Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

NFT: NBA Finals, Game 5: Raps can clinch!

SFGFNCGiantsFan : 6/10/2019 8:16 pm
Looking forward to this one. KD is playing, not too surprising.

Who you got?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 <<Prev | Show All |
RE: nick nurse  
PhiPsi125 : 6/10/2019 11:40 pm : link
In comment 14468843 lightemup said:
Quote:
lost this game. Why in the world would he call a time out when the crowd was going crazy and kawhi was out of his mind? If they lose this series, they can go back and pin point that timeout as the turning point


Yeah I thought that was weird also. And if you noticed, Kawhi didnít get the ball nearly as much after the timeout. Way to ice your own team lol.
Klay Thompson guarding Kawhi at the end  
Osi Osi Osi OyOyOy : 6/10/2019 11:40 pm : link
What a great game. Klay was something else.
RE: outside of the KD injury  
madgiantscow009 : 6/10/2019 11:40 pm : link
In comment 14468835 ChaChing said:
Quote:
this has been another real fun game to watch

As the saying goes, "He just makes it look Steph-ortless"


I barely watch basketball, but he falls a lot while dribbling. Very sloppy in the 2 games i've watch this season.
RE: WTF was that last  
RasputinPrime : 6/10/2019 11:40 pm : link
In comment 14468846 SFGFNCGiantsFan said:
Quote:
offensive possession?


I don't know why they didn't run a set play. They are going to really regret that if GS gets over the hump.
Warriors did their best to hand the game to Toronto  
Greg from LI : 6/10/2019 11:40 pm : link
But great defense to close it out. Good. Fuck that scummy crowd - glad they didn't get to celebrate tonight.
RE: Klay Thompson guarding Kawhi at the end  
bceagle05 : 6/10/2019 11:41 pm : link
In comment 14468851 Osi Osi Osi OyOyOy said:
Quote:
What a great game. Klay was something else.

Klay has balls of steel. Great, great player.
RE: nick nurse  
nygiants16 : 6/10/2019 11:43 pm : link
In comment 14468843 lightemup said:
Quote:
lost this game. Why in the world would he call a time out when the crowd was going crazy and kawhi was out of his mind? If they lose this series, they can go back and pin point that timeout as the turning point


i actually said to myself if kawhi hits a shot here the roof is going to blow off and nurse calls a timeout and they never got the momentum back...

he did Kerr a favor, you could actually kerr look at his assistants like there was nothing they could do..
A 3-pointer down 1 to win the game is a terrible shot (unless it goes)  
dpinzow : 6/10/2019 11:43 pm : link
Any bucket wins the game. Toronto had to go inside, especially because Golden State had no size on the court
RE: Klay Thompson guarding Kawhi at the end  
Dave in PA : 6/10/2019 11:43 pm : link
In comment 14468851 Osi Osi Osi OyOyOy said:
Quote:
What a great game. Klay was something else.
Yea heís really a fantastic player. Probably at the height of his career at the moment
Kyle Lowry  
LawrenceTaylor56 : 6/10/2019 11:43 pm : link
is hot garbage.
RE: RE: outside of the KD injury  
ChaChing : 6/10/2019 11:43 pm : link
In comment 14468852 madgiantscow009 said:
Quote:
In comment 14468835 ChaChing said:
Quote:
this has been another real fun game to watch

As the saying goes, "He just makes it look Steph-ortless"


I barely watch basketball, but he falls a lot while dribbling. Very sloppy in the 2 games i've watch this season.

Were you just watching this game? He hits 3 straight 3s in like a minute to literally pull this game out
Well that was a satisfying end  
santacruzom : 6/10/2019 11:44 pm : link
After beating the Rockets on the road a game after Durant's injury then pulling off this game, I'm cool with whatever happens from here on out.
RE: RE: Klay Thompson guarding Kawhi at the end  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 6/10/2019 11:44 pm : link
In comment 14468855 bceagle05 said:
Quote:
In comment 14468851 Osi Osi Osi OyOyOy said:


Quote:


What a great game. Klay was something else.


Klay has balls of steel. Great, great player.


I still don't think they're going to win the series, but dammit Klay deserves some kind of award for how he's played. I was 100% certain he was going to make that big shot... not a doubt in my mind. Whatever the most they can pay him is, he deserves it.

I don't even know how they won this game. Just looked up and they had 1 more point when it was over. Little luck and a few big baskets.
.  
threeofakind33 : 6/10/2019 11:45 pm : link
Lost in Nick Nurse calling timeout at a seemingly random moment and then not calling timeout wen he arguably should have is Kyle Lowry laying a complete egg down the stretch.

Terrible last two minutes for him.
RE: RE: RE: outside of the KD injury  
madgiantscow009 : 6/10/2019 11:47 pm : link
In comment 14468861 ChaChing said:
Quote:
In comment 14468852 madgiantscow009 said:


Quote:


In comment 14468835 ChaChing said:
Quote:
this has been another real fun game to watch

As the saying goes, "He just makes it look Steph-ortless"


I barely watch basketball, but he falls a lot while dribbling. Very sloppy in the 2 games i've watch this season.


Were you just watching this game? He hits 3 straight 3s in like a minute to literally pull this game out


I missed the last 5 minutes. Got side-tracked. More curious about the leg injury.
Kyle Lowry sucks  
Greg from LI : 6/10/2019 11:48 pm : link
And is a whiny bitch to boot
What happened to Siakam down the stretch??  
nyjuggernaut2 : 6/10/2019 11:50 pm : link
I don't think he saw the floor in those last 3-4 minutes.
Is it me or did Leonard give the ball up  
slickwilly : 6/10/2019 11:54 pm : link
really early on that last possession? Thought he could have kept going to the hole.
RE: Is it me or did Leonard give the ball up  
threeofakind33 : 6/10/2019 11:58 pm : link
In comment 14468870 slickwilly said:
Quote:
really early on that last possession? Thought he could have kept going to the hole.


I think Iguodala timed it perfectly. One instant later though and I think Kawhi has the step on them. The only option there is to call timeout, pass or jack up a contested long jumper.
RE: Is it me or did Leonard give the ball up  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 6/10/2019 11:59 pm : link
In comment 14468870 slickwilly said:
Quote:
really early on that last possession? Thought he could have kept going to the hole.


No. Iggy did a good job with completely stopping the ball on the double.

Still don't understand the whole Durant thing. They were using him properly (considering the injury), then decided FUCK IT, let's have him bring the ball up the floor and try to take people off the dribble. They were using him like a Channing Frye and it was working. Once they decided to do too much, then he hurt his leg again. Maybe it was his choice... IDK.
You guys are right  
slickwilly : 6/11/2019 12:01 am : link
Watched it again and Iggy made a great play and forced him to move the ball.
Horrible play calling  
jestersdead : 6/11/2019 12:07 am : link
On the last possession and a great double from Igudola. Either call time out and set something up or run a pick and roll up top. Gasol never bothered to look where his man went. He just turned his back to set a screen for Lowry. If Gasol sees Igudola go double, hes open for a short jumper
Bob Myers in tears.  
bceagle05 : 6/11/2019 12:14 am : link
"Achilles injury" - they'll know more tomorrow. Says it was a collaborative decision but blame him. Now defending KD. Very powerful.
RE: Bob Myers in tears.  
nygiants16 : 6/11/2019 12:16 am : link
In comment 14468876 bceagle05 said:
Quote:
"Achilles injury" - they'll know more tomorrow. Says it was a collaborative decision but blame him. Now defending KD. Very powerful.


if they dont know extent coukd be partial tear not full tear
RE: Bob Myers in tears.  
Greg from LI : 6/11/2019 12:16 am : link
In comment 14468876 bceagle05 said:
Quote:
"Achilles injury" - they'll know more tomorrow. Says it was a collaborative decision but blame him. Now defending KD. Very powerful.


Of course it is.

God hates the Knicks.
RE: Horrible play calling  
bw in dc : 6/11/2019 12:21 am : link
In comment 14468874 jestersdead said:
Quote:
On the last possession and a great double from Igudola. Either call time out and set something up or run a pick and roll up top. Gasol never bothered to look where his man went. He just turned his back to set a screen for Lowry. If Gasol sees Igudola go double, hes open for a short jumper


100% right. Not throwing a high screen option for Leonard to play off of was beyond incompetent.

Kudos to Golden State for making Leonard give up the ball. But Leonard really needs to have a better option to either shoot, or make an offensive move that draws the D, and opens up a shooter.
RE: Bob Myers in tears.  
santacruzom : 6/11/2019 12:22 am : link
In comment 14468876 bceagle05 said:
Quote:
"Achilles injury" - they'll know more tomorrow. Says it was a collaborative decision but blame him. Now defending KD. Very powerful.


I know people love to hate the Warriors now, but I sincerely believe listening to a few Bob Myers interviews would change that. He is all class.
RE: RE: Bob Myers in tears.  
bceagle05 : 6/11/2019 12:24 am : link
Quote:
I know people love to hate the Warriors now, but I sincerely believe listening to a few Bob Myers interviews would change that. He is all class.

Yep, Steve Mills would hide under a rock and let Fizdale take the heat.
Sorry guys but that  
GMEN46 : 6/11/2019 12:26 am : link
Was the weirdest press conference ever. It was uncomfortable to watch. Question does it matter partial vs full rupture? Wonít his career never be the same either way?
Sad ending for a great player.  
larryflower37 : 6/11/2019 12:30 am : link
Doubtful he will ever be the player he was.
The Knicks will still give him a Max deal. Book it now.
Myers in tears, Kleinman "white as a ghost,"  
bceagle05 : 6/11/2019 12:38 am : link
It's obviously a worst-case scenario - they know he's fucked.
bob meyers  
lightemup : 6/11/2019 12:53 am : link
should lose his license. I didn't see his tearful press conference, but how could reggie miller call his initial injury an achilles rupture and meyers allows KD to take the court tonight? I always thought it was an achilles injury, so I never thought he'd be playing tonight. No way I give him a max contract with the knicks history with injuries like this
RE: RE: Bob Myers in tears.  
madgiantscow009 : 6/11/2019 1:07 am : link
In comment 14468881 santacruzom said:
Quote:
In comment 14468876 bceagle05 said:


Quote:


"Achilles injury" - they'll know more tomorrow. Says it was a collaborative decision but blame him. Now defending KD. Very powerful.



I know people love to hate the Warriors now, but I sincerely believe listening to a few Bob Myers interviews would change that. He is all class.


just saw that one, very cringe-worthy.
Two smug guys  
shyster : 6/11/2019 1:11 am : link
yukking it up before the game. Not a care.

From all accounts, KD's attempt at practice on Friday was a total non-starter. And between Friday and Monday he's magically fully cleared, no limitations?

BS.

Moe - ( New Window )
RE: bob meyers  
santacruzom : 6/11/2019 1:12 am : link
In comment 14468891 lightemup said:
Quote:
should lose his license. I didn't see his tearful press conference, but how could reggie miller call his initial injury an achilles rupture and meyers allows KD to take the court tonight?


I think it's because Reggie Miller didn't go to med school.
RE: bob meyers  
ChaChing : 6/11/2019 1:18 am : link
In comment 14468891 lightemup said:
Quote:
should lose his license. I didn't see his tearful press conference, but how could reggie miller call his initial injury an achilles rupture and meyers allows KD to take the court tonight? I always thought it was an achilles injury, so I never thought he'd be playing tonight. No way I give him a max contract with the knicks history with injuries like this

Seriously? He got checked out, MRI etc, even a month+ of rehab for a calf. Is it possible, it WAS in fact a calf? A lot of us thought Achilles watching it live. And apparently we were all wrong

Now if you want to discuss how a weakened calf might effect adjacent muscles / ligaments / joints and so he shouldn't have played, that makes more sense. Tho that too was likely his final decision, after significant input from docs, agent, team, not just Bob Myers. And if everyone says he checks out to play, why would Myers veto all that medical & pro input when playing an finals elimination game?

They weren't going to ignore weeks of eval & rehab from medical pros based on your's or reggie's medical opinion from just watching it live & on replay. Funny people can call for someone's job while being THIS ridiculous in thought process
Ah sorry, that came off more harsh than intended  
ChaChing : 6/11/2019 1:23 am : link
but it's clearly poor reasoning to use Reggie's medical opinion as indicative of what KD / Bob Myers should do
The calf and the achilles meet  
shyster : 6/11/2019 1:33 am : link
When there is pain in the area, what you choose to call the injury for public consumption can be a choice, not 100% black or white, one or the other.

Doctors don't get to talk to reporters or issue press releases. And they may very well leave enough gray area in their diagnosis for non-MDSs to make decisions about what exactly an injury is called.

It is a very plausible conclusion, never to be proven, that the initial injury did involve the achilles.

It's also a very plausible conclusion, given how poorly KD's practice went on Friday, that he would not have been cleared to play tonight if the series were tied 2-2. And that those making the decisions allowed the elimination scenario to affect their judgment to the permanent detriment of the player.
That final play by Lowery  
Leg of Theismann : 6/11/2019 1:54 am : link
was eerily similar to John Starks's 3 pointer at the end of game 6 of the '94 finals. A chance to win it all and then Olajawan just barely got a piece of it. We all know what happened after that.

Anyone else have that same though tonight?
Sickening.  
bceagle05 : 6/11/2019 2:04 am : link
Quote:
Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne
The Warriors believe Kevin Durantís MRI on Tuesday will confirm a torn right Achillesí tendon, league sources tell me and
@wojespn
RE: nick nurse  
Leg of Theismann : 6/11/2019 2:19 am : link
In comment 14468843 lightemup said:
Quote:
lost this game. Why in the world would he call a time out when the crowd was going crazy and kawhi was out of his mind? If they lose this series, they can go back and pin point that timeout as the turning point


that literally made no fucking sense. That timeout gave the Warriors a chance to adjust and Kawhi's momentum was disrupted. His own personal 10-0 run was cut short by a timeout by HIS OWN TEAM? You could tell he was sensing the moment and going in for the kill. Should have ridden it out and seen how much more Kawhi could increase the lead himself. He was finishing off the great Warrior Dynasty all on his own, taking the whole team down one by one, shit looked like the ending of a Jackie Chan movie. Until Nick Murse (purposeful spelling) calls a timeout and has to make sure his team loses the game. CHOKE JOB.
In regards to Durant  
Philu916 : 6/11/2019 4:34 am : link
If it is a torn Achilles, how long does it take to recover?I know thereíll be surgery. Looked it up online it said it takes 4-6 weeks to recover with a lot of PT. I saw people on here saying heíll never be the same. I donít know much about the injury in regards to playing basketball.
for a 4-6 weeks is way off  
GMEN46 : 6/11/2019 5:06 am : link
He will be out forba long time and will never be the same. History of this injury and player success after it is terrible. Absolutely no way knicks can sign him and I canít see hm opting out of his deal now, he would be a moron if he did.
Brutal loss  
Les in TO : 6/11/2019 6:25 am : link
Lowryís last shot was blocked. He is the second biggest reason they are in the finals with his scrappy play on both ends.

The timeout was a gamble that backfired - tried to give them a rest because of the fourth quarter timeout rule but yeah questionable given the momentum

Hope Durant is fine - the idiots who initially cheered likely didnít appreciate the magnitude of what happened and donít represent the city
are we over this Drake thing yet?  
Jints in Carolina : 6/11/2019 7:54 am : link
My goodness, what a tool.
Maybe Durant..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 6/11/2019 8:04 am : link
had an achilles injury prior - but it would've been a strain or a problem between the calf and ankle:

Quote:
bob meyers
lightemup : 12:53 am : link : reply
should lose his license. I didn't see his tearful press conference, but how could reggie miller call his initial injury an achilles rupture and meyers allows KD to take the court tonight? I always thought it was an achilles injury, so I never thought he'd be playing tonight. No way I give him a max contract with the knicks history with injuries like this


He wouldn't have been able to come back from a rupture. so if Miller actually said that, no wonder it was disregarded. It would've been pure bullshit.
RE: Maybe Durant..  
lightemup : 6/11/2019 8:13 am : link
In comment 14468974 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
had an achilles injury prior - but it would've been a strain or a problem between the calf and ankle:



Quote:


bob meyers
lightemup : 12:53 am : link : reply
should lose his license. I didn't see his tearful press conference, but how could reggie miller call his initial injury an achilles rupture and meyers allows KD to take the court tonight? I always thought it was an achilles injury, so I never thought he'd be playing tonight. No way I give him a max contract with the knicks history with injuries like this



He wouldn't have been able to come back from a rupture. so if Miller actually said that, no wonder it was disregarded. It would've been pure bullshit.


I don't remember if he used the word "ruptured", but he did know it was a problem with his achilles. Next day the warriors called it a calf strain. That diagnosis was bullshit
RE: In regards to Durant  
Ten Ton Hammer : 6/11/2019 9:05 am : link
In comment 14468916 Philu916 said:
Quote:
If it is a torn Achilles, how long does it take to recover?I know thereíll be surgery. Looked it up online it said it takes 4-6 weeks to recover with a lot of PT. I saw people on here saying heíll never be the same. I donít know much about the injury in regards to playing basketball.


Is it not the same injury as Porzingis? He could miss half of next season.
RE: RE: Maybe Durant..  
santacruzom : 6/11/2019 12:32 pm : link
In comment 14468981 lightemup said:
Quote:
In comment 14468974 FatMan in Charlotte said:


Quote:


had an achilles injury prior - but it would've been a strain or a problem between the calf and ankle:



Quote:


bob meyers
lightemup : 12:53 am : link : reply
should lose his license. I didn't see his tearful press conference, but how could reggie miller call his initial injury an achilles rupture and meyers allows KD to take the court tonight? I always thought it was an achilles injury, so I never thought he'd be playing tonight. No way I give him a max contract with the knicks history with injuries like this



He wouldn't have been able to come back from a rupture. so if Miller actually said that, no wonder it was disregarded. It would've been pure bullshit.



I don't remember if he used the word "ruptured", but he did know it was a problem with his achilles. Next day the warriors called it a calf strain. That diagnosis was bullshit


Why are you ascribing so much professional authority to Reggie Miller's sideline observation and kneejerk diagnosis of an injury?
RE: RE: Maybe Durant..  
ChaChing : 6/11/2019 1:39 pm : link
In comment 14468981 lightemup said:
Quote:
In comment 14468974 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
had an achilles injury prior - but it would've been a strain or a problem between the calf and ankle:

Quote:
bob meyers
lightemup : 12:53 am : link : reply
should lose his license. I didn't see his tearful press conference, but how could reggie miller call his initial injury an achilles rupture and meyers allows KD to take the court tonight? I always thought it was an achilles injury, so I never thought he'd be playing tonight. No way I give him a max contract with the knicks history with injuries like this


He wouldn't have been able to come back from a rupture. so if Miller actually said that, no wonder it was disregarded. It would've been pure bullshit.


I don't remember if he used the word "ruptured", but he did know it was a problem with his achilles. Next day the warriors called it a calf strain. That diagnosis was bullshit

So I guess you ARE saying Reggie's knee-jerk non-medical opinion should supersede any professional medical opinion? The Drs opinions of calf strain - that after eval, MRI, therapy - is bullshit?

That is true genius
Pages: 1 2 3 4 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner