Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

Giants met with ORT Greg Little 3 times

Big Blue '56 : 4/19/2019 9:15 am
From Dawg’s thread per Schneier..I ignored the PFF blurb as many here do.

Telling (re Little) or common due dilligence?

Quote:


RT

Dan Schneier (@DanSchneierNFL)
4/18/19, 2:21 PM

Offensive Tackle prospect Greg Little. The Giants have met privately with him THREE times. OL coach Hal Hunter put him through specific RT drills at his Pro Day

People talk about him like he's Ereck Flowers, meanwhile, his production checked out via PFF while Flowers' never did

DT/DE

Dan Schneier (@DanSchneierNFL)
4/18/19, 2:30 PM

In this excellent piece by PFF Mike the questions why DeForest Buckner was a sure top-10 pick but Jerry Tillery is not w/ better production and athletic testing.

The Giants reportedly tried to get Buckner in OBJ trade talks with SF.
Tillery perfectly fits Bettchers scheme

Dan Schneier (@DanSchneierNFL)
4/18/19, 2:33 PM

I want it in writing: The two players I expect to be MUCH higher on the Giants draft board than consensus mocks are Jerry Tillery and Greg Little. If both are on the board at 37, it will be interesting/dependent on picks 6 and 17. Wouldn’t shock me if they went Tillery at 17.

Probably have a lot of questions  
Big Rick in FL : 4/19/2019 9:20 am : link
About him, but I don't think this is out of the ordinary. Between the Senior Bowl, Combine, Pro Day, visits and Private workouts they've probably met with a lot of players 3 times.
RE: Probably have a lot of questions  
GothamGiants : 4/19/2019 9:23 am : link
In comment 14393190 Big Rick in FL said:
Quote:
About him, but I don't think this is out of the ordinary. Between the Senior Bowl, Combine, Pro Day, visits and Private workouts they've probably met with a lot of players 3 times.


They’ve done a ton of work on Rashan Gary in this regard.

I chalk it up as due diligence / having a lot of questions that need answers
New York Giants  
Mike in NY : 4/19/2019 9:23 am : link
Have been known to meet with potential early round picks when they are not 100% sold on what the scouts have dug up. It is more the late round guys that they tend to draft or bring in as UDFA.
I thought mentioning Tillery was more telling.  
Klaatu : 4/19/2019 9:25 am : link
(How's that for alliteration?)
Tillery  
Jim Bur(n)t : 4/19/2019 9:25 am : link
Great 1st step & a very high motor...Production (7 sacks @ DT in '18)

I'm in.
I  
AcidTest : 4/19/2019 9:26 am : link
don't think it's that unusual for the Giants to meet with a player three times, although I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they draft Little.
Tillery, Bush, or Dexter Lawrence at 17  
GothamGiants : 4/19/2019 9:28 am : link
Please.

Tillery and Lawrence are so underrated in this class due to its depth on defense. Both would be top 10 picks in other years
I've had Little mocked to the Giants at #37...  
Torrag : 4/19/2019 9:28 am : link
...Risner as well. I think Tillery's personality scares some teams. He will be an outspoken presence.
I am not a fan  
Jay on the Island : 4/19/2019 9:41 am : link
The reports questioning his work ethic and desire scare the hell out of me.
RE: Tillery, Bush, or Dexter Lawrence at 17  
Philu916 : 4/19/2019 9:43 am : link
In comment 14393205 GothamGiants said:
Quote:
Please.

Tillery and Lawrence are so underrated in this class due to its depth on defense. Both would be top 10 picks in other years


If giants draft Oliver or Gary then Lawrence wouldn’t be taken. Would absolutely love Lawrence if he fell to 17, could be a huge steal. I also wouldn’t be upset if Lawrence was the pick at 6, although it probably won’t happen.
Tillery would be an amazing pick at 37  
Andy in Halifax : 4/19/2019 9:47 am : link
I'd be fine if we got him at 17. He wrecked the Stanford game.
RE: RE: Tillery, Bush, or Dexter Lawrence at 17  
GothamGiants : 4/19/2019 9:52 am : link
In comment 14393229 Philu916 said:
Quote:
In comment 14393205 GothamGiants said:


Quote:


Please.

Tillery and Lawrence are so underrated in this class due to its depth on defense. Both would be top 10 picks in other years



If giants draft Oliver or Gary then Lawrence wouldn’t be taken. Would absolutely love Lawrence if he fell to 17, could be a huge steal. I also wouldn’t be upset if Lawrence was the pick at 6, although it probably won’t happen.


Nice to see he’s got another fan on here ... my dream start is Sweat and Lawrence round 1, and I would not be upset at all with Lawrence at 6.

He instantly transforms this defensive front and makes everyone else’s job easier ... just as he did on Clemson. He’s a mountain of a man and at the top of my Giants wish list.
I'd  
AcidTest : 4/19/2019 9:52 am : link
rather have Evans at #95. No to Tillery.
Not a fan of Little  
GothamGiants : 4/19/2019 9:54 am : link
I would love Risner or a WR like Butler/AJ.Brown at 37
RE: I thought mentioning Tillery was more telling.  
since1925 : 4/19/2019 10:09 am : link
In comment 14393199 Klaatu said:
Quote:
(How's that for alliteration?)
You missed a huge alliteration opportunity.

I thought that talking to Tillerry was telling.
RE: Not a fan of Little  
Jay on the Island : 4/19/2019 10:17 am : link
In comment 14393244 GothamGiants said:
Quote:
I would love Risner or a WR like Butler/AJ.Brown at 37

Same here but I would prefer Parris Campbell over all them but I would rather take a chance on any of them than Little.
RE: RE: Not a fan of Little  
GothamGiants : 4/19/2019 10:19 am : link
In comment 14393271 Jay on the Island said:
Quote:
In comment 14393244 GothamGiants said:


Quote:


I would love Risner or a WR like Butler/AJ.Brown at 37


Same here but I would prefer Parris Campbell over all them but I would rather take a chance on any of them than Little.


Don’t get me started on Campbell, I’m just operating under the assumption he wouldn’t be there at 37.

(I would not be upset if Campbell was selected 17th overall, I’ll just leave it at that. Love him.)
I see this as more of a negative  
ZogZerg : 4/19/2019 10:20 am : link
than anything else. Not saying it's bad, but meeting 3 times would mean they still have questions.
i really hope we trade down from 6  
Platos : 4/19/2019 10:48 am : link
there seems to be so many guys we could use from this draft and its impossible to think the draft will be over after the 3rd round like a lot of previous drafts.

the "middle of the pack" guys in this draft seem to have the most potential.
I bet there are several players they met with 3 times  
Ivan15 : 4/19/2019 11:00 am : link
But it may be significant since Little is projected to be low 1st or high 2nd pick, and Giants only have one pick between 17 and 90.
I"ve never seen Little play, so I just looked up Boylhart's write-up  
Ira : 4/19/2019 11:01 am : link
on him. In short, Drew thinks he has the talent, but may need a year or two to develop.

This makes the idea of signing Remmers and drafting Little make sense.
Drew Boylhart on Greg Little - ( New Window )
Meeting three times,  
Nine-Tails : 4/19/2019 12:16 pm : link
combine, pro day, and private visit. Nothing extraordinary, just part of the scouting protocol/due diligence. The guy is reaching if he thinks that they are tipping their hand.
I view this as him being on shortlist for 37  
MM_in_NYC : 4/19/2019 12:19 pm : link
and they want to be ready to select if he's there.
Little is projected  
Leg of Theismann : 4/19/2019 12:41 pm : link
in the the late-1st to mid-2nd round. It would not be shocking to see the Giants take him. Hopefully if they do he is a possible short-term or long-term answer at one of our OT spots.
RE: I've had Little mocked to the Giants at #37...  
Giantz_comeback : 4/19/2019 1:03 pm : link
In comment 14393206 Torrag said:
Quote:
...Risner as well. I think Tillery's personality scares some teams. He will be an outspoken presence.


Ahhh Tillery has potential character stuff. They've been adamant about changing culture. It depends on what they feel about the character but NYG will be alot more aggressive taking guys entirely off the board for certain personality stuff.

Tillery I dont think has been in for one of the top 30 visits
RE: I am not a fan  
Big Blue Blogger : 4/19/2019 1:35 pm : link
Jay on the Island said:
Quote:
The reports questioning his work ethic and desire scare the hell out of me.
These concerns might help explain the intensive due diligence on Little.
Jay,  
Big Blue '56 : 4/19/2019 2:29 pm : link
if that is true and a big concern, then how could they not pass? Suddenly a guy is going to develop that in the pros?
RE: Jay,  
Ten Ton Hammer : 4/19/2019 2:49 pm : link
In comment 14393669 Big Blue '56 said:
Quote:
if that is true and a big concern, then how could they not pass? Suddenly a guy is going to develop that in the pros?


He wouldn't be the first guy who was drafted with those concernes. Some teams value the talent enough and believe their coaches can fix things.

Somewhat similar to how for years the Giants bought into OL prospects with flaws because they trusted Pat Flaherty was good enough to make useful players of them.

When you believe in your system, you think you can fix anyone.
RE: RE: I thought mentioning Tillery was more telling.  
Jay in Toronto : 4/19/2019 3:20 pm : link
In comment 14393260 since1925 said:
Quote:
In comment 14393199 Klaatu said:


Quote:


(How's that for alliteration?)

You missed a huge alliteration opportunity.

I thought that talking to Tillerry was telling.


Thinking that talking to Tilley totally telling of tea-leaves trends.
Back to the Corner