Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

NFT: SCF: Game 7 - Blues vs. Bruins

LarmerTJR : 6/12/2019 8:19 pm
Go Blues!!!
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Fourth!  
Percy : 6/12/2019 10:34 pm : link
I don't think it's going to be great fun in a Boston bar tonight. Not the moment to wear your Blues hat. Fist fight heaven.
Hilarious!  
Mr. Bungle : 6/12/2019 10:35 pm : link
Score another!
RE: This is very satisfying  
FatMan in Charlotte : 6/12/2019 10:35 pm : link
In comment 14470830 MetsAreBack said:
Quote:
Not even the Maple Leafs would blow this


Don't get carried away in the emotion!!
RE: Goal Three  
MetsAreBack : 6/12/2019 10:36 pm : link
In comment 14470804 Percy said:
Quote:
The killer. Sorry for Boston, a little (bitter enemy of the Rangers that they are), but the Blues have outplayed them every foot of the way in this Game 7. They deserve the win!


?? Bruins and Rangers are not rivals (unless Sox and Yankees fans want to carry over) and Bennington was the difference tonight. Bruins could have easily been up 4-2 midway through the third if not for the goalie
Looks like Boston has a case  
bubba0825 : 6/12/2019 10:37 pm : link
Of....the Blues
Boston  
Eli owns all : 6/12/2019 10:39 pm : link
Tuuka up the ass tonight
RE: RE: Goal Three  
Greg from LI : 6/12/2019 10:42 pm : link
In comment 14470839 MetsAreBack said:
Quote:
Bruins and Rangers are not rivals


Not so much now but they were for a long time. Older fans like my dad still hate the Bruins quite a bit from the Seventies
RE: This is very satisfying  
Rover : 6/12/2019 10:45 pm : link
In comment 14470830 MetsAreBack said:
Quote:
Not even the Maple Leafs would blow this

Agreed!
So glad.
After the Caps last year....
RE: RE: RE: Goal Three  
Rover : 6/12/2019 10:46 pm : link
In comment 14470853 Greg from LI said:
Quote:
In comment 14470839 MetsAreBack said:


Quote:


Bruins and Rangers are not rivals



Not so much now but they were for a long time. Older fans like my dad still hate the Bruins quite a bit from the Seventies

That rivalry was every bit Yankees Red Sox until they foolishly separated them in divisions.
Haha Ryan O’Reilly in on ice interview says  
mfsd : 6/12/2019 10:48 pm : link
“I knew we were gonna fuckin get it!”

No apology needed kid
Glad to see the Blues take it.  
yatqb : 6/12/2019 10:49 pm : link
Bruins are a damn good team. Heck of an effort by Binnington and the entire team. Boy, do the Blues play defense.

And living in NH, it would have been agony to have the Bruins join the Red Sox in the winner's circle.
Bruins  
Eli owns all : 6/12/2019 10:51 pm : link
Are such a loaded team. I personally hate Tuuka with a passion. But imagine if they had a legit goalie.
It’s hard to believe Bettman  
MetsAreBack : 6/12/2019 10:52 pm : link
A) still has a job and b) gets paid a kings ransom
RE: Glad to see the Blues take it.  
DC Gmen Fan : 6/12/2019 10:54 pm : link
In comment 14470860 yatqb said:
Quote:
Bruins are a damn good team. Heck of an effort by Binnington and the entire team. Boy, do the Blues play defense.

And living in NH, it would have been agony to have the Bruins join the Red Sox in the winner's circle.


And the Pats ugh could you imagine
RE: Haha Ryan O’Reilly in on ice interview says  
MetsAreBack : 6/12/2019 10:55 pm : link
In comment 14470858 mfsd said:
Quote:
“I knew we were gonna fuckin get it!”

No apology needed kid


Lol well Blues may want to chaperone him tonight just to be safe .... Kane’s got nothing on ROR in the partying department
RE: It’s hard to believe Bettman  
Greg from LI : 6/12/2019 10:57 pm : link
In comment 14470863 MetsAreBack said:
Quote:
A) still has a job and b) gets paid a kings ransom


25 years he's had that job! How????
Glad to see the Blues won,  
Del Shofner : 6/12/2019 10:59 pm : link
and they deserved it.
RE: Glad to see the Blues won,  
mfsd : 6/12/2019 11:02 pm : link
In comment 14470879 Del Shofner said:
Quote:
and they deserved it.


Yup...getting off the deck after the way they got smoked in game 6 is quite a feat. All Boston schadenfreude aside, great series, and glad to Blues won.
Thank Gawd.  
Crispino : 6/12/2019 11:14 pm : link
All the douchebag Boston sports fans need is another championship.

“Can Tawm skate?”
All-Team Handshake at the End  
Percy : 6/12/2019 11:20 pm : link
Finest tradition in sport. Enough to make you believe there's still something to the sport instead of just commercialism. A grand thing!

One of the best pictures  
MookGiants : 6/12/2019 11:28 pm : link
ever. What a moment

Blues Goalie Stood on His Head...  
M.S. : 6/13/2019 6:47 am : link

...last night.

Especially in the first period.

Game over.
Mook  
mushroom : 6/13/2019 7:34 am : link
What an awesome photo!Brought tears to my eyes
RE: Bruins  
pjcas18 : 6/13/2019 8:19 am : link
In comment 14470861 Eli owns all said:
Quote:
Are such a loaded team. I personally hate Tuuka with a passion. But imagine if they had a legit goalie.


Is this a serious post? Did you watch the playoffs? Tuukka was incredible this post-season.

Their first line disappeared in the finals. Did they score a 5v5 goal?

The Bruins did not lose because of Rask. They lost b/c they ran into a hot goalie and their own 1st line (the perfection line they call themselves) let them down.

Yeah..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 6/13/2019 8:22 am : link
Tuuka kept them in or stole several games in the postseason.

He had a few really strong games in the Finals, including Game 6.
I think we're going to find out now  
pjcas18 : 6/13/2019 8:26 am : link
that Bergeron was seriously injured. Didn't look right all series (most of the playoffs in fact), even on faceoffs.

Who is that kid in that photo?  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 6/13/2019 9:15 am : link
Genuinely have no idea.
She's a Blues fan who has..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 6/13/2019 9:19 am : link
a rare form of Cancer. She's only something like 11 years old.
Blues fan Laila Anderson  
pjcas18 : 6/13/2019 9:21 am : link
inspirational kid who the Blues sort of adopted
Link - ( New Window )
She was at game 3 in St Louis too  
Greg from LI : 6/13/2019 9:28 am : link
A little background article.
Link - ( New Window )
I should refresh the page from time to time, I see  
Greg from LI : 6/13/2019 9:29 am : link
.
Gotcha.  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 6/13/2019 9:33 am : link
Thanks for the info.
Yes it’s a real post  
Eli owns all : 6/13/2019 9:52 am : link
Tuuka holds them back

Tuuka Rask's legacy:

2010: blows a 3-0 series lead in conference finals
2013: Stanley Cup loss
2019: Stanley Cup loss

I stand by my comments.
RE: Yes it’s a real post  
Kyle in NY : 6/13/2019 10:05 am : link
In comment 14470987 Eli owns all said:
Quote:
Tuuka holds them back

Tuuka Rask's legacy:

2010: blows a 3-0 series lead in conference finals
2013: Stanley Cup loss
2019: Stanley Cup loss

I stand by my comments.


.940 save percentage in the 2013 playoffs, .934 this year. .927 in his playoff career across 89 games. That'd win the Vezina if it was the regular season.

You really sure you want to stand by that post?
Marchand  
Kyle in NY : 6/13/2019 10:08 am : link
will score many more goals in his career. But he may never live down going for that change with 8 seconds left that let Pietrangelo walk right in to make it 2-0. I know he'd had a long shift, but that's just awful awareness. And that line didn't do much when they weren't on the powerplay
Unfortunately..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 6/13/2019 10:08 am : link
I think he does want to stand by them.

He's already used 3 Finals losses to illustrate how Rask is holding them back!

I guess they got to those Finals out of sheer luck of overcoming a sieve.
None of those goals were soft  
Kyle in NY : 6/13/2019 10:10 am : link
Could maybe take issue with the first one and leaving his 5-hole open but it was a high slot deflection. Not a simple save
That first goal  
pjcas18 : 6/13/2019 10:18 am : link
is what I call "puck luck". Don't get me wrong, teams practice that all the time, but blaming a goalie for deflection goals is ridiculous.

the Bruins first line didn't score a non ENG goal 5v5 vs the Blues in the whole 7 game series other than Pastrnak to put the Bruins up 4 - 1 late 3rd when the game was already pretty much out of reach (3 - 1 5 min left in the 3rd).

7 games, Marchand, Bergeron, Pastrnak - 1 goal in 5v5 play.

That is why the Bruins lost.


Henrik Lundqvist lost the only Finals he ever made  
Greg from LI : 6/13/2019 10:21 am : link
Guy sucks!
RE: That first goal  
Blue21 : 6/13/2019 10:29 am : link
In comment 14471014 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
is what I call "puck luck". Don't get me wrong, teams practice that all the time, but blaming a goalie for deflection goals is ridiculous.

the Bruins first line didn't score a non ENG goal 5v5 vs the Blues in the whole 7 game series other than Pastrnak to put the Bruins up 4 - 1 late 3rd when the game was already pretty much out of reach (3 - 1 5 min left in the 3rd).

7 games, Marchand, Bergeron, Pastrnak - 1 goal in 5v5 play.

That is why the Bruins lost.




Exactly. And I'm not a big Rask fan at all even though I'm a Bruins fan. Previous playoffs aside this one wasn't on Rask. Top line couldn't score this series I believe even if the net was empty. They just sucked and I'm sure they won't hear the last of it from the press in Boston.
Rask  
pjcas18 : 6/13/2019 11:19 am : link
received 14 votes for Conn Smythe, including 4 second place votes.

LOL, and this guy Eli Owns All blames him for the Bruins loss.

Rask got more votes for Conn Smythe than Pietrangelo or Parayko.

It went ROR, Binnington, then Rask.

Quote:
Totals (first place votes):

Ryan O'Reilly (St. Louis) - 78 points (13)
Jordan Binnington (St. Louis) - 46 points (5)
Tuukka Rask (Boston) - 21 points (0)
Alex Pietrangelo (St. Louis) - 10 points (0)
Colton Parayko (St. Louis) - 7 points (0)
Giving up four shots in the 1st period...  
BillKo : 6/13/2019 11:28 am : link
..and having two go in is a tough pill to swallow when you dominated the 1st period.

First goal...ok, agreed that's a tough one on a redirect.

But the second, despite a mistake by Marchand, that puck was being saved/kicked out the entire playoffs.

Rask needs to make that save. To me, he looked like he was battling the puck the entire night.........
Rask's Game 6...  
FatMan in Charlotte : 6/13/2019 11:29 am : link
wasn't too far off of the performance Bennington gave in Game 7.

He made some great saves early on that set the tone for the win.

And he did that several times in these playoffs. I'm not a Rask fan, but to act like without him the Bruins are a much better team is just bullshit.

pj gave a great breakdown on the Bruins issues in the Finals - they weren't scoring at even strength.
RE: Yes it’s a real post  
BillKo : 6/13/2019 11:33 am : link
In comment 14470987 Eli owns all said:
Quote:
Tuuka holds them back

Tuuka Rask's legacy:

2010: blows a 3-0 series lead in conference finals
2013: Stanley Cup loss
2019: Stanley Cup loss

I stand by my comments.


FYI 2010 wasn't the Conf Finals.................
I agree the 2nd goal  
pjcas18 : 6/13/2019 12:03 pm : link
was a back breaker and very possibly sealed the Bruins fate (in hind sight obviously it did, but in real time you could have made a case with the way Binnington was playing that was it). It is so demoralizing to give up a goal with so little time left in a period.

Watch this replay though and tell me this goal is on Rask.

Rask could have saved it, of course he could have, but this is 100% on Marchand. Olay's Pietrangelo and then gets off the ice. WTF?
Blues 2nd goal - ( New Window )
The 2nd curse is about to hit Boston sports  
Jints in Carolina : 6/13/2019 12:12 pm : link
The David Ortiz Curse starts with the Bruins.
...  
ColHowPepper : 6/13/2019 12:25 pm : link
Quote:
It is so demoralizing to give up a goal with so little time left in a period.
pj, as I posted in your thread, to me it went well beyond the last seconds of the period for that 2nd goal. It was that after ~20 minutes of utter domination by the Bruins, they were down 2-0. Combined, those factors were a punch to the gut.

Thanks for the video of the 2nd goal. Pietrangelo was trying to lift high, and Rask reacted and if fluttered under his arm. Agree on the first, puck luck. To boot, aside from Save %, Rask is one of the best stickhandlers among keepers, regularly coming 30' outside his crease to sling the puck ahead to an unmarked forward near the red line.


(I have no idea what a poster above was looking at in saying the Blues outplayed the Bruins every step of the way in Game 7: WTF?)
RE: I agree the 2nd goal  
BillKo : 6/13/2019 2:15 pm : link
In comment 14471142 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
was a back breaker and very possibly sealed the Bruins fate (in hind sight obviously it did, but in real time you could have made a case with the way Binnington was playing that was it). It is so demoralizing to give up a goal with so little time left in a period.

Watch this replay though and tell me this goal is on Rask.

Rask could have saved it, of course he could have, but this is 100% on Marchand. Olay's Pietrangelo and then gets off the ice. WTF? Blues 2nd goal - ( New Window )


Marchand made a bad play......but you want to win a Cup, you need that save.

I saw the other guy kicking out everything.

Rask was great in the 2019 playoffs. He wasn't great last night. When you win a Cup, your goalie bails out a lot of poor defensive play.
RE: RE: I agree the 2nd goal  
pjcas18 : 6/13/2019 2:19 pm : link
In comment 14471277 BillKo said:
Quote:
In comment 14471142 pjcas18 said:


Quote:


was a back breaker and very possibly sealed the Bruins fate (in hind sight obviously it did, but in real time you could have made a case with the way Binnington was playing that was it). It is so demoralizing to give up a goal with so little time left in a period.

Watch this replay though and tell me this goal is on Rask.

Rask could have saved it, of course he could have, but this is 100% on Marchand. Olay's Pietrangelo and then gets off the ice. WTF? Blues 2nd goal - ( New Window )



Marchand made a bad play......but you want to win a Cup, you need that save.

I saw the other guy kicking out everything.

Rask was great in the 2019 playoffs. He wasn't great last night. When you win a Cup, your goalie bails out a lot of poor defensive play.


Binnington was unreal in game 7, but he had more bad games this playoffs than Rask, so I don't pin the loss on Rask at all.

His team picked him up. Rask's did not. I'd hold Marchand, Bergeron, and most of all Pastrnak responsible for this loss.

The Bruins best player was Charlie Coyle or Torey Krug. That's not how you win, especially when the Blues best players were ROR, Tarasenko, and Parayko/Pietrangelo.
RE: RE: RE: I agree the 2nd goal  
BillKo : 6/13/2019 2:50 pm : link
In comment 14471280 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
In comment 14471277 BillKo said:


Quote:


In comment 14471142 pjcas18 said:


Quote:


was a back breaker and very possibly sealed the Bruins fate (in hind sight obviously it did, but in real time you could have made a case with the way Binnington was playing that was it). It is so demoralizing to give up a goal with so little time left in a period.

Watch this replay though and tell me this goal is on Rask.

Rask could have saved it, of course he could have, but this is 100% on Marchand. Olay's Pietrangelo and then gets off the ice. WTF? Blues 2nd goal - ( New Window )



Marchand made a bad play......but you want to win a Cup, you need that save.

I saw the other guy kicking out everything.

Rask was great in the 2019 playoffs. He wasn't great last night. When you win a Cup, your goalie bails out a lot of poor defensive play.



Binnington was unreal in game 7, but he had more bad games this playoffs than Rask, so I don't pin the loss on Rask at all.

His team picked him up. Rask's did not. I'd hold Marchand, Bergeron, and most of all Pastrnak responsible for this loss.

The Bruins best player was Charlie Coyle or Torey Krug. That's not how you win, especially when the Blues best players were ROR, Tarasenko, and Parayko/Pietrangelo.


And I'm not pinning it on Rask. I am talking about that particular sequence.

B's inability to score consistently on the Blues, and losing three of four at home (where they dominated this year) is what ultimately did them in.
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner