Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

NFT: Chicken Tenderloin marinade

DC Gmen Fan : 7/10/2019 9:18 am
anyone have a solid go to? TIA
Is there..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 7/10/2019 9:49 am : link
even such a thing as Chicken Tenderloin? Aren't those basically chicken tenders?

Roll in panko and bake.......

If you want to marinade, just pour Italian dressing over them.
I made a turkey  
pjcas18 : 7/10/2019 9:53 am : link
tenderloin a couple weeks ago, I didn't know such a thing existed. but it does, I grilled it, and it was delicious.

Chicken tenderloin exists too.

basically just like you said FMiC, strips of breast meat.

If you want a marinade vs breading and baking, I'd go with a basic homemade teriyaki or barbecue sauce and grill it.
Yes they are chicken tenders  
DC Gmen Fan : 7/10/2019 9:57 am : link
Im grilling them so wanted to see if anyone had a good marinade. Not breading them this time.
Although I do like keeping it simple at times with  
RC in MD : 7/10/2019 10:37 am : link
Robusto Italian dressing, the go to for us is a honey chipotle marinade. It's still rather simple though.

Blend honey, some canned chipotle peppers, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Don't remember the exact ratios, but it turns out great if you grill it.
cube 'em  
I Love Clams Casino : 7/10/2019 10:41 am : link
and follow this recipe
Chili Lime Chicken Kabobs - ( New Window )
RE: Although I do like keeping it simple at times with  
RC in MD : 7/10/2019 10:43 am : link
In comment 14495846 RC in MD said:
Quote:
Robusto Italian dressing, the go to for us is a honey chipotle marinade. It's still rather simple though.

Blend honey, some canned chipotle peppers, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Don't remember the exact ratios, but it turns out great if you grill it.


I found the site that we got the marinade recipe from. The ingredients list calls for garlic and cumin as well, which I had forgotten. We usually forgo the cumin since my wife isn't a fan, but garlic is definitely a must.
Recipe - ( New Window )
5-6 cloves of minced garlic  
adamg : 7/10/2019 10:50 am : link
1 cup mayo
1/8 cup worcestershire
1/8 cup soy sauce
heaping tablespoon of sriracha/sambal

Mix thoroughly and throw the chicken in there

throw it on the grill

And use chicken thighs instead of those goddamn chicken tenders
RE: 5-6 cloves of minced garlic  
adamg : 7/10/2019 10:50 am : link
In comment 14495861 adamg said:
Quote:
1 cup mayo
1/8 cup worcestershire
1/8 cup soy sauce
heaping tablespoon of sriracha/sambal

Mix thoroughly and throw the chicken in there

throw it on the grill

And use chicken thighs instead of those goddamn chicken tenders


Could throw some honey or maple syrup in there too actually
Pineapple juice and Franks Red Hot  
Gary from The East End : Admin : 7/10/2019 11:31 am : link
Roughly a 2 to 1 ratio.
Chicken tenderloins  
Coach Red Beaulieu : 7/10/2019 11:52 am : link
Is what is wrong with America today.
Why the hate for tenderloins?  
DC Gmen Fan : 7/10/2019 2:07 pm : link
geez they're cheap and easy to grill for several people.
RE: Why the hate for tenderloins?  
Bill in UT : 7/10/2019 2:10 pm : link
In comment 14496056 DC Gmen Fan said:
Quote:
geez they're cheap and easy to grill for several people.


Chicken breast is never easy to grill, especially cut into thin strips
It..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 7/10/2019 2:10 pm : link
isn't really hate. They are chicken tenders though.

Serve then to kids with a side of ketchup and be done with them!!
Chicken tenders are great  
pjcas18 : 7/10/2019 2:22 pm : link
for portion control.

And they don't make you feel like a 5-year old eating chicken nuggets.

I grill them often.

Bill, why do you think they're not easy to grill?

I marinate them, put on the grill, flip and baste them, take them off the grill. I'll even throw some asparagus on the grill too and have a decent meal with little clean up that the whole family eats.
RE: Chicken tenders are great  
giants#1 : 7/10/2019 2:31 pm : link
In comment 14496069 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
for portion control.

And they don't make you feel like a 5-year old eating chicken nuggets.

I grill them often.

Bill, why do you think they're not easy to grill?

I marinate them, put on the grill, flip and baste them, take them off the grill. I'll even throw some asparagus on the grill too and have a decent meal with little clean up that the whole family eats.


Yea, not sure how they're hard to grill. Can even cut them into cubes, mix with some veggies and just throw them into a grill basket (way easier than threading kebab skewers).
RE: Chicken tenders are great  
Bill in UT : 7/10/2019 3:54 pm : link
In comment 14496069 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
for portion control.



Bill, why do you think they're not easy to grill?



I find that chicken breasts, especially thinner ones, and for that matter thin cut pork chops, are very easily overcooked on a grill. By the time you get a little char mark on them, they're gone. Including in restaurants- I never order them
RE: RE: Chicken tenders are great  
Bill in UT : 7/10/2019 3:57 pm : link
In comment 14496075 giants#1 said:
Quote:
In comment 14496069 pjcas18 said:


Quote:


for portion control.

And they don't make you feel like a 5-year old eating chicken nuggets.

I grill them often.

Bill, why do you think they're not easy to grill?

I marinate them, put on the grill, flip and baste them, take them off the grill. I'll even throw some asparagus on the grill too and have a decent meal with little clean up that the whole family eats.



Yea, not sure how they're hard to grill. Can even cut them into cubes, mix with some veggies and just throw them into a grill basket (way easier than threading kebab skewers).


the "danger" with multi-ingredient skewers and throwing everything into a basket is that the different items don't cook at the same rate, so you rarely end up with everything cooked properly
Chicken is not like  
Bill in UT : 7/10/2019 4:11 pm : link
a burger or steak, where you can miss on the low side, temp wise. You've got to get a breast up to 165 degrees, so you can't just throw it on the grill, flip it and pull it off. And it's pretty easy to go from 165 to no moisture left when you're being safe.
RE: Chicken is not like  
pjcas18 : 7/10/2019 4:19 pm : link
In comment 14496138 Bill in UT said:
Quote:
a burger or steak, where you can miss on the low side, temp wise. You've got to get a breast up to 165 degrees, so you can't just throw it on the grill, flip it and pull it off. And it's pretty easy to go from 165 to no moisture left when you're being safe.


I have a meat thermometer. It's easy to grill chicken breasts. Not sure why you have trouble doing it but I do it several times a month and comes out great every time.
RE: It..  
Coach Red Beaulieu : 7/10/2019 5:00 pm : link
In comment 14496061 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
isn't really hate. They are chicken tenders though.

Serve then to kids with a side of ketchup and be done with them!!

Chicken breast meat is an assertive sauce delivery system for the kids, nothing more. Or bbq chicken pizza from Dominos for the kids.
RE: RE: It..  
pjcas18 : 7/10/2019 5:09 pm : link
In comment 14496166 Coach Red Beaulieu said:
Quote:
In comment 14496061 FatMan in Charlotte said:


Quote:


isn't really hate. They are chicken tenders though.

Serve then to kids with a side of ketchup and be done with them!!


Chicken breast meat is an assertive sauce delivery system for the kids, nothing more. Or bbq chicken pizza from Dominos for the kids.


Sorry mister fancy pants, I guess grownups only eat lobster thermidor or steak tartare

and us peasants (and small children) eat chicken breasts.
RE: RE: Chicken is not like  
Bill in UT : 7/10/2019 5:38 pm : link
In comment 14496142 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
In comment 14496138 Bill in UT said:


Quote:


a burger or steak, where you can miss on the low side, temp wise. You've got to get a breast up to 165 degrees, so you can't just throw it on the grill, flip it and pull it off. And it's pretty easy to go from 165 to no moisture left when you're being safe.



I have a meat thermometer. It's easy to grill chicken breasts. Not sure why you have trouble doing it but I do it several times a month and comes out great every time.


When you say chicken breasts, are you doing boneless/skinless? I would do a bone-in with skin breast on a grill. Boneless, I sous vide and it comes out perfect. And a tender is too thin to get a good thermometer reading on, imo. Don't know if you've ever tried it, but I've been doing chicken parm now with boneless/skinless thighs. Juicier than breasts for the most part.
Chicken is one of the main  
pjcas18 : 7/10/2019 5:58 pm : link
proteins in my and my family's diet. I eat it probably twice a week.

I cook it many ways, baking it in the oven, cooking in the crock pot for a variety of different meals, instant pot, grill, occasionally I'll even saute it in a frying pan. I have even smoked chickens.

I have successfully cooked without exaggeration probably 500 pounds of chicken on my grill, never once was it under cooked, maybe once or twice a little dry, but if I'm grilling it I'm either marinating it or slicing it for a salad or something like that and dryness isn't a an issue that can't be overcome. And grilling is simple with no mess.

It's probably the easiest meat to cook, it's relatively cheap, and it's a great source of protein.

Yes, chicken tenderloin is chicken strips/tenders, but that changes nothing.

Not sure why grilling chicken is controversial in any way.

The only time I buy a chicken with bone in is when I get a whole chicken to throw on the smoker. Otherwise i see no need for bone-in chicken (unless it's chicken wings).
Easiest, as mentioned above,  
BigBlue in Keys : 7/10/2019 6:35 pm : link
Marinate in Italian dressing. Always a crowd and home favorite.

We've also been on a chicken souvlaki/gyro kick lately. Marinade chicken in olive and lemon juice mix, oregano, fresh minced garlic, salt, pepper for a few hrs or overnight.

Tzatziki sauce recipe I use.
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/20242/tzatziki-sauce/

Come on fellas, chicken strips are some of the easiest things to cook on the grill.
RE: Chicken is one of the main  
Bill in UT : 7/10/2019 6:45 pm : link
In comment 14496204 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
proteins in my and my family's diet. I eat it probably twice a week.

I cook it many ways, baking it in the oven, cooking in the crock pot for a variety of different meals, instant pot, grill, occasionally I'll even saute it in a frying pan. I have even smoked chickens.

I have successfully cooked without exaggeration probably 500 pounds of chicken on my grill, never once was it under cooked, maybe once or twice a little dry, but if I'm grilling it I'm either marinating it or slicing it for a salad or something like that and dryness isn't a an issue that can't be overcome. And grilling is simple with no mess.

It's probably the easiest meat to cook, it's relatively cheap, and it's a great source of protein.

Yes, chicken tenderloin is chicken strips/tenders, but that changes nothing.

Not sure why grilling chicken is controversial in any way.

The only time I buy a chicken with bone in is when I get a whole chicken to throw on the smoker. Otherwise i see no need for bone-in chicken (unless it's chicken wings).


hey, if it's working for you, that's all that matters. Chicken is my go to protein also, but 90% thighs with bone/skin. Chicken Vesuvio for dinner tomorrow (seared thighs, Yukon golds, and lots of garlic.
Boned  
Coach Red Beaulieu : 7/10/2019 7:19 pm : link
Is best for grilling, especially dark meat. More flavorful, better texture. True for almost every cooking method, except for deep frying, where you would prefer the more unflavorful white meat to take a back seat to a good breading.
Back to the Corner