Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

NFT: Trade for Anthony Davis or keep the pick?

BigBlueDownTheShore : 5/15/2019 9:11 am
What says BBI.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 <<Prev | Show All |
I don't know  
LawrenceTaylor56 : 5/16/2019 6:53 am : link
why people look at this situation and use it to take some sort of shot at the Knicks. We have the 3rd pick and are gonna get RJ Barrett. It could be A LOT worse.

I'd rather keep our young core and get FAs instead of AD.
RE: I don't know  
GiantsUA : 5/16/2019 7:39 am : link
In comment 14445737 LawrenceTaylor56 said:
Quote:
why people look at this situation and use it to take some sort of shot at the Knicks. We have the 3rd pick and are gonna get RJ Barrett. It could be A LOT worse.

I'd rather keep our young core and get FAs instead of AD.


Agree
Another thing to remember about adding the 2 FA's and then trading  
Stu11 : 5/16/2019 8:33 am : link
for AD is that the trade for AD has to come last. Obviously the 3rd pick is the centerpiece so we'd have to wait till late July to officially complete the deal. If you want to surround the big 3 with vet ring chasers they'll mostly be gone by then. What FA is waiting around 3 or 4 weeks into free agency to sign?The key with the Boston/Miami situations is that they were able to pull it all together by the start of free agency. The more I think about it signing the big 2 and keeping the rest together make way more sense.
If we can trade for AD without giving up DSJ  
Chris684 : 5/16/2019 8:57 am : link
then KD is the only other move you need to make.

KD + AD > KD + Kyrie

Question is, will KD come with AD instead of Kyrie.
RE: I don't know  
Ten Ton Hammer : 5/16/2019 9:09 am : link
In comment 14445737 LawrenceTaylor56 said:
Quote:
why people look at this situation and use it to take some sort of shot at the Knicks. We have the 3rd pick and are gonna get RJ Barrett. It could be A LOT worse.

I'd rather keep our young core and get FAs instead of AD.



Not getting a pick lower than 3 is a total win. They beat the odds. Every year people claim the draft only has two players, and then we end up surprised when the rookie of the year isn't the #1 or #2 pick.
Last day for me in Chicago  
ajr2456 : 5/16/2019 11:49 am : link
A lot of teams convinced itís a done deal in terms of FA and that itís Knicks for AD or they keep him unless he has a change of heart about Boston
RE: RE: Barrett at #2  
Giantz_comeback : 5/16/2019 11:53 am : link
In comment 14445614 Optimus-NY said:
Quote:
In comment 14444665 JonC said:


Quote:


seems a strong possibility as well.



No it isn't. Morant is a transcendant player. Barrett isn't.


Barrett depending on the team you ask is also considered very highly. Blue chip level in fact. Not necessarily transcendental or generational but superstar upside.
RE: Last day for me in Chicago  
Giantz_comeback : 5/16/2019 11:56 am : link
In comment 14446123 ajr2456 said:
Quote:
A lot of teams convinced itís a done deal in terms of FA and that itís Knicks for AD or they keep him unless he

has a change of heart about Boston


Pick #3 is arguably the top asset any team in the running for AD can offer. Griffin will want the highest upside player to pair with Zion. Barrett carries that upside more than Tatum Brown Kuzma Ball or a injury clouded Ingram. Us getting pick 3 vs 4 or 5 was huge in terms of making this deal.
RE: Last day for me in Chicago  
nygiants16 : 5/16/2019 12:00 pm : link
In comment 14446123 ajr2456 said:
Quote:
A lot of teams convinced itís a done deal in terms of FA and that itís Knicks for AD or they keep him unless he has a change of heart about Boston


maybe the plan is durant and ad bring back deandre and try and keep smith to play point
RE: RE: Last day for me in Chicago  
ajr2456 : 5/16/2019 12:03 pm : link
In comment 14446150 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
In comment 14446123 ajr2456 said:


Quote:


A lot of teams convinced itís a done deal in terms of FA and that itís Knicks for AD or they keep him unless he has a change of heart about Boston



maybe the plan is durant and ad bring back deandre and try and keep smith to play point


People seem convinced itís KD and Kyrie with kemba as the wildcard.
KD + AD is a great pairing  
Chris684 : 5/16/2019 12:23 pm : link
because they can be dominant in the short term and AD would last beyond KD's prime so if Perry knows how to retool on the fly they can be very good for as long as AD is here.
I can't even imagine a world where the Knicks  
bceagle05 : 5/16/2019 12:55 pm : link
have that type of elite talent. As someone alluded to earlier (in this thread or the other one), Kyrie/KD/AD would be among the best players to ever put on a Knicks uniform. Since the championship years, I count three guys who were HOF-level players in their primes with the Knicks - Ewing, Bernard King, and Melo. Hopefully we double that number over the next two months.
RE: Last day for me in Chicago  
Stu11 : 5/16/2019 1:04 pm : link
In comment 14446123 ajr2456 said:
Quote:
A lot of teams convinced itís a done deal in terms of FA and that itís Knicks for AD or they keep him unless he has a change of heart about Boston

Any guys blowing it up at the combine so far? I know last year Kevin Huerter got himself from undrafted to top 20 based on blowing them away there in the drills.
RE: I can't even imagine a world where the Knicks  
Giantz_comeback : 5/16/2019 2:39 pm : link
In comment 14446249 bceagle05 said:
Quote:
have that type of elite talent. As someone alluded to earlier (in this thread or the other one), Kyrie/KD/AD would be among the best players to ever put on a Knicks uniform. Since the championship years, I count three guys who were HOF-level players in their primes with the Knicks - Ewing, Bernard King, and Melo. Hopefully we double that number over the next two months.


It would be pretty special to have all 3 of those guys courtesy of KP no less.
Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make  
xman : 5/16/2019 2:44 pm : link
Knox DSJ and Robinson have not scraped the surface. In another year maybe AD is a FA and you can reel him in without emptying the team
RE: RE: I can't even imagine a world where the Knicks  
Stu11 : 5/16/2019 2:54 pm : link
In comment 14446393 Giantz_comeback said:
Quote:

It would be pretty special to have all 3 of those guys courtesy of KP no less.

If somehow the miracle happens and KD and KI sign with the Knicks that will be easily the best trade in Knicks history.
RE: Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make  
Sean : 5/16/2019 2:54 pm : link
In comment 14446402 xman said:
Quote:
Knox DSJ and Robinson have not scraped the surface. In another year maybe AD is a FA and you can reel him in without emptying the team


Absolutely amazing with the Knicks history fans would disagree with this.
RE: RE: Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make  
Strahan91 : 5/16/2019 2:59 pm : link
In comment 14446417 Sean said:
Quote:
In comment 14446402 xman said:


Quote:


Knox DSJ and Robinson have not scraped the surface. In another year maybe AD is a FA and you can reel him in without emptying the team



Absolutely amazing with the Knicks history fans would disagree with this.

availability heuristic. AD is not Eddy Curry, Steve Francis, Stephon Marbury or Carmelo Anthony. Melo meanwhile was never the issue, the issue was deciding to pickup Billups' option and then amnesty him despite Amare's widely known health risk.
Wow. Tacko shattered the Combine record for height and reach  
Anakim : 5/16/2019 3:03 pm : link
Maybe a target for the only second round we have?
RE: RE: Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make  
Enzo : 5/16/2019 3:06 pm : link
In comment 14446417 Sean said:
Quote:
In comment 14446402 xman said:


Quote:


Knox DSJ and Robinson have not scraped the surface. In another year maybe AD is a FA and you can reel him in without emptying the team



Absolutely amazing with the Knicks history fans would disagree with this.

This would be different because Davis is much better then whatever prior "star" the Knicks traded for. When's the last time the Knicks had a first team all NBA caliber player? I don't think even Ewing ever made first team. Maybe Bernard that one year. Davis has done it 3x and still has several prime years left.
RE: Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make  
Mike in NJ : 5/16/2019 3:13 pm : link
In comment 14446402 xman said:
Quote:
Knox DSJ and Robinson have not scraped the surface. In another year maybe AD is a FA and you can reel him in without emptying the team


The Knicks have to clear the deck salary wise to bring in AD. By trading for him they can go over the cap to add him, bringing him in as a free agent in addition to KD and Kyrie isn't an option.

If you have a chance to get Robinson DsJ Knox 2 first rounders  
xman : 5/16/2019 3:21 pm : link
from a likely terrible Dallas team that could turn into potential lottery picks vs AD who is getting the better deal?Knowing the Knicks they will even add more in their rush to be great and with our lack of luck AD formerly known as unibrow goes down.
RE: RE: RE: Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make  
Greg from LI : 5/16/2019 3:40 pm : link
In comment 14446434 Enzo said:
Quote:
I don't think even Ewing ever made first team.


He did once, in 1989-90. King was first team twice, in 83-84 and 84-85. Willis Reed made it once (1969-70), Clyde four times (69-70, 71-72, 73-74, 74-75).That's all of them.
I vowed three years ago  
Gatorade Dunk : 5/16/2019 3:48 pm : link
to never again get excited about a potential trade for anyone named Anthony Davis.

I may break that promise to myself.

Imminent - ( New Window )
RE: RE: Last day for me in Chicago  
ajr2456 : 5/16/2019 4:20 pm : link
In comment 14446260 Stu11 said:
Quote:
In comment 14446123 ajr2456 said:


Quote:


A lot of teams convinced itís a done deal in terms of FA and that itís Knicks for AD or they keep him unless he has a change of heart about Boston


Any guys blowing it up at the combine so far? I know last year Kevin Huerter got himself from undrafted to top 20 based on blowing them away there in the drills.


Jared Harper, Terrance Davis, Zylan cheatem and Jalen Lecque have been gaining some attention. If Lecque is there when the Knicks pick round 2 I take him and stash him in the g league
RE: RE: RE: Last day for me in Chicago  
Stu11 : 5/16/2019 4:59 pm : link
In comment 14446517 ajr2456 said:
Quote:
In comment 14446260 Stu11 said:


Quote:


In comment 14446123 ajr2456 said:


Quote:


A lot of teams convinced itís a done deal in terms of FA and that itís Knicks for AD or they keep him unless he has a change of heart about Boston


Any guys blowing it up at the combine so far? I know last year Kevin Huerter got himself from undrafted to top 20 based on blowing them away there in the drills.



Jared Harper, Terrance Davis, Zylan cheatem and Jalen Lecque have been gaining some attention. If Lecque is there when the Knicks pick round 2 I take him and stash him in the g league

Great thanks for the info I'll definately keep a eye on those guys. I think the NBA combine has gotten way more important with all the one or two and dones. You don't get to see them as much in game situations as in the past.
Pretty good article on Barrett  
BigBlueShock : 5/16/2019 7:50 pm : link
I think itís a bit over the top with the Wade comparisons, but who knows. As a guy that thinks Barrett is a bit overrated, articles like this at least give me some hope. There are a lot of people out there that absolutely love Barrettís game, this is just one article that I just read so figured Iíd post.
Shades of Wade? - ( New Window )
RE: Pretty good article on Barrett  
shyster : 5/16/2019 7:59 pm : link
In comment 14446646 BigBlueShock said:
Quote:
I think itís a bit over the top with the Wade comparisons, but who knows. As a guy that thinks Barrett is a bit overrated, articles like this at least give me some hope. There are a lot of people out there that absolutely love Barrettís game, this is just one article that I just read so figured Iíd post. Shades of Wade? - ( New Window )


Just read that myself.

Hale is an editor for the Post who doesn't write many articles any more but felt strongly about this subject.

I mostly agree with Hale and particularly agree with this comment from the U of Miami coach:

"Barrett is such an aggressive attacker. He does something that Iíve tried to teach my sons and my grandsons about basketball and that is, about 95 percent of the time the aggressor wins."


Watching the warriors  
nygiants16 : 5/16/2019 9:25 pm : link
makes me not want to trade for davis
RE: Watching the warriors  
Sean : 5/16/2019 10:43 pm : link
In comment 14446704 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
makes me not want to trade for davis


Would be very disappointing if they did. Foolish.
RE: RE: Pretty good article on Barrett  
ChaChing : 5/16/2019 10:56 pm : link
To add to this, I read a little BG from his pops fwiw:
Quote:
ďWeíd go to see family and take [RJ] out to the blacktop,Ē Rowan told Slam recently. ďI went to school in New York, so Iíd just travel to Harlem and Coney Island. I had an understanding of what that was and how important it was for him.

ďThe city game isnít a lot of jump shots. Itís a lot of going to the rim. Figuring out how to get to the rim. No one calls fouls. All the trash talk, the chatter. Can you play while someone is talking to you? Donít look over to the side. Daddy canít help you. So weíd take him there in the summer and it was great for his development in terms of toughness. He learned the European way and then he played in Brooklyn.íí

I can see some Wade, tho Turner / Derozan seems a bit more accurate (splitting hairs). I could also see a Draymond light on day 1...not the same but could add energy, D, rebounding, push the O / pace w/ his handle, has a bit more O polish w/ the ball (tho DG might be a better passer today). IMO he has a versatility on day 1 that will make his NBA transition smoothest even if he has a lower ceiling - important if he's next to KD & KI - while learning from them to be an NBA #1 / #2

NYP Morant or Barrett - ( New Window )
Ian Begley:  
Anakim : 5/16/2019 11:26 pm : link
If GSW wins the whole thing without KD, heís coming to NYK  
Jim in Hoboken : 5/17/2019 12:21 am : link
for sure.

I am warming up to Barrett. I donít see Wade or Derozon at all. I can see Harden or Pierce if his shot develops.

Didnít know Hunter was born in 1997, the rest of the prospects are a full 2.5 years younger.
I can see Pierce w/ a lesser J sure, but Harden is nothing like that  
ChaChing : 5/17/2019 1:00 am : link
Pierce was an intermediate focused player w/ a post game. Also was a solid defender. His bball IQ was tops overall - if he had to score, he did. If he needed to handle the ball, sure. If he needed to defend, done. While RJ has a ton to prove at NBA level, that's a lot more like him. And similar to a Derozan light, Turner (and IMO lesser but Wade)

Harden is more a face up & drive if perimeter player (esp given his great / improved J). Also has minimal post presence. And no D. Nor does he have much motor off the ball. I'd give him credit for smarts w/ ball in hand, but his IQ off the ball & on D is weak (where RJ did well in college)

I know others say Harden, but IMO they are nothing alike
Also Harden's playmaking ability is legit  
ChaChing : 5/17/2019 1:03 am : link
even if he's not a conventional PG

IMO RJ is a willing, solid passer, but that's not his game as much atm, and something he will need to improve upon especially if he doesn't become a top scorer or just improve his J a bunch
I keep seeing this turner/derozan...  
Italianju : 5/17/2019 7:48 am : link
talk, but they are not similar players. Derozan is a MUCH better offensive player then turner is, like not even in the same conversation. Turner is more your do everything ok, but nothing great kinda guy. Derozan is high level scorer who just recently started to do a better job with rebounds/assists. So are you all saying he could be Turner with better offense or Derozan with better defense? If thats the case then i get it.

I dont see Harden (obviously), but ill freely admin that Harden is one of my all time wrong calls on college to pro player. I didnt think he was going to be anywhere near this good.

On Barrett i do find a bit funny that this time last year he was the consensus number 1 pick and he went out and helped Duke to a strong year and scored the most point by an ACC freshmen in 25 years and now people are upset to get him at 3.
RE: I keep seeing this turner/derozan...  
nygiants16 : 5/17/2019 8:19 am : link
In comment 14446805 Italianju said:
Quote:
talk, but they are not similar players. Derozan is a MUCH better offensive player then turner is, like not even in the same conversation. Turner is more your do everything ok, but nothing great kinda guy. Derozan is high level scorer who just recently started to do a better job with rebounds/assists. So are you all saying he could be Turner with better offense or Derozan with better defense? If thats the case then i get it.

I dont see Harden (obviously), but ill freely admin that Harden is one of my all time wrong calls on college to pro player. I didnt think he was going to be anywhere near this good.

On Barrett i do find a bit funny that this time last year he was the consensus number 1 pick and he went out and helped Duke to a strong year and scored the most point by an ACC freshmen in 25 years and now people are upset to get him at 3.


Right now he is a ball dominant player, james harden has made people hate ball dominant players
RE: RE: I keep seeing this turner/derozan...  
Mike in NJ : 5/17/2019 8:30 am : link
In comment 14446820 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
In comment 14446805 Italianju said:


Quote:


talk, but they are not similar players. Derozan is a MUCH better offensive player then turner is, like not even in the same conversation. Turner is more your do everything ok, but nothing great kinda guy. Derozan is high level scorer who just recently started to do a better job with rebounds/assists. So are you all saying he could be Turner with better offense or Derozan with better defense? If thats the case then i get it.

I dont see Harden (obviously), but ill freely admin that Harden is one of my all time wrong calls on college to pro player. I didnt think he was going to be anywhere near this good.

On Barrett i do find a bit funny that this time last year he was the consensus number 1 pick and he went out and helped Duke to a strong year and scored the most point by an ACC freshmen in 25 years and now people are upset to get him at 3.



Right now he is a ball dominant player, james harden has made people hate ball dominant players


And he went to Duke. People hate guys from Duke, Zion is the exception because he is so far beyond the norm that you can't deny how good he is. (unless you are Mike Francessa)
RE: RE: I keep seeing this turner/derozan...  
TheMick7 : 5/17/2019 8:42 am : link
In comment 14446820 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
In comment 14446805 Italianju said:


Quote:


talk, but they are not similar players. Derozan is a MUCH better offensive player then turner is, like not even in the same conversation. Turner is more your do everything ok, but nothing great kinda guy. Derozan is high level scorer who just recently started to do a better job with rebounds/assists. So are you all saying he could be Turner with better offense or Derozan with better defense? If thats the case then i get it.

I dont see Harden (obviously), but ill freely admin that Harden is one of my all time wrong calls on college to pro player. I didnt think he was going to be anywhere near this good.

On Barrett i do find a bit funny that this time last year he was the consensus number 1 pick and he went out and helped Duke to a strong year and scored the most point by an ACC freshmen in 25 years and now people are upset to get him at 3.



Right now he is a ball dominant player, james harden has made people hate ball dominant players


It's funny,people keep saying Zion is 18 & a freshman,he'll improve on areas as he gets older & gets more experience. Know what? RJ Barrett is 18 & a freshman as well. As far as being ball dominant this year,if you watched the Duke offense,it really was Zion & Barrett & when Zion was out,Barrett was their offense.Reddish was terrible this season & Jones is a nice PG but not a huge offensive threat. I know Knick fans are upset we didn't get Zion (as am I) but once the malaise dies down,they'll realize that getting the 3rd pick has enabled them to get a tremendously talented young player w/a huge upside. This draft was a 3 player top tier draft & the Knicks got one!
RE: I keep seeing this turner/derozan...  
Giantz_comeback : 5/17/2019 9:28 am : link
In comment 14446805 Italianju said:
Quote:
talk, but they are not similar players. Derozan is a MUCH better offensive player then turner is, like not even in the same conversation. Turner is more your do everything ok, but nothing great kinda guy. Derozan is high level scorer who just recently started to do a better job with rebounds/assists. So are you all saying he could be Turner with better offense or Derozan with better defense? If thats the case then i get it.

I dont see Harden (obviously), but ill freely admin that Harden is one of my all time wrong calls on college to pro player. I didnt think he was going to be anywhere near this good.

On Barrett i do find a bit funny that this time last year he was the consensus number 1 pick and he went out and helped Duke to a strong year and scored the most point by an ACC freshmen in 25 years and now people are upset to get him at 3.


No doubt to those who do this for a loving i.e. NBA GMs and scouts know this. Barrett is very high on a bunch of teams boards.

Barrett is a blue chip prospect. Which is why he holds great value in a trade too.

Lets take out the learning curve for a second amd ask this question: who is a better fit with the Knicks if Kyrie and KD come, would it be Barrett or Anthony Davis.

Just trying to get a gauge on how big a difference it would be in terms of how good the team overall would be with one or the other. Again this is not counting the learning curve (which is a big factor). I want to know if this kid reaches his ceiling is AD still a significantly better fit with KD and Kyrie?
RE: RE: I keep seeing this turner/derozan...  
TheMick7 : 5/17/2019 9:37 am : link
In comment 14446918 Giantz_comeback said:
Quote:
In comment 14446805 Italianju said:


Quote:


talk, but they are not similar players. Derozan is a MUCH better offensive player then turner is, like not even in the same conversation. Turner is more your do everything ok, but nothing great kinda guy. Derozan is high level scorer who just recently started to do a better job with rebounds/assists. So are you all saying he could be Turner with better offense or Derozan with better defense? If thats the case then i get it.

I dont see Harden (obviously), but ill freely admin that Harden is one of my all time wrong calls on college to pro player. I didnt think he was going to be anywhere near this good.

On Barrett i do find a bit funny that this time last year he was the consensus number 1 pick and he went out and helped Duke to a strong year and scored the most point by an ACC freshmen in 25 years and now people are upset to get him at 3.



No doubt to those who do this for a loving i.e. NBA GMs and scouts know this. Barrett is very high on a bunch of teams boards.

Barrett is a blue chip prospect. Which is why he holds great value in a trade too.

Lets take out the learning curve for a second amd ask this question: who is a better fit with the Knicks if Kyrie and KD come, would it be Barrett or Anthony Davis.

Just trying to get a gauge on how big a difference it would be in terms of how good the team overall would be with one or the other. Again this is not counting the learning curve (which is a big factor). I want to know if this kid reaches his ceiling is AD still a significantly better fit with KD and Kyrie?


The problem is,as it's always been, how do you add 3 almost max (AD is $27 million next season) contracts??? The only scenario I saw was trading for AD in August,where the numbers somehow(I don't know how) will allow that to happen. And I've read that the Pelicans want the AD situation remedied by the draft.If that's the case, the choice is AD/KD (with the bulk of your young players/Barrett/1st round picks gone) or KD/Kyrie & your young core & 1st round picks intact.I'd choose the latter. I've only seen that one scenario to add AD/KD/Kyrie together,so if you know of another,please share!
To me, I don't see Harden at all with RJ Barrett  
Heisenberg : 5/17/2019 9:57 am : link
Harden was a much better shooter in college from the jump.

For me, if you want an upside comparison, it's Scottie Pippen.
RE: RE: RE: I keep seeing this turner/derozan...  
Giantz_comeback : 5/17/2019 10:07 am : link
In comment 14446923 TheMick7 said:
Quote:
In comment 14446918 Giantz_comeback said:


Quote:


In comment 14446805 Italianju said:


Quote:


talk, but they are not similar players. Derozan is a MUCH better offensive player then turner is, like not even in the same conversation. Turner is more your do everything ok, but nothing great kinda guy. Derozan is high level scorer who just recently started to do a better job with rebounds/assists. So are you all saying he could be Turner with better offense or Derozan with better defense? If thats the case then i get it.

I dont see Harden (obviously), but ill freely admin that Harden is one of my all time wrong calls on college to pro player. I didnt think he was going to be anywhere near this good.

On Barrett i do find a bit funny that this time last year he was the consensus number 1 pick and he went out and helped Duke to a strong year and scored the most point by an ACC freshmen in 25 years and now people are upset to get him at 3.



No doubt to those who do this for a loving i.e. NBA GMs and scouts know this. Barrett is very high on a bunch of teams boards.

Barrett is a blue chip prospect. Which is why he holds great value in a trade too.

Lets take out the learning curve for a second amd ask this question: who is a better fit with the Knicks if Kyrie and KD come, would it be Barrett or Anthony Davis.

Just trying to get a gauge on how big a difference it would be in terms of how good the team overall would be with one or the other. Again this is not counting the learning curve (which is a big factor). I want to know if this kid reaches his ceiling is AD still a significantly better fit with KD and Kyrie?



The problem is,as it's always been, how do you add 3 almost max (AD is $27 million next season) contracts??? The only scenario I saw was trading for AD in August,where the numbers somehow(I don't know how) will allow that to happen. And I've read that the Pelicans want the AD situation remedied by the draft.If that's the case, the choice is AD/KD (with the bulk of your young players/Barrett/1st round picks gone) or KD/Kyrie & your young core & 1st round picks intact.I'd choose the latter. I've only seen that one scenario to add AD/KD/Kyrie together,so if you know of another,please share!


The numbers work . It just requires alot of cap maneuvering and utilization of the soft cap rules. We would need to use this 120% trade rule and take back more salary than we give up and go over the cap. We also have to pretty much shed all possible contracts over 4 million. DSJ Knox Frank waive Thomas(1mill cap hit vs 7mill). I believe we can still keep Mitch and Dotson and possibly Trier and make it work.

Interesting  
Giantz_comeback : 5/17/2019 11:09 am : link
Media starting to pick up on Knicks being the most likely spot for AD.
- Pelicans prefer to send him to the Eastern Conference
- the prospect of pairing Zion with RJ and having their contract lengths linked together is huge. Transitioning to a small market like NO, they could depend on each other.
- a positive way to refresh their franchise with no drama
- Lonzo Ball doesnít want to be there. Ingram health issues. Kuzmaís contract isnít for much longer.
- Mitchell Robinson next to Zion. Mitch is from the area.


Hoping we don't need to include Mitch by subbing with Dal unprotected pick but we'll see. Also expecting we receive Pels 2nd round pick back in the deal.
Wow  
Giantz_comeback : 5/17/2019 12:01 pm : link
Report: Pelicans owner Gayle Benson would trade Anthony Davis to Lakers only Ďover my dead bodyí https://wp.me/p14QT0-3FvY

Usually the words wouldnt be that strong if you intended it as a negotiation tactic lol
Griffin must be going nuts...  
Italianju : 5/17/2019 12:34 pm : link
i mean even if that is the case you dont want that out there. A smart team would use this is some leverage. Are the knicks a smart team these days? Jury is still out, but id love to see them show some balls and use this in their favor. Start off by taking Mitch off the table and making them choose the dallas pick or Knox. Sure you probably end up losing both, but no point in starting there. I mean if BOS knows KI is leaving and they drop out, and the Lakers are off the table, where are they trading him?
RE: Interesting  
Heisenberg : 5/17/2019 1:07 pm : link
In comment 14447072 Giantz_comeback said:
Quote:
Media starting to pick up on Knicks being the most likely spot for AD.
- Pelicans prefer to send him to the Eastern Conference
- the prospect of pairing Zion with RJ and having their contract lengths linked together is huge. Transitioning to a small market like NO, they could depend on each other.
- a positive way to refresh their franchise with no drama
- Lonzo Ball doesnít want to be there. Ingram health issues. Kuzmaís contract isnít for much longer.
- Mitchell Robinson next to Zion. Mitch is from the area.


Hoping we don't need to include Mitch by subbing with Dal unprotected pick but we'll see. Also expecting we receive Pels 2nd round pick back in the deal.


Celtics can also put together a nice package for AD.
Yes, if the Celtics are hell-bent on getting AD, they'll get him.  
bceagle05 : 5/17/2019 1:16 pm : link
Can't imagine they'd do it if Irving leaves though. Irving leaves, trade Tatum for AD, then AD leaves. That would be hilarious. I think AD is gonna leave New Orleans no choice but to trade him to New York.
RE: Griffin must be going nuts...  
Giantz_comeback : 5/17/2019 1:35 pm : link
In comment 14447241 Italianju said:
Quote:
i mean even if that is the case you dont want that out there. A smart team would use this is some leverage. Are the knicks a smart team these days? Jury is still out, but id love to see them show some balls and use this in their favor. Start off by taking Mitch off the table and making them choose the dallas pick or Knox. Sure you probably end up losing both, but no point in starting there. I mean if BOS knows KI is leaving and they drop out, and the Lakers are off the table, where are they trading him?


There is a possibility they could already be happy and confident with the package(s) we have discussed. Or even better we have pretty much come close to anp agreement.
RE: I keep seeing this turner/derozan...  
ChaChing : 5/17/2019 2:23 pm : link
In comment 14446805 Italianju said:
Quote:
talk, but they are not similar players. Derozan is a MUCH better offensive player then turner is, like not even in the same conversation. Turner is more your do everything ok, but nothing great kinda guy. Derozan is high level scorer who just recently started to do a better job with rebounds/assists. So are you all saying he could be Turner with better offense or Derozan with better defense? If thats the case then i get it.

I dont see Harden (obviously), but ill freely admin that Harden is one of my all time wrong calls on college to pro player. I didnt think he was going to be anywhere near this good.

On Barrett i do find a bit funny that this time last year he was the consensus number 1 pick and he went out and helped Duke to a strong year and scored the most point by an ACC freshmen in 25 years and now people are upset to get him at 3.

I think I'm the only one who said ET or DD fwiw. Sure they changed as players over time. Yes, comps are inexact, but these are apt even tho not carbon copies

DD is asked to be a #1 scorer, ET is more a do-it-all off the bench player, (and DW a HOFer - not my comp but I get it) - still good places to start predicting how RJ's NBA game develops

As I said Turner is his floor (something he might do day 1) and Derozan the ceiling...that too if RJ's range / J doesn't improve. But all are bigger wings that play inside the arc, are known to attack the rim, have a post game, a handle to push the pace & run some O tho not great playmakers, all play D, and have decent motors. So I see a fair amount of overlap even tho they're team roles aren't the same, or one is obviously more productive / just better
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner