Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

Want to take my 8 and 5 year old to their first game in Sept

Britt in VA : 5/22/2019 11:34 am
I'm targeting the Redskins game 9/29.

Don't remember the rules on this, but if anybody has a line on 4 lower level tickets and a parking pass, let me know!
Going to be an expensive day  
GIANTS128 : 5/22/2019 12:07 pm : link
640 for tickets 30 for parking...Giants better win for you
Yeah....  
Britt in VA : 5/22/2019 12:10 pm : link
but worth it. Want them to get a chance to see Manning play.
Luckily we'll be staying with my aunt and uncle....  
Britt in VA : 5/22/2019 12:11 pm : link
in Bergenfield, so the game will be the only real expense. Unless we decide to go into the city on Saturday.
RE: Yeah....  
GothamGiants : 5/22/2019 12:23 pm : link
In comment 14452089 Britt in VA said:
Quote:
but worth it. Want them to get a chance to see Manning play.


May want to look into week 2 ... home opener vs Bills if that works. The "home opener" always has a nice buzz in the air - not sure if tickets will be cheaper or more expensive (home opener v division rival)

I'm sure you'll have a lovely time regardless
RE: RE: Yeah....  
Britt in VA : 5/22/2019 12:25 pm : link
In comment 14452109 GothamGiants said:
Quote:
In comment 14452089 Britt in VA said:


Quote:


but worth it. Want them to get a chance to see Manning play.



May want to look into week 2 ... home opener vs Bills if that works. The "home opener" always has a nice buzz in the air - not sure if tickets will be cheaper or more expensive (home opener v division rival)

I'm sure you'll have a lovely time regardless


Yeah, unfortunately we've got something else going on that weekend.

I figured weather should still be nice in late September and who doesn't like seeing the Redskins get their butts whooped?

I really want to make this one memorable for them, as it will be their first (and likely the only time they'll ever see Manning play, and he's their favorite player).
RE: Yeah....  
Big Blue Blogger : 5/22/2019 12:26 pm : link
Britt in VA said:
Quote:
but worth it. Want them to get a chance to see Manning play.
If thatís your goal, Week 4 might be too late. J/k

Seriously, though, I canít imagine subjecting a 5-year-old to a live NFL game. Commercial break... kickoff/touchback... commercial break... two plays... injury timeout... incomplete pass... punt... commercial break...

Hope it goes well for you, my friend. You are a brave, wonderful Dad. Your kids deserve you, even if the Giants donít.
yeah 5 is pretty young for an NFL game  
ron mexico : 5/22/2019 12:32 pm : link
but you know your kids best and what they can and can't handle

Well my wife will be there :)  
Britt in VA : 5/22/2019 12:37 pm : link
.
The kids will have a blast.  
Beezer : 5/22/2019 12:43 pm : link
It may be about food and drinks for a lot of it, but there will be moments (lol), and of course, memories, and that's the real thing.
I remember several  
RinR : 5/22/2019 12:53 pm : link
years ago Eric being down on ticket holders selling on BBI. I think maybe the NFL cracked down.

Could be mistaken; it was a while ago.

In any case, check Stubhub. I used to sell single games on there, often for less than face.
RE: I remember several  
Britt in VA : 5/22/2019 1:01 pm : link
In comment 14452162 RinR said:
Quote:
years ago Eric being down on ticket holders selling on BBI. I think maybe the NFL cracked down.

Could be mistaken; it was a while ago.

In any case, check Stubhub. I used to sell single games on there, often for less than face.


If he asks me to take it down I will. I tried to be subtle and indiscreet when posting the thread title.

Just hoping a long time regular here can help another long time regular out before I head to stub hub.
I'm looking to get rid of the entire season  
BigBlueDownTheShore : 5/22/2019 1:05 pm : link
if anyone is interested.
My first game, October 26th, 1962.....  
No Where Man : 5/22/2019 1:24 pm : link
In the fresh aftermath of the Cuban Missile crisis, my dad, now almost 96, takes me to my first NYG game. On that day, Y.A. Tittle threw for 7 TDs, tying the record in the Giant's 49 - 34 win over the Redskins.
Sorry, it was October 28th, 1962  
No Where Man : 5/22/2019 1:27 pm : link
.
RE: My first game, October 26th, 1962.....  
Britt in VA : 5/22/2019 1:27 pm : link
In comment 14452222 No Where Man said:
Quote:
In the fresh aftermath of the Cuban Missile crisis, my dad, now almost 96, takes me to my first NYG game. On that day, Y.A. Tittle threw for 7 TDs, tying the record in the Giant's 49 - 34 win over the Redskins.


And then pulled himself out, rather than break the record, correct? Good sportsmanship. Great first game.

How old were you?
I went to my first game at 5 years old and have taken my two sons  
kinard : 5/22/2019 1:34 pm : link
when they were both 5 or 6 years old (my daughter is six and I'll take her this year).

Nothing like going to your first Giants game (mine was at Yankees Stadium). Get there earlier so you can see warm ups and punters and kickers.

Those first steps through the tunnel, the panoramic view of the field, the crowd, the noise, all the blue... there's nothing like it. Gives me chills thinking about it.
RE: RE: Yeah....  
Britt in VA : 5/22/2019 1:36 pm : link
In comment 14452112 Big Blue Blogger said:
Quote:
Britt in VA said:

Quote:


but worth it. Want them to get a chance to see Manning play.

If thatís your goal, Week 4 might be too late. J/k

Seriously, though, I canít imagine subjecting a 5-year-old to a live NFL game. Commercial break... kickoff/touchback... commercial break... two plays... injury timeout... incomplete pass... punt... commercial break...

Hope it goes well for you, my friend. You are a brave, wonderful Dad. Your kids deserve you, even if the Giants donít.


I feel like my (now) wife still has that Sehorn jersey you gave her all those years ago at camp. What was that 2004? Eli's rookie camp?

Hard to believe that was 15 years ago.
Are they big football fans  
superspynyg : 5/22/2019 1:38 pm : link
As in like the actual game? If not wait till they are.

I never understood wanting to take young children to games unless they are really into games and not just saying go Giants (like my niece who knows jack about football but like saying go Giants and dancing around the living room) you spend a lot of money. You canít watch the game as well since they will require your full attention and they get bored easily.
RE: I went to my first game at 5 years old and have taken my two sons  
Britt in VA : 5/22/2019 1:38 pm : link
In comment 14452243 kinard said:
Quote:
when they were both 5 or 6 years old (my daughter is six and I'll take her this year).

Nothing like going to your first Giants game (mine was at Yankees Stadium). Get there earlier so you can see warm ups and punters and kickers.

Those first steps through the tunnel, the panoramic view of the field, the crowd, the noise, all the blue... there's nothing like it. Gives me chills thinking about it.


Me too.
RE: Are they big football fans  
Britt in VA : 5/22/2019 1:41 pm : link
In comment 14452253 superspynyg said:
Quote:
As in like the actual game? If not wait till they are.

I never understood wanting to take young children to games unless they are really into games and not just saying go Giants (like my niece who knows jack about football but like saying go Giants and dancing around the living room) you spend a lot of money. You canít watch the game as well since they will require your full attention and they get bored easily.


They have been to many events. Plays and things like that. I think they like being at just big events. If it's nice weather, all the better. My wife will be there if one of them needs a break and to walk around, and honestly, I will do that too if necessary.

The money is not an object. The experience is everything for me. I want them to have a memory of their first game and for them to say that they saw Eli play. If I don't see hardly any of the game and they have those things it will have been worth it.
i have taken my daughter who is now 10  
Giants86 : 5/22/2019 2:00 pm : link
to 3-4 exhibition games.

Im thinking next year I will take her to regular season game.

RE: i have taken my daughter who is now 10  
Britt in VA : 5/22/2019 2:17 pm : link
In comment 14452309 Giants86 said:
Quote:
to 3-4 exhibition games.

Im thinking next year I will take her to regular season game.


That is something I've considered as well.
Man the stadium has really changed in the last twenty five years.  
Zeke's Alibi : 5/22/2019 2:23 pm : link
I remember I wasn't allowed to go to my first game till I was 10 because of the atmosphere. I wasn't the type that cared about getting food and drinks every two seconds either. I wanted to go to watch. Actually I remember bringing in Italian sandwiches and booze/water in with us so we didn't have to hit the concourse.
I actually remember seeing some old woman flash the crowd  
Zeke's Alibi : 5/22/2019 2:24 pm : link
and the lady next to me pretending to put her hands over my eyes as everyone was laughing.
RE: I actually remember seeing some old woman flash the crowd  
Britt in VA : 5/22/2019 2:25 pm : link
In comment 14452353 Zeke's Alibi said:
Quote:
and the lady next to me pretending to put her hands over my eyes as everyone was laughing.


The good ol' days :)
Britt.....see those are the type of memories your kids would  
Zeke's Alibi : 5/22/2019 2:29 pm : link
never forget!! Lol I haven't thought about that in years.
RE: RE: i have taken my daughter who is now 10  
ron mexico : 5/22/2019 2:31 pm : link
In comment 14452342 Britt in VA said:
Quote:
In comment 14452309 Giants86 said:


Quote:


to 3-4 exhibition games.

Im thinking next year I will take her to regular season game.




That is something I've considered as well.


pre-season is the way to go with kids.

Its just so much more manageable, and also a fraction of teh cost
RE: RE: RE: i have taken my daughter who is now 10  
Britt in VA : 5/22/2019 2:34 pm : link
In comment 14452366 ron mexico said:
Quote:
In comment 14452342 Britt in VA said:


Quote:


In comment 14452309 Giants86 said:


Quote:


to 3-4 exhibition games.

Im thinking next year I will take her to regular season game.




That is something I've considered as well.



pre-season is the way to go with kids.

Its just so much more manageable, and also a fraction of teh cost


The timing just isn't great, though. They are all night games and mostly on Thursday nights.

That's going to be tough coming from VA.
RE: Luckily we'll be staying with my aunt and uncle....  
NoPeanutz : 5/22/2019 3:41 pm : link
In comment 14452091 Britt in VA said:
Quote:
in Bergenfield, so the game will be the only real expense. Unless we decide to go into the city on Saturday.

Make sure you take Moonachie Road.
Honestly  
huygens20 : 5/22/2019 5:07 pm : link
I donít get the allure of watching football st the stadium.

Youíre the last person in the world to figure out whatís going on in the field always. Sure, hearing those hits is nice. But I would much rather take someone to see a basketball or hockey game
RE: Yeah....  
Bluesbreaker : 5/23/2019 7:42 am : link
In comment 14452089 Britt in VA said:
Quote:
but worth it. Want them to get a chance to see Manning play.
y

Good for you money comes and goes I would have cut off
my pinky if my Father showed up to one of my games .
He was the reason that I became a Giants and Yankee fan
I remember getting yelled at for being in front of the
TV because he was tying to watch the game .
I have sec 118 row 32 (aisle) + Parking for AZ 10/20  
giantdan : 5/23/2019 11:15 am : link
face value, of course.
what is face value these days?  
Csonka : 5/23/2019 2:53 pm : link
it's been a while for me.
tickets  
giantdan : 5/24/2019 2:54 pm : link
I think regular season seats in our section are $132.50 but I would have to do some math.
RE: RE: RE: i have taken my daughter who is now 10  
Scyber : 5/24/2019 3:11 pm : link
In comment 14452366 ron mexico said:
Quote:
In comment 14452342 Britt in VA said:


Quote:


In comment 14452309 Giants86 said:


Quote:


to 3-4 exhibition games.

Im thinking next year I will take her to regular season game.




That is something I've considered as well.



pre-season is the way to go with kids.

Its just so much more manageable, and also a fraction of teh cost


Most preseason games start at 7:30pm or later though. Which is a pain for little ones.
My daughter turns 7 in July and she has been at the home opener every  
Scyber : 5/24/2019 3:17 pm : link
year for 3 or 4 years now. My sons are older so they have been going for longer. In 2017 I took all three of them by myself to a late season game (wife needed some time alone to do some santa wrapping).

Going with kids can be challenging, but with 2 kids and 2 parents you should be ok. Many fans are aware of little kids sitting near by and will tone down their language. Not all unfortunately, but many will.

Note though that 9/29 could be colder. Not freezing, but september is when the lows go from mid 60s to low 50s. Dress appropriately and you should be fine. You may want to look for covered seats though. Mezzanine upper endzone is cover and I think the lower level upper endzone is covered (not 100% sure on that though)
Back to the Corner