Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

Tua's 40 time was just 4.90 when last run.

VinegarPeppers : 3/20/2019 4:11 pm
Pretty much a push with Haskin's 5.1, unless we're racing.

So how much better is he than Haskins?

This is just a question, not a challenge. That 5.1 speed seems to be the major objection, along with a limited sample, with taking Haskins this draft.
...  
Ten Ton Hammer : 3/20/2019 4:13 pm : link
The 40 yard dash is practically useless when it comes to evalutating  
Brown Recluse : 3/20/2019 4:15 pm : link
QBs
Tua  
Archer : 3/20/2019 4:16 pm : link
Where did you see that Tua ran a 4.9 forty?
He looks a lot faster on the field

Were you under the impression that he was Mike Vick 2.0?  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 3/20/2019 4:16 pm : link
...
Both of those guys  
fivehead : 3/20/2019 4:18 pm : link
are 3x faster than Eli.
Dont care about qb 40 time  
Jim Bur(n)t : 3/20/2019 4:19 pm : link
Pocket presence / instinct / wiggle . - hell yes
I don't think it's a stretch...  
bw in dc : 3/20/2019 4:21 pm : link
to conclude Tua is a better athlete than Haskins. His short space quickness and flexibility - like this spin-out moves - are skills Haskins can only dream of having.

I'd like to see more reporting on that 40 time.
Tua is more mobile moving around the pocket  
widmerseyebrow : 3/20/2019 4:23 pm : link
I don't care how fast a QB can run downfield before he gets clobbered and injured.
In other big news of the day...  
BamaBlue : 3/20/2019 4:25 pm : link
wet roads are slippery.
Was that with the cast on his ankle before the bowl game?  
GiantsRage2007 : 3/20/2019 4:27 pm : link
4.9?
Eli ran a 4.92  
Joey from GlenCove : 3/20/2019 4:28 pm : link
per the internet.

THATS how slow hankins is haha
Did he run at Indy?  
ZogZerg : 3/20/2019 4:43 pm : link
.
RE: ...  
weaverpsu : 3/20/2019 5:18 pm : link
In comment 14350041 Ten Ton Hammer said:
Quote:


Oh man, thats funny. I was thinking the same thing. 40 time? LOL. Really??
I don't  
Josh in the City : 3/20/2019 5:19 pm : link
believe Tua ran a 4.9. He's significantly faster than that on film.
RE: Both of those guys  
weaverpsu : 3/20/2019 5:20 pm : link
In comment 14350055 fivehead said:
Quote:
are 3x faster than Eli.


Now....but not when drafted.
Haskins: Slower than Expected  
Rafflee : 3/20/2019 5:49 pm : link
Everyone was expecting a 4.8-4.9---- he ran a 5.1...... that could be "Not A Big Deal"---except, he looked out of shape. Maybe he's just doughy...or maybe he was out of shape!--- and surrendered 2-3 ticks in his time....during the biggest job interview of his life.

So...what was it?

RE: Haskins: Slower than Expected  
bw in dc : 3/20/2019 5:52 pm : link
In comment 14350243 Rafflee said:
Quote:
Everyone was expecting a 4.8-4.9---- he ran a 5.1...... that could be "Not A Big Deal"---except, he looked out of shape. Maybe he's just doughy...or maybe he was out of shape!--- and surrendered 2-3 ticks in his time....during the biggest job interview of his life.

So...what was it?


At his workout today, he looked leaner than the Combine. And admitted his wasn't in ideal shape for the Combine.

Red flag? Maybe. My guess is he got some negative feedback from the Combine about his condition and decided to address it leading up to today...
RE: The 40 yard dash is practically useless when it comes to evalutating  
Tuckrule : 3/20/2019 8:15 pm : link
In comment 14350045 Brown Recluse said:
Quote:
QBs


This. Eli ran a 4.92. Who the hell cares
.  
arcarsenal : 3/20/2019 8:30 pm : link
Some of you guys citing Eli's time need to realize that Eli today would probably be over 5 easily.

Young Eli was never going to be confused for a guy with plus mobility or anything, but if you watch clips of him from early in his career, you will remember that he wasn't always quite this slow.

He was more nimble on his feet and actually did have the ability to evade a free rusher for a time rather than do what he does now - which is just fall down and give up on the play because he knows he's not getting away.

Not a knock on Eli - the guy is almost 40 years old. Of course he's not as quick as he was in his early 20's.

But Eli wasn't always this slow - and Haskins is absolutely not the same speed as 38 year old Eli.
Haskins  
jtfuoco : 3/20/2019 10:12 pm : link
Is going to weigh about 300 pounds in a few years. You should not look that doughy and out if shape when your that young and getting ready for the NFL
RE: RE: Haskins: Slower than Expected  
jestersdead : 3/21/2019 12:14 am : link
In comment 14350249 bw in dc said:
Quote:
In comment 14350243 Rafflee said:


Quote:


Everyone was expecting a 4.8-4.9---- he ran a 5.1...... that could be "Not A Big Deal"---except, he looked out of shape. Maybe he's just doughy...or maybe he was out of shape!--- and surrendered 2-3 ticks in his time....during the biggest job interview of his life.

So...what was it?




At his workout today, he looked leaner than the Combine. And admitted his wasn't in ideal shape for the Combine.

Red flag? Maybe. My guess is he got some negative feedback from the Combine about his condition and decided to address it leading up to today...

Does being out of shape at the combine raise flags for his future? Im in the camp that says yes. I don't understand how someone who has been training for that day the last 2 months, looks to be out of shape. Even today, an NFL Network guy mentioned he looked out of breath. Pretty sure they have rehearsed the pro day prior to today. How are you not more physically prepared? Could cost yourself millions of dollars.

Shows a lazy mindset and someone not committed to being his best
I expect him to Be HIS FASTEST...NOT Fast  
Rafflee : 3/21/2019 8:07 am : link
HIS FASTEST.... The 5.1 means nothing, itself. Is that His Best? Is he also a gifted 1-3 step in pocket mover?

If I felt he was not ready...not in shape.... for the Combine and his pro day... Yeah--I'd be Out.

Some ballplayers look like crap---most don't. He looks like crap. So---Is he out of shape???...or just Mishapen???

5.1 speed or not...he looks heavy legged. My biggest interest is weather he can reset his feet...move a "Necessary Step or three"... Eli has always done that well---great foot position and re-position. I don;t need these guys to outrun edge rushers---I need them to be Thre Steps Nimble and Throw

(He Looks like Craig Morton)
RE: RE: RE: Haskins: Slower than Expected  
UConn4523 : 3/21/2019 8:11 am : link
In comment 14350712 jestersdead said:
Quote:
In comment 14350249 bw in dc said:


Quote:


In comment 14350243 Rafflee said:


Quote:


Everyone was expecting a 4.8-4.9---- he ran a 5.1...... that could be "Not A Big Deal"---except, he looked out of shape. Maybe he's just doughy...or maybe he was out of shape!--- and surrendered 2-3 ticks in his time....during the biggest job interview of his life.

So...what was it?




At his workout today, he looked leaner than the Combine. And admitted his wasn't in ideal shape for the Combine.

Red flag? Maybe. My guess is he got some negative feedback from the Combine about his condition and decided to address it leading up to today...


Does being out of shape at the combine raise flags for his future? Im in the camp that says yes. I don't understand how someone who has been training for that day the last 2 months, looks to be out of shape. Even today, an NFL Network guy mentioned he looked out of breath. Pretty sure they have rehearsed the pro day prior to today. How are you not more physically prepared? Could cost yourself millions of dollars.

Shows a lazy mindset and someone not committed to being his best


It’s funny because “lazy” is the exact opposite of what’s being reported about him, from everyone, everywhere.
What someone runs with a couple months of full-time prep...  
Dunedin81 : 3/21/2019 8:21 am : link
spending hours on that drill alone is quite different from what someone runs as part of a regular training regiment not specifically tailored to that drill. I'd be surprised if Tua ran a 4.9 next year.
I don't get the Tua obsession  
rsjem1979 : 3/21/2019 8:46 am : link
Everyone talks about how Kyler Murray is going to get killed because he's too small, but I think Tua is going to get killed because he constantly holds the ball and turns his back to the pass rush when he's scrambling and puts himself in absolutely awful spots.

He's a compound fracture waiting to happen. If I had to choose between Haskins at 6 this year or trying to get Tua in 2020, I take Haskins all day.
Speaking of Tua  
Ten Ton Hammer : 3/21/2019 9:11 am : link
I see a lot of people skeptical of Haskins because he never had to face any tough conditions.

Well what adversity did Tua have to go through playing for a juggernaut Bama team? Every game is ideal conditions with a dominant defense handing you back the ball.
Back to the Corner