Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Dave Tollefson tweet on Dave Gettleman

Eric from BBI : Admin : 3/18/2019 1:15 pm
David Tollefson
& #8207; @DTollefson71
1h1 hour ago

However upset you might be at Gettleman at least he answered questions after making a move. It wasn’t long ago the front office in NY wouldn’t answer to why they did certain things..... much respect Mr. Gettleman
Don't post that Eric.  
section125 : 3/18/2019 1:16 pm : link
The lynch crowd will say it is a lie...
Eric is on fire  
gidiefor : Mod : 3/18/2019 1:17 pm : link
beat me to it by nano seconds
Tolly  
pjcas18 : 3/18/2019 1:17 pm : link
lobbying for a job after hearing the age comment.

RE: Tolly  
Eric from BBI : Admin : 3/18/2019 1:18 pm : link
In comment 14345181 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
lobbying for a job after hearing the age comment.


LOL
What a bar...  
bw in dc : 3/18/2019 1:20 pm : link
We're giving Gettleman credit for answering questions.
Bbi  
Coach Red Beaulieu : 3/18/2019 1:29 pm : link
Hates Tollesfon, roots for the Jets and Philly to win a SB. That's a special kind of dumb.
Gettleman  
Archer : 3/18/2019 1:30 pm : link
In addition to answering questions, Gettleman has a plan.

You may or may not agree with his plan, but, he is going to build a team in his image.

My biggest complaint with the past administration was that the coaching staff did not seem to be on the same page as the management.

The coaches were putting round pegs in square holes.

Gettleman is re-configuring the defense and the offensive line.
Well, Dave is right...he is significantly more  
That’s Gold, Jerry : 3/18/2019 1:45 pm : link
forthcoming than Reese ever was. Reese had an arrogance about him that never impressed anyone. We are paying for his mistakes and Ross's. I keep wondering why Shaun O'Hara hasn't popped him every time he appears on NFLN.

Personally, I do not understand why everyone has their shorts in a knot over DG and his "plan". I know exactly what he is doing and I applaud his efforts. In my view, it is about GD time. Gettleman is trying to build from the inside out, not the outside in method used by Reese. It is really not that difficult to see.

Someone on Sirius NFL Radio said last week that WRs are luxuries...nice to have but not critical to winning. I completely agree. The way has been shown so many times but especially with Belichick recently. So I am all in and I say to Dave "keep going brother"
Gettleman  
PaulN : 3/18/2019 2:23 pm : link
Is making the type of moves to bring back Giant football. The Giants can win with Eli as long as Eli is more a game manager at this point, and he would be very good in that roll. Now he doesn't have to worry about a baby receiver getting enough catches, he can spread the ball around the way he likes to play. I am not in favor of holding on to Eli Manning, but that does not mean you can't win with him now.
RE: Tolly  
Beer Man : 3/18/2019 2:24 pm : link
In comment 14345181 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
lobbying for a job after hearing the age comment.
LOL
RE: Gettleman  
Beer Man : 3/18/2019 2:28 pm : link
In comment 14345225 Archer said:
Quote:
In addition to answering questions, Gettleman has a plan.

You may or may not agree with his plan, but, he is going to build a team in his image.

My biggest complaint with the past administration was that the coaching staff did not seem to be on the same page as the management.

The coaches were putting round pegs in square holes.

Gettleman is re-configuring the defense and the offensive line.
Agree. Completely new O, switching from 4-3 to 3-4 on D, weeding the locker-room. These things take time. I'm not sure what his vision is, but its starting to look like a return to smash-mouth football.
RE: Gettleman  
Coach Red Beaulieu : 3/18/2019 2:31 pm : link
In comment 14345440 PaulN said:
Quote:
Is making the type of moves to bring back Giant football. The Giants can win with Eli as long as Eli is more a game manager at this point, and he would be very good in that roll. Now he doesn't have to worry about a baby receiver getting enough catches, he can spread the ball around the way he likes to play. I am not in favor of holding on to Eli Manning, but that does not mean you can't win with him now.

History doesn't repeat itself but it rhymes. Shockey, addition by subtraction.
RE: Well, Dave is right...he is significantly more  
Ten Ton Hammer : 3/18/2019 2:33 pm : link
In comment 14345287 That’s Gold, Jerry said:
Quote:
forthcoming than Reese ever was. Reese had an arrogance about him that never impressed anyone. We are paying for his mistakes and Ross's. I keep wondering why Shaun O'Hara hasn't popped him every time he appears on NFLN.

Personally, I do not understand why everyone has their shorts in a knot over DG and his "plan". I know exactly what he is doing and I applaud his efforts. In my view, it is about GD time. Gettleman is trying to build from the inside out, not the outside in method used by Reese. It is really not that difficult to see.

Someone on Sirius NFL Radio said last week that WRs are luxuries...nice to have but not critical to winning. I completely agree. The way has been shown so many times but especially with Belichick recently. So I am all in and I say to Dave "keep going brother"


Watch the super bowl again and try insisting Julian Edelman wasnt critical to winning.
RE: Well, Dave is right...he is significantly more  
Jesse B : 3/19/2019 6:43 am : link
In comment 14345287 That’s Gold, Jerry said:
Quote:
forthcoming than Reese ever was. Reese had an arrogance about him that never impressed anyone. We are paying for his mistakes and Ross's. I keep wondering why Shaun O'Hara hasn't popped him every time he appears on NFLN.

Personally, I do not understand why everyone has their shorts in a knot over DG and his "plan". I know exactly what he is doing and I applaud his efforts. In my view, it is about GD time. Gettleman is trying to build from the inside out, not the outside in method used by Reese. It is really not that difficult to see.

Someone on Sirius NFL Radio said last week that WRs are luxuries...nice to have but not critical to winning. I completely agree. The way has been shown so many times but especially with Belichick recently. So I am all in and I say to Dave "keep going brother"



That outside in narrative just isn’t true. They missed on players but had a lot of money and high draft picks invested in both lines
Back to the Corner