Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Josh Mauro to Raiders - 1 Year Deal

Brown Recluse : 3/15/2019 1:40 pm
Patricia Traina
& #8207;
Verified account

@Patricia_Traina
37s37 seconds ago
More
Missed this. Josh Mauro to Raiders on a 1-year deal.
Obligatory...  
dep026 : 3/15/2019 1:41 pm : link
Comp pick?
RE: Obligatory...  
eric2425ny : 3/15/2019 1:42 pm : link
In comment 14340141 dep026 said:
Quote:
Comp pick?


8th rounder
No great loss  
jeff57 : 3/15/2019 1:43 pm : link
.
...  
Eric from BBI : Admin : 3/15/2019 1:44 pm : link
I don't see anyone else reporting this.
We could've used him again.  
SHO'NUFF : 3/15/2019 1:47 pm : link
But whatever.
Isn't his old Dline coach there  
rasbutant : 3/15/2019 1:59 pm : link
wasn't that mentioned with the Golden interest.
He played 12 games, 28 tackles  
allstarjim : 3/15/2019 2:29 pm : link
Not sure how it affects comp picks.
I liked him  
Anakim : 3/15/2019 2:29 pm : link
Solid 3-4 guy
RE: He played 12 games, 28 tackles  
SJGiant : 3/15/2019 2:37 pm : link
In comment 14340320 allstarjim said:
Quote:
Not sure how it affects comp picks.


Itís not about how much he played last year. Itís mostly about the contract he signs.
RE: RE: He played 12 games, 28 tackles  
allstarjim : 3/15/2019 3:03 pm : link
In comment 14340359 SJGiant said:
Quote:
In comment 14340320 allstarjim said:


Quote:


Not sure how it affects comp picks.



Itís not about how much he played last year. Itís mostly about the contract he signs.


Playing time is part of the formula.
RE: RE: RE: He played 12 games, 28 tackles  
SJGiant : 3/15/2019 3:12 pm : link
In comment 14340454 allstarjim said:
Quote:
In comment 14340359 SJGiant said:


Quote:


In comment 14340320 allstarjim said:


Quote:


Not sure how it affects comp picks.



Itís not about how much he played last year. Itís mostly about the contract he signs.



Playing time is part of the formula.


Isn't it next year's playing time through week 10 that is part of the formula? I wouldn't it think it would be this past year's playing time.
RE: ...  
Brown Recluse : 3/15/2019 3:14 pm : link
In comment 14340151 Eric from BBI said:
Quote:
I don't see anyone else reporting this.


Aaron Wilson


@AaronWilson_NFL
Follow Follow @AaronWilson_NFL
More
Josh Mauro (Raiders) $1.4M, $400K signing bonus, salary $900K, $100K workout bonus, up to $600K playtime incentive
RE: RE: RE: RE: He played 12 games, 28 tackles  
SJGiant : 3/15/2019 3:15 pm : link
In comment 14340468 SJGiant said:
Quote:
In comment 14340454 allstarjim said:


Quote:


In comment 14340359 SJGiant said:


Quote:


In comment 14340320 allstarjim said:


Quote:


Not sure how it affects comp picks.



Itís not about how much he played last year. Itís mostly about the contract he signs.



Playing time is part of the formula.



Isn't it next year's playing time through week 10 that is part of the formula? I wouldn't it think it would be this past year's playing time.


Maybe I misunderstood the playing time. Because post season honors are part of the formula too.
I decided to read up on it on OTC  
SJGiant : 3/15/2019 3:20 pm : link
Determining Adjusted APY
------------------------

The first phase necessary to execute these cancellations are to value each UFA that changed teams. OTCís program does this by using the following steps:

1) Start with the actual APY of the contract signed.
2) Subtract from the actual APY any money that the compensatory formula does not count. It has been determined that workout bonuses, incentives, and salary escalators are the most common money figures that the compensatory formula does not count.
3) Adjust the APY by applying a coefficient based upon the percentage of offensive or defensive snaps the player took in his first year under the contract.
4) Apply a positive coefficient to each UFA that obtained postseason honors. Currently, there is not enough data for OTC to reliably apply the coefficient. However, it is believed that postseason honors adjustments are smaller than playing time adjustments, and there are typically very few relevant CFAs that obtain them to begin with. It is believed that the postseason honors used in the compensatory formula are the ones explicitly listed in the CBA. These honors are Pro Bowl, All-NFL (First and Second Team), All-Conference (First and Second Team), Super Bowl MVP, NFL MVP, Offensive Player of the Year (NFL or Conference), Defensive Player of the Year (NFL or Conference), and Player of the Year (NFL or Conference).


Too much information for most fans - ( New Window )
.  
arcarsenal : 3/15/2019 4:41 pm : link
BBI trying to figure out the comp pick formulas...

RE: .  
Brown Recluse : 3/15/2019 4:44 pm : link
In comment 14340672 arcarsenal said:
Quote:
BBI trying to figure out the comp pick formulas...



Its become even more annoying than the BBI capologists
Heís Eric Dorsey  
djm : 3/15/2019 4:55 pm : link
But with a great motor (meaning heís white, his motor is actually equal to Dorsey)
RE: Heís Eric Dorsey  
TommyWiseau : 3/15/2019 5:38 pm : link
In comment 14340699 djm said:
Quote:
But with a great motor (meaning heís white, his motor is actually equal to Dorsey)


High Motor White Guy
What?  
greek13 : 3/15/2019 6:14 pm : link
Nowhere near as good as Eric Dorsey
Back to the Corner