Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

NFT: Mets at Braves Game 3

ZGiants98 : 4/13/2019 4:36 pm
Mets Lineup

Jeff McNeil – 2B
Pete Alonso – 1B
Michael Conforto – RF
J.D. Davis – 3B
Travis d’Arnaud – C
Keon Broxton - LF
Amed Rosario - SS
Juan Lagares – CF
Jason Vargas - LHP

Wow. Definitely one of the best chances the Braves are going to have at a win against us, maybe ever. lol. A Vargas start and Nimmo, Cano, and Ramos all out tonight. Broxton, Lagares, TDA, and JD Davis all in the same lineup. Oh well. I feel like tonight is house money anyway with deGrom going tomorrow. LGM!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 <<Prev | Show All |
RE: Toussaint  
ZGiants98 : 4/13/2019 10:10 pm : link
In comment 14385483 Jay on the Island said:
Quote:
Is looking great tonight.


He could be your future ace.
Gsellman touching 98  
ZGiants98 : 4/13/2019 10:14 pm : link
Awesome to see.
Bullet Bob  
ZGiants98 : 4/13/2019 10:16 pm : link
Throwing Bullets. lol
Can Gsellman get through one inning  
CMicks3110 : 4/13/2019 10:18 pm : link
Without giving up an fing run
And now Bullet Bob gives up a  
ZGiants98 : 4/13/2019 10:19 pm : link
bullet.
What happened to Gsellman?  
giantsFC : 4/13/2019 10:20 pm : link
Maybe it’s time to hope he can start again. Man the dude was lights out as a starter a few years ago.
Sign  
XBRONX : 4/13/2019 10:21 pm : link
Keuchel. Vargas blows. Oswalt another garbage pitcher.
RE: RE: Toussaint  
Jay on the Island : 4/13/2019 10:21 pm : link
In comment 14385484 ZGiants98 said:
Quote:
In comment 14385483 Jay on the Island said:


Quote:


Is looking great tonight.



He could be your future ace.

He’s got the stuff but he’s got a long way to go. Snitker will probably keep him in the pen though and continue to ride the struggling vet instead.
RE: Ron Darling  
exiled : 4/13/2019 10:26 pm : link
Quote:
W a large mass in chest. Will be taking time off. Hope he winds up ok. Already least Gary carter.


Large mass does not sound good. Jeez.
RE: RE: POLL  
Earl the goat : 4/13/2019 10:43 pm : link
In comment 14385456 ZGiants98 said:
Quote:
In comment 14385454 CMicks3110 said:


Quote:


Does Vargas get another start, or do they pull the plug?



Well, his next start is an off day so they probably skip him. I think it was his last start. That was really bad and BVW wont mess around. He'll make a switch.



Ken Tosenthal said he’s out of rotation
The Mets really should consider making Gsellman  
ZGiants98 : 4/13/2019 10:47 pm : link
the 5th starter. His stuff has looked great this year and Ive always felt that sinker that causes ground balls would play up better at the backend of the rotation than in the pen.

Keeps all 4 backend relievers in play so you're really not hurting anything. Trade for another middle reliever and you're fine in the pen. Worth a shot.
Skip Vargas's next start  
ZGiants98 : 4/13/2019 11:05 pm : link
That gives you 10 days to make a switch. Id settle for a small switch or a big switch. Either would help.


Mets are still in first and in a pretty good position to take 3 of 4 in this series with deGrom going tomorrow.

Im actually still pretty impressed at the amount of runs we were able to score and tack on this one in spite of the mess Vargas/Oswalt created. Get em tomorrow.
Good.  
ZGiants98 : 4/13/2019 11:11 pm : link
Mike Puma

Verified account

@NYPost_Mets
Follow Follow @NYPost_Mets
More
Mickey Callaway says Seth Lugo and Robert Gsellman are options on the table if the Mets bump Vargas from thre rotation.
RE: Good.  
Gmanfandan : 4/14/2019 12:18 am : link
In comment 14385519 ZGiants98 said:
Quote:
Mike Puma

Verified account

@NYPost_Mets
Follow Follow @NYPost_Mets
More
Mickey Callaway says Seth Lugo and Robert Gsellman are options on the table if the Mets bump Vargas from thre rotation.


Good?! And tax an already over taxed pen? No thank you
RE: RE: Good.  
ZGiants98 : 4/14/2019 1:35 am : link
In comment 14385538 Gmanfandan said:
Quote:
In comment 14385519 ZGiants98 said:


Quote:


Mike Puma

Verified account

@NYPost_Mets
Follow Follow @NYPost_Mets
More
Mickey Callaway says Seth Lugo and Robert Gsellman are options on the table if the Mets bump Vargas from thre rotation.



Good?! And tax an already over taxed pen? No thank you


How would that tax the pen? It might weaken it but it certainly woundnt tax it.
Kimbrel  
CMicks3110 : 4/14/2019 8:16 am : link
Contract demands have dropped according to Rosenthal—if we can grab him and then move Lugo to rotation, that would be ideal scenario. I think Lugo would be a better starter than Keuchel anyway:
..  
Jay on the Island : 4/14/2019 2:55 pm : link
Newcomb was just sent down to AAA after last nights dismal performance. Toussaint has taken his spot in the rotation.
RE: Kimbrel  
pjcas18 : 4/14/2019 2:58 pm : link
In comment 14385627 CMicks3110 said:
Quote:
Contract demands have dropped according to Rosenthal—if we can grab him and then move Lugo to rotation, that would be ideal scenario. I think Lugo would be a better starter than Keuchel anyway:


Lugo was moved to the pen for a reason. He's not a starter. Better than Vargas? Maybe. Better than Keuchel? Unlikely.

if the mets were going to sign only one of Keuchel or Kimbrel I think Keuchel makes more sense.

Likely, they sign neither.

...  
Jay on the Island : 4/14/2019 3:12 pm : link
ESPN's Buster Olney reports that Dallas Keuchel is "open to a good one-year deal."
Link - ( New Window )
Sewald called up  
CMicks3110 : 4/14/2019 3:18 pm : link
Oswalt demoted
Now the issue with signing Keuchel to a 1 year deal  
Jay on the Island : 4/14/2019 3:45 pm : link
is not the money but the forfeiture of a 1st round pick for less than one year of service.
if we issued a QO for Keuchel and Wheeler  
CMicks3110 : 4/14/2019 4:03 pm : link
which we would likely to do. We'd probably get those picks back next year.
RE: Now the issue with signing Keuchel to a 1 year deal  
JayBinQueens : 4/14/2019 4:11 pm : link
In comment 14386182 Jay on the Island said:
Quote:
is not the money but the forfeiture of a 1st round pick for less than one year of service.

First or second
WELP  
CMicks3110 : 4/14/2019 4:14 pm : link
Matt Ehalt

Verified account

@MattEhalt
Following Following @MattEhalt
More
Essentially Mets don't view any depth pieces as an upgrade.

And it's still status quo with Keuchel, per a source. Sides not close.
RE: ..  
Mike in NY : 4/14/2019 4:21 pm : link
In comment 14386107 Jay on the Island said:
Quote:
Newcomb was just sent down to AAA after last nights dismal performance. Toussaint has taken his spot in the rotation.


I have both on my Keeper League team and my NA spot is accounted for :(

I don't mind if the Braves win when those two start as long as they lose every other day.
RE: RE: POLL  
DanMetroMan : 4/14/2019 6:21 pm : link
In comment 14385456 ZGiants98 said:
Quote:
In comment 14385454 CMicks3110 said:


Quote:


Does Vargas get another start, or do they pull the plug?



Well, his next start is an off day so they probably skip him. I think it was his last start. That was really bad and BVW wont mess around. He'll make a switch.

So about him not being atrocious...?:)
JD Davis  
Big Blue Hokie : 4/14/2019 8:07 pm : link
Can we all stop crying about the prospects we have up for Davis? He has been better than expected.
Davis looks like a 'get'  
CMicks3110 : 4/14/2019 8:08 pm : link
his perpherals have been very good too
RE: RE: RE: POLL  
ZGiants98 : 4/14/2019 8:13 pm : link
In comment 14386360 DanMetroMan said:
Quote:
In comment 14385456 ZGiants98 said:


Quote:


In comment 14385454 CMicks3110 said:


Quote:


Does Vargas get another start, or do they pull the plug?



Well, his next start is an off day so they probably skip him. I think it was his last start. That was really bad and BVW wont mess around. He'll make a switch.


So about him not being atrocious...?:)


I had no problem giving him a chance based on his second half last year but I also have no problem moving on. Two games in he can’t locate and looks like a mess. This is a competitive year IMO so move on. My bigger point was always that on this staff, a 5th starter isn’t a huge concern and we should be able to tweak and acquire somebody else pretty cheap regardless imo.
If Davis is hitting righties too  
ZGiants98 : 4/14/2019 8:15 pm : link
He really needs to be playing every day bad DRS or not. See what you have until Lowrie, Cespedes, ect make things complicated. Nimmo in CF is fine.
RE: JD Davis  
ZGiants98 : 4/14/2019 8:16 pm : link
In comment 14386439 Big Blue Hokie said:
Quote:
Can we all stop crying about the prospects we have up for Davis? He has been better than expected.


Such a joke. We gave up nothing. Davis is just barely passed being a legit prospect himself.
deGrom deserves his own thread but I guess we’ll keep it here  
ZGiants98 : 4/14/2019 8:18 pm : link
Fuck Markakis. I swear he’s one of the most annoying hitters in baseball.
I liked Luis Santana  
CMicks3110 : 4/14/2019 8:19 pm : link
but he was years away and we already have a ton of 2B options for years to come, so it was a good trade.
RE: if we issued a QO for Keuchel and Wheeler  
Jim in Fairfax : 4/14/2019 8:22 pm : link
In comment 14386202 CMicks3110 said:
Quote:
which we would likely to do. We'd probably get those picks back next year.

The team that signs Keuchel cannot give a qualifying offer, so there’s no compensation next offseason.
RE: I liked Luis Santana  
ZGiants98 : 4/14/2019 8:25 pm : link
In comment 14386452 CMicks3110 said:
Quote:
but he was years away and we already have a ton of 2B options for years to come, so it was a good trade.


What is he 5 ‘7? Please. He’s far away. I would have been more annoyed if we gave up Newton but we are talking about acquiring a guy with huge power potential ready now.
Conforto  
CMicks3110 : 4/14/2019 8:31 pm : link
just missed that
Dear gawd ESPN broadcast is horrible  
giantsFC : 4/14/2019 8:45 pm : link
It’s like they don’t even cover the play by play and game action. Too bad mlb tv was blacked out here. Don’t even know why. Prob bc espn assholes.
Stuck here listening to rambling crap w hank Aaron.
Wow disappointing deGrom performance  
Rflairr : 4/14/2019 8:47 pm : link
Especially after they had to burn the pen yesterday. Going to have to do it again
fuck  
CMicks3110 : 4/14/2019 9:24 pm : link
homerun. DeGrom has to be tipping, he's made some damn good pitches.
take him out  
CMicks3110 : 4/14/2019 9:31 pm : link
don't blow out his arm, let us come back against this pen
Degrom's stuff is fine  
Vanzetti : 4/14/2019 9:36 pm : link
It's his command that is the problem.

Also, not being helped out by his fielders.
DeGrom...not his usual but he did the job on the scoreboard  
ChaChing : 4/14/2019 9:36 pm : link
need the bats to wake up

and of course the BP

so here we go
RE: Dear gawd ESPN broadcast is horrible  
Vanzetti : 4/14/2019 9:37 pm : link
In comment 14386474 giantsFC said:
Quote:
It’s like they don’t even cover the play by play and game action. Too bad mlb tv was blacked out here. Don’t even know why. Prob bc espn assholes.
Stuck here listening to rambling crap w hank Aaron.


Yeah, who wants to hear Hank aaron.

They said it twice now:  
ChaChing : 4/14/2019 9:38 pm : link
"the Braves are looking to take 3 of 4 in the series"
RE: They said it twice now:  
ChaChing : 4/14/2019 9:39 pm : link
In comment 14386518 ChaChing said:
Quote:
"the Braves are looking to take 3 of 4 in the series"

He just corrected it...

Touche announcer. Touche
RE: RE: Dear gawd ESPN broadcast is horrible  
giantsFC : 4/14/2019 9:47 pm : link
In comment 14386515 Vanzetti said:
Quote:
In comment 14386474 giantsFC said:


Quote:


It’s like they don’t even cover the play by play and game action. Too bad mlb tv was blacked out here. Don’t even know why. Prob bc espn assholes.
Stuck here listening to rambling crap w hank Aaron.



Yeah, who wants to hear Hank aaron.


Not all of us.
If I wanted to hear a ted talk w Aaron i’d Go to one. When the screen for the game is 1/3 size of the Boring media room w him in it, AND they aren’t even telling you play-by-play, yeah screw that espn crap
Donaldson has really help transform Atlanta lineup  
Jay on the Island : 4/14/2019 10:06 pm : link
He’s starting to heat up. It’s nice to have expectations again.
Snitker is using Luke Jackson here?  
Jay on the Island : 4/14/2019 10:45 pm : link
WTF
Geez, the Mets really helped Donaldson get out of his funk, huh?  
PhiPsi125 : 4/14/2019 11:10 pm : link
Our BP inspires so much confidence. Can we blame the Atlanta cold tonight?
I’m out  
Jay on the Island : 4/14/2019 11:14 pm : link
Great series guys.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner