Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

2007 Divisional Playoff - Cowboys

pivo : 6/10/2019 10:29 pm
This was such a great game. Featured Eli's 40 second, 71 yd passing-only drive to end the half, and the Boys implosion to end the game with McQuarters' pic. Home field didn't stop a good officiating crew from calling the penalty-machine Cowboys number a dozen times. Spags turned up the heat and kept bringing the house in the 2nd half. So much fun to watch closeups of Jerrah grimacing over and over again. Pretty sure he had all of the Packers tickets for friends and family in his coat pocket...

Thanks to the BBI poster (sorry, can't remember who) who introduced the "L" button on the keyboard to fast forward 10 seconds on Youtube. 3 clicks per play and the whole game took only 45 minutes.
Giants-Cowboys 2007 - ( New Window )
That drive before halftime to tie it up @ 14 all  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 6/10/2019 10:30 pm : link
Was huge. The only game that postseason where I thought the Giants were outplayed.
Could make a case it was as big an upset as the Super Bowl  
bceagle05 : 6/10/2019 10:39 pm : link
given it was a road game (as opposed to neutral site) and we were severely banged up in the secondary - the defense got healthier by the time we got to the Super Bowl.
Probably my favorite win ever  
Ben in Tampa : 6/10/2019 10:40 pm : link
I HATED that 2007 Cowboys team
One of my favorite Giants games of all time  
Sonic Youth : 6/10/2019 10:40 pm : link
I will be honest - I did NOT think we'd win that game.
The start  
Dave in PA : 6/10/2019 10:57 pm : link
Of the best 3 game stretch of my sports life
Steve Smith  
Marty866b : 6/10/2019 10:57 pm : link
Had such a short career you sometimes forget how good he was for us.
RE: Could make a case it was as big an upset as the Super Bowl  
Leg of Theismann : 6/11/2019 1:48 am : link
In comment 14468750 bceagle05 said:
Quote:
given it was a road game (as opposed to neutral site) and we were severely banged up in the secondary - the defense got healthier by the time we got to the Super Bowl.
\

Also interesting note: that Cowboys team had an all-time NFL record 13 pro bowl selections. So that postseason we beat the best team in history by the standard of record (18-0) and pro bowl selections (13). All that along with the fact we beat Favre at Lambeau with the longest FG in Lambeau postseason history? Pardon the cliche but what a magical run.
Just finished watching it  
madgiantscow009 : 6/11/2019 2:45 am : link
have been on a 2007/2012 kick the last few days.

That was a nice shovel pass by Romo at the end.
What an exciting nerve racking game  
montanagiant : 6/11/2019 3:56 am : link
So many key plays at crucial moments
RE: One of my favorite Giants games of all time  
Tuckrule : 6/11/2019 5:20 am : link
In comment 14468752 Sonic Youth said:
Quote:
I will be honest - I did NOT think we'd win that game.


Nobody did. You are def not alone
Two things:  
Big Blue '56 : 6/11/2019 6:54 am : link
1-How Steve Smith (during that 40 second, end of half drive) survived that mid back shot near the right sidelines, I’ll never know. He was effectively broken or split into two.

2-Where is tge OBLIGATORY end of game Jerry photo?
RE: Two things:  
Sonic Youth : 6/11/2019 7:01 am : link
In comment 14468938 Big Blue '56 said:
Quote:
1-How Steve Smith (during that 40 second, end of half drive) survived that mid back shot near the right sidelines, I’ll never know. He was effectively broken or split into two.

2-Where is tge OBLIGATORY end of game Jerry photo?
Can't forget crying TO.

That's my teammate - sniff sniff - That's my quarterback - sniff sniff
Loved it!  
Mdgiantsfan : 6/11/2019 7:04 am : link
Fortunately the very next day I had to go to Dallas for work. It was priceless to go in my hotel room and have the Dallas newspaper with a picture of TO crying “that’s my quarterback “ on it 😂
That drive at the end of the first half with forty something seconds  
Ira : 6/11/2019 7:27 am : link
left was incredible.
Thank goodness Marion Barber was overused  
Big Blue '56 : 6/11/2019 7:53 am : link
that first half. He was totally spent the last two quarters
for me I accepted this win as our Super Bowl  
gtt350 : 6/11/2019 8:16 am : link
and was happy with it.
In my wildest dreams did I imagine what was to come
Garrett..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 6/11/2019 8:28 am : link
has still never learned from his mistakes in that game and other big ones. He establishes the run early and for some reason inexplicably goes away from it.

He did it then. He did it in the regular season game where they could have knocked us out of the playoffs. And he's done it in playoff losses.

It is one of the reasons I hope Jerrah backs the Brinks trunk up to Garrett and Dak.
RE: for me I accepted this win as our Super Bowl  
Big Blue '56 : 6/11/2019 8:31 am : link
In comment 14468984 gtt350 said:
Quote:
and was happy with it.
In my wildest dreams did I imagine what was to come


That win convinced me that we weren’t going to be beat again. Honest.
RE: Probably my favorite win ever  
mfsd : 6/11/2019 8:34 am : link
In comment 14468751 Ben in Tampa said:
Quote:
I HATED that 2007 Cowboys team


Me too. That Cowboys team was legit - perhaps their best in the past 15 years.

I honestly wouldn’t have minded had we gotten smoked in Green Bay the following week. Beating the Cowboys in Dallas, after Jerruh put their NFC championship game tickets in their lockers pregame. Legendary.
Best Playoff Run...EVER  
Rong5611 : 6/11/2019 8:56 am : link
Nuff said.
On the Toomer TD  
RobCrossRiver56 : 6/11/2019 9:32 am : link
"Roy Williams just fell down, but he's going to the Pro Bowl" by Bob Pappa

Best line ever!
Joe Buck  
NYG007 : 6/11/2019 10:50 am : link
so depressed as Toomer goes down the sideline to score. He is still a douchenozzel
Unsung Hero: Madison Hedgecock.  
Klaatu : 6/11/2019 11:26 am : link
Blocked two guys at once to spring Toomer for the first TD.
RE: Joe Buck  
mfsd : 6/11/2019 11:42 am : link
In comment 14469162 NYG007 said:
Quote:
so depressed as Toomer goes down the sideline to score. He is still a douchenozzel


My dislike of Joe Buck has waned over the years...generally I do think he tries to get it right.

But everyone in the media, him included, acted like a Cowboys win that day was the predetermined outcome, and the actual football game was merely filler. Right up until McQuarters pick, everyone assumed the Cowboys would pull it out.

Made the victory all the more sweeter. Because fuck the Cowboys for all eternity.
Thank god for Patrick Crayton  
Blue Dream : 6/11/2019 12:01 pm : link
Drops a pass with nothing but open field in front of him with 1:08 left in the third then on third down right before the McQuarters pick he quits on a route which could have been an easy TD. We got a little lucky in that game but hey we made our own breaks
RE: Thank god for Patrick Crayton  
Essex : 6/11/2019 12:19 pm : link
In comment 14469257 Blue Dream said:
Quote:
Drops a pass with nothing but open field in front of him with 1:08 left in the third then on third down right before the McQuarters pick he quits on a route which could have been an easy TD. We got a little lucky in that game but hey we made our own breaks


I always felt that that was the game we deserved to win the least in our run. Every other game (Tampa, GB, NE) I thought we were the better team in that we played better; in this game, the Cowboys were complicit in our success. As you mentioned Crayton just dropped some big balls and we really had a tough time containing Barber. But to go on the run we went on, you have to get lucky.
Has Any QB Not Named Eli Beaten #1 Seed  
clatterbuck : 6/11/2019 4:16 pm : link
twice en route to SB MVPs? That end-of-half drive in Dallas was one of the defining moments of Manning's career. He still doesn't get enough credit for his superb play the following week in zero-degree Green Bay. He smoked Aaron Rodgers and the 15-1 Packers in 2011 and then stood up to a brutal pounding to beat the Niners. All this on the road. And then XLII and XLVI. No matter what happens this year, if he never plays another down, this is HoF stuff.
RE: Garrett..  
.McL. : 6/11/2019 11:11 pm : link
In comment 14469002 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
has still never learned from his mistakes in that game and other big ones. He establishes the run early and for some reason inexplicably goes away from it.

He did it then. He did it in the regular season game where they could have knocked us out of the playoffs. And he's done it in playoff losses.

It is one of the reasons I hope Jerrah backs the Brinks trunk up to Garrett and Dak.

So, you know better than an NFL coach.
You know for sure when he makes mistakes.
Talk about smug arrogance.
What special insight or knowledge do you have to make a determination that you know better than 1 of only 32 men in the entire world.
You know for sure that had he stuck with Barber that Dallas would have won that game.

Especially since you already admitted on the other thread that you have no special insight, no special knowledge. You know so little that you wouldn't even answer my questions to you.

Lets bottom line this:
Have you ever been able to watch a game and determine if a particular player made a mistake. You refuse to answer because, either way you answered the question you lost. If you are able to determine a mistake, then other's can also, and you are just trolling. If you can't determine a mistake, then you are completely unqualified to ever offer an opinion. In which case you are only here to troll people. Either way, you are a troll.
While answering that question  
.McL. : 6/11/2019 11:13 pm : link
Do you know how to call plays better that Garrett?
Dallas' losing had far more to do with  
.McL. : 6/11/2019 11:20 pm : link
them missing opportunities. Dropping passes, especially Crayton's which he had a chance to take to the house. Also, some bad throws to open receivers.

And the Giants DL finally starting to impose themselves on the game. Some big sacks. And starting to control the LOS. It isn't clear to me in any way shape or form, that Barber was going to continue to have success.
RE: RE: Garrett..  
montanagiant : 6/12/2019 1:00 am : link
In comment 14470010 .McL. said:
Quote:
In comment 14469002 FatMan in Charlotte said:


Quote:


has still never learned from his mistakes in that game and other big ones. He establishes the run early and for some reason inexplicably goes away from it.

He did it then. He did it in the regular season game where they could have knocked us out of the playoffs. And he's done it in playoff losses.

It is one of the reasons I hope Jerrah backs the Brinks trunk up to Garrett and Dak.


So, you know better than an NFL coach.
You know for sure when he makes mistakes.
Talk about smug arrogance.
What special insight or knowledge do you have to make a determination that you know better than 1 of only 32 men in the entire world.
You know for sure that had he stuck with Barber that Dallas would have won that game.

Especially since you already admitted on the other thread that you have no special insight, no special knowledge. You know so little that you wouldn't even answer my questions to you.

Lets bottom line this:
Have you ever been able to watch a game and determine if a particular player made a mistake. You refuse to answer because, either way you answered the question you lost. If you are able to determine a mistake, then other's can also, and you are just trolling. If you can't determine a mistake, then you are completely unqualified to ever offer an opinion. In which case you are only here to troll people. Either way, you are a troll.

Have you ever watched this game?
That was exactly what Garrett did. He went away from his running game mid-3rd period and turned it into a pass fest on his part
RE: RE: RE: Garrett..  
.McL. : 6/12/2019 2:41 am : link
In comment 14470023 montanagiant said:
Quote:
In comment 14470010 .McL. said:


Quote:


In comment 14469002 FatMan in Charlotte said:


Quote:


has still never learned from his mistakes in that game and other big ones. He establishes the run early and for some reason inexplicably goes away from it.

He did it then. He did it in the regular season game where they could have knocked us out of the playoffs. And he's done it in playoff losses.

It is one of the reasons I hope Jerrah backs the Brinks trunk up to Garrett and Dak.


So, you know better than an NFL coach.
You know for sure when he makes mistakes.
Talk about smug arrogance.
What special insight or knowledge do you have to make a determination that you know better than 1 of only 32 men in the entire world.
You know for sure that had he stuck with Barber that Dallas would have won that game.

Especially since you already admitted on the other thread that you have no special insight, no special knowledge. You know so little that you wouldn't even answer my questions to you.

Lets bottom line this:
Have you ever been able to watch a game and determine if a particular player made a mistake. You refuse to answer because, either way you answered the question you lost. If you are able to determine a mistake, then other's can also, and you are just trolling. If you can't determine a mistake, then you are completely unqualified to ever offer an opinion. In which case you are only here to troll people. Either way, you are a troll.


Have you ever watched this game?
That was exactly what Garrett did. He went away from his running game mid-3rd period and turned it into a pass fest on his part

montana,
1. This is between FMiC and me...
2. Yes, I watch he game all the time. And no, he didn't exactly abandon the run. First some context in the game. Flozelle Adams had gotten hurt late in the 3rd, he stayed in but clearly wasn't himself after that. The Giants secondary was very depleted. After Ross went out with a dislocated shoulder, the Giants were force to play Geoff Pope at CB. And McQuarters was playing on a gimpy leg. The announcers were quite clear that the Giants were having coverage issues especially in the middle of the field. So it makes sense to try and take advantage of McQ and Pope. But they had too many dropped passes. Also, Dallas only had 1 timeout left, so time was a factor.

First play Dallas has in the 4th was a run to Barber for -1, Later in the drive, they rushed on 1st down, and only gained 2.
1st & 10 at DAL 13

(13:22 - 4th) Rush
2nd & 11 at DAL 12

(12:41 - 4th) Incomplete Pass
3rd & 11 at DAL 12

(12:36 - 4th) Pass Completion
1st & 10 at DAL 26

(11:53 - 4th) Incomplete Pass
2nd & 10 at DAL 26

(11:45 - 4th) Pass Completion
1st & 10 at DAL 42

(11:04 - 4th) Rush
2nd & 8 at DAL 44

(10:26 - 4th) Sack
3rd & 13 at DAL 39

(9:44 - 4th) Incomplete Pass
4th & 13 at DAL 39

That position 3 1st opportunities, 2 rushed +1 yard.
There was a sack, and on several of the incompletes, Romo was under heavy pressure. The Giant's D-Line was asserting itself.

Next posession:
1st play Rush 4 yards... Under 7 minutes to play, so time is becoming a factor. If they can't score, they want another opportunity. Next play is a Holding on the Giants, so a 1st down, but Romo got smacked hard. Big sack of Romo, but they get a big completion, and later an illegal hands to the face on the Giants and get the 1st down in the passing game. By this time there is only about 4 min left. Time is really a factor, and they are not in field goal range. So throwing is not unreasonable.

1st & 10 at DAL 44

(7:00 - 4th) Rush
2nd & 6 at DAL 48

(6:23 - 4th) Incomplete Pass
1st & 10 at NYG 47

(6:18 - 4th) Sack
2nd & 24 at DAL 39

(6:18 - 4th) Pass Completion
3rd & 4 at NYG 41

(6:18 - 4th) Pass Completion
3rd & 9 at NYG 46

(4:23 - 4th) Incomplete Pass
1st & 10 at NYG 41

(4:16 - 4th) Intentional Grounding
2nd & 20 at DAL 49

(4:09 - 4th) Incomplete Pass
3rd & 20 at DAL 49

(4:03 - 4th) TimeOut
3rd & 20 at DAL 49

(4:03 - 4th) Incomplete Pass
4th & 20 at DAL 49

Finally the last possession, after getting 9 on 1st, they try a rush and lose 1 yard. And didn't get it, and the clocked kept running, which later killed them...
1st & 10 at NYG 48

(1:50 - 4th) Pass Completion
2nd & 1 at NYG 39

(1:50 - 4th) Rush
3rd & 2 at NYG 40

(1:50 - 4th) Pass Completion

That was the last rush. But even with under 2 minutes they tried a rush. They just couldn't handle the Giants D-Line in the 4th. The Giants had stopped the rushing game, but were still vulnerable in the air.

To say Garrett just abandoned the rush is revisionist history, and not quite true. They just kept getting in 2nd and long, and had to be wary of the clock. As it was, if they had had more time to try to get another 1st down around the 10 instead of forcing it to the end zone, they may have won. Up until their last run they had 2nd and 11, 2nd and 8, 2nd and 6, 2nd and 24, 2nd and 20 and 2nd and 1. They picked up a 1st on the 2nd and 6 throwing it, they failed on 2nd and 1 running it. The rest were clear passing downs. The last 3 possessions Dallas had were mostly the Giants defense getting the stops when it was needed. Not about Dallas calling bad plays or abandoning the run.
The tickets  
shyster : 6/12/2019 6:07 am : link
Quote:
Several Giants players and team officials saw the ESPN report Sunday morning that said Cowboys owner Jerry Jones had already given each of his players two tickets for their friends and family for the NFC Championship Game.

"Yeah, we heard about that," said center Shaun O'Hara. "Feel free to send them over to the Meadowlands. We'll take them."

Added DE Justin Tuck: "My reaction was I was hoping they had a rebate program."

Of course, the game now will be played in Green Bay, where Jones' tickets will not be honored.




nydn - ( New Window )
Poor Jerry...  
BMac : 6/12/2019 7:05 am : link
...🤣🤣🤣
Sourpuss - ( New Window )
.  
mfsd : 6/12/2019 7:07 am : link
.  
Big Blue '56 : 6/12/2019 7:12 am : link
👍👍🏿👍👍🏿
LOL..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 6/12/2019 7:59 am : link
this is all that needed to be said:

Quote:
montana,
1. This is between FMiC and me..


Fucking pathetic. You could pick a lot of spots to try and act like I'm fabricating something. But the Cowboys were gashing us on the ground and the second half was a lot of low percentage passes. And it wasn't just this game. There was a trend in what he does in big games.

You probably should have picked a better thread to get picky. This one is just a bad look.
And I'm not..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 6/12/2019 8:01 am : link
sure you can tell the difference, but evaluating a NFL coach and the tendencies he has consistently shown is a hell of a lot different than evaluating a Center based on 2 games and acting as if you knew his assignments, the blocking schemes and the playcall.

Admit it - you just don't like being told you sound like a fucking idiot.
RE: That drive before halftime to tie it up @ 14 all  
mittenedman : 6/12/2019 8:03 am : link
In comment 14468747 SFGFNCGiantsFan said:
Quote:
Was huge. The only game that postseason where I thought the Giants were outplayed.


The 3rd down throw to Kevin Boss on the sideline was one of the greatest completions of Eli's career. Looked like a heat-seeking missile that passed through 3 DAL defenders. Unreal throw.
RE: And I'm not..  
.McL. : 6/12/2019 12:34 pm : link
In comment 14470102 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
sure you can tell the difference, but evaluating a NFL coach and the tendencies he has consistently shown is a hell of a lot different than evaluating a Center based on 2 games and acting as if you knew his assignments, the blocking schemes and the playcall.

Admit it - you just don't like being told you sound like a fucking idiot.

Wrong,
You are a dense arrogant idiot.
You know the state of his team, the state of the opponent and you can decide from watching a youtube video better than a the coach what was the correct strategy, which is a hell of a lot harder than deciding that a guy made clearly made some mistakes.

You didn't answer my questions.

Bottom line this:
1. Based on you claims it seems that, you have never been able to watch a play a determine that a player made a mistake. Correct?

2. Despite never being able to determine if a player has made a mistake, you have the hubris to believe you know better than a coach of an NFL football team what the best strategy he should have taken to win a specific game.

Face it, you are a hypocrite, a troll and a tool.
LOL..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 6/12/2019 12:42 pm : link
defensive much??

You are just pissed off you got called out for determining Halapio's skills when you don't have a fucking clue what the assignments, scheme or playcalls were.

If you can't see the difference between that and actual playcalls that were made by a coach, that led to defeats, not only in one playoff game, but several games subsequently, I don't know what to tell you. You are just pissed off and picking a shitty example to try and post a flag in.

I don't have the hubris to say I know better than an NFL coach. What I do have is an understanding that certain playcalls led to defeats. Just like in the Atlanta-NE Super Bowl.

What I do know is that Garrett has had a number of games where his teams have led at half while rushing effectively and lost the lead while having a more than 2:1 ratio of passes in the second half.

what I don't have is a crystal ball to tell me what assignments a OL player has or what the playcall was - and I hate to break it to you - you don't have it either.

Maybe you can find a gypsy and swap your fragile ego for one......
RE: LOL..  
.McL. : 6/12/2019 1:11 pm : link
In comment 14470451 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
defensive much??

You are just pissed off you got called out for determining Halapio's skills when you don't have a fucking clue what the assignments, scheme or playcalls were.

If you can't see the difference between that and actual playcalls that were made by a coach, that led to defeats, not only in one playoff game, but several games subsequently, I don't know what to tell you. You are just pissed off and picking a shitty example to try and post a flag in.

I don't have the hubris to say I know better than an NFL coach. What I do have is an understanding that certain playcalls led to defeats. Just like in the Atlanta-NE Super Bowl.

What I do know is that Garrett has had a number of games where his teams have led at half while rushing effectively and lost the lead while having a more than 2:1 ratio of passes in the second half.

what I don't have is a crystal ball to tell me what assignments a OL player has or what the playcall was - and I hate to break it to you - you don't have it either.

Maybe you can find a gypsy and swap your fragile ego for one......

As I pointed out, Garrett did try to run, but the Giants were stuffing it. It's easy to sit back in your chair, watch a video after the the fact and say he should have run the ball more. But face it you don't know crap about what was going on in that game with the players, the defensive strategies being employed. Besides, you are talking about a coach that has had a strong tendency towards running the ball with Barber, Murray and Elliot over the years. Such a strong tendency, that you can always cherry pick some games where it seemed like he got away from it. But again, you don't know the details of what was happening game time to make theat determination.

Plus you are not answering my questions, you are sidestepping them because you know if you do, you will reveal yourself to be the troll that you are.

And finally I am not upset one bit about you supposedly "calling me out". I stand by what I said in that thread. What I am doing is exposing you for the troll that you are.

YOu believe you are the BBI Police, Judge, Jury and Executioner. When all you really are is a pathetic troll. I think there a ton of people here who would agree with me.
Let me also add that Garrett  
.McL. : 6/12/2019 1:16 pm : link
Is not some loser of a coach.

He has a career .566 winning percentage.

Coughlin who we all believe belongs in the HOF has only a .531 winning percentage.

Parcells has a .569 winning percentage.

So, you are telling me you know better than a seasoned NFL coach who has a lifetime winning percentage on a par or even better than Hall of Fame coaches. That is just a mind boggling level of completely unjustifiable hubris.

Admit it, you are a hypocrite, and a pathetic internet troll.
One thing to mention between the first half and the second was  
RobCrossRiver56 : 6/12/2019 1:17 pm : link
When Dallas scored in the second qtr, it was a 20 play scoring drive. NY Giant coaches would later say that the Cowboys showed most of their play book on that drive and after that none of the plays in the second half really surprised them.

McL  
RobCrossRiver56 : 6/12/2019 1:20 pm : link
you should not directly attack posters as such, this site is not for that. If you disagree, say so and move on.
Jesus..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 6/12/2019 1:26 pm : link
Quote:
As I pointed out, Garrett did try to run, but the Giants were stuffing it


Really? A 4 rush to 16 pass ratio is trying to run? And again it isn't just that one game. It isn't hubris to point that out. It isn't hubris to say flipping the ratio of run to pass in the halves contributed to losses.

If posters like you call me a troll, I really don't give a fuck because it is borne out of getting criticized. And there isn't much action pettier than ripping into a post for the sole reason that one of yours was criticized last week. And you picked a really shitty example to argue.

You also miss the distinction between criticizing a strategy that failed and making evaluations of players without knowing the assignments and playcalls. Strategic dissection happens weekly. Monday Morning QB'ing. Watching tape of a guy without having a fucking clue about what he's supposed to do and then making judgements about his mental acuity and prospect as a NFL player should only be done by experts

Not a fucking moron.
RE: Jesus..  
.McL. : 6/12/2019 1:40 pm : link
In comment 14470505 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:


Quote:


As I pointed out, Garrett did try to run, but the Giants were stuffing it



Really? A 4 rush to 16 pass ratio is trying to run? And again it isn't just that one game. It isn't hubris to point that out. It isn't hubris to say flipping the ratio of run to pass in the halves contributed to losses.

If posters like you call me a troll, I really don't give a fuck because it is borne out of getting criticized. And there isn't much action pettier than ripping into a post for the sole reason that one of yours was criticized last week. And you picked a really shitty example to argue.

You also miss the distinction between criticizing a strategy that failed and making evaluations of players without knowing the assignments and playcalls. Strategic dissection happens weekly. Monday Morning QB'ing. Watching tape of a guy without having a fucking clue about what he's supposed to do and then making judgements about his mental acuity and prospect as a NFL player should only be done by experts

Not a fucking moron.

Again you are a pathetic troll.

And I will point out the thread where you criticized me, you were run off it because a whole bunch of posters decided you were trolling. So like the coward you are you ran away from it.

And no, I picked a perfect example. You think you know better what was happening in this specific game, and what was a better strategy. Without understand at all what the Giants were doing on defense, what the state of the players and injuries were. You point out 16 to 4... But that wasn't the whole story, the previous 2 times they tried to run with Barber he was stuffed as well. The Giants had changed their defensive strategy. The Giants were run blitzing, and stuffing it. They were daring Dalls to throw. Aikman were quite clear on how the "middle of the field was open", and that the Giants were "struggling to cover their skill position players." It was clear from Aikman's comments that he believed that it was the correct to be throwing the ball at that point. What's more is that they were behind, they needed more than a field goal, they had only 1 time out, and time was a factor. There were a whole bunch of things going on in that game that you are just ignoring and concluding that the coach was a idiot for going away from the run.

We all know who the idiot really is.

Again, you
Answer my questions  
.McL. : 6/12/2019 1:43 pm : link
1. You have never watched a game and been able to determine that a specific player made a mistake. Correct?

2. You think you can watch the tape of a game, and without know the specific strategies employed by the other team. The state of players and injuries, that you can make a better decision on what the right strategy was to win that game.

By all means, please answer!
RE: Answer my questions  
mfsd : 6/12/2019 1:55 pm : link
In comment 14470523 .McL. said:
Quote:
1. You have never watched a game and been able to determine that a specific player made a mistake. Correct?

2. You think you can watch the tape of a game, and without know the specific strategies employed by the other team. The state of players and injuries, that you can make a better decision on what the right strategy was to win that game.

By all means, please answer!


I don’t know the prior history between you guys, but you’re acting like a baby on this thread. You should really step away and chill out.

You have every right to your opinions about football, and every right not to like FMICs style, but your obsession with him has ruined what was otherwise an enjoyable offseason thread here.
RE: RE: Answer my questions  
.McL. : 6/12/2019 2:06 pm : link
In comment 14470529 mfsd said:
Quote:
In comment 14470523 .McL. said:


Quote:


1. You have never watched a game and been able to determine that a specific player made a mistake. Correct?

2. You think you can watch the tape of a game, and without know the specific strategies employed by the other team. The state of players and injuries, that you can make a better decision on what the right strategy was to win that game.

By all means, please answer!



I don’t know the prior history between you guys, but you’re acting like a baby on this thread. You should really step away and chill out.

You have every right to your opinions about football, and every right not to like FMICs style, but your obsession with him has ruined what was otherwise an enjoyable offseason thread here.

You are right. I have millered this thread. Nothing that FMiC hasn't done to 1000s of thread.

But, My apologies.

I will give it a rest on this thread.
RE: Steve Smith  
Bleedin Blue : 6/12/2019 10:29 pm : link
In comment 14468775 Marty866b said:
Quote:
Had such a short career you sometimes forget how good he was for us.


Smith was money! Always found a way to get the first down!
I loved how Madison  
Bleedin Blue : 6/12/2019 10:33 pm : link
Was out for the game, but was schooling the Defensive Backfield every time they came off! I hope Bethea takes on that role as the vet leader amongst the DB’s
Even if they lost the following week  
mrvax : 6/13/2019 12:28 am : link
I'd consider the season a big win.
Vax, I hear ya,  
Big Blue '56 : 6/13/2019 5:49 am : link
but at THAT point, I would have been very disappointed, even po’d, with anything less than getting to and winning the SB.
RE: I loved how Madison  
Mike in NY : 6/13/2019 6:08 am : link
In comment 14470827 Bleedin Blue said:
Quote:
Was out for the game, but was schooling the Defensive Backfield every time they came off! I hope Bethea takes on that role as the vet leader amongst the DB’s


I hope so too, but the FS depth behind him is scary unless we get in a situation where Jackrabbit, Baker, Haley, Beal, and Love all look like they should be getting major snaps on D and the only way to make that work is to move one to FS
Back to the Corner