Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

David Morris likes Eli

Alan in Toledo : 2/9/2019 4:50 pm
It's his business to know, n'est pas?
Link - ( New Window )
So a guy who was his college teammate cheerleads for him  
Greg from LI : 2/9/2019 4:53 pm : link
Good enough for me
His opinion is definitely 100%  
Strahan91 : 2/9/2019 4:55 pm : link
impartial.
Who wouldn't like Eli  
Jimmy Googs : 2/9/2019 5:01 pm : link
he's very likeable...
We continue to argue  
LakeGeorgeGiant : 2/9/2019 5:01 pm : link
about the wrong thing.

It's not about Eli's ability or lack thereof, the point is that either way he is 38 and at the end of his contract. Either way somebody else will be under center very soon.


This argument made sense 4 years ago.
RE: We continue to argue  
Cool Down : 2/9/2019 5:14 pm : link
In comment 14291784 LakeGeorgeGiant said:
Quote:
about the wrong thing.

It's not about Eli's ability or lack thereof, the point is that either way he is 38 and at the end of his contract. Either way somebody else will be under center very soon.


This argument made sense 4 years ago.


Isn't Eli under contract for next season
Couldn't they extend him in some way so that he's available to play in 2020 with a drafted rookie QB on board
My guess if we draft a guy at 6 Eli plays out his contract  
eli4life : 2/9/2019 5:25 pm : link
If not I can see a small extension but what do I know
Brees is 40 Brady is 41  
Cool Down : 2/9/2019 5:30 pm : link
I can't wait to see, hear and feel the meltdown on BBI if Eli is still the # 1 QB for The Giants in '20, '21 and '22.
I wonder if Brees and Brady will still be active in those years.
Hmmmm....  
bw in dc : 2/9/2019 5:58 pm : link
“I see a guy that can play at the highest level. I think he’s as good as he’s ever been...”

- David Morris, aka Rod Serling
RE: Who wouldn't like Eli  
dep026 : 2/9/2019 6:02 pm : link
In comment 14291783 Jimmy Googs said:
Quote:
he's very likeable...


Memorabilia collectors?
RE: Hmmmm....  
JCin332 : 2/9/2019 6:19 pm : link
In comment 14291807 bw in dc said:
Quote:
“I see a guy that can play at the highest level. I think he’s as good as he’s ever been...”

- David Morris, aka Rod Serling


It's ironic you quote Rod Serling since your bullshit Jints Central narrative and calling Peyton pussy manning are straight out of the fucking Twilight Zone...
He’s right about Eli.  
BBelle21 : 2/9/2019 6:55 pm : link
So of course he’ll be mocked
How is it possible?  
GoBlue6599 : 2/9/2019 7:38 pm : link
In The game of football QB play is huge determining factor on whether or not you win or lose.. Somehow the Giants have a QB “still playing at the highest of levels” but yet they won 5 games this year and 3 the year before that. They haven’t won the division or a playoff game in 8 seasons
Something is not adding up
RE: How is it possible?  
Bill L : 2/9/2019 7:47 pm : link
In comment 14291847 GoBlue6599 said:
Quote:
In The game of football QB play is huge determining factor on whether or not you win or lose.. Somehow the Giants have a QB “still playing at the highest of levels” but yet they won 5 games this year and 3 the year before that. They haven’t won the division or a playoff game in 8 seasons
Something is not adding up


1.9%

(Hint: not all math is addition. Next year they’ll probably cover that)
RE: Brees is 40 Brady is 41  
LauderdaleMatty : 2/10/2019 12:55 am : link
In comment 14291803 Cool Down said:
Quote:
I can't wait to see, hear and feel the meltdown on BBI if Eli is still the # 1 QB for The Giants in '20, '21 and '22.
I wonder if Brees and Brady will still be active in those years.


Eli had a great statistical year. That’s all his bashers usedrk whine about. Too many INTs. His completion %. Now it’s he’s the worst QB in the NFL. Meanwhile the fallacy that you have to spend a top 10 pick to win is that. I don’t give a shit how they figure it all our. Win.

The funny part is the same people who want Eli out are mostly the same people who would sign out Mr Mediocre Nick Foles who was drafted in what round? And will most likely cost more than Eli after this year. Brilliance
...  
Eric from BBI : Admin : 2/10/2019 8:29 am : link
"Blue Horseshoe Loves Anacott Steel"
RE: RE: Brees is 40 Brady is 41  
Zeke's Alibi : 2/10/2019 8:50 am : link
In comment 14292125 LauderdaleMatty said:
Quote:
In comment 14291803 Cool Down said:


Quote:


I can't wait to see, hear and feel the meltdown on BBI if Eli is still the # 1 QB for The Giants in '20, '21 and '22.
I wonder if Brees and Brady will still be active in those years.



Eli had a great statistical year. That’s all his bashers usedrk whine about. Too many INTs. His completion %. Now it’s he’s the worst QB in the NFL. Meanwhile the fallacy that you have to spend a top 10 pick to win is that. I don’t give a shit how they figure it all our. Win.

The funny part is the same people who want Eli out are mostly the same people who would sign out Mr Mediocre Nick Foles who was drafted in what round? And will most likely cost more than Eli after this year. Brilliance


Eli did not have a "great" statistical year. Sure he may have had a great statistical year in 1996 metrics but definitely not 2018. His stats land him at best mediocre and his QBR is one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL.
Eli had a great statistical year? Says who? This ain’t 1985 anymore  
GoBlue6599 : 2/10/2019 9:05 am : link
Eli stats suck and the Giants won 5 games
5 wins all year. 3 against backup QBs.  
Jimmy Googs : 2/10/2019 9:13 am : link
In the end, these are all the numbers & stats you need to assess what's going on...
C'mon you're better than the moronic backup  
JCin332 : 2/10/2019 11:44 am : link
QB argument...if anything that's a further indictment on how bad the defense was since said backups don't play defense...

As said ad nauseam and frankly not disputable the offense was better in the 2nd half when the OL somewhat stabilized...

They put up some big numbers on some pretty good defenses...
Of course I can, but its not needed  
Jimmy Googs : 2/10/2019 11:53 am : link
My point is the team (and the whole team) isn't beating anybody and isn't going anywhere. The record and how they got it shows all you need.

You can point all you want to a couple of games and some part looking better or some looking worse, or what they did at the end of the year versus the beginning. It its just kind of crap...
RE: Of course I can, but its not needed  
dep026 : 2/10/2019 12:03 pm : link
In comment 14292276 Jimmy Googs said:
Quote:
My point is the team (and the whole team) isn't beating anybody and isn't going anywhere. The record and how they got it shows all you need.

You can point all you want to a couple of games and some part looking better or some looking worse, or what they did at the end of the year versus the beginning. It its just kind of crap...


So hypothetically, we shouldn’t be excited how Engram ended the year? Cause I thought he looked pretty damn good.

I think clarification should be needed. I think we should be excited how the offense performed at the end of the year. Regardless of who the QB is... I think the excitement part should come from once the OLine became average.... we played pretty damn wel on offense.
RE: Eli had a great statistical year? Says who? This ain’t 1985 anymore  
PetesHereNow : 2/10/2019 1:00 pm : link
In comment 14292183 GoBlue6599 said:
Quote:
Eli stats suck and the Giants won 5 games


Yep, all of football can be blamed on the quarterback.

Doesn’t matter that Curtis Riley was our starting free safety.
Doesn’t matter that Chad Wheeler was our starting right tackle.
Doesn’t matter that our all world 1st round running back had to make multiple guys miss on every carry for half the year.

It surely does not matter that our defense ranked in the bottom in pass rush effectiveness, or that the defense still can’t guard tight ends over the midddle.

None of that shit matters. Eli, who granted is on the backside of a great career, should have been able to carry this situation to victory?

Do you realize how stupid the whole “wins” argument sounds?
RE: So a guy who was his college teammate cheerleads for him  
Alan in Toledo : 2/10/2019 5:34 pm : link
In comment 14291778 Greg from LI said:
Quote:
Good enough for me


Ah, the there's nobody with integrity crowd speaks up.
RE: RE: So a guy who was his college teammate cheerleads for him  
Zeke's Alibi : 2/10/2019 5:41 pm : link
In comment 14292510 Alan in Toledo said:
Quote:
In comment 14291778 Greg from LI said:


Quote:


Good enough for me



Ah, the there's nobody with integrity crowd speaks up.


You honestly don't think that affects his objectiveness?
This is from his coaching clinic website for Christsakes  
Zeke's Alibi : 2/10/2019 5:43 pm : link
" He earned a scholarship with Ole Miss after his true freshman year. Eli Manning was also in that year’s signing class so there’s no need to get into career statistics. Morris was a four-year travel roommate with Mannning and the two have remained close friends."
How about Tony Romo?  
PetesHereNow : 2/10/2019 5:47 pm : link
Would he be a more objective source?


Link - ( New Window )
RE: How about Tony Romo?  
Zeke's Alibi : 2/10/2019 5:54 pm : link
In comment 14292520 PetesHereNow said:
Quote:
Would he be a more objective source?
Link - ( New Window )


Well a hell of a lot more than his good friend. It's not hard to believe that Romo has a soft spot for Eli and wouldn't want to bad mouth him as a former peer though.
The NFL QB club is a very tight knit group and  
Zeke's Alibi : 2/10/2019 5:56 pm : link
you aren't going to see guys knock each other in the same peer group. Most guys take the anti-Tiki approach.
True, Romo would not likely badmouth Eli  
PetesHereNow : 2/10/2019 6:09 pm : link
But he basically said what I have been saying for the last 2-3 seasons. Eli can still play well enough. The team stinks, as a whole.
RE: True, Romo would not likely badmouth Eli  
Cool Down : 2/10/2019 6:54 pm : link
In comment 14292532 PetesHereNow said:
Quote:
But he basically said what I have been saying for the last 2-3 seasons. Eli can still play well enough. The team stinks, as a whole.


Yes. It's a TEAM GAME. When will this sink in to the rest of BBI.
RE: RE: Of course I can, but its not needed  
Jimmy Googs : 2/10/2019 8:14 pm : link
In comment 14292284 dep026 said:
Quote:
In comment 14292276 Jimmy Googs said:


Quote:


My point is the team (and the whole team) isn't beating anybody and isn't going anywhere. The record and how they got it shows all you need.

You can point all you want to a couple of games and some part looking better or some looking worse, or what they did at the end of the year versus the beginning. It its just kind of crap...



So hypothetically, we shouldn’t be excited how Engram ended the year? Cause I thought he looked pretty damn good.

I think clarification should be needed. I think we should be excited how the offense performed at the end of the year. Regardless of who the QB is... I think the excitement part should come from once the OLine became average.... we played pretty damn wel on offense.


I don't feel it, at least not Excited. Sorry to bring it down a few notches, but would not be surprised at all to see more struggles on the Oline to begin next season as we continue that transition from bad to something else.

I don't think Eli and Engram have a good rapport...they are not on the same page. There are as many if not more miscommunications as there are big plays. I think a different kind of QB gets more out of this guy.

OBJ, Shep, Engram, Barkley and a QB should be Exciting...why aren't we?
Uhh because they can't win in the trenches...  
JCin332 : 2/10/2019 8:24 pm : link
you can have all the shiny skill position players in the world but if your OL gets dominated every week your offense will not be exciting...

RE: Uhh because they can't win in the trenches...  
Jimmy Googs : 2/10/2019 8:28 pm : link
In comment 14292648 JCin332 said:
Quote:
you can have all the shiny skill position players in the world but if your OL gets dominated every week your offense will not be exciting...


Yep...I agree. Its not exciting yet. The pieces upfront and the guy under center still need to change to get to "exciting"...
Back to the Corner