Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

NFT: BBI, are ya watching the Grammy Awards?

Beezer : 2/10/2019 9:16 pm
My wife reeeeeeally wanted to so Imin the room with it on. Mostly painful.

Haven’t watched the whole thing. But at least Post Malone on stage with the Chili Peppers was fun. And while I wish some of the hacks who sang during the Dolly medley, at least Dolly was really great. Sidebar: not a country music fan so I had to look up the brunette with the great voice from Little Big Town. I now have a new crush. Hubba hubba.

Who’s watching? What do you hate? What do you like?
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Brandi’s a throwback.  
Beezer : 2/10/2019 10:51 pm : link
Ok. Ok.

Very nice.
Brandi Carlisle.  
Beezer : 2/10/2019 10:54 pm : link
Part one Indigo Girl. Part K.D. Lang?

Impressive.
I kept think Belinda Carlisle lol  
Ssanders9816 : 2/10/2019 10:55 pm : link
Ooo Heaven is a Place on Earth
RE: Brandi’s a throwback.  
Del Shofner : 2/10/2019 10:56 pm : link
In comment 14292846 Beezer said:
Quote:
Ok. Ok.

Very nice.


Very.
Gonna have to look into  
Beezer : 2/10/2019 11:01 pm : link
this Brandi Carlisle. lol
Get the feeling these two young women  
Beezer : 2/10/2019 11:03 pm : link
might be pretty good at opera.
Cardi B actually won a Grammy  
Anakim : 2/10/2019 11:04 pm : link
What a world...
Say what you want about Cardi B  
Anakim : 2/10/2019 11:07 pm : link
She's real. What you see is what you get. Call her ghetto or whatever, but she doesn't change for anyone. It's actually refreshing to see.

Better than most of the disingenuous, phony assholes out there
Well...I mean  
Anakim : 2/10/2019 11:14 pm : link
That's a unique version of R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Hahahahahaahahah  
Anakim : 2/10/2019 11:16 pm : link
What in the blue hell is Bob Newhart doing there?
RE: Say what you want about Cardi B  
Ssanders9816 : 2/10/2019 11:16 pm : link
In comment 14292855 Anakim said:
Quote:
She's real. What you see is what you get. Call her ghetto or whatever, but she doesn't change for anyone. It's actually refreshing to see.

Better than most of the disingenuous, phony assholes out there


Did she credit her ghostwriters when she accepted the award?
Those two girls. The one with the guitar  
Beezer : 2/10/2019 11:19 pm : link
and the other one.

We’re they singing? Did not notice.

And what is Bob Newhart doing in there!!!!!!!
RE: RE: Say what you want about Cardi B  
Anakim : 2/10/2019 11:19 pm : link
In comment 14292860 Ssanders9816 said:
Quote:
In comment 14292855 Anakim said:


Quote:


She's real. What you see is what you get. Call her ghetto or whatever, but she doesn't change for anyone. It's actually refreshing to see.

Better than most of the disingenuous, phony assholes out there



Did she credit her ghostwriters when she accepted the award?



Seemed like she thanked everyone. Who the hell knows? Haha
Bob Newhart might not seem to fit  
Beezer : 2/10/2019 11:21 pm : link
but multiple Grammy winner. From another time, when comedy was on record albums.
RE: RE: RE: Say what you want about Cardi B  
Ssanders9816 : 2/10/2019 11:21 pm : link
In comment 14292862 Anakim said:
Quote:
In comment 14292860 Ssanders9816 said:


Quote:


In comment 14292855 Anakim said:


Quote:


She's real. What you see is what you get. Call her ghetto or whatever, but she doesn't change for anyone. It's actually refreshing to see.

Better than most of the disingenuous, phony assholes out there



Did she credit her ghostwriters when she accepted the award?




Seemed like she thanked everyone. Who the hell knows? Haha


I just find her obnoxious. Obviously she doesn’t give a rats ass because she’s filthy rich. But the best female rapper is Nicki no doubt
RE: RE: RE: RE: Say what you want about Cardi B  
madgiantscow009 : 2/10/2019 11:30 pm : link
In comment 14292864 Ssanders9816 said:
Quote:
In comment 14292862 Anakim said:


Quote:


In comment 14292860 Ssanders9816 said:


Quote:


In comment 14292855 Anakim said:


Quote:


She's real. What you see is what you get. Call her ghetto or whatever, but she doesn't change for anyone. It's actually refreshing to see.

Better than most of the disingenuous, phony assholes out there



Did she credit her ghostwriters when she accepted the award?




Seemed like she thanked everyone. Who the hell knows? Haha



I just find her obnoxious. Obviously she doesn’t give a rats ass because she’s filthy rich. But the best female rapper is Nicki no doubt


they should've left the award vacant.
It’s a shame we can’t talk about  
Beezer : 2/10/2019 11:38 pm : link
the Record of the Year Grammy winner.

🤣🤣🤣
I want to know  
Beezer : 2/10/2019 11:41 pm : link
what that guy on the left is wearing. And why.

Kasey Musgraves  
Beezer : 2/10/2019 11:43 pm : link
Album of the Year.

Which I won’t listen to. Beautiful woman. Just not a country music fan.

Can Beck make a new album for next year?

And ... we’re out.
It’s great that Casey  
Pete in MD : 2/10/2019 11:43 pm : link
Musgraves could put together such a good album with poor man’s John Lennon and a guy who’s late for his roller derby match.
Hell no  
Coach Red Beaulieu : 2/11/2019 8:08 am : link
Music sux ass nowadays. It's all garbage I tells you.
RE: Kasey Musgraves  
Post Time : 2/11/2019 8:41 am : link
In comment 14292871 Beezer said:
Quote:
Album of the Year.

Which I won’t listen to. Beautiful woman. Just not a country music fan.


I'm not a main stream country music fan, which is why I do like Sturgell Simpson and Margo Price.

I've heard Kasey Musgrave on the UT radio station so when I won free passes to her ACL taping, I went. And left mid-way, was not impressed, she came off as an airhead, didn't even stay for Slow Burn.
lots of hatred for Cardi B but she is possibly the realest person  
GMAN4LIFE : 2/11/2019 8:48 am : link
at the Grammys..

she doesnt try to front what she isnt. She was a stripper, she did all that shit and doesnt try to be something else.

JLO on the other hand is a dancer. Because she cant sing for shit.

As for Kasey whatever, unsure what the fuck that is but this is why rappers dont want to be at the grammys. They just have no shot at the top prize.
What the fuck does it..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 2/11/2019 8:52 am : link
mean if a person is real or not?

Mother Teresa was an awesome human, but that didn't mean shit when it came to talent.
RE: What the fuck does it..  
Greg from LI : 2/11/2019 9:01 am : link
In comment 14292945 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
Mother Teresa was an awesome human, but that didn't mean shit when it came to talent.


Are you kidding me? She was talented as hell!
Link - ( New Window )
RE: What the fuck does it..  
UConn4523 : 2/11/2019 9:02 am : link
In comment 14292945 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
mean if a person is real or not?

Mother Teresa was an awesome human, but that didn't mean shit when it came to talent.


Was thinking the same thing. She sucks.

I don't know any of these people in real life and I don't want to. They either make good music or they don't. She doesn't, in fact, she's unlistenable. And hearing her interviews is worse. If that's real than I don't want it.
RE: What the fuck does it..  
GMAN4LIFE : 2/11/2019 9:02 am : link
In comment 14292945 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
mean if a person is real or not?

Mother Teresa was an awesome human, but that didn't mean shit when it came to talent.


she is talented. Her hip hop rhymes is great and her catchy beats get people going.

but i get people dont like hip hop artists because they are seen as no talent people. But fortunately, they are considered music but dont get as much love as those musicians who play instruments or have monumental voices.
5 songs(of her own music) at the top 10 on the Billboard charts  
GMAN4LIFE : 2/11/2019 9:04 am : link
that says something
Greg..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 2/11/2019 9:05 am : link
LOL!!
Sigh..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 2/11/2019 9:07 am : link
does it really??

Quote:
5 songs(of her own music) at the top 10 on the Billboard charts
GMAN4LIFE : 9:04 am : link : reply
that says something


you know who else had songs high on the charts? The Spice Girls and Milli Vanilli. Billboard isn't a barometer of talent.
RE: Sigh..  
GMAN4LIFE : 2/11/2019 9:09 am : link
In comment 14292960 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
does it really??



Quote:


5 songs(of her own music) at the top 10 on the Billboard charts
GMAN4LIFE : 9:04 am : link : reply
that says something



you know who else had songs high on the charts? The Spice Girls and Milli Vanilli. Billboard isn't a barometer of talent.


so what is the barometer of talent. She actually can rap and her music is actually good.

it doesnt have to be for you and others but the lady actually is good.

Again, it doesnt matter as Hip Hop artists are always seen in this light compared to the others.
RE: RE: What the fuck does it..  
UConn4523 : 2/11/2019 9:11 am : link
In comment 14292952 GMAN4LIFE said:
Quote:
In comment 14292945 FatMan in Charlotte said:


Quote:


mean if a person is real or not?

Mother Teresa was an awesome human, but that didn't mean shit when it came to talent.



she is talented. Her hip hop rhymes is great and her catchy beats get people going.

but i get people dont like hip hop artists because they are seen as no talent people. But fortunately, they are considered music but dont get as much love as those musicians who play instruments or have monumental voices.


I couldn't disagree more. She doesn't make her beats and she doesn't write either. So she's just a marketing tool. She has absolutely zero talent.

Not sure what that has to do with rap as a whole. There are a bunch of very talented rappers out there but they aren't as popular with the masses as this clown because people eat up dumb shit.

But, I do find playing instruments and singing to be more "impressive", but a lot of that has to do with the current status of rap now, most of it is just horrid. There's a handful of guys worth listening to but the rest are absolute jokes.
Limp Bizkit had multiple #1 albums  
Greg from LI : 2/11/2019 9:13 am : link
Limp.

Bizkit.
RE: RE: RE: What the fuck does it..  
GMAN4LIFE : 2/11/2019 9:16 am : link
In comment 14292964 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
In comment 14292952 GMAN4LIFE said:


Quote:


In comment 14292945 FatMan in Charlotte said:


Quote:


mean if a person is real or not?

Mother Teresa was an awesome human, but that didn't mean shit when it came to talent.



she is talented. Her hip hop rhymes is great and her catchy beats get people going.

but i get people dont like hip hop artists because they are seen as no talent people. But fortunately, they are considered music but dont get as much love as those musicians who play instruments or have monumental voices.



I couldn't disagree more. She doesn't make her beats and she doesn't write either. So she's just a marketing tool. She has absolutely zero talent.

Not sure what that has to do with rap as a whole. There are a bunch of very talented rappers out there but they aren't as popular with the masses as this clown because people eat up dumb shit.

But, I do find playing instruments and singing to be more "impressive", but a lot of that has to do with the current status of rap now, most of it is just horrid. There's a handful of guys worth listening to but the rest are absolute jokes.


marketing tool... sure. but Lady Gaga, Adele, and others dont write all their music either. Sure they have pipes but that isnt the only criteria.

but its all good. Agree to disagree.
Jesus..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 2/11/2019 9:22 am : link
I guess you just want to throw out strange comps to use.

Both Lady Gaga and Adele write most of their songs (most being the majority).

They do not write all their songs, but they write more than not.

But if you think Billboard is a measure of anything other than popularity, I don't know what to say. It's like claiming Budweiser is the best beer because it sells the most.
So Lady Gaga being a trained  
UConn4523 : 2/11/2019 9:22 am : link
and talented singer is some how relatable to a no talent want to be rapper who can barely speak in coherent sentences? And that relation is that they both don't write so it must be the same?

Also, Gaga does write some of her own songs but I'll disregard for comparison's sake.
RE: Limp Bizkit had multiple #1 albums  
Coach Red Beaulieu : 2/11/2019 9:44 am : link
In comment 14292967 Greg from LI said:
Quote:
Limp.

Bizkit.

They are the Nickleback of musical acts.
RE: RE: RE: Mrs S became a Lady Gaga fan as a result of seeing  
smshmth8690 : 2/11/2019 9:53 am : link
In comment 14292827 Ssanders9816 said:
Quote:
In comment 14292823 smshmth8690 said:


Quote:


In comment 14292818 Del Shofner said:


Quote:


"A Star Is Born." It was a decent movie and she was good in it. But why she has to be such a weirdo onstage, beats me.



Yeah she always has that 'What is sho gonna do next' vibe working. From all of the styles of music she takes part in, even to her having sex covered in blood in American Horror Story. Earlier tonight she was speaking about mental illness. I'm not trying to marginalize the illness, I think it's great that they talked about it to help raise awareness, but she just seemed odd the way she was urging people to seek help.

Have to admit Ssanders, I haven't seen the movie.



Wasn’t that a premise of the movie? She’s spoken about it many times since
RE: What the fuck does it..  
Anakim : 2/11/2019 11:04 am : link
In comment 14292945 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
mean if a person is real or not?

Mother Teresa was an awesome human, but that didn't mean shit when it came to talent.


That's fair.


The ironic thing is that the KarJenners aren't real, awesome, or talented and yet here they are. It's ludicrous.
RE: Sigh..  
Anakim : 2/11/2019 11:06 am : link
In comment 14292960 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
does it really??



Quote:


5 songs(of her own music) at the top 10 on the Billboard charts
GMAN4LIFE : 9:04 am : link : reply
that says something



you know who else had songs high on the charts? The Spice Girls and Milli Vanilli. Billboard isn't a barometer of talent.



Wait, wait, wait, wait. Don't be talkin' about the Spice Girls!
Well..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 2/11/2019 12:53 pm : link
just tell me what you want, what you really, really want!
Really nice to see such a talented performer  
TheMick7 : 2/11/2019 1:08 pm : link
like Brandi Carlile get the opportunity to perform at the Grammys. I've been a fan for years & she has a tremendous catalog of music. Her performance last night was amazing-she knocked it out of the park!
RE: Well..  
Anakim : 2/11/2019 1:18 pm : link
In comment 14293323 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
just tell me what you want, what you really, really want!


Who do you think you are? Some kind of superstar?
some great performances last night  
PaulBlakeTSU : 2/11/2019 1:40 pm : link
Alicia Keys's medley
Brandi Carlisle
H.E.R.
Janelle Monae
Gaga

Carlisle's album is great from start to finish. I also want to check out more of H.E.R. She has a vibe.

I also have to give J.Lo props for the effort and energy at her age. While I don't like the song "Havana," I thought the visuals were great.

RE: Jesus..  
madgiantscow009 : 2/11/2019 3:09 pm : link
In comment 14292976 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
I guess you just want to throw out strange comps to use.

Both Lady Gaga and Adele write most of their songs (most being the majority).

They do not write all their songs, but they write more than not.

But if you think Billboard is a measure of anything other than popularity, I don't know what to say. It's like claiming Budweiser is the best beer because it sells the most.


Budweiser doesn't use corn syrup.
Never knew there were so many teenaged girls on BBI  
Greg from LI : 2/11/2019 3:12 pm : link
Live and learn
Lady Gaga may be weird and annoying as fuck  
Matt M. : 2/12/2019 1:13 am : link
But, I don't think there is a more talented musician around. She doesn't just write the lyrics to her songs, but a lot of the music also. She can also play music and has a range on her voice to suit several styles.
RE: RE: What the fuck does it..  
Matt M. : 2/12/2019 1:17 am : link
In comment 14292952 GMAN4LIFE said:
Quote:
In comment 14292945 FatMan in Charlotte said:


Quote:


mean if a person is real or not?

Mother Teresa was an awesome human, but that didn't mean shit when it came to talent.



she is talented. Her hip hop rhymes is great and her catchy beats get people going.

but i get people dont like hip hop artists because they are seen as no talent people. But fortunately, they are considered music but dont get as much love as those musicians who play instruments or have monumental voices.
I can't speak for all, but I do not consider hip hop artists talentless. I do, however, consider, Cardi B. talentless. Her beats are terrible, her lyrics shit, and as bad and stuoid as she sounds performing, she sounds even worse in interviews.
RE: RE: RE: RE: What the fuck does it..  
Ssanders9816 : 2/12/2019 1:40 am : link
In comment 14292970 GMAN4LIFE said:
Quote:
In comment 14292964 UConn4523 said:


Quote:


In comment 14292952 GMAN4LIFE said:


Quote:


In comment 14292945 FatMan in Charlotte said:


Quote:


mean if a person is real or not?

Mother Teresa was an awesome human, but that didn't mean shit when it came to talent.



she is talented. Her hip hop rhymes is great and her catchy beats get people going.

but i get people dont like hip hop artists because they are seen as no talent people. But fortunately, they are considered music but dont get as much love as those musicians who play instruments or have monumental voices.



I couldn't disagree more. She doesn't make her beats and she doesn't write either. So she's just a marketing tool. She has absolutely zero talent.

Not sure what that has to do with rap as a whole. There are a bunch of very talented rappers out there but they aren't as popular with the masses as this clown because people eat up dumb shit.

But, I do find playing instruments and singing to be more "impressive", but a lot of that has to do with the current status of rap now, most of it is just horrid. There's a handful of guys worth listening to but the rest are absolute jokes.



marketing tool... sure. but Lady Gaga, Adele, and others dont write all their music either. Sure they have pipes but that isnt the only criteria.

but its all good. Agree to disagree.


Go look at the credits to all of their music. Cardi B literally does next to nothing. She sucked #### to get to the top and relies on ghostwriters and fake beef with real talent like Nicki Minaj to stay relevant.

Do not group her in with real rappers or rap in general. She’s actually the reason why rap gets a bad reputation, not the other way around.
Mother Teresa was nothing special  
oghwga : 2/12/2019 9:21 am : link
Blindly focused on converting people to her way of thinking more than helping the poor.

Chance the rapper has done more good than she ever did.
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner