Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

NFT: Yanks got Encarnacion

BlueHurricane : 6/15/2019 11:20 pm
WTF does this mean? Someone has to be going or there is nowhere to put him. Stanton in the OF a whole lot? Frazier going for a pitcher?
I have more faith  
Jay in Toronto : 6/15/2019 11:22 pm : link
In theirs scouting of mlb hitters than pitchers.
In the game threadwe figured this opened things up for a Frazier trade  
adamg : 6/15/2019 11:22 pm : link
Frazier for Stroman was the thought
I don't understand the Stanton hate in the OF.  
robbieballs2003 : 6/15/2019 11:23 pm : link
He isn't a bad OF. He just isn't a gold glover. It is a curious signing but it means less of Gardner or Maybin. I think Frazier is our best trading chip so this gives us flexibility.
Estrada and Bird were offered up as other potential pieces  
adamg : 6/15/2019 11:24 pm : link
in any deals.

One guy figured Voit was better than Frazier as a piece to get rid of...
We are also only taking on half of the remaining salary too  
robbieballs2003 : 6/15/2019 11:24 pm : link
.
I truly hope they do not dump Voit  
BlueHurricane : 6/15/2019 11:25 pm : link
Love the guy. If heís part of a demand for a SP deal I guess I get it but I would hate to see him leave.
RE: I don't understand the Stanton hate in the OF.  
adamg : 6/15/2019 11:31 pm : link
In comment 14473300 robbieballs2003 said:
Quote:
He isn't a bad OF. He just isn't a gold glover. It is a curious signing but it means less of Gardner or Maybin. I think Frazier is our best trading chip so this gives us flexibility.


I agree re: Stanton's glove. He should be our starting LF really. He's too young to be a DH with how good of an athlete he is. Not that he's a great fielder.

Plus, starting Stanton in left opens up the addtion of a bat like Encarnacion at DH. That's huge.

Our line:

3B DJ
RF Judge
CF Hicks
LF Stanton
DH Encarnacion
C Gary
1B Voit
SS Didi
2B Torres

I don't like DJ's arm at third. But hey, that's a good lineup.
So the only player going back to Seattle is Juan Then,  
81_Great_Dane : 6/15/2019 11:31 pm : link
currently the Yanks' 27th-rated prospect (though he's only 19). And Seattle is paying a big chunk of Encarnacion's salary. They don't even get a lot of salary relief this season. Seattle must be very high on Juan Then.
Jints posted Then's numbers  
adamg : 6/15/2019 11:33 pm : link
and they looked good. 2.5ish ERA over two years.
not crazy about the trade  
RasputinPrime : 6/15/2019 11:53 pm : link
since it seems to push Frazier out of the 25 man.
RE: not crazy about the trade  
terz22 : 6/15/2019 11:56 pm : link
In comment 14473320 RasputinPrime said:
Quote:
since it seems to push Frazier out of the 25 man.


My thoughts exactly. And I just not crazy about trading him for the likes of Stroman.
RE: not crazy about the trade  
robbieballs2003 : 6/15/2019 11:56 pm : link
In comment 14473320 RasputinPrime said:
Quote:
since it seems to push Frazier out of the 25 man.


It boggles my mind how bad Frazier is in the OF. Frazier is hitting and healthy so this is probably a great time to trade him. Could his value go up? Maybe. But it could very well drop significantly with an injury. I think we all lioe Frazier but where is he playing for the forseeable future? Our OF is or will be locked up for the next 5 years or so. Frazier seems to be more useful to us if he can bring back a SP.
RE: RE: not crazy about the trade  
robbieballs2003 : 6/15/2019 11:57 pm : link
In comment 14473323 terz22 said:
Quote:
In comment 14473320 RasputinPrime said:


Quote:


since it seems to push Frazier out of the 25 man.



My thoughts exactly. And I just not crazy about trading him for the likes of Stroman.


Agree. Not sold on Stroman. I actually work with one of his family members.
i'd like Stroman  
RasputinPrime : 6/16/2019 12:02 am : link
for far less than the Bluejays are going to demand for him. We need to be looking at deals for Scherzer and Bumgarner but again, emptying the farm is one thing but Frazier has proven his bat is legit. At his age and his ceiling, we better not be giving him away. We have zero OFers without yearly injury issues and Gardy can't be counted on for more than defense and leadership.

Romine, Gardner and Urshela on the bench? Better pray we are in the clear re injuries the rest of the way.
RE: RE: not crazy about the trade  
adamg : 6/16/2019 12:14 am : link
In comment 14473324 robbieballs2003 said:
Quote:
In comment 14473320 RasputinPrime said:


Quote:


since it seems to push Frazier out of the 25 man.



It boggles my mind how bad Frazier is in the OF. Frazier is hitting and healthy so this is probably a great time to trade him. Could his value go up? Maybe. But it could very well drop significantly with an injury. I think we all lioe Frazier but where is he playing for the forseeable future? Our OF is or will be locked up for the next 5 years or so. Frazier seems to be more useful to us if he can bring back a SP.


I'm with Robbie. I was on the fence before. But Encarnacion makes this easy. Stanton becomes the starter in left for the next two years.

Frazier+Estrada for Stroman makes sense for both teams.

Estrada can't really play short. Frazier can't really play the outfield. But they'll be touted as such. Estrada should be fine as a starting 2B and Frazier is a fine DH, as realistic floors. And we'll have a much deeper rotation going forward and be in a position to lock up Stroman with an extension if we decide he's our future over the next two years.

Front end: Sevy-Tanaka-Stroman-Paxton Back end: German-Happ-CC-(Monty)

That's a good rotation. With German's development as potential upside. If he really turns into Sevy Jr., that's a ridiculous rotation when healthy (big if this year, I know).

And, we're in first place before these moves btw. We get so spoiled as Yankee fans.
RE: i'd like Stroman  
adamg : 6/16/2019 12:16 am : link
In comment 14473326 RasputinPrime said:
Quote:
for far less than the Bluejays are going to demand for him. We need to be looking at deals for Scherzer and Bumgarner but again, emptying the farm is one thing but Frazier has proven his bat is legit. At his age and his ceiling, we better not be giving him away. We have zero OFers without yearly injury issues and Gardy can't be counted on for more than defense and leadership.

Romine, Gardner and Urshela on the bench? Better pray we are in the clear re injuries the rest of the way.


Frazier is himself one of those outfielders with injury concerns.

What pitchers are there out there who are better than Stroman and would cost Frazier as the headliner?
RE: RE: i'd like Stroman  
RasputinPrime : 6/16/2019 12:31 am : link
In comment 14473330 adamg said:
Quote:
In comment 14473326 RasputinPrime said:


Quote:


for far less than the Bluejays are going to demand for him. We need to be looking at deals for Scherzer and Bumgarner but again, emptying the farm is one thing but Frazier has proven his bat is legit. At his age and his ceiling, we better not be giving him away. We have zero OFers without yearly injury issues and Gardy can't be counted on for more than defense and leadership.

Romine, Gardner and Urshela on the bench? Better pray we are in the clear re injuries the rest of the way.



Frazier is himself one of those outfielders with injury concerns.

What pitchers are there out there who are better than Stroman and would cost Frazier as the headliner?


Frazier's injury issues are primarly concussions. Not the same but certainly not nothing. That said, he is the youngest of proven OFers we have and there aren't any prospects ready to challenge for any significant PT until what 2022? I think we need to hedge by keeping Frazier as a bridge. We have some lower level talent we can surely prefer to move if we are in win-now mode.

When they were young - ( New Window )
RE: RE: RE: i'd like Stroman  
adamg : 6/16/2019 12:46 am : link
In comment 14473334 RasputinPrime said:
Quote:
In comment 14473330 adamg said:


Quote:


In comment 14473326 RasputinPrime said:


Quote:


for far less than the Bluejays are going to demand for him. We need to be looking at deals for Scherzer and Bumgarner but again, emptying the farm is one thing but Frazier has proven his bat is legit. At his age and his ceiling, we better not be giving him away. We have zero OFers without yearly injury issues and Gardy can't be counted on for more than defense and leadership.

Romine, Gardner and Urshela on the bench? Better pray we are in the clear re injuries the rest of the way.



Frazier is himself one of those outfielders with injury concerns.

What pitchers are there out there who are better than Stroman and would cost Frazier as the headliner?



Frazier's injury issues are primarly concussions. Not the same but certainly not nothing. That said, he is the youngest of proven OFers we have and there aren't any prospects ready to challenge for any significant PT until what 2022? I think we need to hedge by keeping Frazier as a bridge. We have some lower level talent we can surely prefer to move if we are in win-now mode. When they were young - ( New Window )


Stanton, Hicks, and Judge are all in their prime. They do rotate them a lot. But, for the return we could get on Frazier, we may be better of FA shopping for a fourth OF. Get a DJ for the outfield. Stroman has extremely high upside; he's already a good pitcher; and he's done all of this in the AL East.

I think you're almost thinking too long term. Frazier is a good player. But he doesn't have to be the future. He's not a complete player. Stroman could be a big piece in getting a ring this year and next year in a way Frazier can't.
RE: RE: RE: RE: i'd like Stroman  
RasputinPrime : 6/16/2019 1:05 am : link
In comment 14473335 adamg said:
Quote:
In comment 14473334 RasputinPrime said:


Quote:


In comment 14473330 adamg said:


Quote:


In comment 14473326 RasputinPrime said:


Quote:


for far less than the Bluejays are going to demand for him. We need to be looking at deals for Scherzer and Bumgarner but again, emptying the farm is one thing but Frazier has proven his bat is legit. At his age and his ceiling, we better not be giving him away. We have zero OFers without yearly injury issues and Gardy can't be counted on for more than defense and leadership.

Romine, Gardner and Urshela on the bench? Better pray we are in the clear re injuries the rest of the way.



Frazier is himself one of those outfielders with injury concerns.

What pitchers are there out there who are better than Stroman and would cost Frazier as the headliner?



Frazier's injury issues are primarly concussions. Not the same but certainly not nothing. That said, he is the youngest of proven OFers we have and there aren't any prospects ready to challenge for any significant PT until what 2022? I think we need to hedge by keeping Frazier as a bridge. We have some lower level talent we can surely prefer to move if we are in win-now mode. When they were young - ( New Window )



Stanton, Hicks, and Judge are all in their prime. They do rotate them a lot. But, for the return we could get on Frazier, we may be better of FA shopping for a fourth OF. Get a DJ for the outfield. Stroman has extremely high upside; he's already a good pitcher; and he's done all of this in the AL East.

I think you're almost thinking too long term. Frazier is a good player. But he doesn't have to be the future. He's not a complete player. Stroman could be a big piece in getting a ring this year and next year in a way Frazier can't.


I have a feeling we will find out soon enough.
Frazier or no Frazier, I don't want Stanton running around  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 6/16/2019 1:40 am : link
the OF for most of the foreseeable future. That damn near guarantees Pujols-like suck/injury at the end of his contract.

I'd like Stroman. I'd hate to trade Frazier. IDGAF about Encarnacion. It is what it is.
.  
arcarsenal : 6/16/2019 3:31 am : link
Absolutely love this move. Then could turn out to be a good pitcher - who knows. He's only 19, and definitely not close to pitching in the majors. Long way to go. A lot of hurdles and the odds aren't great.

Eddy is leading the AL in HR's - we now have the top 2 long-ball hitters in the league (Sanchez - 20), and he'll probably get a little boost playing @ YS, too.

Obviously it leads to speculation that Frazier could be a trade piece. I don't think Voit is going anywhere. Stanton is almost back. So, between Eddy/Stanton/Voit, you've got to use one of them in the DH spot - and with Judge also on the precipice of returning, it makes it almost impossible for Frazier to get AB's here every day.

Just feels like the writing is on the wall - we need pitching, we have some lineup surplus. I'm guessing another move is probably coming.

But, I really like this one. Eddy is basically pacing a 4+ fWAR season - the power stroke is still there. This is another heavy hitter and we're going to be able to field some pretty lethal lineups when Stanton and Judge are back.
Hereís what you need to know about EE  
capone : 6/16/2019 3:58 am : link
The Mariners lost 2 middle infielders in the same game versus the Yankees....before Scott service could reflect on his limited options Edwin was borrowing a glove and volunteering 2=play second base ...allot of guys with half his resume would have ever ever offered to do that.... the next ball was it right At him and he got hurt a bit .....

He is surprisingly a competant first baseman I kind of assumed His days with the glove were long gone given how much he has been a designated hitter

When they told him he may play the field a bit in spring training he worked his ass off and took extra balls in the infieldÖ Heís a real professional

Heís a gamer and a team player and everybody likes them in the clubhouse Iíd like to see him get a ring ....good luck Yankees
I can't believe anyone could knock this trade  
adamg : 6/16/2019 4:25 am : link
We got the AL homerun leader for a prospect who we got from the Rumbelow trade.

Encarnacion and JP Seares for Rumbelow and keeping Then? Cashman is a fucking ninja. He makes the league work for him.
A professional hitter whose bat  
CromartiesKid21 : 6/16/2019 6:20 am : link
will age very nicely a la Adrian Beltre/Nelson Cruz/Carlos Beltran. These guys will lose their shine in other aspects of their game as they age but their hit tool remains strong well into their careers.

Kind of funny...
Juan Then was traded from the Mariners to the Yankees for a pitching arm the Mariners ended up waiving. Yankees turned Juan Then into a prospect and now has traded him back to Seattle for Encarnacion
I think the Yanks  
Dankbeerman : 6/16/2019 6:28 am : link
Dont want Voit playing 1st that often. with Bird, Morales and now Edwin they keep filling that 1b/dh spot on the roster.

Think Frazier will be sent down to see if he can figure out his problems in the outfield, if he can he will get a shot to take Gardners job if not he will be dealt
Wonder what his  
CromartiesKid21 : 6/16/2019 6:29 am : link
home run call will be...the fans will love it when he "walks the parrot" after a home run
RE: Hereís what you need to know about EE  
mfsd : 6/16/2019 6:41 am : link
In comment 14473361 capone said:
Quote:
The Mariners lost 2 middle infielders in the same game versus the Yankees....before Scott service could reflect on his limited options Edwin was borrowing a glove and volunteering 2=play second base ...allot of guys with half his resume would have ever ever offered to do that.... the next ball was it right At him and he got hurt a bit .....

He is surprisingly a competant first baseman I kind of assumed His days with the glove were long gone given how much he has been a designated hitter

When they told him he may play the field a bit in spring training he worked his ass off and took extra balls in the infieldÖ Heís a real professional

Heís a gamer and a team player and everybody likes them in the clubhouse Iíd like to see him get a ring ....good luck Yankees


Thanks for sharing, good stuff. My first thought was he could be a Beltran type vet leader...on top of the fact he can still hit.

Iím not sure if this is a precursor to another trade...IMO heís essentially a (major) upgrade over Morales as 1B/DH. Frazier likely goes down, they keep Maybin for his glove and wheels, and they can rotate rest days.

I hate to say this, but part of the equation is the likelihood of one or more of Stanton, Judge, or Hicks getting banged up again at some point is high too.
Still a little bit surprised  
section125 : 6/16/2019 7:40 am : link
confused on this trade. Great bat, decent fielder but 36 y/o and right handed. With a $20 mill price that this year Seattle is picking up 1/2 of his residual ($8.4 mill each?). $5 mill buy out for next season. He is likely a one year pick up.

Voit is not going anywhere. This is not about Voit. But it may signal the end of Bird as a Yankee. Voit has improved his fielding without question. He is not yet league average, but he has made strides with digging bad throws. Several similar poor fielding players that improved to better than average have said fielding is all about wanting to do it. Even Tino said it. Is there any doubt that Voit has the desire to improve his fielding? His plate discipline is very good.

People forget that Stanton was a good OF for the Marlins for years. He is awkward looking but is pretty fast, has a very good arm and at this point is a big upgrade defensively over Frazier.

Cash is targeting a starter from somebody and must have a deal about worked out to do this with Stanton almost back and Judge right behind him.

To me it looked like Frazier must have heard about the trade during the game because he looked pretty disheartened at the plate, did not see the usual fire. He may have surmised he was the odd man out. I love his bat and he has a knack for driving in runs with RISP. He certainly seemed ticketed for Gardner's spot next year. And before we the populace trade him away, Cash has shown a propensity to trade lower level talent for starting MLB players. I believe his final option is still in play here. But I wonder if his attitude or mental makeup is not what the Yankees want. Maybe too high strung, too prone to highs and lows. The media incident etc....

I too have always like Stroman. Not flashy, just effective. Did not realize that Bumgarner is still only 29, so that sort of changes my apprehension for acquiring him. But with the no trade clause, he'd likely want a long term contract promise before dropping the the clause. I doubt Cash would sign him to a big long term deal that he would want. I like Andrew Cashner from the Orioles, too. There are others out there less heralded.

Whatever happens it will likely happen in the next few days and I think that Frazier will be sent down to make room for EE, then they need a 40 man spot to open..either Morales is released or goes to 60 man IL. Could be an interesting day.
Why is everyone  
Jay in Toronto : 6/16/2019 7:42 am : link
forgetting about Maybin?
RE: Why is everyone  
section125 : 6/16/2019 7:48 am : link
In comment 14473403 Jay in Toronto said:
Quote:
forgetting about Maybin?


Jay, as well as Maybin has played, he is a fill in for Stanton and Judge. As much as he has helped, he was always a stop gap. Now Cash may do him a favor and trade him to a team for a small piece so that he stays in MLB, but he knows he was signed as a fill in. He helped his cause by playing well and some team will likely pick him up.
Here's a fun fact from the research director at YES  
Greg from LI : 6/16/2019 8:24 am : link
Jeff Quagliata
@yestoresearch
Best AB/HR ratio MLB since 2010 (Min 1200 PAs)

Joey Gallo 11.92
Aaron Judge 12.64
Gary Sanchez 13.03
Giancarlo Stanton 13.73
Khris Davis 14.19
Edwin Encarnacion 14.86
9:46 PM ∑ Jun 15, 2019
Encarnacion's BABIP is down 40-50 points from his career avg.  
Bobby Humphrey's Earpad : 6/16/2019 8:42 am : link
A slight uptick in BABIP in that ballpark = a likely 40 HR season.
RE: Still a little bit surprised  
robbieballs2003 : 6/16/2019 8:57 am : link
In comment 14473399 section125 said:
Quote:
confused on this trade. Great bat, decent fielder but 36 y/o and right handed. With a $20 mill price that this year Seattle is picking up 1/2 of his residual ($8.4 mill each?). $5 mill buy out for next season. He is likely a one year pick up.

Voit is not going anywhere. This is not about Voit. But it may signal the end of Bird as a Yankee. Voit has improved his fielding without question. He is not yet league average, but he has made strides with digging bad throws. Several similar poor fielding players that improved to better than average have said fielding is all about wanting to do it. Even Tino said it. Is there any doubt that Voit has the desire to improve his fielding? His plate discipline is very good.

People forget that Stanton was a good OF for the Marlins for years. He is awkward looking but is pretty fast, has a very good arm and at this point is a big upgrade defensively over Frazier.

Cash is targeting a starter from somebody and must have a deal about worked out to do this with Stanton almost back and Judge right behind him.

To me it looked like Frazier must have heard about the trade during the game because he looked pretty disheartened at the plate, did not see the usual fire. He may have surmised he was the odd man out. I love his bat and he has a knack for driving in runs with RISP. He certainly seemed ticketed for Gardner's spot next year. And before we the populace trade him away, Cash has shown a propensity to trade lower level talent for starting MLB players. I believe his final option is still in play here. But I wonder if his attitude or mental makeup is not what the Yankees want. Maybe too high strung, too prone to highs and lows. The media incident etc....

I too have always like Stroman. Not flashy, just effective. Did not realize that Bumgarner is still only 29, so that sort of changes my apprehension for acquiring him. But with the no trade clause, he'd likely want a long term contract promise before dropping the the clause. I doubt Cash would sign him to a big long term deal that he would want. I like Andrew Cashner from the Orioles, too. There are others out there less heralded.

Whatever happens it will likely happen in the next few days and I think that Frazier will be sent down to make room for EE, then they need a 40 man spot to open..either Morales is released or goes to 60 man IL. Could be an interesting day.


As I said earlier, I work with a family member of Stroman. That person said the exact opposite that he is very flashy and wants to go to a big market.
Being a high strike out beer league softball team ainít playing in Oct  
BlueHurricane : 6/16/2019 9:02 am : link
We better find some pitching before this season is over. Cash has a knack for getting lineup guys in season but he blows at getting the rotation fixed in season. Color me concerned with the fact he may be saying ďfuck it, pitching it too expensive, letís try to mash our way to a WSĒ
RE: RE: Still a little bit surprised  
section125 : 6/16/2019 9:03 am : link
In comment 14473447 robbieballs2003 said:
Quote:

As I said earlier, I work with a family member of Stroman. That person said the exact opposite that he is very flashy and wants to go to a big market.


What he does in private life has little to do on the field. He is not flashy on the mound from what I remember. Except for Zack Greinke, how many players don't want to go to a big market(big payroll) team?
RE: Encarnacion's BABIP is down 40-50 points from his career avg.  
bigbluehoya : 6/16/2019 9:33 am : link
In comment 14473427 Bobby Humphrey's Earpad said:
Quote:
A slight uptick in BABIP in that ballpark = a likely 40 HR season.


HR are, by definition, not part of BABIP.
I'd want a better pitcher that MS  
Phil in LA : 6/16/2019 9:40 am : link
if they're trading Frazier.
RE: I'd want a better pitcher that MS  
UConn4523 : 6/16/2019 9:58 am : link
In comment 14473462 Phil in LA said:
Quote:
if they're trading Frazier.


Pitching is at a premium, youíll always ďoverpayĒ. DHs that can occasionally play the field arenít going to net to a top pitcher and likely not a #2.
Wheeler is drawing interest from the Yanks.  
robbieballs2003 : 6/16/2019 10:34 am : link
Like him way better than Stroman.
RE: So the only player going back to Seattle is Juan Then,  
rich in DC : 6/16/2019 10:55 am : link
In comment 14473311 81_Great_Dane said:
Quote:
currently the Yanks' 27th-rated prospect (though he's only 19). And Seattle is paying a big chunk of Encarnacion's salary. They don't even get a lot of salary relief this season. Seattle must be very high on Juan Then.


A couple things I pointed out on the game day thread.

The Yanks originally got Then from the Mariners. About a year and a half ago, when the Yanks were adjusting their 40 man roster before the Rule 5 draft, the Yanks traded reliever Nick Rumbelow to the Mariners for two little known low A/rookie ball pitchers named JP Sears (still with the Yanks in A ball) and Juan Then.

Now, that the Yanks have sent Then back to the Mariners for EE- plus half of EE's remaining salary, the trade looks almost insanely lopsided.

It has essentially become EE, half of EE's salary Then, and JP Sears for Then, Nick Rumbelow- who by the way was recently DFA'd by the Mariners. Ouch, if you are on the Mariners side of the ledger.
RE: Jints posted Then's numbers  
Deejboy : 6/16/2019 11:51 am : link
In comment 14473313 adamg said:
Quote:
and they looked good. 2.5ish ERA over two years.

One year was in the Dominican Summer League and the other Rookie ball last year. He hasn't pitched this year yet at any level. He has yet to pitch above Rookie ball.
RE: Being a high strike out beer league softball team ainít playing in Oct  
Deejboy : 6/16/2019 11:53 am : link
In comment 14473450 BlueHurricane said:
Quote:
We better find some pitching before this season is over. Cash has a knack for getting lineup guys in season but he blows at getting the rotation fixed in season. Color me concerned with the fact he may be saying ďfuck it, pitching it too expensive, letís try to mash our way to a WSĒ
Color me concerned that you think the Yankees are a "beer league softball team".
Couple of things about EE  
Stu11 : 6/16/2019 12:04 pm : link
He's not such a high K guy for such a slugger. He's only K'd 40 domething times this year and 130 per the past few seasons. He's a good on base guy, and he has pretty good #'s vs. the Stros pitching staff.
RE: Wheeler is drawing interest from the Yanks.  
Greg from LI : 6/16/2019 12:12 pm : link
In comment 14473481 robbieballs2003 said:
Quote:
Like him way better than Stroman.


They can keep Wheelers mediocre, injury prone ass.
Stroman > Wheeler  
UConn4523 : 6/16/2019 12:27 pm : link
really donít trust Wheelers injury history or coming to the ALE.
Nothing to do with this thread  
Miami_JintsFan : 6/16/2019 12:59 pm : link
But maybe you guys can help me.

Going to my first Yankees game Thursday. Weather is shaky as of now so I'm thinking of getting tickets from the box office instead of purchasing from Ticketmaster now. Will there be decent tickets left at the box office on gameday?
RE: RE: Why is everyone  
Jay in Toronto : 6/16/2019 1:09 pm : link
In comment 14473404 section125 said:
Quote:
In comment 14473403 Jay in Toronto said:


Quote:


forgetting about Maybin?



Jay, as well as Maybin has played, he is a fill in for Stanton and Judge. As much as he has helped, he was always a stop gap. Now Cash may do him a favor and trade him to a team for a small piece so that he stays in MLB, but he knows he was signed as a fill in. He helped his cause by playing well and some team will likely pick him up.


Absolutely, but he's an excellent plug-in and helps the bench.
RE: Nothing to do with this thread  
Mad Mike : 6/16/2019 1:14 pm : link
In comment 14473578 Miami_JintsFan said:
Quote:
But maybe you guys can help me.

Going to my first Yankees game Thursday. Weather is shaky as of now so I'm thinking of getting tickets from the box office instead of purchasing from Ticketmaster now. Will there be decent tickets left at the box office on gameday?

Waiting should be fine - Houston's a high profile opponent, but there are plenty of tickets available now, and that probably won't change too much in a few days. The returns of Stanton, and particularly Judge if he's back by then, could change that a bit.
No didi or Sanchez  
nygnyy274 : 6/16/2019 1:25 pm : link
Today but Tauchman is playing lol. DH Sanchez or Didi. Itís not like the Yankees have won the series for him to give two good hitters the day off,
RE: No didi or Sanchez  
UConn4523 : 6/16/2019 1:32 pm : link
In comment 14473588 nygnyy274 said:
Quote:
Today but Tauchman is playing lol. DH Sanchez or Didi. Itís not like the Yankees have won the series for him to give two good hitters the day off,


Why does anyone even bother questioning it at this point. They have scheduled rest days, you need to start dealing with it. Itís part of their formula and with the entire team breaking down this year, donít you think rest is a good thing for the longevity of the season?

Winning a series doesnít mean anything, total wins and total losses do.
Thanks Mike!  
Miami_JintsFan : 6/16/2019 1:54 pm : link
I'll get them at the box office about 3hrs before game time. Thanks.
RE: RE: No didi or Sanchez  
nygnyy274 : 6/16/2019 2:21 pm : link
In comment 14473590 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
In comment 14473588 nygnyy274 said:


Quote:


Today but Tauchman is playing lol. DH Sanchez or Didi. Itís not like the Yankees have won the series for him to give two good hitters the day off,



Why does anyone even bother questioning it at this point. They have scheduled rest days, you need to start dealing with it. Itís part of their formula and with the entire team breaking down this year, donít you think rest is a good thing for the longevity of the season?

Winning a series doesnít mean anything, total wins and total losses do.



So a 25 year old and 29 year old player canít bat 4 times a game then it in the dugout???
RE: RE: RE: No didi or Sanchez  
Deejboy : 6/16/2019 2:50 pm : link
In comment 14473613 nygnyy274 said:
Quote:
In comment 14473590 UConn4523 said:


Quote:


In comment 14473588 nygnyy274 said:


Quote:


Today but Tauchman is playing lol. DH Sanchez or Didi. Itís not like the Yankees have won the series for him to give two good hitters the day off,



Why does anyone even bother questioning it at this point. They have scheduled rest days, you need to start dealing with it. Itís part of their formula and with the entire team breaking down this year, donít you think rest is a good thing for the longevity of the season?

Winning a series doesnít mean anything, total wins and total losses do.




So a 25 year old and 29 year old player canít bat 4 times a game then it in the dugout???

And if that 25 year old and 29 year old player gets hurt you would be the first one screaming at the Yankees. Why don't you stop backseat managing and let the Yankees operate the way they want to?
RE: RE: RE: No didi or Sanchez  
mfsd : 6/16/2019 2:54 pm : link
In comment 14473613 nygnyy274 said:
Quote:
In comment 14473590 UConn4523 said:


Quote:


In comment 14473588 nygnyy274 said:


Quote:


Today but Tauchman is playing lol. DH Sanchez or Didi. Itís not like the Yankees have won the series for him to give two good hitters the day off,



Why does anyone even bother questioning it at this point. They have scheduled rest days, you need to start dealing with it. Itís part of their formula and with the entire team breaking down this year, donít you think rest is a good thing for the longevity of the season?

Winning a series doesnít mean anything, total wins and total losses do.




So a 25 year old and 29 year old player canít bat 4 times a game then it in the dugout???


The age doesnít matter - thereís plenty thatís been written and said in interviews about how these guys end up completely gassed after playing every day for extended periods.

They got through seasons on some combo of steroids and greenies (amphetamines) for decades...they gradually switched to HGH and adderall about 15 years ago...but now most of that stuff has been legislated out of the game (although I suspect some form of PEDs are still present).

Regardless of how young and athletic these guys are, without those crutches rest days are a big part of getting them through the season now.
RE: RE: RE: No didi or Sanchez  
UConn4523 : 6/16/2019 3:57 pm : link
In comment 14473613 nygnyy274 said:
Quote:
In comment 14473590 UConn4523 said:


Quote:


In comment 14473588 nygnyy274 said:


Quote:


Today but Tauchman is playing lol. DH Sanchez or Didi. Itís not like the Yankees have won the series for him to give two good hitters the day off,



Why does anyone even bother questioning it at this point. They have scheduled rest days, you need to start dealing with it. Itís part of their formula and with the entire team breaking down this year, donít you think rest is a good thing for the longevity of the season?

Winning a series doesnít mean anything, total wins and total losses do.




So a 25 year old and 29 year old player canít bat 4 times a game then it in the dugout???


If thatís your thought process then there shouldnít ever be off days. It isnít just physical stress, itís a mentally grueling season. I donít know what else to tell you.
The travel alone must take a toll, even on young men.  
81_Great_Dane : 6/16/2019 4:51 pm : link
Plus day games after night games. And let's remember their work day starts well ahead of first pitch. Think about how much of a grind your own job is if you never get a day off, and then add in travel.
Back to the Corner