Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

NFT: The ads on BBI

GiantSteps : 8/12/2019 7:22 pm
OK I understand that I might see some politically themed ads on BBI based on articles I've read and searches I've entered in the past. Algorithms, cookies, and search histories doing their thing.

Why am I seeing ads for devices to help me solve anal prolapse?
all  
Eric from BBI : Admin : 8/12/2019 7:26 pm : link
I can tell you is that I'm not seeing those.

I have only two ad networks... Google and USA Today. I don't have individual companies come to me and ask to place ads on BBI. These are huge networks that run the same ads across major platforms.

And there are a variety of factors that go into what ads you will see (viewing history, geography, etc.).
Probably based on your browsing history  
Diver_Down : 8/12/2019 7:43 pm : link
on Redtube.
I thought it was more funny than anything  
GiantSteps : 8/12/2019 7:45 pm : link
I'm not sure if had something to do with the fact that I saw it while looking on my phone. Not seeing anything like that on the desktop. That said (scout's honor), the algorithm would have had to really put some disparate pieces together from my search/viewing history for an anal prolapse device. I tend to keep my searchings and viewings PG-13 rated and my medical searches usually revolve around upper body symptoms.

In any event, I now know where to go if I ever need get the equipment to fix anal prolapse in the comfort of my own home!

Google knows all  
Jim in Fairfax : 8/12/2019 9:41 pm : link
Get your ass to a proctologist.
RE: all  
EricJ : 8/12/2019 9:59 pm : link
In comment 14528360 Eric from BBI said:
Quote:
I can tell you is that I'm not seeing those.

I have only two ad networks... Google and USA Today.


Eric, the good news is there is a lot of upside for you. Google is one of the worst paying ad networks you can have on your site. It may be worth looking into some of the others...if you haven't already.
EricJ  
Eric from BBI : Admin : 8/12/2019 10:09 pm : link
If you have recommendations, shoot me an e-mail at info@bigblueinteractive.com
FWIW, the StarLedger shows  
section125 : 8/12/2019 10:11 pm : link
me ads for women's underwear and only women's underwear and I certainly don't search that. But maybe my boss is the cause, or my two daughters.
My ads have been  
LakeGeorgeGiant : 8/12/2019 10:18 pm : link
mostly for window blinds, but in my case I've been shopping online for window blinds.

Infer what you will.

Hmm,  
Pete in MD : 8/12/2019 10:30 pm : link
does rectal prolapse treatment really need advertising? It sounds like something one would try to get treated ASAP.
The penal  
crick n NC : 8/12/2019 10:33 pm : link
Implants ads went away for me after I setup an appointment.
All good 👌
RE: EricJ  
EricJ : 8/12/2019 11:41 pm : link
In comment 14528563 Eric from BBI said:
Quote:
If you have recommendations, shoot me an e-mail at info@bigblueinteractive.com


Message send Eric...
RE: I thought it was more funny than anything  
RC in MD : 8/13/2019 7:54 am : link
In comment 14528395 GiantSteps said:
Quote:
I'm not sure if had something to do with the fact that I saw it while looking on my phone. Not seeing anything like that on the desktop. That said (scout's honor), the algorithm would have had to really put some disparate pieces together from my search/viewing history for an anal prolapse device. I tend to keep my searchings and viewings PG-13 rated and my medical searches usually revolve around upper body symptoms.

In any event, I now know where to go if I ever need get the equipment to fix anal prolapse in the comfort of my own home!


Hmmm...so is this company legitimately good to fix such problems? Asking for a friend...
RE: FWIW, the StarLedger shows  
section125 : 8/13/2019 7:55 am : link
In comment 14528565 section125 said:
Quote:
me ads for women's underwear and only women's underwear and I certainly don't search that. But maybe my boss is the cause, or my two daughters.


They must have read my post, for the 1st time in two months the underwear ads went away and now I have a local car sales company. But they flash the ads which makes reading the articles damn near impossible.
Back to the Corner