Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

AZ still "undecided" with 1st pick according to Kingsbury

GFAN52 : 3/23/2019 9:43 pm
Quote:
"We haven't [decided what we're going to do with the top pick]. We haven't. We're a long ways from that," Kingsbury said. "You know, coaches on the road, scouts from the road, private workouts, pro days. And we won't even discuss until next week and try to fill our board and go from there."


Quote:
Kingsbury clarified that they have spoken and the soon-to-be-second-year quarterback knows he's thought highly of and, likely most importantly, that no matter what happens, it's simply the way of the NFL.

"Yeah, I've talked to Josh and he understands it's a business and what all goes with the first pick and what's going on," the coach said.

So, it's not out of the question that Rosen could be a Cardinal next season, but the only clarity offered by Kingsbury is that nothing is out of the question.

"Yeah, I do [think Rosen could remain with the team]. I do," Kingsbury said. "I mean, when you have the first pick, anything can happen, as you know, but you know, he's a talented player, and we're very high on him and that hasn't changed."

Whatever you say coach...:)
Link - ( New Window )
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
RE: Rosen might be worth a round 1 pick  
eric2425ny : 3/23/2019 10:48 pm : link
In comment 14354777 morrison40 said:
Quote:
Depending on how head coaches grade his tape, lots of teams will need QBs over the next 2 seasons, Giants included.


Maybe, but a smart team wonít give up a top 20 pick for him. The Cardinals would obviously have to move him if they take Murray.
Ooopha  
Johnny5 : 3/23/2019 10:50 pm : link
Man OH MAN do I hope we are in play for a Rosen trade. I mean wow I would feel like we won the lottery.
Agree, Bleed ....  
Manny in CA : 3/23/2019 10:58 pm : link

The Cards are screwed, either way.

(Cue) ....

As the world famous philosopher (the great WC Fields) was famous for saying - "never give a sucker an even break"

People are delusional  
WillVAB : 3/23/2019 10:59 pm : link
The moment the Cards draft Murray theyíre getting pennies on the dollar for Rosen.

The only way theyíre getting anything close to value is if multiple teams get in a bidding war for Rosen or if a team in the playoff hunt loses a QB mid-season.



RE: RE: RE: Arizona would be smart to keep Rosen and draft Murray  
Boy Cord : 3/23/2019 11:11 pm : link
In comment 14354772 BleedBlue said:
Quote:
In comment 14354758 FranknWeezer said:


Quote:


In comment 14354747 gtt350 said:


Quote:


can always trade one down the road



To the contrary, I think they not only should trade him, but they need to trade him before the draft. Two reasons: 1. If they wait til after theyíve take Murray, everyone will know their desperation to recoup value for him. 2. If they wait til after or very close to the draft, teams will have focused on draftable qbís or ones theyíve just taken, and there will be less interest in and roster space for him.



I agree trade asap but if they discuss a Rosen trade with you....you know they are taking Murray #1. So it's not like teams will give full value. Once they offer up.rosen it's oh I see you're taking murray


However, if there are multiple teams interested in Rosen his value will increase. All it takes is one team to offer more to ensure they get him.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Arizona would be smart to keep Rosen and draft Murray  
Boy Cord : 3/23/2019 11:11 pm : link
In comment 14354792 Boy Cord said:
Quote:
In comment 14354772 BleedBlue said:


Quote:


In comment 14354758 FranknWeezer said:


Quote:


In comment 14354747 gtt350 said:


Quote:


can always trade one down the road



To the contrary, I think they not only should trade him, but they need to trade him before the draft. Two reasons: 1. If they wait til after theyíve take Murray, everyone will know their desperation to recoup value for him. 2. If they wait til after or very close to the draft, teams will have focused on draftable qbís or ones theyíve just taken, and there will be less interest in and roster space for him.



I agree trade asap but if they discuss a Rosen trade with you....you know they are taking Murray #1. So it's not like teams will give full value. Once they offer up.rosen it's oh I see you're taking murray



However, if there are multiple teams interested in Rosen his value will increase. All it takes is one team to offer more to ensure they get him.


And I see Will just said this in the post right above mine.
Rosen's value..  
FranchiseQB : 3/23/2019 11:23 pm : link
is determined by the market, not by the Cardinals situation. If there are two or more teams who want Rosen they could wind up paying a premium. This is basic economic theory.
RE: Rosen might be worth a round 1 pick  
Deejboy : 3/23/2019 11:27 pm : link
In comment 14354777 morrison40 said:
Quote:
Depending on how head coaches grade his tape, lots of teams will need QBs over the next 2 seasons, Giants included.

The problem is the older that tape gets the more his value goes down. The Colts reportedly turned down a 2nd round pick for Jacoby Brissett last year. No one would offer that this year for Brissett.
RE: Rosen's value..  
Giants38 : 3/23/2019 11:30 pm : link
In comment 14354798 FranchiseQB said:
Quote:
is determined by the market, not by the Cardinals situation. If there are two or more teams who want Rosen they could wind up paying a premium. This is basic economic theory.


Exactly. I don't understand why people can't grasp this. If the Patriots want Rosen and say, we'll give you the 32 pick for Rosen, the baseline is now a pick higher than that. We can protest all we want on this board, but that is just a fact.

And, before people go off saying BB won't do that, I would not be so sure. If he thinks Rosen is spectacular, he'll do it to get the guy he believes is the QB of the future. And that means we will have to offer the 17 pick. Maybe the 17 pick for Rosen and another pick coming back, but immediately our second (unless we often a sweetener) and our third cease to get it done.

I really hope people start understanding this sooner than later.
RE: RE: Rosen's value..  
FranchiseQB : 3/23/2019 11:33 pm : link
In comment 14354803 Giants38 said:
Quote:
In comment 14354798 FranchiseQB said:


Quote:


is determined by the market, not by the Cardinals situation. If there are two or more teams who want Rosen they could wind up paying a premium. This is basic economic theory.



Exactly. I don't understand why people can't grasp this. If the Patriots want Rosen and say, we'll give you the 32 pick for Rosen, the baseline is now a pick higher than that. We can protest all we want on this board, but that is just a fact.

And, before people go off saying BB won't do that, I would not be so sure. If he thinks Rosen is spectacular, he'll do it to get the guy he believes is the QB of the future. And that means we will have to offer the 17 pick. Maybe the 17 pick for Rosen and another pick coming back, but immediately our second (unless we often a sweetener) and our third cease to get it done.

I really hope people start understanding this sooner than later.


They don't have to understand it. It's true whether they do or not. They would be better informed fans if they did however. It's like blaming higher ticket prices at Yankee games because they gave ARod a lot of money. ARod's salary didn't dictate ticket prices, demand did. Same thing here. You can bet if two or more teams want Rosen they will drive the price up. I think Rosen goes for at least a second, maybe a low first. I could see the Pats doing that. So then the Giants would need to beat it, with a second plus something else, or their #17.
RE: RE: RE: Rosen's value..  
Giants38 : 3/23/2019 11:42 pm : link
In comment 14354804 FranchiseQB said:
Quote:
In comment 14354803 Giants38 said:


Quote:


In comment 14354798 FranchiseQB said:


Quote:


is determined by the market, not by the Cardinals situation. If there are two or more teams who want Rosen they could wind up paying a premium. This is basic economic theory.



Exactly. I don't understand why people can't grasp this. If the Patriots want Rosen and say, we'll give you the 32 pick for Rosen, the baseline is now a pick higher than that. We can protest all we want on this board, but that is just a fact.

And, before people go off saying BB won't do that, I would not be so sure. If he thinks Rosen is spectacular, he'll do it to get the guy he believes is the QB of the future. And that means we will have to offer the 17 pick. Maybe the 17 pick for Rosen and another pick coming back, but immediately our second (unless we often a sweetener) and our third cease to get it done.

I really hope people start understanding this sooner than later.



They don't have to understand it. It's true whether they do or not. They would be better informed fans if they did however. It's like blaming higher ticket prices at Yankee games because they gave ARod a lot of money. ARod's salary didn't dictate ticket prices, demand did. Same thing here. You can bet if two or more teams want Rosen they will drive the price up. I think Rosen goes for at least a second, maybe a low first. I could see the Pats doing that. So then the Giants would need to beat it, with a second plus something else, or their #17.


I think you are dead on. If I were a betting man, the Pats are going to offer the 32 pick for Rosen. So, I agree, that it is going to take the 17 pick to get it done. As I said in my earlier post, it may not be a straight one for one swap. Maybe it is the 17 pick for Rosen and the AZ 3rd (65 or wherever it is). People can say that they want Rosen and the 33 in that instance, but something tells me that the Cards would prefer 32 for Rosen straight up rather than 17 for Rosen and 33. They may be ok with parting for Rosen and 65, though.
RE: I would be happy to acquire Rosen  
djm : 3/23/2019 11:46 pm : link
In comment 14354764 Jay on the Island said:
Quote:
if the cost is a 2nd and possibly a 4th but I am beginning to lean towards taking Haskins at 6 instead. He is really growing on me and the Giants probably won't be picking in the top 10 next season so they shouldn't pass on the opportunity to draft their next franchise QB.


My take as well. I donít think Murray will be there but thereís a chance one of them will make it to 6. I donít see any alarming red flags at all with either qb. Murray has the size issues but heís a ridiculous talent. Haskins is the polished prolific guy. Both legit. If one is there and the giants consider him a top flight qb prospect, not Andrew luck quality but close enough, itís time to pull the trigger. Even if you love Eli and think heís got years left, itís time to address the position as long as everything fits. Last year I get, with a ď99Ē type prospect sitting there in Barkley, but that guy ainít making it to 6 this year.
Unfortunately, for them, Rosen is "damaged goods" ....  
Manny in CA : 3/24/2019 12:50 am : link

Not physically, but image-wise. His value is already diminished, never-mind that from a fair-minded point of view, he had a lousy line blocking for him.

Quarterback needy teams smell "blood in the water", they will wait till the Cards tip their hand - then they'll strike; including as mentioned, the "hooded one" from the Pats.

Come on, djm, Haskins polished ?  
Manny in CA : 3/24/2019 12:53 am : link

No doubt, he had a great ONE year. Was it just a flash, or is he for real - that is what every GM who is considering him is wondering.
I believe it  
ron mexico : 3/24/2019 7:07 am : link
Rosen trade value is dropping every day
RE: RE: RE: RE: Rosen's value..  
WillVAB : 3/24/2019 7:28 am : link
In comment 14354807 Giants38 said:
Quote:
In comment 14354804 FranchiseQB said:


Quote:


In comment 14354803 Giants38 said:


Quote:


In comment 14354798 FranchiseQB said:


Quote:


is determined by the market, not by the Cardinals situation. If there are two or more teams who want Rosen they could wind up paying a premium. This is basic economic theory.



Exactly. I don't understand why people can't grasp this. If the Patriots want Rosen and say, we'll give you the 32 pick for Rosen, the baseline is now a pick higher than that. We can protest all we want on this board, but that is just a fact.

And, before people go off saying BB won't do that, I would not be so sure. If he thinks Rosen is spectacular, he'll do it to get the guy he believes is the QB of the future. And that means we will have to offer the 17 pick. Maybe the 17 pick for Rosen and another pick coming back, but immediately our second (unless we often a sweetener) and our third cease to get it done.

I really hope people start understanding this sooner than later.



They don't have to understand it. It's true whether they do or not. They would be better informed fans if they did however. It's like blaming higher ticket prices at Yankee games because they gave ARod a lot of money. ARod's salary didn't dictate ticket prices, demand did. Same thing here. You can bet if two or more teams want Rosen they will drive the price up. I think Rosen goes for at least a second, maybe a low first. I could see the Pats doing that. So then the Giants would need to beat it, with a second plus something else, or their #17.



I think you are dead on. If I were a betting man, the Pats are going to offer the 32 pick for Rosen. So, I agree, that it is going to take the 17 pick to get it done. As I said in my earlier post, it may not be a straight one for one swap. Maybe it is the 17 pick for Rosen and the AZ 3rd (65 or wherever it is). People can say that they want Rosen and the 33 in that instance, but something tells me that the Cards would prefer 32 for Rosen straight up rather than 17 for Rosen and 33. They may be ok with parting for Rosen and 65, though.


Youíre basing your entire argument off of a fictional Rosen market.

Thereís no evidence any team has offered anything for Rosen at this point.
RE: The  
jeff57 : 3/24/2019 7:58 am : link
In comment 14354746 MTN-G-man said:
Quote:
Lying season


Exactly
RE: I believe it  
CromartiesKid21 : 3/24/2019 8:10 am : link
In comment 14354863 ron mexico said:
Quote:
Rosen trade value is dropping every day


Yep or starting to reek of desperation for a trade down partner if keeping Rosen and shopping the pick was the plan all along
Yeah, I don't  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 3/24/2019 8:15 am : link
buy this.
RE: Come on, djm, Haskins polished ?  
djm : 3/24/2019 8:46 am : link
In comment 14354830 Manny in CA said:
Quote:

No doubt, he had a great ONE year. Was it just a flash, or is he for real - that is what every GM who is considering him is wondering.


Everything comes with a risk. Who knows. Haskins is a good Looking prospect.
Rosen  
XBRONX : 3/24/2019 8:49 am : link
damaged goods. LOL
That they havenít ďdecidedĒ is probably true  
BillT : 3/24/2019 8:54 am : link
All teams go through a process. That doesnít mean they donít have any opinions on the subject.
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Rosen's value..  
Giants38 : 3/24/2019 9:05 am : link
In comment 14354870 WillVAB said:
Quote:
In comment 14354807 Giants38 said:


Quote:


In comment 14354804 FranchiseQB said:


Quote:


In comment 14354803 Giants38 said:


Quote:


In comment 14354798 FranchiseQB said:


Quote:


is determined by the market, not by the Cardinals situation. If there are two or more teams who want Rosen they could wind up paying a premium. This is basic economic theory.



Exactly. I don't understand why people can't grasp this. If the Patriots want Rosen and say, we'll give you the 32 pick for Rosen, the baseline is now a pick higher than that. We can protest all we want on this board, but that is just a fact.

And, before people go off saying BB won't do that, I would not be so sure. If he thinks Rosen is spectacular, he'll do it to get the guy he believes is the QB of the future. And that means we will have to offer the 17 pick. Maybe the 17 pick for Rosen and another pick coming back, but immediately our second (unless we often a sweetener) and our third cease to get it done.

I really hope people start understanding this sooner than later.



They don't have to understand it. It's true whether they do or not. They would be better informed fans if they did however. It's like blaming higher ticket prices at Yankee games because they gave ARod a lot of money. ARod's salary didn't dictate ticket prices, demand did. Same thing here. You can bet if two or more teams want Rosen they will drive the price up. I think Rosen goes for at least a second, maybe a low first. I could see the Pats doing that. So then the Giants would need to beat it, with a second plus something else, or their #17.



I think you are dead on. If I were a betting man, the Pats are going to offer the 32 pick for Rosen. So, I agree, that it is going to take the 17 pick to get it done. As I said in my earlier post, it may not be a straight one for one swap. Maybe it is the 17 pick for Rosen and the AZ 3rd (65 or wherever it is). People can say that they want Rosen and the 33 in that instance, but something tells me that the Cards would prefer 32 for Rosen straight up rather than 17 for Rosen and 33. They may be ok with parting for Rosen and 65, though.



Youíre basing your entire argument off of a fictional Rosen market.

Thereís no evidence any team has offered anything for Rosen at this point.


Weíre all doing the same thing. Itís nonsense to think that a third is going to get a trade done, as if youíre playing in Madden.
RE: RE: Come on, djm, Haskins polished ?  
Diver_Down : 3/24/2019 9:06 am : link
In comment 14354890 djm said:
Quote:


Everything comes with a risk. Who knows. Haskins is a good Looking prospect.


... for Jenny Craig.
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Rosen's value..  
Jim in Tampa : 3/24/2019 9:07 am : link
In comment 14354870 WillVAB said:
Quote:
Youíre basing your entire argument off of a fictional Rosen market.

Thereís no evidence any team has offered anything for Rosen at this point.

A few weeks ago I read (don't recall where) that multiple teams had contacted AZ regarding Rosen's availability and were told that Rosen was not on the market. Given that, there can't be any "evidence" that teams are offering anything just yet.

Additionally, NFL GMs and coaches can't publicly discuss players currently under contract with other teams, which is why no reporter is going to ask anyone associated with the team that they cover about Rosen.

It simply stands to reason that unless Rosen is universally considered to be damaged goods due to an injury, attitude or whatever, that a player with his talent, in a QB-driven league, is going to generate interest from MULTIPLE teams. And as others have already stated in this thread and almost every other Rosen thread, when multiple teams are bidding on a player, the player will be traded at or above market value.

I've used the analogy before, but if you absolutely had to sell your house ASAP and you had only one bidder, then yes, you could be forced to take a below-market offer. But if you had multiple bidders and they all wanted your house, would anyone actually think that all the bidders had you over a barrel?
They havenít gotten what they want yet  
Rong5611 : 3/24/2019 9:16 am : link
Just a hunch, Iím sure they have had some conversations. But, they are likely holding out for a late RD1 pick - Pats, Saints, Chargers could be in the mix.

I donít think we deal the 17th pick for Rosen...if those teams donít want to part with a first rounder, we could be in the game if we think heís worth #37. The asshats say no interest so far...weíll see...

Guy tells me we pass...
Rosen makes the most sense economically  
Dave on the UWS : 3/24/2019 9:25 am : link
but NY may think more highly of Haskins (I wanted Rosen last year). Think I would lean towards Haskins now. Think heís a GREAT prospect.
There is a ..  
FranchiseQB : 3/24/2019 9:39 am : link
... real possibility that the Cardinals are not sure about drafting Murray yet, or are already decided not to draft him and to keep Rosen, and they are trying to figure out how to drum up interest in the pick and still stay in the top 4. Of course the Raiders makes a lot of sense unless the Raiders are looking to tank and draft a QB next year. This could all work to the Giants' advantage as there may be fewer teams in the market for a QB this year than last year.
Murray is the next RG3.  
FStubbs : 3/24/2019 9:48 am : link
Saner heads may have prevailed in Arizona and now they're shifting gears. Also "if these other teams want Rosen, maybe we should keep him."

I think Murray slides down the draft board if Arizona doesn't take him.
RE: Murray is the next RG3.  
FranchiseQB : 3/24/2019 9:49 am : link
In comment 14354940 FStubbs said:
Quote:
Saner heads may have prevailed in Arizona and now they're shifting gears. Also "if these other teams want Rosen, maybe we should keep him."

I think Murray slides down the draft board if Arizona doesn't take him.


yea that is what i am getting at in my post just above. I am not saying I think Murray will slide, but there is a non-zero chance that the Giants could have their choice of Murray and Haskins at 6.
It is possible  
fkap : 3/24/2019 9:59 am : link
that they are interested in Murray IF they could get value picks for Rosen, but they aren't finding the value there.

It's the corollary of trading up. If you have to give up too much to trade up, you stay put. The player may be one you want, but not at too much cost.

Trading Rosen for low value is giving up picks. Murray and a decent trade may be worth it. Murray and a crappy trade may not be worth it. That's a decision to be made.
RE: It is possible  
FranchiseQB : 3/24/2019 10:09 am : link
In comment 14354947 fkap said:
Quote:
that they are interested in Murray IF they could get value picks for Rosen, but they aren't finding the value there.

It's the corollary of trading up. If you have to give up too much to trade up, you stay put. The player may be one you want, but not at too much cost.

Trading Rosen for low value is giving up picks. Murray and a decent trade may be worth it. Murray and a crappy trade may not be worth it. That's a decision to be made.


I don't think what they could get for Rosen would make the decision for them. The deciding factor will likely be: Do they think Rosen can be their franchise QB. There is also a chance I guess that the answer is yes to that question but they still want to replace him with Murray because of his style and athleticism, but that is less likely.

A reasonable question then is, if the answer to the big question is yes (they do think Rosen is their franchise QB) then why are they doing this to him (openly courting Murray). Well, most likely, it is to send a message to Rosen. Apparently Rosen has not been to the facility in the off-season, whereas Carson Palmer apparently moved into the facility every off-season. I dunno if that's true it is just something I heard. I guess that could be a reason. And also amp the value of the pick.

I think the Cards might be trying to thread the needle, trade the pick but still get a top-4 pick in return, which would require dealing with the Raiders or finding a partner that can jump into the top-4.
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Rosen's value..  
WillVAB : 3/24/2019 11:31 am : link
In comment 14354902 Jim in Tampa said:
Quote:
In comment 14354870 WillVAB said:


Quote:


Youíre basing your entire argument off of a fictional Rosen market.

Thereís no evidence any team has offered anything for Rosen at this point.


A few weeks ago I read (don't recall where) that multiple teams had contacted AZ regarding Rosen's availability and were told that Rosen was not on the market. Given that, there can't be any "evidence" that teams are offering anything just yet.

Additionally, NFL GMs and coaches can't publicly discuss players currently under contract with other teams, which is why no reporter is going to ask anyone associated with the team that they cover about Rosen.

It simply stands to reason that unless Rosen is universally considered to be damaged goods due to an injury, attitude or whatever, that a player with his talent, in a QB-driven league, is going to generate interest from MULTIPLE teams. And as others have already stated in this thread and almost every other Rosen thread, when multiple teams are bidding on a player, the player will be traded at or above market value.

I've used the analogy before, but if you absolutely had to sell your house ASAP and you had only one bidder, then yes, you could be forced to take a below-market offer. But if you had multiple bidders and they all wanted your house, would anyone actually think that all the bidders had you over a barrel?


Iím not buying that. There was plenty of smoke regarding OBJ before the trade was made. Everyone had a pretty good ballpark of the compensation if a trade was made. Weíre not hearing anything of that magnitude regarding Rosen.

Letís assume for argumentís sake multiple teams are interested in Rosen. I highly doubt the proposed compensation is anywhere near what some people think it is. If someone offered a 1 and AZ truly wants Murray, Rosen would already be gone.
My prediction is the Cardinals continue to talk with teams until  
PatersonPlank : 3/24/2019 12:21 pm : link
right up to the draft. Then they pull the trigger on a deal the night before, and pick Murray. I think that will give them the most "value", and also allows them to prepare for whatever extra picks they get.
RE: My prediction is the Cardinals continue to talk with teams until  
GFAN52 : 3/24/2019 12:36 pm : link
In comment 14355041 PatersonPlank said:
Quote:
right up to the draft. Then they pull the trigger on a deal the night before, and pick Murray. I think that will give them the most "value", and also allows them to prepare for whatever extra picks they get.


That reasoning makes sense to me. Also gives teams looking at draftable QBs time to do all their evaluations on them before deciding whether to go the Rosen trade route.
RE: My prediction is the Cardinals continue to talk with teams until  
Diver_Down : 3/24/2019 1:04 pm : link
In comment 14355041 PatersonPlank said:
Quote:
right up to the draft. Then they pull the trigger on a deal the night before, and pick Murray. I think that will give them the most "value", and also allows them to prepare for whatever extra picks they get.


I think the owner's meeting in AZ will lay the groundwork for a trade. The parameters will be worked out and fined tuned in the next few weeks. But I think the agreement will be established long before the night before. However, the NFL likes to milk their Ultimate Reality Show aka The Draft. Any announcement of a trade won't happen until the night of the draft to preserve some element of suspense in who will be the #1 pick.
Diver  
Zeke's Alibi : 3/24/2019 1:13 pm : link
If there is a trade it's going to happen as soon as it gets worked out. You don't trade for Rosen and wait around for a team to make a better offer.
RE: Murray is the next RG3.  
BillT : 3/24/2019 1:39 pm : link
In comment 14354940 FStubbs said:
Quote:
Saner heads may have prevailed in Arizona and now they're shifting gears. Also "if these other teams want Rosen, maybe we should keep him."

I think Murray slides down the draft board if Arizona doesn't take him.

Murray is nothing like RGIII. RGIII was a read option QB who had no idea of what it took to pass from a pocket. Murray is a pocket passer with incredible athleticism. Night and Day.
RE: RE: Murray is the next RG3.  
Pan-handler : 3/24/2019 3:00 pm : link
In comment 14355098 BillT said:
Quote:
In comment 14354940 FStubbs said:


Quote:


Saner heads may have prevailed in Arizona and now they're shifting gears. Also "if these other teams want Rosen, maybe we should keep him."

I think Murray slides down the draft board if Arizona doesn't take him.


Murray is nothing like RGIII. RGIII was a read option QB who had no idea of what it took to pass from a pocket. Murray is a pocket passer with incredible athleticism. Night and Day.


They are taking Murray. You dont leave a second year QB out to dry as they have. They are stringing it along to make it look like this is a difficult decision.
I am still thinking thru whether ARZ gets more value  
Jimmy Googs : 3/24/2019 3:04 pm : link
by waiting to deal Rosen as late as possible is actually correct?

Can someone enlighten me on the merits of this view?
hmmm  
giantfan2000 : 3/24/2019 3:12 pm : link
Quote:
They are taking Murray. You dont leave a second year QB out to dry as they have. They are stringing it along to make it look like this is a difficult decision


I agree 100% after reading this interview.. AZ has first pick of draft . if they were keeping Rosen then they would not be hedging at all.. they would be evaluating other positions rather than QB.

it is so obvious they are going to trade Rosen

Pats 1st round is 32rd pick Giants 2nd round is 36th .. so Giants won't have to give up 17 for Rosen they can give 2nd and 4th and probably get him..



RE: I am still thinking thru whether ARZ gets more value  
arcarsenal : 3/24/2019 3:12 pm : link
In comment 14355183 Jimmy Googs said:
Quote:
by waiting to deal Rosen as late as possible is actually correct?

Can someone enlighten me on the merits of this view?


I feel like they'll actually lose leverage the longer they wait.

It's not a secret that they covet Murray - I think that part will be hard for anyone to not buy.

The closer the draft gets, the more I think it'll turn into them moving into "take what we can get" mode.

I don't think they want to carry both guys - if they take Murray, they want him to be the guy and they aren't going to go with Rosen first and then pass the torch. Murray will be the starter from day 1.

So, the longer they wait - I'd think the options available to them will probably start to shrink. I don't think it benefits them to take this down to the buzzer.
I tend to agree. Plenty of time still to sort things out  
Jimmy Googs : 3/24/2019 3:40 pm : link
and figure out bids that work for ARZ, but I think those bidders begin to dry up/pay less as Draft comes closer.
I don't see why..  
FranchiseQB : 3/24/2019 3:40 pm : link
they wouldn't keep two QBs on their roster rather than take a garbage deal for Rosen. They wouldn't be the first team in history to have two starting caliber QBs on their team.

Mind you, I don't see it going that way. I'm not convinced they are drafting Murray but if they do I think they will get decent value for Rosen before the draft, ie, at least a second round pick and maybe something as high as back third of the first round value.
Could it be possible that DG and Shurmur think Murray is the real deal  
TMS : 3/24/2019 3:49 pm : link
and trade down for him ? Hope not, but you never know. If Shurmur thinks he can build an offense around this guy and Barkley it could happen.
RE: Could it be possible that DG and Shurmur think Murray is the real deal  
GFAN52 : 3/24/2019 4:26 pm : link
In comment 14355222 TMS said:
Quote:
and trade down for him ? Hope not, but you never know. If Shurmur thinks he can build an offense around this guy and Barkley it could happen.


Trade down for him?
RE: hmmm  
Pan-handler : 3/24/2019 6:49 pm : link
In comment 14355188 giantfan2000 said:
Quote:


Quote:


They are taking Murray. You dont leave a second year QB out to dry as they have. They are stringing it along to make it look like this is a difficult decision



I agree 100% after reading this interview.. AZ has first pick of draft . if they were keeping Rosen then they would not be hedging at all.. they would be evaluating other positions rather than QB.

it is so obvious they are going to trade Rosen

Pats 1st round is 32rd pick Giants 2nd round is 36th .. so Giants won't have to give up 17 for Rosen they can give 2nd and 4th and probably get him..




I think hes could go to the Pats. And we are not highly interested due to personality.

On paper he is probably the best young QB I could think of to run that Pats system.
RE: RE: Could it be possible that DG and Shurmur think Murray is the real deal  
TMS : 3/25/2019 3:26 pm : link
In comment 14355244 GFAN52 said:
Quote:
In comment 14355222 TMS said:


Quote:


and trade down for him ? Hope not, but you never know. If Shurmur thinks he can build an offense around this guy and Barkley it could happen.



Trade down for him?
My bad trade up for him, but you knew what meant right? Got me.
If AZ does not pick murray, I assume their will be multiple teams  
Scyber : 3/25/2019 3:45 pm : link
looking to trade up. And if the Giants believe Murray is a franchise caliber QB, then I'd hope the Giants are one of those teams.
This is how a coach who is sticking with his QB talks publicly  
PatersonPlank : 3/26/2019 10:32 am : link
Yes he can change his mind, but Gruden is pretty emphatic. Kingsbury isn't doing anything close to this. For some reason Kingsbury has a crush on Murray, likely because he wants to create a Texas Tech offense and Murray is a perfect fit.
Gruden Supports Carr - ( New Window )
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner