’t bemoan the first two (although this injury is horrific for a speed based PG that struggles to shoot), Porter is not worth his contract. We need to dump that contract ala Juwan Howard’s contract back in the day and hope we get lucky in the lottery (top 5).
Back to the Corner