Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

NFT: WWE - Summerslam

dep026 : 8/11/2019 10:29 am
Great card tonight. All single matches. Most are title defenses. Lot of rumors.

1. Rollins should win the belt back. I mentioned this when Lesnar cashed in... Rollins had no rival for Summerslam and Brock made the most sense. Now does Seth win clean or does someone step in to cause a new feud? Roman maybe?

2. Does Sasha or Ronda return? I think one or both possibly.

3. Does Natalya get the belt in her own country over Becky?

4. Whatís the twist is the Owens/McMahon match?

Should be a good one!
Did they really need to bring back Trish and Goldberg?  
Anakim : 8/11/2019 10:44 am : link
Trish is the most overrated female wrestler of all-time, IMO, and Goldberg is too old to put on any sort of a match. That match with the Undertaker was a trainwreck.
RE: Did they really need to bring back Trish and Goldberg?  
dep026 : 8/11/2019 10:47 am : link
In comment 14526686 Anakim said:
Quote:
Trish is the most overrated female wrestler of all-time, IMO, and Goldberg is too old to put on any sort of a match. That match with the Undertaker was a trainwreck.


I am really hoping Goldberg puts Ziggler over. Ziggler is misused now and needs a bump. A win against Goldberg will help him.
Don't really care as much due to AEW but  
viggie : 8/11/2019 10:50 am : link
Ziggler is one of the most talented technical guys on the roster along with Sami. He should be able to make Goldberg look passable.
This card is horrendous  
illmatic : 8/11/2019 11:05 am : link
At least to me it is. Others may disagree. Hoping for some cool people returning or some good twists to save it. Normally, I wouldnít even care to watch but I forgot to cancel my network sub so Iíll be tuning in.

Only really interested in seeing Wyatt in the ring again and Richochet/AJ. I like what Owens is doing lately but with that stipulation, itís obvious heís winning.

Goldberg vs Ziggler seems silly. Youíd think Ziggler would win this but even if he does, will anyone really care about Ziggler or take him seriously, I doubt it. Too much damage has been done to him in making him look like a jobber dork. Plus there are too many better and more interesting wrestlers on the roster to bother pushing him hard.

Hopefully Ember Moon wins so they finally start doing something with her. Sheís cool.

Kofi should win. Itís pointless to put the belt on Orton at this point in his career.

Rollins/Lesnar 2 is eye roll worthy. Either we see Brock drop the belt a month after winning it so Rollins can become the beast slayer again after getting destroyed recently on tv. Or Brock wins and continues his boring reign. They really need some better guys in the title picture.
RE: Did they really need to bring back Trish and Goldberg?  
Route 9 : 8/11/2019 3:04 pm : link
In comment 14526686 Anakim said:
Quote:
Trish is the most overrated female wrestler of all-time, IMO,


Who cares? She was smoking hot.
So that the true facts are recorded and known  
Route 9 : 8/11/2019 3:05 pm : link
I didn't even know Summerslam was tonight lol looks like a bad show
NXT  
BIG FRED 1973 : 8/11/2019 3:30 pm : link
Again will be the better show of the weekend !!!!
.....  
Route 9 : 8/11/2019 3:38 pm : link
I know I'm probably instantly wrong saying this in the eyes of some WWE/NXT fan somewhere in NJ. I also know some who behave as if he or she knows everything about wrestling and I know nothing, but what the hell is the interest in Kevin Owens?

He's just some heavy set guy who takes a ton of bumps. Who out there has an urgency to go stand in line at a show and see Kevin Owens? Am I missing something here?

Also, for all the "in ring" pundits, I dont know if he has a bad night every single time I attend a WWE show but those were some terrible, boring matches.

Or is it just that Vince doesn't like him and makes him look like a turd?
He's not the best wrestler on the roster  
illmatic : 8/11/2019 4:54 pm : link
but he's entertaining to me and he's good on the mic. He can make most storylines at least halfway decent which you can't say for a lot of the guys they throw out there. Half of these guys make me want to fall asleep. So yeah, he's not the best but I'd rather see him than most people they trot out there.
RE: RE: Did they really need to bring back Trish and Goldberg?  
Anakim : 8/11/2019 6:12 pm : link
In comment 14526888 Route 9 said:
Quote:
In comment 14526686 Anakim said:


Quote:


Trish is the most overrated female wrestler of all-time, IMO,



Who cares? She was smoking hot.


Was, yes. Now? Not so much
RE: RE: RE: Did they really need to bring back Trish and Goldberg?  
dep026 : 8/11/2019 6:48 pm : link
In comment 14527009 Anakim said:
Quote:
In comment 14526888 Route 9 said:


Quote:


In comment 14526686 Anakim said:


Quote:


Trish is the most overrated female wrestler of all-time, IMO,



Who cares? She was smoking hot.



Was, yes. Now? Not so much


Please. If she said hi to you, the time between your hard on and climax wouldnít last longer than an Ereck Flowers block attempt.
Ana...  
Route 9 : 8/11/2019 6:49 pm : link
You said Trish was the most overrated woman wrestler of all-time. She 'retired' in 2006 when she was still smoking hot. I'm just making it clear that the reason why Trish was so widely accepted in the early 2000s is because um, she was smoking hot lol? Yes, people age and looks fade. It's going to happen women approach their mid 40s. Haha.

I'm just wondering what you're getting at, was she overrated in her looks to you? Or her in ring, mic skills, charisma or whatever? Even though my 'opinion' here is Trishs popularity was justified because of her looks; I will add that she was a great in 2004 after her heel turn on Jericho and her feud with Mickie James around Mania 22 was one of the best girl rivalries, ever.
.....  
Route 9 : 8/11/2019 7:01 pm : link
The reason they have to bring back old people is because the new ones (like Owens, Roman, Finn Balor, Lynch, or the women's division as a whole, I guess) or whoever they're trying to push aren't that big of a deal and don't create any buzz.

As an outsider always looking in since 2009 or so, nothing these newer guys do or say is compelling enough for me to consistently watch. Ok, I lied the Punk pipebomb made me tune in for a small amount of time. Whether less people watch, if that's Vince's fault or the talents fault, I don't know.

Like it or not, the announcement of the Undertaker vs Goldberg match caught my attention, even though they're both about 500 years old. Unlike these new guys, because being completely honest, I don't give a fuck about any of them.
I still think the problem is  
dep026 : 8/11/2019 7:05 pm : link
Too many PPVs. You only need 6

Royal rumble
MITB
Wrestlemania
Summerslam
Survivor Series

And one more. There just no time to build up a true story in a few weeks.
RE: I still think the problem is  
Route 9 : 8/11/2019 7:33 pm : link
In comment 14527034 dep026 said:
Quote:
Too many PPVs. You only need 6

Royal rumble
MITB
Wrestlemania
Summerslam
Survivor Series

And one more. There just no time to build up a true story in a few weeks.


My original gripe with wrestling was in 2002 when they did the brand split. Overnight, the post invasion time period went from being one of my favorite eras in wrestling to one of my least.

Brock Lesnar was out of nowhere, the brand split, the inevitable two champions, Austin and Rock were beginning to head out. For years, WWF made fun of WCW for signing "old man" Hulk Hogan and the others. Now, years after you declared those guys old, you're crowning Hogan the champ? Lol fuck off.

You're right. The overexposure in the wrestling business and diluting of the titles was the death knell for me. Now, two shows with these guys is even sillier than before. I even said it back then, why would I want to pay a full price ticket for a show or PPV charge to see half of the roster?

Look at football, it seems as if reading the comments online and on BBI that Thursday Night Football is panned because of... overexposure.
RE: RE: I still think the problem is  
Mr. Nickels : 8/11/2019 7:41 pm : link
In comment 14527041 Route 9 said:
Quote:
In comment 14527034 dep026 said:


Quote:


Too many PPVs. You only need 6

Royal rumble
MITB
Wrestlemania
Summerslam
Survivor Series

And one more. There just no time to build up a true story in a few weeks.



My original gripe with wrestling was in 2002 when they did the brand split. Overnight, the post invasion time period went from being one of my favorite eras in wrestling to one of my least.

Brock Lesnar was out of nowhere, the brand split, the inevitable two champions, Austin and Rock were beginning to head out. For years, WWF made fun of WCW for signing "old man" Hulk Hogan and the others. Now, years after you declared those guys old, you're crowning Hogan the champ? Lol fuck off.

You're right. The overexposure in the wrestling business and diluting of the titles was the death knell for me. Now, two shows with these guys is even sillier than before. I even said it back then, why would I want to pay a full price ticket for a show or PPV charge to see half of the roster?

Look at football, it seems as if reading the comments online and on BBI that Thursday Night Football is panned because of... overexposure.


They shuld have kept wcw separate
Very predictable  
BIG FRED 1973 : 8/11/2019 8:27 pm : link
show so far
RE: RE: RE: RE: Did they really need to bring back Trish and Goldberg?  
Anakim : 8/11/2019 9:29 pm : link
In comment 14527028 dep026 said:
Quote:
In comment 14527009 Anakim said:


Quote:


In comment 14526888 Route 9 said:


Quote:


In comment 14526686 Anakim said:


Quote:


Trish is the most overrated female wrestler of all-time, IMO,



Who cares? She was smoking hot.



Was, yes. Now? Not so much



Please. If she said hi to you, the time between your hard on and climax wouldnít last longer than an Ereck Flowers block attempt.


Are you serious? She looks nothing like she did.
RE: Ana...  
Anakim : 8/11/2019 9:30 pm : link
In comment 14527029 Route 9 said:
Quote:
I'm just wondering what you're getting at, was she overrated in her looks to you? Or her in ring, mic skills, charisma or whatever? Even though my 'opinion' here is Trishs popularity was justified because of her looks; I will add that she was a great in 2004 after her heel turn on Jericho and her feud with Mickie James around Mania 22 was one of the best girl rivalries, ever.


No, in the ring she was overrated. Looks-wise, she was stunning.
Good god  
illmatic : 8/11/2019 9:49 pm : link
DQ in a title match in one of their biggest shows of the year. Yeah, this is garbage.
Yeah Im not liking this predictability.  
dep026 : 8/11/2019 9:50 pm : link
Bray Wyatt wins
Rollins wins

and ends a lame show. No controversies. No new feuds. No stars returning. Disappointing to say the least.
No Demon King  
BigBlueDownTheShore : 8/11/2019 10:01 pm : link
I donít get why they donít let Finn do it like ever anymore.
AEW  
BIG FRED 1973 : 8/11/2019 10:09 pm : link
has come to save us all !!!!
Potential 5 star match  
dep026 : 8/11/2019 10:28 pm : link
Great match so far.
But with a predictable ending  
dep026 : 8/11/2019 10:29 pm : link
Great match, terrible PPV
RE: No Demon King  
nygiants16 : 8/11/2019 10:33 pm : link
In comment 14527124 BigBlueDownTheShore said:
Quote:
I donít get why they donít let Finn do it like ever anymore.


Finn is takkng a couple of months off, they wanted to make the fiend look strong, graves even mentioned how balor should have brought out the demon...

my guess at wrestlemania yoj get demon vs fiend
Well look at the bright side  
BIG FRED 1973 : 8/11/2019 10:33 pm : link
at least the show did not go past midnight lol
RE: But with a predictable ending  
nygiants16 : 8/11/2019 10:33 pm : link
In comment 14527142 dep026 said:
Quote:
Great match, terrible PPV


you thought seth was winning? i didnt, i thought he would either lose clean or someone interferes, j didnt thjnk he would win clean
RE: RE: But with a predictable ending  
dep026 : 8/11/2019 10:41 pm : link
In comment 14527149 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
In comment 14527142 dep026 said:


Quote:


Great match, terrible PPV



you thought seth was winning? i didnt, i thought he would either lose clean or someone interferes, j didnt thjnk he would win clean


Yeah... the only reason he dropped the belt earlier was because they didnít want to rush a feud in 4 weeks between PPV. The plan was Brock to cash in so Seth could have a Summerslam opponent and regain the belt. I said this in the last PPV tooZ

Which goes back to there are too many PPVs. Not enough time to set feuds.
RE: RE: RE: But with a predictable ending  
nygiants16 : 8/11/2019 10:51 pm : link
In comment 14527150 dep026 said:
Quote:
In comment 14527149 nygiants16 said:


Quote:


In comment 14527142 dep026 said:


Quote:


Great match, terrible PPV



you thought seth was winning? i didnt, i thought he would either lose clean or someone interferes, j didnt thjnk he would win clean



Yeah... the only reason he dropped the belt earlier was because they didnít want to rush a feud in 4 weeks between PPV. The plan was Brock to cash in so Seth could have a Summerslam opponent and regain the belt. I said this in the last PPV tooZ

Which goes back to there are too many PPVs. Not enough time to set feuds.


that i 100 percent agree with
I donít think  
BigBlueDownTheShore : 8/11/2019 11:03 pm : link
There are too many PVs. Just too many gimmick ones like Hell in a Cell, TLC, Extreme Rules, etc.

Those are all good types of matches, but they should use them as needed but in a more surprising manner.
Seth Brock match  
Mr. Nickels : 8/11/2019 11:06 pm : link
is what should have main evented Wrestle Mania but we had to have SJW Mania.

It was booked merely as an angle in what should have been the main event.

You could tell with Seth's emotion tonight he REALLY was put over by Brock.
Seth/Brock was fucking excellent.  
Dave in Hoboken : 8/11/2019 11:26 pm : link
Easily the match of the night. Seth looked like a star out there.

That was a big match for Seth that was teetering on disaster from his entrance. Seth was getting some boos early, and that easily could've turned from 'some' boos to getting booed out of the building. But he went out there laser focused and put on an absolutely stellar performance, won the crowd over, and had them cheering him towards the late-middle/ending of the match. That's the mark of a great in-ring performer right there to come up big in a situation that easily could've gone the other way with the crowd possibly booing him out of the building. Great performer.

Seth put on a show  
ZogZerg : 8/12/2019 6:58 am : link
That was the best match I've seen from Brock.
By far the best match of the night.
Anyone know why Reigns didnít  
BigBlueDownTheShore : 8/12/2019 9:23 am : link
Wrestle, but they ran that promo?
RE: Ana...  
BigBlueDownTheShore : 8/12/2019 9:34 am : link
In comment 14527029 Route 9 said:
Quote:
You said Trish was the most overrated woman wrestler of all-time. She 'retired' in 2006 when she was still smoking hot. I'm just making it clear that the reason why Trish was so widely accepted in the early 2000s is because um, she was smoking hot lol? Yes, people age and looks fade. It's going to happen women approach their mid 40s. Haha.

I'm just wondering what you're getting at, was she overrated in her looks to you? Or her in ring, mic skills, charisma or whatever? Even though my 'opinion' here is Trishs popularity was justified because of her looks; I will add that she was a great in 2004 after her heel turn on Jericho and her feud with Mickie James around Mania 22 was one of the best girl rivalries, ever.


She looks better now IMHO
Kingston has had the belt since Mania  
Route 9 : 8/12/2019 5:56 pm : link
What does everyone think of him as champion?
RE: Kingston has had the belt since Mania  
nygiants16 : 8/12/2019 6:15 pm : link
In comment 14528224 Route 9 said:
Quote:
What does everyone think of him as champion?


I think he needs to get mpre serious and ditch the new day pancakes gimmick, hopefully last night was the start of it
RE: RE: Ana...  
Route 9 : 8/13/2019 4:50 am : link
In comment 14527103 Anakim said:
Quote:
No, in the ring she was overrated. Looks-wise, she was stunning.


I never got the whole craze with judging a wrestler by their in-ring abilities, grading matches, predicting spots. Stone Cold was a brawler because he was limited with neck issues, the Rock wasn't anything special, neither was Hogan and I guess you could say the same thing for John Cena. Those were the biggest stars in recent years. Again, Trish was who she was and got where she got because she had a sparkling, grade A personality! LOL!

As a kid, I never really noticed (or cared) what Macho Man did bell-to-bell and he was one of my favorites. I was engrossed with what he had to say, his personality and his direct storylines involving Miss Elizabeth, the nWo, Hogan, DDP.

I never gave a fuck about women's in-ring ability, either. Majority of wrestling fans are (or were) men. I thought the attitude era was the perfect balance. Women's "wrestling" was non-existent but there was Sable. Everyone wanted a piece of her as the ratings showed, and then she power bombed Marc Mero lol. I like eye candy and it is nice to see above-average attractive women like those every once in a while.

Again, I never really took notice anybody cared about this "behind the scenes" stuff until John Cena got booed royally by the Chicago crowd at Wrestlemania 22. I personally thought that hostility was a bit of a weird, overreaction on the crowd's part and I am no John Cena Maniac myself. But hey, who am I to judge? They paid the money for the ticket, they can do whatever they want with their time at the show.
PS  
Route 9 : 8/13/2019 4:51 am : link
Stone Cold talking for 3 minutes in the middle of nowhere is more entertaining than those 3 hours of RAW.
RE: PS  
Anakim : 8/13/2019 8:39 am : link
In comment 14528661 Route 9 said:
Quote:
Stone Cold talking for 3 minutes in the middle of nowhere is more entertaining than those 3 hours of RAW.


That was horrible and completely out-of-place. If Austin isn't going to be Stone Cold, there's no need for him to be on TV.
RE: RE: RE: Ana...  
Anakim : 8/13/2019 8:47 am : link
In comment 14528660 Route 9 said:
Quote:
In comment 14527103 Anakim said:


Quote:


No, in the ring she was overrated. Looks-wise, she was stunning.



I never got the whole craze with judging a wrestler by their in-ring abilities, grading matches, predicting spots. Stone Cold was a brawler because he was limited with neck issues, the Rock wasn't anything special, neither was Hogan and I guess you could say the same thing for John Cena. Those were the biggest stars in recent years. Again, Trish was who she was and got where she got because she had a sparkling, grade A personality! LOL!

As a kid, I never really noticed (or cared) what Macho Man did bell-to-bell and he was one of my favorites. I was engrossed with what he had to say, his personality and his direct storylines involving Miss Elizabeth, the nWo, Hogan, DDP.

I never gave a fuck about women's in-ring ability, either. Majority of wrestling fans are (or were) men. I thought the attitude era was the perfect balance. Women's "wrestling" was non-existent but there was Sable. Everyone wanted a piece of her as the ratings showed, and then she power bombed Marc Mero lol. I like eye candy and it is nice to see above-average attractive women like those every once in a while.

Again, I never really took notice anybody cared about this "behind the scenes" stuff until John Cena got booed royally by the Chicago crowd at Wrestlemania 22. I personally thought that hostility was a bit of a weird, overreaction on the crowd's part and I am no John Cena Maniac myself. But hey, who am I to judge? They paid the money for the ticket, they can do whatever they want with their time at the show.


It matters a lot. Who the hell wants to see the same old shit week in and week out? That's part of the reason why John Cena is the most hated babyface of all-time (though Roman Reigns is coming up the rear). He was predictable and had such a limited moveset that it bore people during his matches. I mean how many times do we have to see him do flying shoulder blocks, followed by the 5-Knuckle Shuffle and the AA?

The performance aspect is just as big as the promo aspect. We just Gargano and Cole tear the house down. We just saw a memorable Rollins/Brock match. Those events will be talked about for years to come.
John Cena is the most hated by the Snarks. The wreslting hipsters  
jlukes : 8/13/2019 8:51 am : link
If Hulk Hogan was younger, he would be John Cena and the snarks would hate him just as much.

The thing is, there weren't snarks back in the 80s and early 90s. People suspended their belief and bought into characters those days. Today, the snarks think they no better and what is best and unfortunately are the vocal minority of wrestling fans. It is very similar to politics
Jlukes is right.  
Route 9 : 8/13/2019 2:27 pm : link
They all get stale, predictable. What did Hogan do in the ring that was so awe-inspiring? He flexed and hulked up.

It's just they didn't turn Cena heel completely as they did with Hogan joining the nWo, and Stone Cold aligning with Vince. I don't think they had to, he was a heel, just to the older audiences. Keeping him face did them just fine with the younger crowd because, merchandise, money.

Like him or not Cena got a ton of reaction, I thing I know Vince looks for. Nothing worse than an uninterested crowd, which seems to be a more constant theme these days.

a thing*  
Route 9 : 8/13/2019 2:27 pm : link
...
the only person that they could probably turn heel and get some  
GMAN4LIFE : 8/13/2019 2:39 pm : link
Hogan nwo turn is Cena. but now its different than before. The older snarks will love Cena and there will be cheers. There is no loved person because media and social media has changed. its all different now.

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc  
arniefez : 8/13/2019 2:43 pm : link
Market Cap Aug. 13, 2019 5.266B. They seem to be on to something.

Back to the Corner