Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

I'm a bit frustrated

jtgiants : 3/18/2019 1:01 pm
Here's why. I am in the pro Eli can still play camp. I admit that. I won't relitigate it but, to me, it was a false narrative he was bad last year. I think he can still play.

Here's why I'm frustrated. I made it CRYSTAL CLEAR the Giants were of a mindset that Eli can still play. It was never a question in the team's mind. Those who bash Eli and think the Giants are wrong have every right to do so. At some point you have to accept it though. Many posters on here act like Matt Lombardo and Pat Leonard(2 Eagles fans by the way) and beat a dead horse over and over and don't or can't seem to accept it. It is what is.

Now on to business.

1. We're not done in free agency. Remmers is talking to other teams. I was told If he left our building. It's unlikely he'll sign but we are interested. The Giants want to win this year and are planning to still be aggressive free agent wise.

2. I'm still hearing a trade is quite possible. Well see.

3. The Giants really believe in Jabrill Peppers. I told you he was a key to the OBJ trade. Bettcher has big plans for him.

4. Stapleton on to something. Gregg Williams D isn't a fit for Josh Allen who's a 3-4 edge rusher. He could slip and if he does. He's the guy.
Pages: 1 2 3 <<Prev | Show All |
RE: Ajr  
twostepgiants : 3/18/2019 1:57 pm : link
In comment 14345304 jtgiants said:
Quote:
There are many who think Eli can play. It' is a false narrative. Anyway', the only vote that counts, is the Giants. Thy disagree w you


The only thing that matters is W and Ls

The verdict will be in soon enough and if itís the same as it has been for 6 out of 7 years around here, there will be a price to pay for those who made that decision.
The gratefulhead  
jtgiants : 3/18/2019 1:59 pm : link
That's a reasonable post. I do think your wrong but appreciate smart people disagree. Either way he's the QB this year. Well see
RE: RE: My problem with Eli is that  
section125 : 3/18/2019 2:00 pm : link
In comment 14345310 bluepepper said:
Quote:
In comment 14345250 section125 said:


Quote:


last year he had two golden chances to make a drive to win the game in the final two minutes and he failed miserably. Was it the Dallas game Coleman got them to the 45 yard line on the kick off and all they needed was 20/25 yards for FG range and he went 0-4 on his passes?

Yes Eli can still play given perfect conditions, but I think his days of regular final minute drives are over...


Honestly Eli hasn't been better than replacement level in those late drives in years. Maybe not since 2012. Sure you can point to a game here or there but every decent QB in the league has their clutch moments. It's huge because that was Eli's calling card even pre-Super Bowls.


He was fine, up until 2017. Can't count 2013 as that was possibly the worst oline in NFL history. But during 2017 he had a couple chances to get it done (Washington game was queued up for him IIRC) and did not. Could be the line, more likely a combo of Eli and the line.

If he gets a proper RT, it may be different, but I am leery.
RE: Ryan  
section125 : 3/18/2019 2:01 pm : link
In comment 14345323 jtgiants said:
Quote:
I believe Rosen is no


Damn, ok thanks...
RE: Ajr  
ajr2456 : 3/18/2019 2:02 pm : link
In comment 14345304 jtgiants said:
Quote:
There are many who think Eli can play. It' is a false narrative. Anyway', the only vote that counts, is the Giants. Thy disagree w you


Point to the ones that aren't working for the Giants and aren't Giants fans.

Something that runs counter to yours or the Giant's opinions isn't a false narrative. It's a difference of opinion.
RE: RE: RE: My problem with Eli is that  
ajr2456 : 3/18/2019 2:03 pm : link
In comment 14345343 section125 said:
Quote:
In comment 14345310 bluepepper said:


Quote:


In comment 14345250 section125 said:


Quote:


last year he had two golden chances to make a drive to win the game in the final two minutes and he failed miserably. Was it the Dallas game Coleman got them to the 45 yard line on the kick off and all they needed was 20/25 yards for FG range and he went 0-4 on his passes?

Yes Eli can still play given perfect conditions, but I think his days of regular final minute drives are over...


Honestly Eli hasn't been better than replacement level in those late drives in years. Maybe not since 2012. Sure you can point to a game here or there but every decent QB in the league has their clutch moments. It's huge because that was Eli's calling card even pre-Super Bowls.



He was fine, up until 2017. Can't count 2013 as that was possibly the worst oline in NFL history. But during 2017 he had a couple chances to get it done (Washington game was queued up for him IIRC) and did not. Could be the line, more likely a combo of Eli and the line.

If he gets a proper RT, it may be different, but I am leery.


The team might have been good, but Eli wasn't great in 2016.
JT  
Pan-handler : 3/18/2019 2:03 pm : link
In comment 14345323 jtgiants said:
Quote:
I believe Rosen is no


If Allen doesnt fall do Giants like Greedy or Sweat?
Are you frustrated with BBI posters or the media?  
RobCarpenter : 3/18/2019 2:05 pm : link
Also - does the media ever ask any questions about how badly the D played last year? The D blew leads against the: Panthers, Eagles, Colts, and Cowboys. None of those losses have anything to do with Eli.

jt - any insight into the Eli/DG conversation after the year ended?  
Jim in Forest Hills : 3/18/2019 2:07 pm : link
DG said that Eli took him into a corner and beat him down (or something to that effect). Did that mean get rid of OBJ? Or get me an OL?
PH  
ryanmkeane : 3/18/2019 2:07 pm : link
you've been on the Greedy train. Count me among those who will be really disappointed if he's the pick. After all these moves and "new direction" we are going in, to pick a cornerback at 6 would be kind of brutal.
Thanks jt  
Mark from Jersey : 3/18/2019 2:08 pm : link
For keeping us all in the loop especially these past few weeks.
JT  
English Alaister : 3/18/2019 2:11 pm : link
Thanks for the info.

I agree there is a bit of a false narrative going on. Eli has always needed a good to great OL. When you put him behind an awful one he's not going to shine. I actually think some of his games last year in the first half of the season were pretty amazing given the level of pressure. The Houston one laps to mind where Watt was just killing Wheeler.

Britt made a great post about how much better things looked once Brown got here. If they can upgrade RT to above average then we really may see a career best Eli. Signing Remmers would be a good start but I'd hope for competition.
I've sad this before  
jtgiants : 3/18/2019 2:13 pm : link
I can't answer about elis conversation with Gettleman. I will say this. Elis not upset Beckham gone
Thank you to the OP  
djm : 3/18/2019 2:13 pm : link
.
RE: I've sad this before  
dep026 : 3/18/2019 2:14 pm : link
In comment 14345396 jtgiants said:
Quote:
Elis not upset Beckham gone


Neither should Giants fans.
JT. Thanks for all the info  
jayg5 : 3/18/2019 2:17 pm : link
Much appreciated

As far as a possible trade, you think trying to trade
A player for a draft pick or giants trying to trade
For a player?
RE: RE: Ajr  
Eric on Li : 3/18/2019 2:17 pm : link
In comment 14345347 ajr2456 said:
Quote:
In comment 14345304 jtgiants said:


Quote:


There are many who think Eli can play. It' is a false narrative. Anyway', the only vote that counts, is the Giants. Thy disagree w you



Point to the ones that aren't working for the Giants and aren't Giants fans.

Something that runs counter to yours or the Giant's opinions isn't a false narrative. It's a difference of opinion.


The national media opinion has long been that he's "dilfer'd" his way to super bowls and was the most overrated player in the game. That was as true 10 years ago when he beat the Pats the first time as it is today. National media sentiment is hardly a meaningful data point.
RE: PH  
Pan-handler : 3/18/2019 2:23 pm : link
In comment 14345367 ryanmkeane said:
Quote:
you've been on the Greedy train. Count me among those who will be really disappointed if he's the pick. After all these moves and "new direction" we are going in, to pick a cornerback at 6 would be kind of brutal.


Ry to be honest I am trying to look at this as the Giants F.O. would.

What does that mean? I am assuming worst case scenario to be prepared for what we would do.

Worst case scenario is all the blue-chip guys for our top need positions are gone. Those guys would be : Q.Will, Bosa, and Allen.

Now you have to move onto the next tier which would be guys who have elite talent but perhaps a bit more question marks at the highest impact need positions:

Those players to me are:

Greedy Williams (watch the tape of him vs. top receivers who will play on Sunday and see how EFFORTLESSLY he mirrors them in coverage)

Montez Sweat - Ridiculous measurables and very good production but still quite raw in his pass rush moves. You could look at this as a positive or negative. Negative in that you doubt he will get better and just be a fast but limited pass rusher. OR a positive that with all his 'rawness' he STILL managed double sack seasons and if he developes more moves/better technique he could be a beast.

Burns- Also a speedster and a bendy sack guy but has somewhat a slight frame (despite the weight gain for the combine) . Some compare him to Floyd but Floyd has had a bit trouble staying healthy with that body type taking NFL punishment (6 games missed first 2 years and broken hand in 2018 though he didnt miss time). They may favor a more stout frame.

Ferguson- they are scouting the heck out of this kid and now are meeting with him before his pro-day. All time sack leader. Has production that DG loves AND size moreso than Burns. Has character question marks they are undoubtedly vetting. Also has the wider frame (weight/size) they generally look for. But #6 likely too early for him however 17 ......

I don't see ANY blue chip OTs but I do see top end red-chip ones. Dillard, Williams, Ford, Taylor closely followed by Risner.
RE: RE: I've sad this before  
hitdog42 : 3/18/2019 2:24 pm : link
In comment 14345408 dep026 said:
Quote:
In comment 14345396 jtgiants said:


Quote:


Elis not upset Beckham gone



Neither should Giants fans.


they have now rid themselves of every player that carried them to their last respectable NFL season, coach included...

mission accomplished...

i say that half kidding but its actually true!
RE: RE: My problem with Eli is that  
RinR : 3/18/2019 2:25 pm : link
In comment 14345310 bluepepper said:
Quote:
In comment 14345250 section125 said:


Quote:


last year he had two golden chances to make a drive to win the game in the final two minutes and he failed miserably. Was it the Dallas game Coleman got them to the 45 yard line on the kick off and all they needed was 20/25 yards for FG range and he went 0-4 on his passes?

Yes Eli can still play given perfect conditions, but I think his days of regular final minute drives are over...


Honestly Eli hasn't been better than replacement level in those late drives in years. Maybe not since 2012. Sure you can point to a game here or there but every decent QB in the league has their clutch moments. It's huge because that was Eli's calling card even pre-Super Bowls.


I guess the Carolina game doesn't count.
RE: RE: RE: I've sad this before  
giants#1 : 3/18/2019 2:26 pm : link
In comment 14345447 hitdog42 said:
Quote:
In comment 14345408 dep026 said:


Quote:


In comment 14345396 jtgiants said:


Quote:


Elis not upset Beckham gone



Neither should Giants fans.



they have now rid themselves of every player that carried them to their last respectable NFL season, coach included...

mission accomplished...

i say that half kidding but its actually true!


I'm guessing you're implying that Eli was along for the ride, but even so Jenkins was an absolute beast in 2016. Like top 3 CB in the NFL good.

And don't forget DeOssie...
The team is moving in the right direction.  
Brown Recluse : 3/18/2019 2:27 pm : link
Maybe its not happening as fast as some would like - I get it, we're all sick of losing and being mocked - but if you look at whats on the horizon for 2020 you can see big things ahead. They'll have tons of cap space to work with. A retooled roster with a good foundation of young, cheap talent in place (assuming this draft goes as well as last years). Its the perfect situation for a young QB to step into and if we don't have that guy this April, they will get him in April 2020.

Gettleman said he has a plan but its just going to take time and people need to be patient. You can already see it starting to come together.



Allen  
PaulN : 3/18/2019 2:37 pm : link
Is not a pipe dream, he could slip into our laps, and if he does it will be a huge break for us, also there is the possibility we trade up a spot or two to land him, that would be no surprise at all, so those saying it is a pipe dream are not paying attention.
This season  
Les in TO : 3/18/2019 2:39 pm : link
Is going to be eerily similar to 1995.
RE: RE: RE: I've sad this before  
ZogZerg : 3/18/2019 2:49 pm : link
In comment 14345447 hitdog42 said:
Quote:


they have now rid themselves of every player that carried them to their last respectable NFL season, coach included...

mission accomplished...

i say that half kidding but its actually true!


So we should have kept McAdoo?
We should overpay for Collens?
We should overpay Vernon?

RE: The gratefulhead  
Thegratefulhead : 3/18/2019 2:59 pm : link
In comment 14345338 jtgiants said:
Quote:
That's a reasonable post. I do think your wrong but appreciate smart people disagree. Either way he's the QB this year. Well see
I'm down with that and WANT to be wrong. Also, since you are on the inside.

I like what DG has done to remove the type of players he has let go. I can't be strong enough in my support for the Giants removing "look at me guys". I am a small business owner and have been a controller/administrator for most of my professional years. I have always taken care of people that took care of me when they were at the end of their careers. There is merit to doing "right" by Eli even though it might not be in very best interest of the franchise in the short term. I have NEVER been a hater of Eli, I dislike those people. I just believe he lost that thing that made him special(not his fault) and he can only summon the magic infrequently now(Not enough) What I mean by "magic" can be evidenced by watching the Niner playoff game in its entirety. He was getting killed and his eyes were always downfield and his feet....beautiful fucking feet that day. He was always in a position to deliver.
accept stupidity and insanity  
BigBlueCane : 3/18/2019 3:00 pm : link
and that's all you will have.
RE: RE: Gregg Williams typically runs  
JonC : 3/18/2019 3:09 pm : link
In comment 14345195 jeff57 said:
Quote:
In comment 14345179 JonC said:


Quote:


a 4-3, and few coaches change schemes at his stage of the game.



. Link - ( New Window )


We'll see ...
RE: RE: RE: I've sad this before  
mfsd : 3/18/2019 3:24 pm : link
In comment 14345447 hitdog42 said:
Quote:
In comment 14345408 dep026 said:


Quote:


In comment 14345396 jtgiants said:


Quote:


Elis not upset Beckham gone



Neither should Giants fans.



they have now rid themselves of every player that carried them to their last respectable NFL season, coach included...

mission accomplished...

i say that half kidding but its actually true!


Pretty sure they've also rid themselves of every guy who decided to stay out all night partying on a boat in Miami the week before the only playoff game we've had since SB 46.

Or was Shepard on that fucking boat too?
This organization is garbage  
Giants38 : 3/18/2019 4:09 pm : link
For those of you who donít think Eli is done, look at how he stacked up against all the other QBs. He was average or below average in virtually every category. I donít care what anyone says; the numbers back up what everyone watches on a weekly basis.

But weíre run by idiots. Today, our idiot GM said the following:

1) he doesnít care about age;
2) he didnít shop the Browns offer around because calling another team causes you to lose leverage;
3) they never considered dumping Eli.

Let that stuff marinate for a second.
RE: This organization is garbage  
Brown Recluse : 3/18/2019 4:18 pm : link
In comment 14345773 Giants38 said:
Quote:
For those of you who donít think Eli is done, look at how he stacked up against all the other QBs. He was average or below average in virtually every category. I donít care what anyone says; the numbers back up what everyone watches on a weekly basis.

But weíre run by idiots. Today, our idiot GM said the following:

1) he doesnít care about age;
2) he didnít shop the Browns offer around because calling another team causes you to lose leverage;
3) they never considered dumping Eli.

Let that stuff marinate for a second.


Your posts are garbage.
RE: RE: This organization is garbage  
dep026 : 3/18/2019 4:21 pm : link
In comment 14345808 Brown Recluse said:
Quote:
In comment 14345773 Giants38 said:


Quote:


For those of you who donít think Eli is done, look at how he stacked up against all the other QBs. He was average or below average in virtually every category. I donít care what anyone says; the numbers back up what everyone watches on a weekly basis.

But weíre run by idiots. Today, our idiot GM said the following:

1) he doesnít care about age;
2) he didnít shop the Browns offer around because calling another team causes you to lose leverage;
3) they never considered dumping Eli.

Let that stuff marinate for a second.



Your posts are garbage.


Hehe I giggled .
Jtgiants  
Joeguido : 3/18/2019 5:40 pm : link
Just want to thank you for all the info. I donít remember for the many years I just lurked in here having an asshat be so active and interactive with the members. I never judge the New York Football Giants decisions because obviously they know more than me. But getting this inside info is great to see their views. I mainly come here to read certain posters view that I respect. Thanks again.
RE: Ajr  
montanagiant : 3/18/2019 5:59 pm : link
In comment 14345270 jtgiants said:
Quote:
Just because the media beats you over the head with a narrative doesn't make it true. Leonard and Lombardo are hacks who push a false narrative and are anything but fair. Pay attention

All you have to do is read Leonards tweets from DG's conference call today and you can see what a hacky assbag he is
RE: RE: RE: RE: My problem with Eli is that  
montanagiant : 3/18/2019 6:05 pm : link
In comment 14345348 ajr2456 said:
Quote:
In comment 14345343 section125 said:


Quote:


In comment 14345310 bluepepper said:


Quote:


In comment 14345250 section125 said:


Quote:


last year he had two golden chances to make a drive to win the game in the final two minutes and he failed miserably. Was it the Dallas game Coleman got them to the 45 yard line on the kick off and all they needed was 20/25 yards for FG range and he went 0-4 on his passes?

Yes Eli can still play given perfect conditions, but I think his days of regular final minute drives are over...


Honestly Eli hasn't been better than replacement level in those late drives in years. Maybe not since 2012. Sure you can point to a game here or there but every decent QB in the league has their clutch moments. It's huge because that was Eli's calling card even pre-Super Bowls.



He was fine, up until 2017. Can't count 2013 as that was possibly the worst oline in NFL history. But during 2017 he had a couple chances to get it done (Washington game was queued up for him IIRC) and did not. Could be the line, more likely a combo of Eli and the line.

If he gets a proper RT, it may be different, but I am leery.



The team might have been good, but Eli wasn't great in 2016.

He was in the playoff game we would have won if OBJ would have hung on to two TD passes
RE: RE: Ajr  
ajr2456 : 3/18/2019 6:18 pm : link
In comment 14346028 montanagiant said:
Quote:
In comment 14345270 jtgiants said:


Quote:


Just because the media beats you over the head with a narrative doesn't make it true. Leonard and Lombardo are hacks who push a false narrative and are anything but fair. Pay attention


All you have to do is read Leonards tweets from DG's conference call today and you can see what a hacky assbag he is


He's not writing negative stuff about the Giants because he's an Eagles fan which was insinuated. He's writing negative stuff because there is a lot of negative stuff to write about this franchise right now.

I hate Leonard, he's a douche but lets stop creating narratives here.
I like jt and appreciate everything he's added to the site.  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 3/18/2019 6:35 pm : link
However, I just think it's delusional to think a winning team can rely on Eli at this point in his career to string together consecutive games, quarters, or even drives of high-quality, mistake-free football. He had perhaps 6 good games out of 16 last season. But for each of those good games, I can name a back-breaking turnover or mistake that killed their opportunity to win.

We also keep going down this road of "If we can only get all of the pieces right around Eli, then he'll get the job done again." The people who're playing really well don't even have all of the pieces right around them. We keep throwing so much money and picks at the players around Eli, that I truly believe that's what led to the defense being as talent deficient as any in the sport.
RE: I like jt and appreciate everything he's added to the site.  
GiantGrit : 3/18/2019 7:16 pm : link
In comment 14346109 shockeyisthebest8056 said:
Quote:
However, I just think it's delusional to think a winning team can rely on Eli at this point in his career to string together consecutive games, quarters, or even drives of high-quality, mistake-free football. He had perhaps 6 good games out of 16 last season. But for each of those good games, I can name a back-breaking turnover or mistake that killed their opportunity to win.

We also keep going down this road of "If we can only get all of the pieces right around Eli, then he'll get the job done again." The people who're playing really well don't even have all of the pieces right around them. We keep throwing so much money and picks at the players around Eli, that I truly believe that's what led to the defense being as talent deficient as any in the sport.


I don't think they are "relying" on him. They are going to go under center and at most ask him throw 30 times a game, probably more so near 25 attempts.

Did we use too many premium picks at skill positions offensively? Probably hard to argue against that.
RE: RE: RE: This organization is garbage  
Giants38 : 3/18/2019 8:21 pm : link
In comment 14345820 dep026 said:
Quote:
In comment 14345808 Brown Recluse said:


Quote:


In comment 14345773 Giants38 said:


Quote:


For those of you who donít think Eli is done, look at how he stacked up against all the other QBs. He was average or below average in virtually every category. I donít care what anyone says; the numbers back up what everyone watches on a weekly basis.

But weíre run by idiots. Today, our idiot GM said the following:

1) he doesnít care about age;
2) he didnít shop the Browns offer around because calling another team causes you to lose leverage;
3) they never considered dumping Eli.

Let that stuff marinate for a second.



Your posts are garbage.



Hehe I giggled .


Yea, it's pretty funny. So neither of you find it troubling that he basically received a call from the Browns, received an offer, and accepted said offer?

Nah, let's take his word for it that he has a plan.

We won't pick a QB this year. We are going to absolutely suck this year, and you two clowns won't be laughing so hard then. I have no doubt that I could run this team better than DAG, who one would think is actually trying to sabotage the Giants.

Sorry I won't curl into the fetal position because two posters called my posts garbage after I boldly suggested that our GM should have actually called other teams before jumping at the first trade offer he got. How dare I criticize a GM! Every GM knows better than any fan.
.  
arcarsenal : 3/18/2019 8:23 pm : link
Dude, SO bold.
If we suck this year, we get a better QB than we would have hoped  
Bill L : 3/18/2019 8:28 pm : link
Not sure what your issue is. Itís either win or ...win.
RE: yeah  
Gatorade Dunk : 3/18/2019 8:30 pm : link
In comment 14345185 hitdog42 said:
Quote:
with a line and running game, he can still be fine. is that what we are striving for? why does it make you upset that people might prefer to move on from someone who needs everything right to be solid? for the ripe price of 23m a year?

you should be upset that Reese missed on his OL picks and decisions during Elis late prime. dont be upset because people arent being sentimental about the QB anymore.

Allen would be a great fit/steal for them, lets hope it happens.

This.
Josh Allen  
WillVAB : 3/18/2019 8:35 pm : link
Has been my top guy since the college season.

That would be an absolutely awesome start to the draft.
RE: RE: yeah  
Bill L : 3/18/2019 8:38 pm : link
In comment 14346356 Gatorade Dunk said:
Quote:
In comment 14345185 hitdog42 said:


Quote:


with a line and running game, he can still be fine. is that what we are striving for? why does it make you upset that people might prefer to move on from someone who needs everything right to be solid? for the ripe price of 23m a year?

you should be upset that Reese missed on his OL picks and decisions during Elis late prime. dont be upset because people arent being sentimental about the QB anymore.

Allen would be a great fit/steal for them, lets hope it happens.


This.

Not sure why would not want, much less disparage the idea, of having a good line and running game. But whatever.
RE: My problem with Eli is that  
joeinpa : 3/18/2019 8:51 pm : link
In comment 14345250 section125 said:
Quote:
last year he had two golden chances to make a drive to win the game in the final two minutes and he failed miserably. Was it the Dallas game Coleman got them to the 45 yard line on the kick off and all they needed was 20/25 yards for FG range and he went 0-4 on his passes?

Yes Eli can still play given perfect conditions, but I think his days of regular final minute drives are over...


I ve mentioned this a few times and it was dismissed by some as you canít do it everytime.

I was really bothered by those possessions in crunch time because in today s NFL those types of opportunities are converted more times than not.

The offense was clicjoin thise games, but really came up short with game on the line
RE: RE: RE: RE: This organization is garbage  
PatersonPlank : 3/18/2019 9:47 pm : link
In comment 14346337 Giants38 said:
Quote:
In comment 14345820 dep026 said:


Quote:


In comment 14345808 Brown Recluse said:


Quote:


In comment 14345773 Giants38 said:


Quote:


For those of you who donít think Eli is done, look at how he stacked up against all the other QBs. He was average or below average in virtually every category. I donít care what anyone says; the numbers back up what everyone watches on a weekly basis.

But weíre run by idiots. Today, our idiot GM said the following:

1) he doesnít care about age;
2) he didnít shop the Browns offer around because calling another team causes you to lose leverage;
3) they never considered dumping Eli.

Let that stuff marinate for a second.



Your posts are garbage.



Hehe I giggled .



Yea, it's pretty funny. So neither of you find it troubling that he basically received a call from the Browns, received an offer, and accepted said offer?

Nah, let's take his word for it that he has a plan.

We won't pick a QB this year. We are going to absolutely suck this year, and you two clowns won't be laughing so hard then. I have no doubt that I could run this team better than DAG, who one would think is actually trying to sabotage the Giants.

Sorry I won't curl into the fetal position because two posters called my posts garbage after I boldly suggested that our GM should have actually called other teams before jumping at the first trade offer he got. How dare I criticize a GM! Every GM knows better than any fan.


But your posts are garbage.

The anti-Eli crowd is out in force.
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: My problem with Eli is that  
twostepgiants : 3/18/2019 10:00 pm : link
In comment 14346044 montanagiant said:
Quote:
In comment 14345348 ajr2456 said:


Quote:


In comment 14345343 section125 said:


Quote:


In comment 14345310 bluepepper said:


Quote:


In comment 14345250 section125 said:


Quote:


last year he had two golden chances to make a drive to win the game in the final two minutes and he failed miserably. Was it the Dallas game Coleman got them to the 45 yard line on the kick off and all they needed was 20/25 yards for FG range and he went 0-4 on his passes?

Yes Eli can still play given perfect conditions, but I think his days of regular final minute drives are over...


Honestly Eli hasn't been better than replacement level in those late drives in years. Maybe not since 2012. Sure you can point to a game here or there but every decent QB in the league has their clutch moments. It's huge because that was Eli's calling card even pre-Super Bowls.



He was fine, up until 2017. Can't count 2013 as that was possibly the worst oline in NFL history. But during 2017 he had a couple chances to get it done (Washington game was queued up for him IIRC) and did not. Could be the line, more likely a combo of Eli and the line.

If he gets a proper RT, it may be different, but I am leery.



The team might have been good, but Eli wasn't great in 2016.


He was in the playoff game we would have won if OBJ would have hung on to two TD passes


The Giants lost 34-13. Lets not pretend this game was lost by 1 or 2 or even 3 plays

Eli played very well that day for the 1st half. He also missed on 19 passes thst day, they werent all drops.

The loss wasnt his fault but lets not pretend the Giants were primed to win
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: This organization is garbage  
Giants38 : 3/18/2019 10:23 pm : link
In comment 14346505 PatersonPlank said:
Quote:
In comment 14346337 Giants38 said:


Quote:


In comment 14345820 dep026 said:


Quote:


In comment 14345808 Brown Recluse said:


Quote:


In comment 14345773 Giants38 said:


Quote:


For those of you who donít think Eli is done, look at how he stacked up against all the other QBs. He was average or below average in virtually every category. I donít care what anyone says; the numbers back up what everyone watches on a weekly basis.

But weíre run by idiots. Today, our idiot GM said the following:

1) he doesnít care about age;
2) he didnít shop the Browns offer around because calling another team causes you to lose leverage;
3) they never considered dumping Eli.

Let that stuff marinate for a second.



Your posts are garbage.



Hehe I giggled .



Yea, it's pretty funny. So neither of you find it troubling that he basically received a call from the Browns, received an offer, and accepted said offer?

Nah, let's take his word for it that he has a plan.

We won't pick a QB this year. We are going to absolutely suck this year, and you two clowns won't be laughing so hard then. I have no doubt that I could run this team better than DAG, who one would think is actually trying to sabotage the Giants.

Sorry I won't curl into the fetal position because two posters called my posts garbage after I boldly suggested that our GM should have actually called other teams before jumping at the first trade offer he got. How dare I criticize a GM! Every GM knows better than any fan.



But your posts are garbage.

The anti-Eli crowd is out in force.


What you or really anyone else here thinks of my posts does not affect me.

Last year the same people said put a team around Eli; he'll be a fine. A year later, it's not good enough that we wasted a year on that nonsense. Now, we have to do it again because it's the same crap. With the same people.

49% of people who took the BBI Poll were encouraged by the direction of this franchise. On Twitter, we are a laughingstock. But on here, people are eyes wide shut. You're one of them. So I'm going to worry about what you think of my posts?

After we go 3-13 again next season - and you come back and claim Eli played well down the stretch and he was not responsible for the abomination of a season - don't come back crying to me.
Why the hell are we still debating Eli so hotly  
.McL. : 3/18/2019 10:57 pm : link
I just can't wrap my head around it.

I see Eli as pretty much irrelevant. He will play out his contract this year, and by 2020 there will likely be a new face behind center.

Gettleman sys you can win and build the team as well, he actually pointer out that 5 wins was an improvement over the previous season...

In reality he isn't setting the bar very high, as well nobody should. This is nowhere near a superbowl team.

Paying Eli a few million more than dud like Fitz or Bortles isn't going to make a significant FA difference. Besides Next year is the year we dip into FA. This year, not a big deal.

Eli being responsible for an extra win or two... May hur the draft choice a little, but the team also needs something to keep them going, playing hard and looking ahead to 2020.

So at the end of the day, Eli playing in 2019 doesn't really make a hill of beans difference.

So why is everybody tied up in knots over this?

Rome wasn't built in a day...
PH man, you need to get a grip...  
BlueLou'sBack : 3/19/2019 1:29 am : link
You wrote: "Worst case scenario is all the blue-chip guys for our top need positions are gone. Those guys would be : Q.Will, Bosa, and Allen."

That's hardly a "worst case scenario" because that is THE MOST ANTICIPATED SCENARIO. If it weren't for speculation about Murray going #1 to AZ, those 3 would likely be the first 3 off the board, gone by pick 4...

Most rational folks mocking the draft has those 3 gone before the Giants, so that's virtually a given.
Pages: 1 2 3 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner