Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

NFT: Porzingis bulking up

slickwilly : 8/15/2019 11:19 am
Not sure how it will translate to the court, but he has put on muscle. Not sure if it will help or hurt in his attempt to stay on the court.
If he dies....he dies.  
Tesla : 8/15/2019 11:28 am : link
...
Fuck him  
Anakim : 8/15/2019 11:29 am : link
.
His legs  
Randy_Lahey : 8/15/2019 11:31 am : link
still look like twigs. He's always trained like an idiot
I wonder what "supplements" he's using to gain that muscle mass.  
yatqb : 8/15/2019 11:32 am : link
.
There have been  
crackerjack465 : 8/15/2019 11:33 am : link
some breakups when it comes to athletes leaving NYC... some of them left, and I never really felt anything. Wished them well and hoped that we could recover. Some, I felt indifferent (Odell).

KP? I don't think I've ever disliked a player so much after leaving. I'm happy he is gone.
Must have graduated to the 25 pound bumper plates  
widmerseyebrow : 8/15/2019 11:36 am : link
.
.  
slickwilly : 8/15/2019 11:37 am : link
.
Link - ( New Window )
i'm no expert  
haper : 8/15/2019 11:39 am : link
but considering his injuries were lower body related; three to the knee, two to the ankle and one to the lower back I'm not so sure adding the extra upper body weight that the lower body now has to deal with is a good idea. I can certainly see where the strength will improve his game tho.

If he was still on the Knicks I would be concerned abt this approach. But know it ain't my problem.
Anyone will look jacked if you take their picture during the  
Mike in NJ : 8/15/2019 11:40 am : link
middle of a curl. It's the equivalent of taking someone's picture while they are sucking in their gut and boasting about how small their waist is.
Guess getting your ass beat  
CromartiesKid21 : 8/15/2019 12:25 pm : link
outside of a bar will lead to something
...  
CromartiesKid21 : 8/15/2019 12:27 pm : link
RE: i'm no expert  
UConn4523 : 8/15/2019 12:29 pm : link
In comment 14531116 haper said:
Quote:
but considering his injuries were lower body related; three to the knee, two to the ankle and one to the lower back I'm not so sure adding the extra upper body weight that the lower body now has to deal with is a good idea. I can certainly see where the strength will improve his game tho.

If he was still on the Knicks I would be concerned abt this approach. But know it ain't my problem.


He's got access to world class strength and conditioning personnel and equipment, i'm sure they are doing everything possible to make sure his base is strong.

That said he's made of glass, I don't think anything will help that.
RE: There have been  
yatqb : 8/15/2019 12:29 pm : link
In comment 14531106 crackerjack465 said:
Quote:
some breakups when it comes to athletes leaving NYC... some of them left, and I never really felt anything. Wished them well and hoped that we could recover. Some, I felt indifferent (Odell).

KP? I don't think I've ever disliked a player so much after leaving. I'm happy he is gone.


It's interesting to me that I feel similar distaste for KP. It feels like he deserted the fans, most of whom really loved him here.

What's ironic is that if Dolan and Mills were making the calls and I was playing for the Knicks, I'd be looking to leave at the first opportunity as well. So his decision is understandable to me.
RE: RE: i'm no expert  
ChaChing : 8/15/2019 12:34 pm : link
In comment 14531202 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
In comment 14531116 haper said:
Quote:
but considering his injuries were lower body related; three to the knee, two to the ankle and one to the lower back I'm not so sure adding the extra upper body weight that the lower body now has to deal with is a good idea. I can certainly see where the strength will improve his game tho.

If he was still on the Knicks I would be concerned abt this approach. But know it ain't my problem.


He's got access to world class strength and conditioning personnel and equipment, i'm sure they are doing everything possible to make sure his base is strong.

That said he's made of glass, I don't think anything will help that.

Ya my guess is post ACL, he's got a hugely new & improved lower body workout, likely w/ a lot more speed / form / coordination drills in addition to strength. Even if he's an ass (and say only listens to his brother...), he has a slew of pro trainers & med guys likely filling out his training schedule

Someone above said 'he looks like a twig' - being a skinny lanky 7'3" will do that - but we can't see his legs here to make that assumption esp in context of him bulking up. No way he is only focused on uppers as a pro athlete post leg injury
RE: Anyone will look jacked if you take their picture during the  
Strahan91 : 8/15/2019 12:37 pm : link
In comment 14531119 Mike in NJ said:
Quote:
middle of a curl. It's the equivalent of taking someone's picture while they are sucking in their gut and boasting about how small their waist is.

This. Especially if you're taking workout supplements like creatine and other non-banned preworkout crap.
you also can't workout  
UConn4523 : 8/15/2019 12:37 pm : link
your lower body 7 days a week. Its also all connected anyway. A strong core, back, etc will only help his lower body, it won't hurt it.
It's not just his arms  
Canton : 8/15/2019 12:40 pm : link
His chest has increased in mass.
RE: RE: i'm no expert  
nygiants16 : 8/15/2019 12:43 pm : link
In comment 14531202 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
In comment 14531116 haper said:


Quote:


but considering his injuries were lower body related; three to the knee, two to the ankle and one to the lower back I'm not so sure adding the extra upper body weight that the lower body now has to deal with is a good idea. I can certainly see where the strength will improve his game tho.

If he was still on the Knicks I would be concerned abt this approach. But know it ain't my problem.



He's got access to world class strength and conditioning personnel and equipment, i'm sure they are doing everything possible to make sure his base is strong.

That said he's made of glass, I don't think anything will help that.


one of his brothers is his trainer
Should make it easier for him to rape women now  
732NYG : 8/15/2019 1:12 pm : link
.
He is not a Knick!  
Carl in CT : 8/15/2019 1:13 pm : link
I hope the KGB is after him.
Filing  
threeofakind33 : 8/15/2019 1:50 pm : link
This among the numerous ‘the best shape of his life’ columns. Is this the first one of the 2019-2020 NBA season?

He genuinely isn’t going to look anywhere near as big as he does in that picture (which still isn’t huge), he’s fucking mid-rep for Christ’s sake.
He’s bulking up for prison  
eric2425ny : 8/15/2019 9:04 pm : link
after he is eventually convicted of rape.
RE: Fuck him  
djm : 8/15/2019 9:11 pm : link
In comment 14531100 Anakim said:
Quote:
.


I hate that I have to feel this way. KP is the most intriguing player next to Zion and we had him. Yea he’s been hurt, may never reach his ceiling or potential but I would have done everything possible to keep KP here. His brother is an asshole. So is KP for that matter for even allowing this bridge to be burned. Fucking sucks that it came to this. I have a much harder time reconciling this trade than I did the Beckham move.
That said  
djm : 8/15/2019 9:13 pm : link
I get why the trade happened. Just wish it never came to this. There’s a chance the Knicks don’t draft a player of KP’s ability for a long long time.

Please tell me this team develops some legit nba star power.
djm  
Matt M. : 8/15/2019 9:37 pm : link
I'm with you.
Hear me now, listen to me later  
Jim in Fairfax : 8/15/2019 10:00 pm : link


We’re here to pump — YOU UP!

Back to the Corner