Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

Frank Coyles first mock draft after Senior Bowl

Rick in Dallas : 2/12/2019 7:48 am
He has Giants selecting Dwayne Haskins. Interesting breakdown by position:
10 DL
6. LB
6. OL
4. WR
4 CB
1. QB
1 FS
0. RB
It appears at this point in time,  
Big Blue '56 : 2/12/2019 8:00 am : link
that we can get quality OL in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, possibly lower than that. This allows the luxury of drafting for D and STILL be able to improve the OL, imv
1 QB in the first round?  
Rocky369 : 2/12/2019 8:15 am : link
not since 2013 yielded EJ Manuel, and later produced Geno Smith and Ryan Nassib.
RE: It appears at this point in time,  
LeftHook : 2/12/2019 8:31 am : link
In comment 14294106 Big Blue '56 said:
[quote] that we can get quality OL in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, possibly lower than that. This allows the luxury of drafting for D and STILL be able to improve the OL, imv [/quote
Sucks we dont have a 3rd this year. (CB Beal) Thats why some guys want to trade back. Too make up for that 3rd we used for a comp pick.
The Giants should be drafting the best defensive player available and  
SterlingArcher : 2/12/2019 9:52 am : link
then draft the best olineman available. Drafting a qb makes zero sense, drafting a qb at #6 does not make the Giants better.
There is no way Kyler Murray isn't going in the first round  
Zeke's Alibi : 2/12/2019 10:01 am : link
How is he going to fall past the Redskins? Might be time for him to retire.
Coyle is a notorious  
JonC : 2/12/2019 10:02 am : link
need picker.
RE: The Giants should be drafting the best defensive player available and  
cokeduplt : 2/12/2019 10:41 am : link
In comment 14294296 SterlingArcher said:
Quote:
then draft the best olineman available. Drafting a qb makes zero sense, drafting a qb at #6 does not make the Giants better.



Yea I’m sure Eli has another 10 years of winning football left. Who needs a qb anyway
RE: The Giants should be drafting the best defensive player available and  
Mike from Ohio : 2/12/2019 11:28 am : link
In comment 14294296 SterlingArcher said:
Quote:
then draft the best olineman available. Drafting a qb makes zero sense, drafting a qb at #6 does not make the Giants better.


Fortunately nobody else thinks this narrowly, not even the Giants.
RE: Coyle is a notorious  
Dnew15 : 2/12/2019 12:32 pm : link
In comment 14294318 JonC said:
Quote:
need picker.

Well - the Giants have serious need at QB, so I guess this makes sense.
I'll never forget....  
Ryan : 2/12/2019 12:36 pm : link
....his draft chat here when MiS flushed his meds and decided to take over the thread.
RE: RE: Coyle is a notorious  
JonC : 2/12/2019 12:56 pm : link
In comment 14294516 Dnew15 said:
Quote:
In comment 14294318 JonC said:


Quote:


need picker.


Well - the Giants have serious need at QB, so I guess this makes sense.


Not necessarily, the perspective is too small.
RE: I'll never forget....  
bw in dc : 2/12/2019 12:58 pm : link
In comment 14294523 Ryan said:
Quote:
....his draft chat here when MiS flushed his meds and decided to take over the thread.


He really was unbelievable.
RE: RE: Coyle is a notorious  
Bill L : 2/12/2019 1:04 pm : link
In comment 14294516 Dnew15 said:
Quote:
In comment 14294318 JonC said:


Quote:


need picker.


Well - the Giants have serious need at QB, so I guess this makes sense.


We have *many* needs. Whoever’s name he used would make sense.
RE: RE: RE: Coyle is a notorious  
Dnew15 : 2/12/2019 2:32 pm : link
In comment 14294552 Bill L said:
Quote:
In comment 14294516 Dnew15 said:


Quote:


In comment 14294318 JonC said:


Quote:


need picker.


Well - the Giants have serious need at QB, so I guess this makes sense.



We have *many* needs. Whoever’s name he used would make sense.


That is very true!
RE: RE: RE: Coyle is a notorious  
Giants38 : 2/12/2019 2:49 pm : link
In comment 14294541 JonC said:
Quote:
In comment 14294516 Dnew15 said:


Quote:


In comment 14294318 JonC said:


Quote:


need picker.


Well - the Giants have serious need at QB, so I guess this makes sense.



Not necessarily, the perspective is too small.


The Giants need a QB in the worst way. Any objective person can see that, which is why virtually every mock draft has us selecting a QB. Whether the front office - led by a “notorious” Eli apologist - sees that or otherwise agrees is a different story.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Coyle is a notorious  
Deejboy : 2/12/2019 2:53 pm : link
In comment 14294640 Giants38 said:
Quote:
In comment 14294541 JonC said:


Quote:


In comment 14294516 Dnew15 said:


Quote:


In comment 14294318 JonC said:


Quote:


need picker.


Well - the Giants have serious need at QB, so I guess this makes sense.



Not necessarily, the perspective is too small.



The Giants need a QB in the worst way. Any objective person can see that, which is why virtually every mock draft has us selecting a QB. Whether the front office - led by a “notorious” Eli apologist - sees that or otherwise agrees is a different story.

Who is this "notorious" Eli apologist running the Giants who can't see anything?
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Coyle is a notorious  
Del Shofner : 2/12/2019 2:56 pm : link
In comment 14294643 Deejboy said:
Quote:


Who is this "notorious" Eli apologist running the Giants who can't see anything?


The "Notorious DAG"!
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Coyle is a notorious  
Giants38 : 2/12/2019 3:03 pm : link
In comment 14294646 Del Shofner said:
Quote:
In comment 14294643 Deejboy said:


Quote:




Who is this "notorious" Eli apologist running the Giants who can't see anything?



The "Notorious DAG"!


You don’t think it’s troubling that just about everyone with no connection to the team thinks we need a QB, but the front office continues to think differently? That doesn’t bother you?
why ...  
FranchiseQB : 2/12/2019 3:26 pm : link
draft a QB when you can still improve at Punter. I swear I think some of these folks don't watch the NFL. They are content to lose year after year...
RE: why ...  
Giants38 : 2/12/2019 3:39 pm : link
In comment 14294684 FranchiseQB said:
Quote:
draft a QB when you can still improve at Punter. I swear I think some of these folks don't watch the NFL. They are content to lose year after year...


Well, some of those people might include our front office. They cherry pick Eli throws and conclude he’s lost nothing. You sarcastically mention improvement at punter, but I wouldn’t put it past D...G to draft a punter early and explain, “remember, we’re playing 1968 football...do you remember the impact Ray Guy had on the game?”
'1 QB in the first round?'...  
Torrag : 2/12/2019 4:01 pm : link
Potentially 3 QB's can go in the 1st Round. Haskins certainly will. Murray and Lock might but at what point is hard to say. Murray has the potential to rise faster and further than maybe any other prospect in this draft imo. For me Lock is a 20 something pick possibly in a trade up from Round 2 by us, TC in Jax or Elway in Denver.
To be fair to Frank Coyle  
Rick in Dallas : 2/12/2019 4:36 pm : link
His mock draft is dated Feb. 7th before Murray committed to the NFL.
I am not sure Lock is first round material. This QB class not as deep as last year.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Coyle is a notorious  
JonC : 2/12/2019 6:18 pm : link
In comment 14294640 Giants38 said:
Quote:
In comment 14294541 JonC said:


Quote:


In comment 14294516 Dnew15 said:


Quote:


In comment 14294318 JonC said:


Quote:


need picker.


Well - the Giants have serious need at QB, so I guess this makes sense.



Not necessarily, the perspective is too small.



The Giants need a QB in the worst way. Any objective person can see that, which is why virtually every mock draft has us selecting a QB. Whether the front office - led by a “notorious” Eli apologist - sees that or otherwise agrees is a different story.


Go away, need picker.
Back to the Corner