Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

Rosen not in ARZ schedule release/season preview video

jlukes : 4/17/2019 9:16 pm
.
Link - ( New Window )
What team posts a season preview  
eric2425ny : 4/17/2019 9:20 pm : link
without featuring its QB, especially one picked in the first round the year before. I wish the NFL would just let them pick and sign Murray now like they used to with the first pick and let them trade Rosen pre draft. This is getting ridiculous.
RE: What team posts a season preview  
Big Rick in FL : 4/17/2019 9:23 pm : link
In comment 14391103 eric2425ny said:
Quote:
without featuring its QB, especially one picked in the first round the year before. I wish the NFL would just let them pick and sign Murray now like they used to with the first pick and let them trade Rosen pre draft. This is getting ridiculous.


A team that is going to take a QB 1st overall and has a deal worked out to trade their current QB.
RE: What team posts a season preview  
Chris684 : 4/17/2019 9:24 pm : link
In comment 14391103 eric2425ny said:
Quote:
without featuring its QB, especially one picked in the first round the year before. I wish the NFL would just let them pick and sign Murray now like they used to with the first pick and let them trade Rosen pre draft. This is getting ridiculous.


I agree with this. Theyíre doing more harm than good all in the name of their stupid TV ratings. Anyone watching the draft is tuning in regardless of whether or not we know Murray is the pick. But this is what you get from a league televising itís schedule release.
RE: RE: What team posts a season preview  
crooza172 : 4/17/2019 9:29 pm : link
In comment 14391112 Big Rick in FL said:
Quote:
In comment 14391103 eric2425ny said:


Quote:


without featuring its QB, especially one picked in the first round the year before. I wish the NFL would just let them pick and sign Murray now like they used to with the first pick and let them trade Rosen pre draft. This is getting ridiculous.



A team that is going to take a QB 1st overall and has a deal worked out to trade their current QB.


LMFAO. This is just plain disrespectful. Just trade the poor kid already.
...  
Eric from BBI : Admin : 4/17/2019 9:31 pm : link
I can't recall a QB who has gone from the penthouse to the outhouse in less than a year.

Incredible that they've already given up on him.
We bitch about the GIANTS Brass  
Jim Bur(n)t : 4/17/2019 9:32 pm : link
But thats a flucked up org... And not just b/c of this vid.
RE: ...  
Big Rick in FL : 4/17/2019 9:33 pm : link
In comment 14391133 Eric from BBI said:
Quote:
I can't recall a QB who has gone from the penthouse to the outhouse in less than a year.

Incredible that they've already given up on him.


They are the worst run team in the NFL.
RE: RE: ...  
PatersonPlank : 4/17/2019 9:35 pm : link
In comment 14391139 Big Rick in FL said:
Quote:
In comment 14391133 Eric from BBI said:


Quote:


I can't recall a QB who has gone from the penthouse to the outhouse in less than a year.

Incredible that they've already given up on him.



They are the worst run team in the NFL.


Yep. In 1 year they fired their HC who was there only that year, and went through 2 OC's.
RE: RE: ...  
eric2425ny : 4/17/2019 9:35 pm : link
In comment 14391139 Big Rick in FL said:
Quote:
In comment 14391133 Eric from BBI said:


Quote:


I can't recall a QB who has gone from the penthouse to the outhouse in less than a year.

Incredible that they've already given up on him.



They are the worst run team in the NFL.


Their ownership is Dolanesque.
I'm guessing they have a deal in place for Rosen  
GFAN52 : 4/17/2019 9:37 pm : link
and will announce during the draft.
Penthouse to outhouse?  
Big Blue Blogger : 4/17/2019 9:38 pm : link
Eric from BBI said:
Quote:
I can't recall a QB who has gone from the penthouse to the outhouse in less than a year.
Kerry Collins, twice: once in Carolina, and again here. Also Phil Simms, from 10-and-0 to losing his job to a high ankle sprain/broken foot/whatever they wound up calling it.
Didnít Joey in Va  
jayg5 : 4/17/2019 9:39 pm : link
Who had info on Shep signing say Giants were absolutely In mix for Rosen?
RE: RE: RE: ...  
Big Rick in FL : 4/17/2019 9:39 pm : link
In comment 14391147 eric2425ny said:
Quote:
In comment 14391139 Big Rick in FL said:


Quote:


In comment 14391133 Eric from BBI said:


Quote:


I can't recall a QB who has gone from the penthouse to the outhouse in less than a year.

Incredible that they've already given up on him.



They are the worst run team in the NFL.



Their ownership is Dolanesque.


It doesn't help the Owner loves the GM. Whose done an absolutely terrible job recently. They forced Arians out. Hired a HC and fired him in a year. Then hired a bad college HC who had the current NFL MVP and wasn't successful.
RE: I'm guessing they have a deal in place for Rosen  
Giants38 : 4/17/2019 9:40 pm : link
In comment 14391153 GFAN52 said:
Quote:
and will announce during the draft.


Agreed. I think the NFL is just making them keep it quiet.

I get that it's crazy to give up on Rosen, but if KK wants his own guy, it's not so crazy. I think Murray is going to be a superstar, and he has a skillset that may be unrivaled in the league. I don't blame them for refusing to pass that up.
RE: Didnít Joey in Va  
Big Rick in FL : 4/17/2019 9:40 pm : link
In comment 14391159 jayg5 said:
Quote:
Who had info on Shep signing say Giants were absolutely In mix for Rosen?


I don't remember seeing it. Got a link? Thanks
Didnít Joey in Va  
jayg5 : 4/17/2019 9:41 pm : link
Who had info on Shep signing say Giants were absolutely In mix for Rosen?
RE: ...  
arcarsenal : 4/17/2019 9:41 pm : link
In comment 14391133 Eric from BBI said:
Quote:
I can't recall a QB who has gone from the penthouse to the outhouse in less than a year.

Incredible that they've already given up on him.


They're like a kid who got a nice toy, but now sees a newer, shinier one and wants that more.

I honestly don't think it says anything about Rosen (not that you were necessarily insinuating that), it just says that Arizona is a crappy franchise that can't stick to decisions they make.
Sorry for double post  
jayg5 : 4/17/2019 9:41 pm : link
..
RE: RE: ...  
Big Rick in FL : 4/17/2019 9:43 pm : link
In comment 14391170 arcarsenal said:
Quote:
In comment 14391133 Eric from BBI said:


Quote:


I can't recall a QB who has gone from the penthouse to the outhouse in less than a year.

Incredible that they've already given up on him.



They're like a kid who got a nice toy, but now sees a newer, shinier one and wants that more.

I honestly don't think it says anything about Rosen (not that you were necessarily insinuating that), it just says that Arizona is a crappy franchise that can't stick to decisions they make.


Keim doing whatever he can to save his ass. As we've seen he's willing to throw anybody under the bus.
Jayg5  
Big Rick in FL : 4/17/2019 9:49 pm : link
Nevermind I found it. No clue how I missed that before. Thanks for pointing it out.
37 + conditional 2020 pick  
GothamGiants : 4/17/2019 9:50 pm : link
Do it Dave

Sweat, Lawrence, Rosen ... do it
RE: ...  
FStubbs : 4/17/2019 9:51 pm : link
In comment 14391133 Eric from BBI said:
Quote:
I can't recall a QB who has gone from the penthouse to the outhouse in less than a year.

Incredible that they've already given up on him.


Art Schlichter?
Though to be fair ...  
FStubbs : 4/17/2019 9:52 pm : link
... Arizona is not a rational organization right now.
penthouse to outhouse  
bc4life : 4/17/2019 9:54 pm : link
just shows how bad that franchise is. no way you can fairly assess his abilities based on that offensive line. he was getting sacked, hit, or hurried - just about every series
RE: Penthouse to outhouse?  
djm : 4/17/2019 9:56 pm : link
In comment 14391157 Big Blue Blogger said:
Quote:
Eric from BBI said:

Quote:


I can't recall a QB who has gone from the penthouse to the outhouse in less than a year.

Kerry Collins, twice: once in Carolina, and again here. Also Phil Simms, from 10-and-0 to losing his job to a high ankle sprain/broken foot/whatever they wound up calling it.


What on earth are you talking about
RE: Penthouse to outhouse?  
Mr. Bungle : 4/17/2019 10:27 pm : link
In comment 14391157 Big Blue Blogger said:
Quote:
Eric from BBI said:

Quote:


I can't recall a QB who has gone from the penthouse to the outhouse in less than a year.

Kerry Collins, twice: once in Carolina, and again here. Also Phil Simms, from 10-and-0 to losing his job to a high ankle sprain/broken foot/whatever they wound up calling it.

Those aren't even close to what Eric is talking about.
RE: RE: Penthouse to outhouse?  
eric2425ny : 4/17/2019 10:34 pm : link
In comment 14391237 Mr. Bungle said:
Quote:
In comment 14391157 Big Blue Blogger said:


Quote:


Eric from BBI said:

Quote:


I can't recall a QB who has gone from the penthouse to the outhouse in less than a year.

Kerry Collins, twice: once in Carolina, and again here. Also Phil Simms, from 10-and-0 to losing his job to a high ankle sprain/broken foot/whatever they wound up calling it.


Those aren't even close to what Eric is talking about.


I think BBB is alluding to veteran QBís as well as rookies. But I think Erics point here was in regards to QBís who were drafted high and then outcast a year later which is pretty insane.
that really  
Peter from NH (formerly CT) : 4/18/2019 6:22 am : link
is bad PR
The worst part isn't that they didn't show Rosen  
ZogZerg : 4/18/2019 6:23 am : link
The worst part is that they showed EVERY QB from the 8 other teams that are going to Arizona this fall AND didn't show Rosen.

If this isn't enough evidence to convince "The Cards are trading Rosen" crowd, then there is really nothing to say to them.
"Cards AREN"T Trading Rosen Crowd"  
ZogZerg : 4/18/2019 6:24 am : link
That little type kind of important.
They're trading him  
UberAlias : 4/18/2019 8:47 am : link
and picking Murray. We already knew this.
RE: RE: RE: ...  
Diver_Down : 4/18/2019 9:15 am : link
In comment 14391176 Big Rick in FL said:
Quote:
In comment 14391170 arcarsenal said:


Quote:


In comment 14391133 Eric from BBI said:


Quote:


I can't recall a QB who has gone from the penthouse to the outhouse in less than a year.

Incredible that they've already given up on him.



They're like a kid who got a nice toy, but now sees a newer, shinier one and wants that more.

I honestly don't think it says anything about Rosen (not that you were necessarily insinuating that), it just says that Arizona is a crappy franchise that can't stick to decisions they make.



Keim doing whatever he can to save his ass. As we've seen he's willing to throw anybody under the bus.


While their ownership sucks, this point can't be emphasized enough. If Keim hires Kliff and tells him to keep Rosen, then the clock is ticking on them both. If immediate success isn't apparent, then they both Kliff and Keim are out the door. If Keim gives Kliff Kyler, then there are no excuses for Kliff. Keim also buys himself more time with ownership as the built in excuse of a rookie growing pains trump card. Keim has to be on a short leash after the Extreme DUI last year. Any other franchise would have cut him loose.
RE: RE: RE: RE: ...  
Essex : 4/18/2019 9:30 am : link
In comment 14391566 Diver_Down said:
Quote:
In comment 14391176 Big Rick in FL said:


Quote:


In comment 14391170 arcarsenal said:


Quote:


In comment 14391133 Eric from BBI said:


Quote:


I can't recall a QB who has gone from the penthouse to the outhouse in less than a year.

Incredible that they've already given up on him.



They're like a kid who got a nice toy, but now sees a newer, shinier one and wants that more.

I honestly don't think it says anything about Rosen (not that you were necessarily insinuating that), it just says that Arizona is a crappy franchise that can't stick to decisions they make.



Keim doing whatever he can to save his ass. As we've seen he's willing to throw anybody under the bus.



While their ownership sucks, this point can't be emphasized enough. If Keim hires Kliff and tells him to keep Rosen, then the clock is ticking on them both. If immediate success isn't apparent, then they both Kliff and Keim are out the door. If Keim gives Kliff Kyler, then there are no excuses for Kliff. Keim also buys himself more time with ownership as the built in excuse of a rookie growing pains trump card. Keim has to be on a short leash after the Extreme DUI last year. Any other franchise would have cut him loose.

After what he did to get Rosen last year, there is not a chance in hell I would have let him near my draft room this year if his plan is a mulligan on the Rosen pick. That is as big a screwup as you can get. And, imagine we get killed for paying for Golden Tate and getting a decent, if not good, return for Beckham (although I would not have traded him).
The real question is if Rosen is in the Giants season preview  
PatersonPlank : 4/18/2019 10:40 am : link
.
My point in mentioning Collins and Simms...  
Big Blue Blogger : 4/18/2019 10:56 am : link
...was that when a team decides a QB isn't the right fit, change can come very quickly, and it doesn't always mean the player is a bad quarterback. In Simms's case, doubts about his durability cost him his job three times: 1983, 1991 (when system fit was also a factor), and finally in 1994. Kerry got the axe from two teams for completely different reasons, after leading both to significant success.

The process tends to take longer with high picks. Teams invest so much in a young, heralded QB - draft resources, guaranteed money, the GM's credibility, etc. - that it's harder to cut the cord than with a vet who is near the end of his contract. There are precedents, like Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell, but the unraveling is usually slow and painful. Like they say, DeNial ain't just a river in Egypt. Unfortunately for the Chargers and Raiders, the economics of rookie contracts under the old CBA shackled them to players who were much deeper in the doghouse by Year Two than Rosen was as a rookie.
Back to the Corner