Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

Ben Allbright gives a hint as to what the Giants might do

Anakim : 3/17/2019 5:14 pm
Benjamin Allbright
& #8207;Verified account
@AllbrightNFL


I wouldn't be Sweating the draft too much, even if you are Jonesing for a quarterback
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
I'd love this. Shoot me BBI, but Jones reminds me a lot of Darnold  
PatersonPlank : 3/17/2019 5:32 pm : link
Because of their common connections the Giants likely know a lot about Jones. Remember he played on a pretty lousy team. He has all the NFL measurables. Plus Sweat is a monster in an area of need.
I like Allbright  
Big Rick in FL : 3/17/2019 5:34 pm : link
He's not really plugged into the Giants though. At this point last year he told me we were going to draft Josh Rosen.
RE: oh, god, no  
jestersdead : 3/17/2019 5:37 pm : link
In comment 14343834 ColHowPepper said:
Quote:
Daniel Jones = Dave Brown, not at 6, not at 17, not even Rd 2

why is it when posters say Jones is Dave Brown its ok but if someone says Haskins is similar to Byron Leftwich everyone gets offended?
Hate Jones  
Fast Eddie : 3/17/2019 5:38 pm : link
Especially at 17. The defensive group is so deep and talented there is no way Jones should grade out ahead of many of them. What a reach that would be....
Who in the Sam Hell is Ben Allbright  
CypressGFan : 3/17/2019 5:40 pm : link
And why do we give two shits what he has to say?
Oh no,  
Photoguy : 3/17/2019 5:44 pm : link
not Jones at seventeen
Not six or twelve, however we lean.
A tackle or guard, or center between,
We want a lineman, nasty and mean.
But never, not Jones at seventeen
RE: Oh no,  
eric2425ny : 3/17/2019 5:47 pm : link
In comment 14343871 Photoguy said:
Quote:
not Jones at seventeen
Not six or twelve, however we lean.
A tackle or guard, or center between,
We want a lineman, nasty and mean.
But never, not Jones at seventeen


Impressive
.  
arcarsenal : 3/17/2019 5:48 pm : link
Not a Jones guy... and not even really a Lock guy. But, the only QB outside of Haskins/Murray I'll be on board with is probably Lock since I can at least point to a guy with some really good tools and hope that Shurmur can develop him.

Taking Jones @ 17 would annoy me. He just seems really limited. I can see him being serviceable but that's not what I want. Not in the 1st round. It would be a crappy pick.
Allbright  
Sammo85 : 3/17/2019 5:48 pm : link
Doesn’t have any inside sources here.

Just trying to draw strings and connect dots to Giants needs and guys that might fit Giants.
This guy is a clown  
oreojenkins : 3/17/2019 5:49 pm : link
He tweeted out "It's Darnold," at #1 last year even when it became obvious it was Baker. He argued about it, then deleted the tweets when he was wrong. Loves to block dissenting opinions. Portrays that he's an insider when he has no clue what's actually going to happen.

Sweat and Jones would be an all-time terrible draft.
RE: No more Duke QB’s  
Deejboy : 3/17/2019 5:51 pm : link
In comment 14343838 eric2425ny said:
Quote:
after the Dave Brown years. My God did we waste some good defenses during his run of shit.

You do realize that was like 27 years ago? Imagine deciding that Penn State RBs are all busts so avoid Barkley at all costs.
RE: This guy is a clown  
Deejboy : 3/17/2019 5:52 pm : link
In comment 14343881 oreojenkins said:
Quote:
He tweeted out "It's Darnold," at #1 last year even when it became obvious it was Baker. He argued about it, then deleted the tweets when he was wrong. Loves to block dissenting opinions. Portrays that he's an insider when he has no clue what's actually going to happen.

Sweat and Jones would be an all-time terrible draft.

Why do you hate Sweat?
Supposing Jones was on Ohio State or Oklahoma and had  
Ira : 3/17/2019 5:53 pm : link
and offensive line and receiving corps like those two schools. Would his passing numbers be as good as Murray's and Haskins?
Here's what Allbright said about our pick last year  
Big Rick in FL : 3/17/2019 5:54 pm : link
Quote:
March 13th 2018
According to @AllbrightNFL he hears the #Giants are "eyeing their options" at No. 2 overall, and that Josh Rosen & Quenton Nelson are among those in play.

March 22nd 2018
1. Browns - Darnold
2. Giants - Chubb
3. Jets - Allen
4. Browns - Trade back w/ Buffalo who takes Rosen
5. Broncos - Nelson or Mayfield

March 25th 2018
1. Browns - Darnold
2. Giants - Rosen/Chubb
3. Jets - Allen/Rosen/Mayfield
4. Browns - Chubb/trade back with Bills who takes Rosen/Allen
5. Mayfield/Nelson/Roquan Smith

April 10th 2018
If I'm guessing today...
1. Browns - Still Darnold
2. Giants - Chubb
3. Jets - Mayfield
4. Trade up by Buff or AZ for QB
5. Broncos - Nelson

April 11th 2018
According to @AllbrightNFL he's hearing the #Giants will pick either a QB or North Carolina St. DE Bradley Chubb at No. 2 overall.

April 23rd 2018
Since we've all been having fun with these the last two weeks... If I had to guess tonight...
1. Browns - Baker Mayfield
2. Giants - Sam Darnold
3. Jets - Josh Allen
4. Browns - Bradley Chubb
5. Bills - trade up with Broncos, Josh Rosen


So essentially the 45 days leading up to the draft he had the Giants taking Rosen, Darnold, Chubb & Nelson. Not many mentions of Barkley. So I'd take his word with a grain of salt when it comes to the Giants.
RE: RE: No more Duke QB’s  
eric2425ny : 3/17/2019 5:54 pm : link
In comment 14343883 Deejboy said:
Quote:
In comment 14343838 eric2425ny said:


Quote:


after the Dave Brown years. My God did we waste some good defenses during his run of shit.


You do realize that was like 27 years ago? Imagine deciding that Penn State RBs are all busts so avoid Barkley at all costs.


Duke is not a football school. Could the guy end up being good, maybe. With all of the busts we have had in recent years, let’s take someone a little less risky.
RE: Not a Jones fan,  
SHO'NUFF : 3/17/2019 5:55 pm : link
In comment 14343842 Brown Recluse said:
Quote:
but I thought after drafting a Penn State RB that was actually good, we’d stop falling into the trap of “no cuz he went to this school”


You do know who our owners are don't you? God only knows what's gonna happen after Accorsi leaves this Earth. I know, they'll tap a long retired DG as consultant.
RE: Supposing Jones was on Ohio State or Oklahoma and had  
Big Rick in FL : 3/17/2019 5:55 pm : link
In comment 14343887 Ira said:
Quote:
and offensive line and receiving corps like those two schools. Would his passing numbers be as good as Murray's and Haskins?


It's not only about his team. He was bad during Senior Bowl practices and had a bad combine also.
Montez Sweat might be out  
tyrik13 : 3/17/2019 5:57 pm : link
They discovered a heart condition that will impact where he’ll be drafted
nothing to do with Duke  
SHO'NUFF : 3/17/2019 5:57 pm : link
and everything to do with Sutcliffe. just like Clint Sintim had everything to do with Al Groh. The Giants love what makes them comfortable.
RE: RE: Supposing Jones was on Ohio State or Oklahoma and had  
SHO'NUFF : 3/17/2019 5:58 pm : link
In comment 14343895 Big Rick in FL said:
Quote:
In comment 14343887 Ira said:


Quote:


and offensive line and receiving corps like those two schools. Would his passing numbers be as good as Murray's and Haskins?



It's not only about his team. He was bad during Senior Bowl practices and had a bad combine also.


even his behavior or interview temperament was off, from what I hear.
RE: .  
Pan-handler : 3/17/2019 6:05 pm : link
In comment 14343877 arcarsenal said:
Quote:
Not a Jones guy... and not even really a Lock guy. But, the only QB outside of Haskins/Murray I'll be on board with is probably Lock since I can at least point to a guy with some really good tools and hope that Shurmur can develop him.

Taking Jones @ 17 would annoy me. He just seems really limited. I can see him being serviceable but that's not what I want. Not in the 1st round. It would be a crappy pick.


Exactly. Im pretty much of the same opinion on the QBs.

Hoping Albright is not too bright here (at least regarding Jones).
RE: Montez Sweat might be out  
GFAN52 : 3/17/2019 6:13 pm : link
In comment 14343897 tyrik13 said:
Quote:
They discovered a heart condition that will impact where he’ll be drafted


I wouldn't be surprised.
Allbright  
ryanmkeane : 3/17/2019 6:39 pm : link
another twitter guy “in the know” who gets 1 out of every 50 things he says right.
RE: Not a Jones fan,  
ajr2456 : 3/17/2019 7:05 pm : link
In comment 14343842 Brown Recluse said:
Quote:
but I thought after drafting a Penn State RB that was actually good, we’d stop falling into the trap of “no cuz he went to this school”


Yea I give two shits were he went to school. I’m out based on what seems to be the reasoning why they like him.
RE: Allbright  
Big Rick in FL : 3/17/2019 7:12 pm : link
In comment 14343939 ryanmkeane said:
Quote:
another twitter guy “in the know” who gets 1 out of every 50 things he says right.


I disagree with this. Allbright is normally pretty good when it comes to free agents and what teams are going to do in that regard. The draft is a completely different animal and it's almost impossible for anybody to predict.

He's plugged in to quite a few times. The Giants are not one of them.
RE: .  
Eric on Li : 3/17/2019 7:14 pm : link
In comment 14343877 arcarsenal said:
Quote:
Not a Jones guy... and not even really a Lock guy. But, the only QB outside of Haskins/Murray I'll be on board with is probably Lock since I can at least point to a guy with some really good tools and hope that Shurmur can develop him.

Taking Jones @ 17 would annoy me. He just seems really limited. I can see him being serviceable but that's not what I want. Not in the 1st round. It would be a crappy pick.


I've started to come around on Jones. Of the realistic options he's got the best ability to be multi-dimensional and make something happen with his legs, obviously other than Murray. He ran for more yards each year of his career at Duke than Russell Wilson's best college season (their statistical profiles are similar across the board actually). He doesn't have "wow" arm talent, but I think he's got enough. He's got good size and he really knows how to stand in there and take a hit and deliver an accurate ball downfield. Watch the beating he took on the road against miami in a monsoon as his receivers dropped pass after pass. Half of that D is projected to get picked in the top 100 this year and the other half next year - and he led his team to basically ending their season.

That's all aside from the Cutcliffe factor + the way he processes things. In that regard I have no idea if he's an ideal fit for Shurmur - but i'd guess the giants org likes that pedigree. And Shurmur has talked at great length about the importance of mobility.
RE: Oh no,  
Eli Wilson : 3/17/2019 7:24 pm : link
In comment 14343871 Photoguy said:
Quote:
not Jones at seventeen
Not six or twelve, however we lean.
A tackle or guard, or center between,
We want a lineman, nasty and mean.
But never, not Jones at seventeen


I'll give it a go:

I do not want Jones, not at six
I'd rather have different picks
I do not want Jones at seventeen
Not in round one, and this I mean
I do not want Jones at 37
No chance I'd take him, no chance in heaven
I do not want Jones anywhere
If we pick him, I just might swear.
RE: RE: Oh no,  
Bill in UT : 3/17/2019 7:52 pm : link
In comment 14344010 Eli Wilson said:
Quote:
In comment 14343871 Photoguy said:


Quote:


not Jones at seventeen
Not six or twelve, however we lean.
A tackle or guard, or center between,
We want a lineman, nasty and mean.
But never, not Jones at seventeen



I'll give it a go:

I do not want Jones, not at six
I'd rather have different picks
I do not want Jones at seventeen
Not in round one, and this I mean
I do not want Jones at 37
No chance I'd take him, no chance in heaven
I do not want Jones anywhere
If we pick him, I just might swear.



Please stop. This is like adolescent Dr. Seuss
The only thing worse than that plan  
Jint Fan in Buc Land : 3/17/2019 8:13 pm : link
Is thinking that's clever

Same guy who said Saquon was the next McFadden. Who cares what he thinks
RE: RE: RE: Oh no,  
Eli Wilson : 3/17/2019 8:23 pm : link
In comment 14344068 Bill in UT said:
Quote:
In comment 14344010 Eli Wilson said:


Quote:


In comment 14343871 Photoguy said:


Quote:


not Jones at seventeen
Not six or twelve, however we lean.
A tackle or guard, or center between,
We want a lineman, nasty and mean.
But never, not Jones at seventeen



I'll give it a go:

I do not want Jones, not at six
I'd rather have different picks
I do not want Jones at seventeen
Not in round one, and this I mean
I do not want Jones at 37
No chance I'd take him, no chance in heaven
I do not want Jones anywhere
If we pick him, I just might swear.




Please stop. This is like adolescent Dr. Seuss

That was the point.
I’d love to try  
Bleedblue10 : 3/17/2019 8:27 pm : link
We passed on the qb class last year, but don’t regret the Barkley pick.
Even though watching Eli play the last few years, makes some of us sick apparently Haskins is too slow, and Murray is too short
Cause if your not big and fast, you’ll have trouble in this sport
Looks like Jones is the pick, well according to Bens tweet.
he doesn’t have a great arm, or even the best feet.
Which is prob why it will happen, with they way we’ve been going why not
The guys making these decisions, must be smoking a shit ton of pot.
But if we push the decision and wait till next year
Our options aren’t as limited, the decision would be clear.
But If the Giants are waiting for the next Peyton or Luck
Say goodbye to ever winning again, cause we’ll continue to suck.



Rather they try and move up from 17 if they want a QB instead of Jones  
GFAN52 : 3/17/2019 8:30 pm : link
and grab Drew Lock.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Oh no,  
Bill in UT : 3/17/2019 8:33 pm : link
In comment 14344094 Eli Wilson said:
Quote:
In comment 14344068 Bill in UT said:


Quote:


In comment 14344010 Eli Wilson said:


Quote:


In comment 14343871 Photoguy said:


Quote:


not Jones at seventeen
Not six or twelve, however we lean.
A tackle or guard, or center between,
We want a lineman, nasty and mean.
But never, not Jones at seventeen



I'll give it a go:

I do not want Jones, not at six
I'd rather have different picks
I do not want Jones at seventeen
Not in round one, and this I mean
I do not want Jones at 37
No chance I'd take him, no chance in heaven
I do not want Jones anywhere
If we pick him, I just might swear.




Please stop. This is like adolescent Dr. Seuss


That was the point.


What I meant to say was "well done" :)
If you want Jones package a 2nd, 3rd and 5th to get back into the late  
bigbluescot : 3/17/2019 9:07 pm : link
first.
RE: If you want Jones package a 2nd, 3rd and 5th to get back into the late  
GFAN52 : 3/17/2019 9:18 pm : link
In comment 14344133 bigbluescot said:
Quote:
first.


No way would I ever spend that much trade capital for him.
RE: .  
BlueLou'sBack : 3/17/2019 9:29 pm : link
In comment 14343846 idiotsavant said:
Quote:
Oliver guesses are out in da Bush.

Allen for da White choice

One could do this all day.


Clever, and better than what THAT GUY wrote.
Ew  
Philu916 : 3/17/2019 10:47 pm : link
Many scouts see Jones as a backup that has POTENTIAL to be a starter later in his career. If he’s picked 17, or even 37, Gettelman belongs jobless.
If the Giants draft Jones with a 1st round pick  
sb from NYT Forum : 3/17/2019 11:57 pm : link
... then I’m going to need to take a break for a while.
I am ok with Jones  
Tom from LI : 3/18/2019 6:02 am : link
and I would take him definitely before I would take Haskins.

If you go on the NFL Draft and Combine Profiles and read their respective strengths and weaknesses I came away with Jones having weaknesses that were easier to fix than Haskins.

In fact you could argue that Daniel Jones did these things because of lack of talent around him.

from NFL.com

Daniel Jones

"Weaknesses
Thin in his lower body (weight training)

Had 12 passes batted down at line of scrimmage in 2018

Benefited from heavy play-action/RPO scheme (Isn't that what we run?)

Incessant patting of the ball through progressions (Habit. I saw Murray spinning the ball constantly before throws in his pro day)

Waits an extra step before cutting it loose too often (His receivers don't get open)

Average release speed slowed by small windup (Mechanics)

Attempts throws into some impossible windows (Current talent he is playing with) (Sounds like someone else we know)

Needs to work ahead of schedule more often on next level

Succumbs to off-platform tosses rather than working into better positioning (mechanics)

Showed willingness to throw it up for grabs rather than take sack (Sounds like someone else we know)

Loose ball handling in face of pressure leads to fumbles

Too much bravado as a runner
Took licks when slides or dashes out of bounds were options (He will have to learn to slide or go out of bounds)"

Too me these weaknesses don't sound that atrocious

And for Haskins:

"Weaknesses
Small list of successful QBs with so few career starts(that is a concern not a weakness)

Lacks in-game adversity challenges for an early round pick(again concern not weakness)

Front side can fly open causing throws to sail (Mechanics)

Unusual follow through leaving his lower half behind (Mechanics)

Still learning to attack zone coverage (Experience and unknown)

Baited into bad decisions on high-low reads (Experience and Unknown)

Doesn't show enough caution against dropping linebackers(Experience and Unknown)

Will need to improve anticipatory intermediate throws (Experience and Unknown)

Has to be willing to come off primary reads when coverage dictates it (Experience and Unknown)

Needs to expedite his process in the face of pressure (Experience and Unknown)

Needs better feel for when to throw with touch (Red Flag for me)

Accuracy on the move is below average (Red Flag for me) (What we all complain about with Eli)

Below-average athlete who can't run away from trouble (Red Flag for me)

Sluggish, heavy feet when he scrambles (Red Flag for me)

Fumbles due to carelessness and lack of concentration on snaps (Coachable)"

I like looking at the weaknesses over strengths. I am no football expert but I dont think DJ's weaknesses = backup. Infact Haskins is more raw and could take longer to deveolp if ever.

Reading shit from hacks like Allbright  
Tim in Eternal Blue : 3/18/2019 7:25 am : link
Make me appreciate Jay Glazer even more.
Doesn’t matter what round pick you use on Jones  
ajr2456 : 3/18/2019 7:25 am : link
He’s not good
RE: RE: oh, god, no  
Mike from Ohio : 3/18/2019 7:46 am : link
In comment 14343864 jestersdead said:
Quote:
In comment 14343834 ColHowPepper said:


Quote:


Daniel Jones = Dave Brown, not at 6, not at 17, not even Rd 2


why is it when posters say Jones is Dave Brown its ok but if someone says Haskins is similar to Byron Leftwich everyone gets offended?


Wrongheaded, but for different reasons. People compare Jones and Brown because they both went to Duke, which is idiotic. People compare Haskins and Leftwich because they are both black, which is idiotic.

Jones and Brown are not similar, and Haskins and Leftwich are not similar. Both are examples of people talking about stuff they don’t understand for different reasons.
Allbright  
AcidTest : 3/18/2019 9:03 am : link
is a Denver guy. He has no inside information about the Giants. I don't see the Giants taking Jones at #17. As far as Sweat at #6, we need to know more about his heart condition.
Does anybody remember the Ethan Albright  
slickwilly : 3/18/2019 9:23 am : link
letter to Madden. That was classic. Still makes me laugh to this day.
Allbright is not All That Bright  
fanofthejets : 3/18/2019 12:01 pm : link
Remember he called Darnold to Cleveland last year and has a pretty poor track record. Also extremely stuck up and entitled and acts like he's a much more plugged in insider than he actually is. He's not worth the follow
Allbright isn't a hack  
AcesUp : 3/18/2019 12:04 pm : link
As others have said, the Giants are outside his sphere. He's spot on with Denver and pretty solid with the rest of the AFCW, free agency and draft player stock. Anything he's hearing about the Giants is heresay from other sources.

I can certainly see the Giants going this way though.
.  
fanofthejets : 3/18/2019 12:05 pm : link
And it's incredible how long he stuck with the asinine prediction of Josh Allen to the Jets when the Jets had very little interest in Allen after doing their initial vetting early in the process
RE: This guy is a clown  
fanofthejets : 3/18/2019 12:06 pm : link
In comment 14343881 oreojenkins said:
Quote:
He tweeted out "It's Darnold," at #1 last year even when it became obvious it was Baker. He argued about it, then deleted the tweets when he was wrong. Loves to block dissenting opinions. Portrays that he's an insider when he has no clue what's actually going to happen.

Sweat and Jones would be an all-time terrible draft.


Also seems to be in love with himself. Takes a million selfies and posts them.
RE: .  
figgy2989 : 3/18/2019 12:08 pm : link
In comment 14344942 fanofthejets said:
Quote:
And it's incredible how long he stuck with the asinine prediction of Josh Allen to the Jets when the Jets had very little interest in Allen after doing their initial vetting early in the process


Daniel jones in 3rd rd  
micky : 3/18/2019 12:39 pm : link
Be another long line in that range to never see the field, but he'll be a cheap backup
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner