Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

NFT: State of the Knicks (after Durant)

Tony in Berlin : 6/11/2019 5:23 am
IMO the Durant injury not only kills any chance the Knicks will (or should) sign him, it also kills the potential Davis trade - which I am completely opposed to anyway. I think it would be foolish to give away all those players and picks for Davis, especially when he will not be paired with Durant. I'd rather keep the picks, draft Barrett or Morant (if available). And save at least one or two max slots for next season.

How would a Davis led team look like:
Davis, Irving (maybe) and little else. No Barrett, no Knox, no Mitchell Robinson, no Smith, no picks. That will get us to the playoffs but little else.

I'd rather see the young players develop and sign a top FA when and if available.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 <<Prev | Show All |
Signing Durant  
Dave on the UWS : 6/11/2019 1:32 pm : link
and ďhopingĒ he comes back as a max type player is the same dumb shit thatís been going on with the Knicks for 20 yrs. Itís a panic move. They need patience. Guys line Knox, Robinson and Barrett (assuming heís the pick) are so young thereís no way to know what their ceilings are. For all we know, they could have 2 stars already that need to be developed. Hopefully they look at it that way. Take on short term contracts to acquire more assets, then when the right deal comes along they can jump on it. What has killed them is signing B level players to A level contracts. Sadly, KD just became a B level player.
RE: Signing Durant  
nygiants16 : 6/11/2019 1:34 pm : link
In comment 14469400 Dave on the UWS said:
Quote:
and ďhopingĒ he comes back as a max type player is the same dumb shit thatís been going on with the Knicks for 20 yrs. Itís a panic move. They need patience. Guys line Knox, Robinson and Barrett (assuming heís the pick) are so young thereís no way to know what their ceilings are. For all we know, they could have 2 stars already that need to be developed. Hopefully they look at it that way. Take on short term contracts to acquire more assets, then when the right deal comes along they can jump on it. What has killed them is signing B level players to A level contracts. Sadly, KD just became a B level player.


How does signing Durant effect guus development?

you sign him to 4 yeara you get to oversee his entire rehab for a year and you have a star player on your roster to go recruit
Even if KD only returns to 85%  
Strahan91 : 6/11/2019 1:35 pm : link
of the player he was prior to the injury, that would still make him a top ~15 player in the league.
RE: A scenario making its rounds..  
jestersdead : 6/11/2019 1:41 pm : link
In comment 14469339 Pete44 said:
Quote:
This scenario is now making its rounds, that the Knicks will still try to sign Durant, not use their other max slot on a free agent, draft Barrett and take another year of player development. They could have 2 high picks in the following draft, which is deeper for trades and etc.

I think we are in for another year of "player development."

I'm actually fine with this scenario.


If fans were ok with the idea of KP sitting out the year for ACL recovery, everyone should be on board with this plan as well.

If KD opts out, sign him long term and let the young kids play and then add another FA and top 10 pick in summer of 2020 plus a healthy KD
.  
Anakim : 6/11/2019 1:45 pm : link
NBA Central
@TheNBACentral

The Atlanta Hawks have been exploring possibilities to trade up to draft Jarrett Culver, per
@SInow



Remember there was that blurb about the Knicks trading down with the Hawks...And now the Hawks have three first rounders.
How about KD taking up cap space on GSW and then sign with the Knicks  
Jim in Hoboken : 6/11/2019 1:46 pm : link
next year? Letís take on all the bad contracts for picks.

As long as this doesnít push Klay into Lakersí lap.
RE: RE: So the Knicks are going to pay KD 38 million to rehab from achilles?  
Heisenberg : 6/11/2019 1:46 pm : link
In comment 14469396 TyreeHelmet said:
Quote:
In comment 14469368 Heisenberg said:


Quote:


I do not think that will happen at all



Youíre doing that to get him for the other 3 years. If Iím the Knicks I do this without hesitation. Whatís the alternative?


The alternative is not paying him 38 million dollars. Let the Warriors pay him. I mean, paying him 160M dollars knowing that you will at best get 3 years of unknown ability from him is pretty risky. I mean, it's James Dolan's money so I don't really care, but that's a lot to ask a business to do.
I was actually watching the Duke/Texas Tech replay last night  
Anakim : 6/11/2019 1:46 pm : link
And my God, did RJ Barrett and Cam Reddish completely suck. They were horrible all game. Culver completely outplayed Barrett.
RE: Kawhi  
Doubledeuce22 : 6/11/2019 1:52 pm : link
In comment 14469263 TyreeHelmet said:
Quote:
This Leonard talk is laughable. Why is he coming to the Knicks- the worst team in the league? And please spare me the uncle talk- he has zero ties to the knicks. And same applies for Thompson- zero chance heís coming to the Knicks.

I would still sign Durant even with the torn Achilles. To me the risk outweighs the rewards to get him for 3 years even if he ďredshirtsĒ his first year rehabbing. Still use the remaining cap space to sign Kemba or multiple good players.

What this really changes is the AD trade. I would be very worried emptying the cupboard and having him walk at the end of the year because Durant is our for next year. And I am not high on the Knicks young players.


Not laughable at all. The Knicks will be getting a sit down with Leonard and he could be persuaded to sign here.

I'm avoiding KD like  
Enzo : 6/11/2019 1:55 pm : link
the plague at this point. Let someone else pay all that money for 2-3 years of uncertainty. You can still try for the miracle Kawhi/Davis combo, but outside of that they should be careful with their money. I could maybe be talked into Tobias Harris since he's still in his prime and/or making a play for Russell if the Nets go with Kyrie and others, but I only want youngish free agent types. Avoid Butler and the like.
RE: RE: So the Knicks are going to pay KD 38 million to rehab from achilles?  
Enzo : 6/11/2019 1:56 pm : link
In comment 14469396 TyreeHelmet said:
Quote:
In comment 14469368 Heisenberg said:


Quote:


I do not think that will happen at all



Youíre doing that to get him for the other 3 years. If Iím the Knicks I do this without hesitation. Whatís the alternative?

if he's not the same guy you've just killed your cap for 3-4 years. Ask the Wizards how they're feeling these days about their cap situation.
RE: Signing Durant  
TyreeHelmet : 6/11/2019 2:05 pm : link
In comment 14469400 Dave on the UWS said:
Quote:
and ďhopingĒ he comes back as a max type player is the same dumb shit thatís been going on with the Knicks for 20 yrs. Itís a panic move. They need patience. Guys line Knox, Robinson and Barrett (assuming heís the pick) are so young thereís no way to know what their ceilings are. For all we know, they could have 2 stars already that need to be developed. Hopefully they look at it that way. Take on short term contracts to acquire more assets, then when the right deal comes along they can jump on it. What has killed them is signing B level players to A level contracts. Sadly, KD just became a B level player.


Even with this injury ( if it is that) you really think Kevin Durant is a b level player? Have fun being patient waiting for Knox to not be bad let alone good. I'll roll the dice on a top 20 player of all time. This isn't an all star level player we are talking about, its Kevin Durant.

I get that its a bad injury, but he's still only 30 and he can recover from it as other players have. Even if he's only 80-85% of what he was, sign me up for 3 years of that.
Adfter seeing what happened to KD  
xman : 6/11/2019 2:38 pm : link
AD might change his thinking about waiting another year before signing a long term contract
There are NBA teams even the Knicks stupid enough  
arniefez : 6/11/2019 2:39 pm : link
to trade for Davis without signing him long term? Come on not even the Knicks are that dumb.
RE: RE: A scenario making its rounds..  
larryflower37 : 6/11/2019 2:47 pm : link
In comment 14469347 Jon in NYC said:
Quote:
In comment 14469339 Pete44 said:


Quote:


This scenario is now making its rounds, that the Knicks will still try to sign Durant, not use their other max slot on a free agent, draft Barrett and take another year of player development. They could have 2 high picks in the following draft, which is deeper for trades and etc.

I think we are in for another year of "player development."

I'm actually fine with this scenario.



I also don't hate this. Maybe they still try to get Kawhi, but if they can't, stay flexible and go for it again in 2021 with a mostly healed Durant and room for another max (AD being the obvious target).


This scenario go get kamba, sign DeAndre Jordan on a small or 1 year deal.move DSJ or Frank and let the Barrett, Mitch and Knox work with a solid PG.
It's worth the risk vs. sign the garage left out there.
Kerr and Myers weeping  
Vanzetti : 6/11/2019 2:53 pm : link
After putting in a guy who should never have been in. With Durant's history of foot and lower leg problems, he should have been out for the season.

Kevin was stupid to give in to the pressure. May yery well have cost himself 200 million. Cuz despite all their weeping Warriors ain't giving him s--t.

Only way Durant should have gone back is if they gave him an extension




If you are the Knicks  
Vanzetti : 6/11/2019 3:02 pm : link
you have to face that your plan got destroyed by fortune, fate, bad luck--whatever you want to call it.

Of course,you try and lure Kawhi and Davis but you also move on to a different plan if they do not come, which is highly likely.


That plan has to be to continue the rebuild with young players. The huge mistake would be to do what Donnie did after missing out on Lebron and sign guys who make you a 40-45 win team


I still can't believe this happened...  
Chris684 : 6/11/2019 3:05 pm : link
We made it to game 5 of the NBA Finals in the entire NBA season before the one guy we needed to stay healthy suffered an injury that will keep him out of 2019-20.

It's incredible.
RE: I still can't believe this happened...  
bceagle05 : 6/11/2019 3:11 pm : link
In comment 14469564 Chris684 said:
Quote:
We made it to game 5 of the NBA Finals in the entire NBA season before the one guy we needed to stay healthy suffered an injury that will keep him out of 2019-20.

It's incredible.

I still canít believe it. The thought of him tearing his Achilles crossed my mind before the game, but I couldnít fathom the Knicksí luck being THAT bad. I should know better by now. We can try to spin it positively, but this most likely ruins the Knicks for a few more years, at least.
RE: RE: RE: anyone else think  
djm : 6/11/2019 3:37 pm : link
In comment 14469388 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
In comment 14469361 djm said:


Quote:


In comment 14468999 nygiants16 said:


Quote:


Bob Meyers crying was fake as hell last noght? He knew damn well the warriors pushed kd to play and now he is going to sit there and cry because he got hurt?

I thinknit was all bullshit



Youíre the second person to speculate on this. No, I think you and WFANís Gio are both reaching.



every person on the tv has speculated this..


Yes I saw this too after I posted my thoughts... so ummm.... yeah, all of you are crazy?
maybe but one thing he said that caight me off guard  
nygiants16 : 6/11/2019 3:43 pm : link
he was asked if he thought the calf muscle could effect the achilles and he basically said something like i dont know if they are connected..like really?
RE: I still can't believe this happened...  
djm : 6/11/2019 3:45 pm : link
In comment 14469564 Chris684 said:
Quote:
We made it to game 5 of the NBA Finals in the entire NBA season before the one guy we needed to stay healthy suffered an injury that will keep him out of 2019-20.

It's incredible.


It beats him getting hurt 6-7-8-9 months from now.

Cheer up. Could be worse.
RE: maybe but one thing he said that caight me off guard  
djm : 6/11/2019 3:46 pm : link
In comment 14469620 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
he was asked if he thought the calf muscle could effect the achilles and he basically said something like i dont know if they are connected..like really?


I didnít really mean to say youíre crazy. Was only kidding. I do think itís a cynical stretch to believe that he was faking it.
RE: RE: maybe but one thing he said that caight me off guard  
nygiants16 : 6/11/2019 3:49 pm : link
In comment 14469626 djm said:
Quote:
In comment 14469620 nygiants16 said:


Quote:


he was asked if he thought the calf muscle could effect the achilles and he basically said something like i dont know if they are connected..like really?



I didnít really mean to say youíre crazy. Was only kidding. I do think itís a cynical stretch to believe that he was faking it.


no worries my wife calls me crazy to about sports
screw it  
nygiants16 : 6/11/2019 3:55 pm : link
roll with the young guys, sign some 1 year vets to fill out the roster and see what we got..
RE: The Knicks are not  
81_Great_Dane : 6/11/2019 3:56 pm : link
In comment 14468980 Stu11 said:
Quote:
they didn't clear 2 max slots out to have Kevin Knox play 35 minutes a night again. Like it or not they are going to turn over every stone to get 2 stars here.
That may have been the plan, but it's not the only option. They could use their cap space to take bad expiring contracts to accrue yet more draft picks. Do they have the patience to take that "trust the process" approach? Hope so. But probably not.
RE: I was actually watching the Duke/Texas Tech replay last night  
Stu11 : 6/11/2019 4:03 pm : link
In comment 14469436 Anakim said:
Quote:
And my God, did RJ Barrett and Cam Reddish completely suck. They were horrible all game. Culver completely outplayed Barrett.

We get it you hate Barrett. Did you happen to catch the Michigan St. Hame in the elite 8? Or the Central Florida game. Or maybe the Louisville game where he put them on his back and badically won the game singlehandedly?
Lance Thomas will be our starting PF next season, won't he?  
bceagle05 : 6/11/2019 4:08 pm : link
Dude's gonna break the franchise record for games played in a Knicks uniform.
RE: The Knicks are not  
widmerseyebrow : 6/11/2019 4:12 pm : link
In comment 14468980 Stu11 said:
Quote:
they didn't clear 2 max slots out to have Kevin Knox play 35 minutes a night again. Like it or not they are going to turn over every stone to get 2 stars here.


Yep. And then all the hope that Perry is a new era of Knicks exec will evaporate. Can I bet on all of this somewhere?
I said this the other day  
arniefez : 6/11/2019 4:14 pm : link
the best thing and probably the only thing the Knicks can do is find a way to build their own close to 50 win team. Then maybe top tier players will be willing to give Dolan's money a try. NBA players can get as much or more money, including endorsement money, in lots of other places.

I never believed a healthy Durant was coming to the Knicks. I don't believe any of the tier one NBA FA's will play for Jim Dolan with his track record. Only tier 2 guys like Amare with no other choice or Anthony who could care less about winning.

Chris Broussard was on with Joe and Evan today. He said something interesting. Paraphrasing Fizdale & Perry are respected in the NBA. Mills has a lot of relationships in the NBA - purposely did not say he was respected. But the owner is an issue.

Brossard said there is not trust among the players about Dolan. He said the players are much more sophisticated about the business than they used to be and many have followed Lebron's lead.

He said there is not trust among the players that the front office and coach will be allowed to work without interference.

He talked about the difference in player perception of Ballmer and Dolan.

The odds are that as long as Jim Dolan is alive this is what the Knicks will be. The NBA isn't the NFL where everyone even gets a turn eventually.
Davis trade  
gmenatlarge : 6/11/2019 4:19 pm : link
would be totally foolish at this point, giving away picks and cap space when you could sign a FA and ADD to your team. Besides AD, while very good just doesnít have 5he impact 8n todayís game that a Kawhi, Klay has on the game, you gotta be able to shoot the three!
RE: RE: I was actually watching the Duke/Texas Tech replay last night  
Anakim : 6/11/2019 4:19 pm : link
In comment 14469653 Stu11 said:
Quote:
In comment 14469436 Anakim said:


Quote:


And my God, did RJ Barrett and Cam Reddish completely suck. They were horrible all game. Culver completely outplayed Barrett.


We get it you hate Barrett. Did you happen to catch the Michigan St. Hame in the elite 8? Or the Central Florida game. Or maybe the Louisville game where he put them on his back and badically won the game singlehandedly?


I don't hate Barrett. I'm just very wary of him.
RE: RE: I was actually watching the Duke/Texas Tech replay last night  
Greg from LI : 6/11/2019 4:22 pm : link
In comment 14469653 Stu11 said:
Quote:
Did you happen to catch the Michigan St. Hame in the elite 8? Or the Central Florida game.


7-17 and 6-15. Whoop-dee-damn-do.
RE: I said this the other day  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 6/11/2019 4:23 pm : link
In comment 14469677 arniefez said:
Quote:
the best thing and probably the only thing the Knicks can do is find a way to build their own close to 50 win team. Then maybe top tier players will be willing to give Dolan's money a try. NBA players can get as much or more money, including endorsement money, in lots of other places.

I never believed a healthy Durant was coming to the Knicks. I don't believe any of the tier one NBA FA's will play for Jim Dolan with his track record. Only tier 2 guys like Amare with no other choice or Anthony who could care less about winning.

Chris Broussard was on with Joe and Evan today. He said something interesting. Paraphrasing Fizdale & Perry are respected in the NBA. Mills has a lot of relationships in the NBA - purposely did not say he was respected. But the owner is an issue.

Brossard said there is not trust among the players about Dolan. He said the players are much more sophisticated about the business than they used to be and many have followed Lebron's lead.

He said there is not trust among the players that the front office and coach will be allowed to work without interference.

He talked about the difference in player perception of Ballmer and Dolan.

The odds are that as long as Jim Dolan is alive this is what the Knicks will be. The NBA isn't the NFL where everyone even gets a turn eventually.


The Dolan complaints are as hollow as they are stupid. Even SAS said Dolan isn't making any decisions with the on court product and hasn't for a long time. Jeez, the Melo trade was 8 and a half years ago. Bitching about Dolan is an excuse. If they ever were able to draft a truly elite player(s), guys would come here. The absolute truth is no one goes anywhere by themselves.
RE: I said this the other day  
Strahan91 : 6/11/2019 4:38 pm : link
In comment 14469677 arniefez said:
Quote:
the best thing and probably the only thing the Knicks can do is find a way to build their own close to 50 win team. Then maybe top tier players will be willing to give Dolan's money a try. NBA players can get as much or more money, including endorsement money, in lots of other places.

I never believed a healthy Durant was coming to the Knicks. I don't believe any of the tier one NBA FA's will play for Jim Dolan with his track record. Only tier 2 guys like Amare with no other choice or Anthony who could care less about winning.

Chris Broussard was on with Joe and Evan today. He said something interesting. Paraphrasing Fizdale & Perry are respected in the NBA. Mills has a lot of relationships in the NBA - purposely did not say he was respected. But the owner is an issue.

Brossard said there is not trust among the players about Dolan. He said the players are much more sophisticated about the business than they used to be and many have followed Lebron's lead.

He said there is not trust among the players that the front office and coach will be allowed to work without interference.

He talked about the difference in player perception of Ballmer and Dolan.

The odds are that as long as Jim Dolan is alive this is what the Knicks will be. The NBA isn't the NFL where everyone even gets a turn eventually.

Amare had plenty of options in 2010. There's some serious revisionist history with Amare. He was one of the top FA's that year and much of the league had a ton of cap space and settled on lesser players. He was coming off a 2nd team all NBA selection. The risk with Amare was his health which turned out to kill his career but saying he had no other options is completely false.

Chris Broussard knows nothing. He hasn't gotten a scoop in years. There's a reason ESPN let him go. Kevin Durant publicly called him a liar about two weeks ago.
as I remember it  
Enzo : 6/11/2019 4:46 pm : link
Amare's next stop on his free agent tour that summer was Chicago. Once the Knicks gave him the full 5 year max, he wasn't going anywhere else. The Suns only offered him 3 guaranteed years and no other offers were leaked out....IIRC.
The stuff about Dolan is nonsense  
Vanzetti : 6/11/2019 4:53 pm : link
Dolan's biggest problem is he tries to throw money at every problem instead of taking the time to rebuild.

I have never heard one player state that he would not play for the knicks because of Dolan. This is largely media and fans projecting their own feelings onto players.

I seriously doubt any player is thinking no way am I going to an owner who signed Houston to a ridiculous contract or hired Isiaih as GM. Players will come if they perceive the Knicks as a team on the rise--they don't care about Dolan or what he did in 2003. Lebron went back to Clev after the owner denounced him and tore down his mural.

RE: as I remember it  
Vanzetti : 6/11/2019 4:57 pm : link
In comment 14469717 Enzo said:
Quote:
Amare's next stop on his free agent tour that summer was Chicago. Once the Knicks gave him the full 5 year max, he wasn't going anywhere else. The Suns only offered him 3 guaranteed years and no other offers were leaked out....IIRC.


Amare was clearly a face-saving gesture by the Knicks. He was a good player but not a guy at his age and with his injury history that you build a team around.
RE: I still can't believe this happened...  
Mike from SI : 6/11/2019 4:59 pm : link
In comment 14469564 Chris684 said:
Quote:
We made it to game 5 of the NBA Finals in the entire NBA season before the one guy we needed to stay healthy suffered an injury that will keep him out of 2019-20.

It's incredible.


It's very on brand for this franchize.
RE: The stuff about Dolan is nonsense  
TyreeHelmet : 6/11/2019 5:12 pm : link
In comment 14469728 Vanzetti said:
Quote:
Dolan's biggest problem is he tries to throw money at every problem instead of taking the time to rebuild.

I have never heard one player state that he would not play for the knicks because of Dolan. This is largely media and fans projecting their own feelings onto players.

I seriously doubt any player is thinking no way am I going to an owner who signed Houston to a ridiculous contract or hired Isiaih as GM. Players will come if they perceive the Knicks as a team on the rise--they don't care about Dolan or what he did in 2003. Lebron went back to Clev after the owner denounced him and tore down his mural.


Well said. Iím sick of hearing this argument as well. Do you think Durant went to the warriors because of Joe Lacob. I highly doubt steve ballmer is going to be this big lure....
RE: RE: RE: I was actually watching the Duke/Texas Tech replay last night  
Stu11 : 6/11/2019 5:22 pm : link
In comment 14469685 Anakim said:
Quote:
In comment 14469653 Stu11 said:


Quote:


In comment 14469436 Anakim said:


Quote:


And my God, did RJ Barrett and Cam Reddish completely suck. They were horrible all game. Culver completely outplayed Barrett.


We get it you hate Barrett. Did you happen to catch the Michigan St. Hame in the elite 8? Or the Central Florida game. Or maybe the Louisville game where he put them on his back and badically won the game singlehandedly?



I don't hate Barrett. I'm just very wary of him.

Yea only literally every word you have typed about him is negative. About 5 "I think he's just a volume scorer someone tell me different" And yes Greg we get it you hate Duke. I'm a Terp I fucking despise Duke, but the guy can play. 22 7 and 4.5 is pretty godamn good especially playing on an elite college team with other options. Is he a sure thing? No but he defiantely has a high ceiling. And if shooting % is so big I'm sure you were shitting all over Kawhi and hid 16-39 after game 7 vs the sixers...
Other options? What other options?  
Greg from LI : 6/11/2019 5:24 pm : link
Reddish was terrible for most of the year and Zion missed how many games? Outside of those three, Duke had jack shit.
Listen to Dr.Chao  
Giantz_comeback : 6/11/2019 5:44 pm : link


This is a devastating injury for a basketball player, but Durant can return to be the same or very close. This does not mark his downfall as an elite player.

Many would point to Bryant, who was still good but not the same player after his Achilles. But it is significant to remember Bryant was older (34) when he tore his Achilles, and six games into his return had a season-ending knee injury, which complicated matters. Look at high-flying Dominique Wilkins, who returned about nine months from his complete Achilles tear and was the same player.

I am not a contractual expert, but it seems to me that with Durantís supreme talent a team would still make him a max offer. Or he could choose to exercise his player option to stay. The landscape of the league is changed with this, but it might actually extend Durantís tenure with the Warriors.

I wish Durant the best of luck in his recovery. Letís salute his effort to try to help his team.
RE: RE: The stuff about Dolan is nonsense  
trueblueinpw : 6/11/2019 6:42 pm : link
In comment 14469744 TyreeHelmet said:
Quote:
In comment 14469728 Vanzetti said:


Quote:


Dolan's biggest problem is he tries to throw money at every problem instead of taking the time to rebuild.

I have never heard one player state that he would not play for the knicks because of Dolan. This is largely media and fans projecting their own feelings onto players.

I seriously doubt any player is thinking no way am I going to an owner who signed Houston to a ridiculous contract or hired Isiaih as GM. Players will come if they perceive the Knicks as a team on the rise--they don't care about Dolan or what he did in 2003. Lebron went back to Clev after the owner denounced him and tore down his mural.




Well said. Iím sick of hearing this argument as well. Do you think Durant went to the warriors because of Joe Lacob. I highly doubt steve ballmer is going to be this big lure....


Dolanís biggest problem isnít that he throws money at problems. His biggest problem is that he has the wrong people around him at the leadership level. (And yes, free agent follow the money). Believe me, the guy is a huge part of why the Knicks blow. Dolan doesnít have any character so he canít really judge it. Same issue with intelligence. Dolan wants to win, all owners do, heís just too dumb and too emotionally juvenile to get on the proper course. If the Knicks ever win a championship (and for fifty years now, none is really in sight) it will be despite JD.
if a bunch of Warriors  
santacruzom : 6/11/2019 8:01 pm : link
wind up leaving the team at their first opportunity, you'll have some actual, concrete evidence that Myers was insincere, or the team neglected to consider Durant's health for their own selfish reasons.

Every meaningful player on the team (actually, probably every player) is very close with the front office and coaching staff. I find it hard to believe they'd remain so if they observed what so many of you think happened despite having no evidence to support it.
RE: if a bunch of Warriors  
Strahan91 : 6/11/2019 8:05 pm : link
In comment 14469881 santacruzom said:
Quote:
wind up leaving the team at their first opportunity, you'll have some actual, concrete evidence that Myers was insincere, or the team neglected to consider Durant's health for their own selfish reasons.

Every meaningful player on the team (actually, probably every player) is very close with the front office and coaching staff. I find it hard to believe they'd remain so if they observed what so many of you think happened despite having no evidence to support it.

Eh, you could be right but did that happen in SA? It seems likely that KD feels he was given poor information to get him to play in last night's game while risking his future health. Otherwise, why did he fly to NY directly after to get checked out by independent doctors?
RE: Davis trade  
Ten Ton Hammer : 6/11/2019 8:29 pm : link
In comment 14469684 gmenatlarge said:
Quote:
would be totally foolish at this point, giving away picks and cap space when you could sign a FA and ADD to your team. Besides AD, while very good just doesnít have 5he impact 8n todayís game that a Kawhi, Klay has on the game, you gotta be able to shoot the three!


He's a three time All-NBA first teamer. That doesn't hold water.
RE: RE: if a bunch of Warriors  
santacruzom : 6/12/2019 1:26 am : link
In comment 14469884 Strahan91 said:
Quote:
In comment 14469881 santacruzom said:


Quote:


wind up leaving the team at their first opportunity, you'll have some actual, concrete evidence that Myers was insincere, or the team neglected to consider Durant's health for their own selfish reasons.

Every meaningful player on the team (actually, probably every player) is very close with the front office and coaching staff. I find it hard to believe they'd remain so if they observed what so many of you think happened despite having no evidence to support it.


Eh, you could be right but did that happen in SA? It seems likely that KD feels he was given poor information to get him to play in last night's game while risking his future health. Otherwise, why did he fly to NY directly after to get checked out by independent doctors?


My guess is because in his condition, being in plane for 90 minutes is far more appealing than 6 hours.
RE: Listen to Dr.Chao  
GiantGrit : 6/12/2019 6:35 am : link
In comment 14469759 Giantz_comeback said:
Quote:


This is a devastating injury for a basketball player, but Durant can return to be the same or very close. This does not mark his downfall as an elite player.

Many would point to Bryant, who was still good but not the same player after his Achilles. But it is significant to remember Bryant was older (34) when he tore his Achilles, and six games into his return had a season-ending knee injury, which complicated matters. Look at high-flying Dominique Wilkins, who returned about nine months from his complete Achilles tear and was the same player.

I am not a contractual expert, but it seems to me that with Durantís supreme talent a team would still make him a max offer. Or he could choose to exercise his player option to stay. The landscape of the league is changed with this, but it might actually extend Durantís tenure with the Warriors.

I wish Durant the best of luck in his recovery. Letís salute his effort to try to help his team.


He'll still get the max. Odds are he'll be 80-95% of what he used to be. Its just a terrible injury. Torn Achilles and Torn Patella's are just brutal. i keep reading about players coming back from torn achilles, no one mentions Rudy Gay. He's a guy who gives you hope, he came back at at a fairly high level.

His age is the biggest problem. A lot of wear and tear on his body already. Hopefully he goes the Wilkins route.
RE: RE: Listen to Dr.Chao  
rich in DC : 6/12/2019 10:36 am : link
In comment 14470064 GiantGrit said:
Quote:
In comment 14469759 Giantz_comeback said:


Quote:




This is a devastating injury for a basketball player, but Durant can return to be the same or very close. This does not mark his downfall as an elite player.

Many would point to Bryant, who was still good but not the same player after his Achilles. But it is significant to remember Bryant was older (34) when he tore his Achilles, and six games into his return had a season-ending knee injury, which complicated matters. Look at high-flying Dominique Wilkins, who returned about nine months from his complete Achilles tear and was the same player.

I am not a contractual expert, but it seems to me that with Durantís supreme talent a team would still make him a max offer. Or he could choose to exercise his player option to stay. The landscape of the league is changed with this, but it might actually extend Durantís tenure with the Warriors.

I wish Durant the best of luck in his recovery. Letís salute his effort to try to help his team.



He'll still get the max. Odds are he'll be 80-95% of what he used to be. Its just a terrible injury. Torn Achilles and Torn Patella's are just brutal. i keep reading about players coming back from torn achilles, no one mentions Rudy Gay. He's a guy who gives you hope, he came back at at a fairly high level.

His age is the biggest problem. A lot of wear and tear on his body already. Hopefully he goes the Wilkins route.


Gay was a non-entity before the injury- just another guy. Now he comes back- and he's still just another guy, and we are supposed to draw hope for AD from that?

Come on man.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner