Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

Dave 'Te with a juicy Giants Rumor

Anakim : 3/19/2019 3:25 pm
The NFL Draft Report
PRO DAY RUMOR MILL
Chatter today at Tide Pro Day-Giants serious in talks with Raiders in attempt to move up for Quinnen Williams. No details, but it obviously will include #6 & other goodies
Pages: 1 2 3 4 <<Prev | Show All |
The Jets are Stupid  
ZogZerg : 3/19/2019 4:52 pm : link
Of course they overpaid. But they wanted a QB and were desperate!

RE: adamg  
Amtoft : 3/19/2019 4:55 pm : link
In comment 14348072 bc4life said:
Quote:
there's not 6 blue chippers? (or more)


If all the others are blue chips which I agree then we need a super blue chip. Not all blue chips are equal. These are 3 of the best Def players I have seen in the draft at the same time. I would go up to 4 in a heart beat as long as I still had another 1st.
Anak  
Big Rick in FL : 3/19/2019 5:10 pm : link
Where did you see this rumor?
Quinnen Williams  
Philu916 : 3/19/2019 5:13 pm : link
Donít many mocks consider Williams going 2 overall UNLESS Cards take Murray? Letís say Murray goes 1, Bosa 2 to SF. 3 would be Williams to the Jets. I donít see the Jets taking Allen over Williams, I can totally be wrong though. This kind of trade could easily backfire.
RE: Quinnen Williams  
Amtoft : 3/19/2019 5:16 pm : link
In comment 14348263 Philu916 said:
Quote:
Donít many mocks consider Williams going 2 overall UNLESS Cards take Murray? Letís say Murray goes 1, Bosa 2 to SF. 3 would be Williams to the Jets. I donít see the Jets taking Allen over Williams, I can totally be wrong though. This kind of trade could easily backfire.


Why wouldn't they take Josh Allen... They clearly want an OLB after they missed on Anthony Barr. He is a stud and they easily can take him.
RE: Anak  
Diver_Down : 3/19/2019 5:16 pm : link
In comment 14348258 Big Rick in FL said:
Quote:
Where did you see this rumor?


It is in Dave Te's thread.
RE: RE: Anak  
Diver_Down : 3/19/2019 5:19 pm : link
In comment 14348271 Diver_Down said:
Quote:
In comment 14348258 Big Rick in FL said:


Quote:


Where did you see this rumor?



It is in Dave Te's thread.

Dave Te's Rumor - ( New Window )
RE: RE: RE: Anak  
Big Rick in FL : 3/19/2019 5:23 pm : link
In comment 14348276 Diver_Down said:
Quote:
In comment 14348271 Diver_Down said:


Quote:


In comment 14348258 Big Rick in FL said:


Quote:


Where did you see this rumor?



It is in Dave Te's thread.

Dave Te's Rumor - ( New Window )


Thanks! Somehow completely overlooked that thread.
DG must be wishing  
JonC : 3/19/2019 5:32 pm : link
they'd drafted Donald over OB.

Draft an ER, please.
After last. year's made up rumor  
Sy'56 : 3/19/2019 5:56 pm : link
About NO offering Kamara to NYG, I won't take in any rumors from him.
True or not  
oreojenkins : 3/19/2019 6:02 pm : link
I'd love to get into the top 4. There's a steep and noticeable dropoff after Murray, Bosa, Q, and Allen. Those are the truly elite guys. 6 is like no man's land. If not up, I'd prefer to trade back as there are a lot of good players from 5 on that are all within the same ballpark of each other.
RE: After last. year's made up rumor  
adamg : 3/19/2019 6:07 pm : link
In comment 14348334 Sy'56 said:
Quote:
About NO offering Kamara to NYG, I won't take in any rumors from him.


That's a fair point. This is a Dave Te rumor we're talking about...
RE: True or not  
Pan-handler : 3/19/2019 6:10 pm : link
In comment 14348345 oreojenkins said:
Quote:
I'd love to get into the top 4. There's a steep and noticeable dropoff after Murray, Bosa, Q, and Allen. Those are the truly elite guys. 6 is like no man's land. If not up, I'd prefer to trade back as there are a lot of good players from 5 on that are all within the same ballpark of each other.


Agreed. Though I think Sweat and Greedy are the clear next 2 after a bit of a drop.
I love Allen  
ryanmkeane : 3/19/2019 6:17 pm : link
but Iím not sure heís elite. Can he play the run?
Nothing against Dave  
ryanmkeane : 3/19/2019 6:19 pm : link
but last year he seemed to say a lot of things (like 10 things) relating to the Giants and none of them came to fruition. It was like that one year when Jordan named 15 prospects they would take and Engram wasnít listed.
Agree  
PaulN : 3/19/2019 6:26 pm : link
It doesn't make sense, the trade up that makes all the sense in the world is a trade up from 6 to 4 or 5 for Allen, that is what I think the Giants could do.
Williams would be great value at the 4th pick in the draft, but I  
Ira : 3/19/2019 6:33 pm : link
doubt he lasts that long and I doubt that the Raiders would pass up the opportunity to pick him if he does.
RE: Thanks. Thought we still had two thirds.  
Gatorade Dunk : 3/19/2019 6:37 pm : link
In comment 14347955 Beezer said:
Quote:
It's just 2 spots, from 6 to 4. Would a fourth get it done?

No way I'd want the Giants to cash in next year's 1st to move 2 spots.

It cost the Jets three 2nds to go from 6 to 3 last year. Going from 6 to 4 would cost at least one 2nd, possibly more than just that.
Stick with 6 and 17  
Earl the goat : 3/19/2019 6:40 pm : link
Get your offensive lineman. Taylor. Ford. Risner
Get your defensive lineman. Gary. Lawrence Ferrell or even Devin White(LB)
No overthinking here. No fancy moves. Build the lines
RE: I love Allen  
bw in dc : 3/19/2019 6:48 pm : link
In comment 14348375 ryanmkeane said:
Quote:
but Iím not sure heís elite. Can he play the run?


He's a very good player at everything.

I see a lot of Richard Seymour.
RE: Stick with 6 and 17  
MarineMan : 3/19/2019 6:50 pm : link
In comment 14348406 Earl the goat said:
Quote:
Get your offensive lineman. Taylor. Ford. Risner
Get your defensive lineman. Gary. Lawrence Ferrell or even Devin White(LB)
No overthinking here. No fancy moves. Build the lines



I agree.
Why would we tell anybody.....  
MOOPS : 3/19/2019 7:37 pm : link
who we want to trade up for?
RE: RE: Would it be wise to use up quality picks,  
Danny80 : 3/19/2019 7:39 pm : link
In comment 14347928 Amtoft said:
Quote:
In comment 14347914 Big Blue '56 said:


Quote:


if we can get a great pick at 6?



Yes... Quinnen Williams is elite and if you don't get Nick Bosa, Josh Allen, or Big Q then you are getting a top player not an elite player. He would be a monster for us and I would trade all day ever day as long as it doesn't include #17


I agree with this. Those three seem to be on a top shelf of their own this year. If I were to trade up, i'd prefer to trade up for Josh Allen, partly because I think Williams would have to play DE in the 3-4, and he might not reach his potential for inside pressure playing end.
It seems hard to believe that the Giants  
mattyblue : 3/19/2019 7:39 pm : link
would trade up for anything other than a QB. Seems strange.
RE: After last. year's made up rumor  
Dan in the Springs : 3/19/2019 7:40 pm : link
In comment 14348334 Sy'56 said:
Quote:
About NO offering Kamara to NYG, I won't take in any rumors from him.


I'm trying to make sense of him saying that Haskins ran a 4.59 40 in the spring. Chalking it up to confusion, because it seems impossible to have happened. Sometimes with as many contacts as he has and as many prospects as he follows, it could be he gets confused about what he's hearing/heard.

I don't know.
RE: RE: RE: Would it be wise to use up quality picks,  
GFAN52 : 3/19/2019 7:46 pm : link
In comment 14348494 Danny80 said:
Quote:
In comment 14347928 Amtoft said:


Quote:


In comment 14347914 Big Blue '56 said:


Quote:


if we can get a great pick at 6?



Yes... Quinnen Williams is elite and if you don't get Nick Bosa, Josh Allen, or Big Q then you are getting a top player not an elite player. He would be a monster for us and I would trade all day ever day as long as it doesn't include #17



I agree with this. Those three seem to be on a top shelf of their own this year. If I were to trade up, i'd prefer to trade up for Josh Allen, partly because I think Williams would have to play DE in the 3-4, and he might not reach his potential for inside pressure playing end.


I'd rather have Josh Allen if we could move up without a significant cost.
Isn't it just due diligence ...  
George from PA : 3/19/2019 8:00 pm : link
That teams make calls.....to see what moves are available....just to know who wants to trade up, trade down, etc
RE: RE: I love Allen  
adamg : 3/19/2019 8:05 pm : link
In comment 14348414 bw in dc said:
Quote:
In comment 14348375 ryanmkeane said:


Quote:


but Iím not sure heís elite. Can he play the run?



He's a very good player at everything.

I see a lot of Richard Seymour.


A little Richard Seymour? There's about a fifty pound difference there...
how often  
BigBlueCane : 3/19/2019 8:09 pm : link
do Alabama Defensive players improve after they're drafted?
wish for Allen or Bosa  
Elite Mobster #32 : 3/19/2019 8:41 pm : link
Bosa would be a surprise at LB
I would rather stay put at #6  
Bluesbreaker : 3/19/2019 9:16 pm : link
We could however move up in the 2nd round if someone we
covet slides . If were gonna start throwing picks around
then do it for a QB . We have plenty of holes to fill .
he isn't a nose tackle . He is a great prospect but
we should keep our assets and use them wisely .
RE: RE: Stick with 6 and 17  
Bluesbreaker : 3/19/2019 9:39 pm : link
In comment 14348417 MarineMan said:
Quote:
In comment 14348406 Earl the goat said:


Quote:


Get your offensive lineman. Taylor. Ford. Risner
Get your defensive lineman. Gary. Lawrence Ferrell or even Devin White(LB)
No overthinking here. No fancy moves. Build the lines




I agree.


I will third that I love Allen he can do it all IMO but
Jets are going Allen or Williams
Would you take Greedy Williams if he slides to 17 ?
Not me trenches !
If this is true  
1st and 10 : 3/20/2019 1:07 am : link
I will be pissed. This will show that Dave G has no plan. You have a real opportunity to rebuild your team with the draft capital we have, do no waste it by trading up.

With that said, I believe this to be false, no way he will last to pick 4.
RE: RE: RE: I love Allen  
madgiantscow009 : 3/20/2019 1:27 am : link
In comment 14348515 adamg said:
Quote:
In comment 14348414 bw in dc said:


Quote:


In comment 14348375 ryanmkeane said:


Quote:


but Iím not sure heís elite. Can he play the run?



He's a very good player at everything.

I see a lot of Richard Seymour.



A little Richard Seymour? There's about a fifty pound difference there...


seems littler. so a little richard seymour.
RE: Is Williams That Much Better  
allstarjim : 3/20/2019 1:32 am : link
In comment 14347939 clatterbuck said:
Quote:
than other defensive players available at six? Doesn't seem to make sense.


Yes, all day. Quinnen Williams is a manimal. I think he's the best player in this draft as well, and I think he's in a class by himself, and no I didn't forget about Bosa. I think he's way better than Bosa, and I think Bosa is no worse than the 3rd best player in this draft.

If Williams was available via trade up, and the Giants did that, I wouldn't flinch.
RE: RE: Is Williams That Much Better  
Pan-handler : 3/20/2019 5:14 am : link
In comment 14348741 allstarjim said:
Quote:
In comment 14347939 clatterbuck said:


Quote:


than other defensive players available at six? Doesn't seem to make sense.



Yes, all day. Quinnen Williams is a manimal. I think he's the best player in this draft as well, and I think he's in a class by himself, and no I didn't forget about Bosa. I think he's way better than Bosa, and I think Bosa is no worse than the 3rd best player in this draft.

If Williams was available via trade up, and the Giants did that, I wouldn't flinch.


We have a number of needs but depending on price, I'd be all for the best player in the draft 2 years straight.
Give #6 + Evan Engram  
idiotsavant : 3/20/2019 6:04 am : link
. I'd do it.
You guys are pretty..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 3/20/2019 8:24 am : link
good just to be able to parse out a trade rumor in those walls of text!!
Zero interest in doing this  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 3/20/2019 8:30 am : link
...
I'm always hesitant to trade up for a guy  
Chris684 : 3/20/2019 8:51 am : link
when there's no guarantee he's available at the spot I traded up to.

So we make the move for Q. Williams and then what if Lynch decides he likes him better than Bosa/Allen?

Unless you're making this move when you're on the clock and you know he's there, be careful.
If we trade up for Quinnen Williams...  
Big_Pete : 3/20/2019 8:54 pm : link
Could Dalvin Tomlinson be included as part of the deal?

Quinnen Williams is a dynamic 3T. We could move B.J Hill to NT, plus the new signing Olsen Pierre played NT for Bettcher previously.
RE: You guys are pretty..  
adamg : 3/21/2019 3:13 am : link
In comment 14348857 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
good just to be able to parse out a trade rumor in those walls of text!!


Do you read those?
RE: RE: You guys are pretty..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 3/21/2019 8:20 am : link
In comment 14350743 adamg said:
Quote:
In comment 14348857 FatMan in Charlotte said:


Quote:


good just to be able to parse out a trade rumor in those walls of text!!



Do you read those?


Nope. I'll wait for Sy's reports. Formatted. Easy to read. Numerical Grade. No eye strain. And no announcement in every thread title that it is Sy.
RE: RE: RE: You guys are pretty..  
adamg : 3/21/2019 2:46 pm : link
In comment 14350827 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
In comment 14350743 adamg said:


Quote:


In comment 14348857 FatMan in Charlotte said:


Quote:


good just to be able to parse out a trade rumor in those walls of text!!



Do you read those?



Nope. I'll wait for Sy's reports. Formatted. Easy to read. Numerical Grade. No eye strain. And no announcement in every thread title that it is Sy.


I'm the same way.
if you move up  
msh : 3/22/2019 6:27 am : link
it needs to be for a QB this is a very strong defensive draft moving up isnt good value unless you have conviction in a QB.

gettleman has said several times he wants to follow the kansas city model this can only mean a trade up to secure haskins which will require a move up with either the jets or raiders who are also reportedly interested in haskins too

if murray does go 1 to arizona then bosa will almost certainly go 2 ,since neither 49ers or jets are going QB this is where you need to target first to beat oakland unless you trade with oakland or plan to take a trade with rosen where i wouldnt spend more than the second or third round pick given how fast he is being moved its a huge red flag

i never wanted him when they could have taken him either and nothing he has done on or off the field has changed to make him any better
To me it is a fallacy to take the strong  
idiotsavant : 3/22/2019 8:02 am : link
defense supply in the draft as an excuse to not draft D early.

The move is exactly the opposite, you go hard at the strength of supply and try to build abundant units.


and go for Offensive 'skills positions' (WRs, QBs, skinny people) in 2020.
can Qinnen Williams play QB ?  
Jersey55 : 3/22/2019 4:48 pm : link
if he can't then my answer is no.
RE: Depends on the cost  
Jersey55 : 3/23/2019 1:39 pm : link
In comment 14347937 Bill L said:
Quote:
I've read a couple places where Williams is the best player in the draft. If I trade, I would much rather use an asset for Williams than Rosen.
we can have both, trade for Rosen and draft Williams, its all doable.
RE: I would rather stay put at #6  
Jersey55 : 3/23/2019 1:46 pm : link
In comment 14348614 Bluesbreaker said:
Quote:
We could however move up in the 2nd round if someone we
covet slides . If were gonna start throwing picks around
then do it for a QB . We have plenty of holes to fill .
he isn't a nose tackle . He is a great prospect but
we should keep our assets and use them wisely .
we need to take our QB while we are in a position to do it without having to mortgage the franchise next year to get one.
RE: RE: I would rather stay put at #6  
Pan-handler : 3/23/2019 1:49 pm : link
In comment 14354307 Jersey55 said:
Quote:
In comment 14348614 Bluesbreaker said:


Quote:


We could however move up in the 2nd round if someone we
covet slides . If were gonna start throwing picks around
then do it for a QB . We have plenty of holes to fill .
he isn't a nose tackle . He is a great prospect but
we should keep our assets and use them wisely .

we need to take our QB while we are in a position to do it without having to mortgage the franchise next year to get one.


Agreed. And we may be picking alot lower than 6 next year too. Even an 8-8 season could have us picking at 17. The cost will be pretty enormous to trade up for a top QB.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner