Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

NFT: WOODSTOCK: 50 years ago today...

x meadowlander : 8/15/2019 4:19 pm
...I was 4 years old, remember it well.

OK, I don't - any BBI'ers actually go to the original? Stories?



I was there  
Jay in Toronto : 8/15/2019 4:25 pm : link
awesome and once in a lifetime kinda thing which is why I don't get caught up in the nostalgia.

For me the 'apex' (in more ways than one) was around midnight Sat night with Sly and the Family "Stone Gonna Take You Higher."

A little private concert with Joan Baez I stumbled onto was pretty special.

I wasn't alive  
JayBinQueens : 8/15/2019 4:34 pm : link
but my mom was working in a sleep away camp that summer that happened to be across the lake from Woodstock. She said the staff would go down to the lake at night and listen and that the sound carried pretty well across the water.
I was conceived a month later  
JonC : 8/15/2019 4:40 pm : link
parents tried to drive up but quickly realized it wouldn't happen, all roads leading to Bethel were parking lots.
Didnít go but I too  
5BowlsSoon : 8/15/2019 4:45 pm : link
Would love to hear from anybody here who did go. That would be pretty cool. Of course Iíve seen the movie a bunch of times....never gets old. Too bad so much was cut out, and I canít believe Led Zeppelin insisted they would not be shown on the video.
..  
Named Later : 8/15/2019 4:55 pm : link
On August 16 1969, the same weekend weekend as Woodstock, Led Zep played the Asbury Park Convention Hall (a wonderful old art-deco 1500 seat venue on the Boardwalk overlooking the Atlantic Ocean).

Their manager Peter Grant couldn't get top billing for Led Zep at Woodstock, so he brought them to the Jersey Shore. Joe Cocker opened for them and then took a helicopter directly to Woodstock.

We didn't have any way to get to upstate NY, so we had to content ourselves with a local concert by this new UK band.

Led Zep naturally blew the roof off of this old building. They brought their arena-size stage rig and turned the volume up to 11......those roadies were deaf anyhow. They did 2 shows that night, we saw the early show (tix were $3.50), and then sat on the beach listening to the 2nd show til way past midnight.



Here's their Set List - ( New Window )
...  
26.2 : 8/15/2019 4:56 pm : link
My dad went. He grew up on Kinderhook Lake, so he lived not too far away. He drove there and got caught in traffic and just hung out near his car. He stayed until 1) Hendrix played and 2) he ran out of beer.
I love everything Woodstock. Attended 94 and 99.  
RDJR : 8/15/2019 4:59 pm : link
I was born in 1968 so I didnít attend the original festival, but I grew up close by, so it has been a part of my life forever. Iíve watched the PBS American Experience: Woodstock, twice already this week. It was released last week. If you havenít had a chance I urge you to check it out. It is so well done and well worth your time. For those interested the Philly NPR station will be running the festival audio live in real time in just a few minutes.

Also, if you have SiriusXM, Channel 27, Deep Tracks is playing all of the music from the festival all week long.
Woodstock - ( New Window )
Too many hippies  
Sneakers O'toole : 8/15/2019 5:03 pm : link
.
Live not far from Bethel....  
OBJRoyal : 8/15/2019 5:44 pm : link
And try to catch atleast one show there every summer. Great venue now.

Wasnt around for the original
I was a young teen  
Carson53 : 8/15/2019 5:52 pm : link
didn't quite make it...but I have heard.
RE: ...  
Leg of Theismann : 8/15/2019 6:20 pm : link
In comment 14531454 26.2 said:
Quote:
My dad went. He grew up on Kinderhook Lake, so he lived not too far away. He drove there and got caught in traffic and just hung out near his car. He stayed until 1) Hendrix played and 2) he ran out of beer.


Hendrix was the final act, so he must have stayed until the end:

"5. Jimi Hendrix was the headliner at Woodstock, but few people actually saw him perform.
Hendrix was one of those artists who demanded his fee, nearly $200,000 in todayís money, in advance. He spent much of the weekend wandering around the festival grounds, despite the fact that he was scheduled to be the final performer. By Sunday, it was clear that the announced schedule had gone off the rails, with acts finally appearing hours after their intended start times. However, due to a clause in Hendrixís contract that stipulated that no act could perform after him, organizers were unable to move him to a Sunday evening slot. By the time Hendrix took the stage at 9 a.m. Monday morning, most of the festivalgoers had headed home, and missed Hendrixís set, including his legendary rendition of The Star-Spangled Banner."
RE: Didnít go but I too  
mdc1 : 8/15/2019 6:26 pm : link
In comment 14531444 5BowlsSoon said:
Quote:
Would love to hear from anybody here who did go. That would be pretty cool. Of course Iíve seen the movie a bunch of times....never gets old. Too bad so much was cut out, and I canít believe Led Zeppelin insisted they would not be shown on the video.


I do not recall they were even at Woodstock.
I was there  
NY Blue : 8/15/2019 6:50 pm : link
Went with my girlfriend in an old Hillman Husky. Parked right opposite the entrance. Fantastic time. Food and water were a problem for many. We would leave food on the hood of the car when we went into the concert. If there was a single cookie, that person would break it in half to leave something for the next person, I still have my three three day passes and original poster in my cabin upstate.
Once in a life time wish more people would be like those there.
RE: Didnít go but I too  
Named Later : 8/15/2019 7:42 pm : link
In comment 14531444 5BowlsSoon said:
Quote:
I canít believe Led Zeppelin insisted they would not be shown on the video.


As I mentioned Led Zep was booked elsewhere that weekend.

It was the Grateful Dead that wouldn't allow their video to be included. Owsley kept tinkering with the electronics on the wet stage, leading to long delays between songs There are youtube clips of the Dead, but this was not the Band's finest set.


Link - ( New Window )
RE: Too many hippies  
PatersonPlank : 8/15/2019 8:03 pm : link
In comment 14531460 Sneakers O'toole said:
Quote:
.


+1. Not for me
There's a documentary on Netflix  
Bill in Del : 8/15/2019 8:11 pm : link
Watching it now. It's pretty good. I was 9 when this happened, but I've gone to other out door multi band Jams and always had a good time. JFK jam in Philly in the early eighties comes to mind.
Was there also  
Saratoga : 8/15/2019 8:12 pm : link
It was a magical time. Got there Tuesday and actually got a job Wed and Thurs putting up fluorescent light fixtures on the concession stands. Still have the pay stub; $17.60 for two 8 hour days. That's $1.10/hour if you're counting. Stayed til the end. Was about 30 feet from the stage for Hendrix. Like being in a hurricane of sound. People said you could hear him 5 miles away. Went home and two days later saw a relatively new, unheard of band in Schenectady at a tiny place called Led Zeppelin.
My brother was supposed to go  
Mendenhall64 : 8/15/2019 8:17 pm : link
but his friend got stoned and forgot to pick him up. His friend ended up in the movie in the port-a-john scene.
My father in law was there  
djm : 8/15/2019 8:17 pm : link
He loves talking about it. One of the things he jokes about is that millions of people claim to have stayed through the end to see Hendrix perform. Reality was much different. Crazy to think that Hendrix played on the third day, a Monday morning no less, of a barely functioning disaster area.

RE: Was there also  
ChaChing : 8/15/2019 8:25 pm : link
In comment 14531589 Saratoga said:
Quote:
It was a magical time. Got there Tuesday and actually got a job Wed and Thurs putting up fluorescent light fixtures on the concession stands. Still have the pay stub; $17.60 for two 8 hour days. That's $1.10/hour if you're counting. Stayed til the end. Was about 30 feet from the stage for Hendrix. Like being in a hurricane of sound. People said you could hear him 5 miles away. Went home and two days later saw a relatively new, unheard of band in Schenectady at a tiny place called Led Zeppelin.

F. U.!!! That's awesome

Being born and raised in Albany in the 80s & 90s and more recently a live sound guy in LA, I can't even think of where you would put ANY band in Schenectady

Or why you'd go to Schenectady lol
It was a place  
Saratoga : 8/15/2019 8:53 pm : link
that is no longer there. It was roughly State St and Route 7. It was called the Aerodrome and was an old bowling alley. Lots of bands played there in that time. The guys that owned the big music store in the area took their name from it; Drome Sound. There is a Zeppelin website that has the info.
RE: My brother was supposed to go  
Jay in Toronto : 8/15/2019 8:56 pm : link
In comment 14531593 Mendenhall64 said:
Quote:
but his friend got stoned and forgot to pick him up. His friend ended up in the movie in the port-a-john scene.


I'm on the cutting room floor -- maybe if there is Woodstock 3 I'll finally make it to the big screen. I was interviewed coming out of the porta-johns. I gave an analysis of how Woodstock was the consummate proof of capitalism and the market economy. Lot's of drugs, not much food. People would trade a substantial chunk of hash for a bagel.
Nice  
ChaChing : 8/15/2019 8:58 pm : link
didn't know the other names, but I know Drome Sound. Not sure that I've been (def not in Schenectady, but maybe there was one in Clifton Park too?). Either way I didn't know the back story

Good stuff, too bad you didn't have your cellphone that day, I want the video!!!
My bad, CP store was Parkway Music iirc that I'd frequent w/ friends  
ChaChing : 8/15/2019 9:01 pm : link
not Drome
I was there  
David in Belmont : 8/16/2019 1:03 am : link
But donít remember anything after Friday afternoon, even how and when we got back to Boston.
RE: I was there  
ChaChing : 8/16/2019 2:36 am : link
In comment 14531770 David in Belmont said:
Quote:
But donít remember anything after Friday afternoon, even how and when we got back to Boston.

Story checks out...
My father in law attended and is in the Woodstock Catalog/year book(?)  
KingBlue : 8/16/2019 7:49 am : link
He and his brother lived in the Catskills in Calicoon, NY. His family were farmers. He and his brother drove to the festival with a truck load of eggs and sold out almost instantly ($.25 an egg). They left and returned, however were unable to get close because the roads were impassible due to people parking everywhere.

I was just there this past weekend at Bethel Woods. I had never been so I went to a show on Friday night (Nelly and Flo Rida). My relatives all have season passes and see a lot of acts. It s a pretty cool place. Anyway, they just came out with a new documentary on the original Woodstock and he and his brother are in the clip as well. Only for a couple of seconds though. He had died about ten years ago... so we were watching the clip and my significant other was very emotional because on film, there he was young, handsome and full of life.



One more thing that may interest some..  
KingBlue : 8/16/2019 8:01 am : link
The area is expecting an influx of more than 100,000 people this weekend. Ringo Starr, I believe will be performing tonight and there is a rumor that Paul McCartney will make a surprise appearance and be on stage performing. Santana will be there on Saturday.

One more note that may not interest any... Alice Cooper played there last Thursday night and he and his band stayed at Villa Roma (some may be familiar). Villa Roma is a popular destination in the Catskills and features a golf course. Anyway, Alice Cooper and two of his bandmates played on Friday and needed a fourth. My sister in laws boyfriend played 18 with them. Said they were cool, took lots of pics and signed some things for them.
RE: RE: My brother was supposed to go  
BMac : 8/16/2019 8:21 am : link
In comment 14531627 Jay in Toronto said:
Quote:
In comment 14531593 Mendenhall64 said:


Quote:


but his friend got stoned and forgot to pick him up. His friend ended up in the movie in the port-a-john scene.



I'm on the cutting room floor -- maybe if there is Woodstock 3 I'll finally make it to the big screen. I was interviewed coming out of the porta-johns. I gave an analysis of how Woodstock was the consummate proof of capitalism and the market economy. Lot's of drugs, not much food. People would trade a substantial chunk of hash for a bagel.


As Freewheelin' Franklin always says, "Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope!"
I was at Ten Mike River Boy Scout Camp ...  
Spider56 : 8/16/2019 8:22 am : link
We hit tons of traffic on the way home on Sunday and no one knew why.
Love this thread. Keep the stories coming.  
RDJR : 8/16/2019 8:38 am : link
Iím happy Iím only 51, but I sure wish I was old enough to attend the original festival. Such a shame the 50th anniversary festival couldnít get organized. Maybe they can do a Woodstock 2020. I know it can never be duplicated, but I was at 94 and 99 and there is just something about the vide of a Woodstock festival. Fires and violence notwithstanding, which damaged the 99 festival in Rome.
RE: My bad, CP store was Parkway Music iirc that I'd frequent w/ friends  
Saratoga : 8/16/2019 9:11 am : link
In comment 14531632 ChaChing said:
Quote:
not Drome


Here is a link to the Led Zeppelin info.
Link - ( New Window )
My recollection of it  
Gman11 : 8/16/2019 10:01 am : link
I was working in a restaurant on Routes 5 & 20 (age 13) and we were unusually busy and the traffic was horrendous. One of the waitresses asked a customer what was going on and they said that they were all on the way to a concert. Little did I know at the time that it was Woodstock they were going to.
My cousin Keith...  
x meadowlander : 8/16/2019 10:05 am : link
...was the black sheep of the family, spent the weekend at Woodstock, made out like a bandit cause he was dealing a lot of drugs back then including celebrity customers, he used to hang around with Alvin Lee, smoked from David Crosby's stash, went out with Emmylou Harris for a short time.

I learned of all this after running across him at a family event around 05' - I hadn't seen him since I was a kid.

Keith had a crazy life that went across the US and Canada, basically following the music scene through Greenwich Village, Toronto, Laurel Canyon and San Francisco leaving a trail of successes, crashes, arrests and kids to different women. He finally sobered up and went back to the Catskills - Woodstock had a profound impact on him and he eventually settled in Ellenville, NY - near Woodstock - couldn't really run away from the damage he'd done though - died of a bum liver 8 years ago.
I was too young to even really understand what Woodstock was...  
rnargi : 8/16/2019 10:19 am : link
...I was 7, and my father was an officer in the Marines. He HATED anything pop/rock music and blamed the Beatles for America's ills, lol. He thought Woodstock was an abomination, and that scared me for some reason. It felt like a different world, one I certainly didn't understand.

Later, as I got to be about 13 or 14, I fell in total line with rock and roll. I listened to anything I could find. My dad absolutely hated almost everything I liked.

As for Woodstock, of course it ended up being glamorized by me and most of my friends, but frankly listening to the original soundtrack and watching the film I got the impression I didn't miss much. Musically, there was a lot of crap mixed in with the magic. I enjoyed Richie Havens probably more than anything else. And that's coming from a huge Santana and Who fan.

For those that care, check this out from Rhino: Woostock 50th Anniversary - Back to the Garden. They have an astounding 36 disc set with more than 250 previously unreleased tracks. I've had the opportunity to listen to some, and frankly I'm not impressed. Seemed like a lot of filler in between some good acts/songs. But still...it started a concert genre that I'm grateful for, as I've been going to festivals like this for 40 years now and don't see quitting anytime soon.
Woodstock 50th Anniversary - Back to the Garden. - ( New Window )
I was 17 yrs old at the time  
Jeever : 8/16/2019 10:50 am : link
And in the Albany area. We thought about hitchhiking to the show but it just rained the whole weekend and we balked.

Went and saw Led Zeppelin at the Areodrome (a converted bowling alley) in Schenectady. It was Robert Plant's 20th birthday.

I attended the Laurel Pop Festival at the Laurel Raceway 3 months prior to Woodstock. Some great acts over 2 nights. Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin, Mothers of Invention, Buddy Guy, Jeff Beck w/ Rod Stewart, Savoy Brown, Guess Who, Al Kooper, Ten Years After and Sly and The Family Stone.

Sly came on at about 3 :00 am and blew the doors off the place. Absolutely the loudest thing I've ever heard.

And oh by the way, tickets were about $5.
Same here - the event was idolized by the Boomers...  
x meadowlander : 8/16/2019 10:54 am : link
...definitely painted with a golden brush and that had an impact on those of us who grew up in the 70's.

I don't listen to most of the Woodstock performers anymore, but will say the first time I visited the site- stood where the stage was, definite goosebumps. I wondered if it would look the same as the pictures and movie I'd seen so many times.

It does - same bowl shaped hill, it's a religious experience to those raised on 'classic' rock - still a great venue - I think Bethel Woods hosts a couple of shows there per year, just not to 400,000.
RE: Same here - the event was idolized by the Boomers...  
bluepepper : 8/16/2019 11:20 am : link
In comment 14532018 x meadowlander said:
Quote:
...definitely painted with a golden brush and that had an impact on those of us who grew up in the 70's.

Growing up in the 1970's I got tired of hearing about this. The youth of the day had a concert. Tons of people showed up. Nobody died.There were no riots. Congratulations!

Seriously I am sure it was great but some people overplayed it's significance just a bit. I remember one teacher in particular who talked about it as some harbinger of utopia. As long as it's kept in perspective though I enjoy hearing the reminisces.
RE: Too many hippies  
Klaatu : 8/16/2019 11:30 am : link
In comment 14531460 Sneakers O'toole said:
Quote:
.


Almost went  
JerseyCityJoe : 8/16/2019 11:33 am : link
Our ride backed out at the last moment. Bunch of my friends went and to many of them it was a life altering experience. Not all in a good way.
i was such a nerd  
bobc : 8/16/2019 11:50 am : link
I went to the giants/jets preseason game in New Haven Conn instead. Joe Nameth beat Fran tarkinton and the giants that weekend which was the first time the giants and jets ever played.
RE: RE: Same here - the event was idolized by the Boomers...  
x meadowlander : 8/16/2019 12:01 pm : link
In comment 14532053 bluepepper said:
Quote:
In comment 14532018 x meadowlander said:


Quote:


...definitely painted with a golden brush and that had an impact on those of us who grew up in the 70's.



Growing up in the 1970's I got tired of hearing about this. The youth of the day had a concert. Tons of people showed up. Nobody died.There were no riots. Congratulations!

Seriously I am sure it was great but some people overplayed it's significance just a bit. I remember one teacher in particular who talked about it as some harbinger of utopia. As long as it's kept in perspective though I enjoy hearing the reminisces.
What it was intended to be was a MAJOR PAYDAY by exploiting the 'Summer of Love' that had already passed a year or two prior. It's the reason Neil Young insisted he not be part of the movie or soundtrack - he was offended by it. It wasn't magical for all - food stands that raised their prices when their stocks ran low on day one were burned to the ground by the attendees. There were well documented bad acid trips - more people I've come across over the years who went had mostly bad experiences - most people didn't bring enough supplies for being stranded in the mud for 2 days.

The ones I've met and known who had great experiences were the ones who went for the week and brought a shitload of food and drink with them.

My old boss and his friends had a van and tent, camped nearby and took turns sleeping and partying and had a ball.

Another ex-coworker went on a whim - in Brooklyn, he jumped in a convertible with friends who were going to Woodstock. He had a great first night and day, then had a hell of a time contacting family and hitched back home.
RE: I was too young to even really understand what Woodstock was...  
BMac : 8/16/2019 12:26 pm : link
In comment 14531975 rnargi said:
Quote:
As for Woodstock, of course it ended up being glamorized by me and most of my friends, but frankly listening to the original soundtrack and watching the film I got the impression I didn't miss much. Musically, there was a lot of crap mixed in with the magic. I enjoyed Richie Havens probably more than anything else. And that's coming from a huge Santana and Who fan.


It was a total experience, with the pros on the stage and lots of side stuff going on in the surrounding encampments. The music was good, the experience way better. It was the pinnacle of a mindset/movement that was also its death rattle.
RE: I was there  
Dr. D : 8/16/2019 2:10 pm : link
In comment 14531427 Jay in Toronto said:
Quote:
awesome and once in a lifetime kinda thing which is why I don't get caught up in the nostalgia.

For me the 'apex' (in more ways than one) was around midnight Sat night with Sly and the Family "Stone Gonna Take You Higher."

A little private concert with Joan Baez I stumbled onto was pretty special.

Jay, did The Who play after Sly? Any comments about The Who's performance?
Some Highlights / Lowlights  
pivo : 8/16/2019 2:26 pm : link
Yeah, I went. I was 19 and doing spontaneous / stupid things that college kids do. No tix - not necessary. By the time we decided to go (Saturday morning) we heard that there was no need for tix. Fences were all compromised. So we got in the car in upstate NJ and drove a couple hours to the site.
- stopped at an A&P in White Lake (about 15 miles from the site) and the shelves were COMPLETELY EMPTY. Store was open with nothing to sell.

- traffic was at a standstill with 15 miles to go, but we saw this car turn off onto a dirt road with some cars following, so we thought "nothing to lose.." This caravan of cars went about 8 miles on this dirt road and we finally had to stop about 7 miles away. Parked in the mud.

- had a big 48 qt plastic cooler that had a case of beer in it, so we began walking with the cooler carried by two of us. Beer was obviously gone when we arrived. Have no idea what became of the cooler.

- found a spot in the amphitheater about 40 rows from the stage (for those who don't know the site was selected for this natural amphitheater on a hillside) and sat next to this dude who had a basketball sized baggie of grass, and was rolling them & sharing as fast as he could. We declined; too much beer already. I've sort of regretted that missed opp.

- Acts I can remember what remained of that Saturday were Country Joe, Mountain, Joe Cocker, Jeff Airplane - there were others, but I didn't have a recording secretary, so I just can't recall.

- It's about 10:00 and pitch dark, and we're like "wonder where the car is...?" Oddity of oddity, this single axle oil delivery truck happens along and the driver rolls the window down and asks "you kids want a ride?" A bunch pile on the roof of this thing and off we go. Miracle of miracles, he dropped us off at our car.

- Three of us slept in the car, and when we woke up we all said "We've seen enough, let's get out of here." That was our up & down Woodstock experience.

- Epilogue: I was supposed to take my girlfriend (now wife of 48 years), but snuck up there without her and didn't tell her. A few years later there was a rumor circulating her family that her cousin had seen me there, so i fessed up. I'm thinking "half a million effin people and he sees me?" Only last year did I find out from her that the rumor was made up. No cousin, no sighting. We're still married, so all is well.
RE: Some Highlights / Lowlights  
rnargi : 8/16/2019 2:52 pm : link
In comment 14532243 pivo said:
Quote:
Yeah, I went. I was 19 and doing spontaneous / stupid things that college kids do. No tix - not necessary. By the time we decided to go (Saturday morning) we heard that there was no need for tix. Fences were all compromised. So we got in the car in upstate NJ and drove a couple hours to the site.
- stopped at an A&P in White Lake (about 15 miles from the site) and the shelves were COMPLETELY EMPTY. Store was open with nothing to sell.

- traffic was at a standstill with 15 miles to go, but we saw this car turn off onto a dirt road with some cars following, so we thought "nothing to lose.." This caravan of cars went about 8 miles on this dirt road and we finally had to stop about 7 miles away. Parked in the mud.

- had a big 48 qt plastic cooler that had a case of beer in it, so we began walking with the cooler carried by two of us. Beer was obviously gone when we arrived. Have no idea what became of the cooler.

- found a spot in the amphitheater about 40 rows from the stage (for those who don't know the site was selected for this natural amphitheater on a hillside) and sat next to this dude who had a basketball sized baggie of grass, and was rolling them & sharing as fast as he could. We declined; too much beer already. I've sort of regretted that missed opp.

- Acts I can remember what remained of that Saturday were Country Joe, Mountain, Joe Cocker, Jeff Airplane - there were others, but I didn't have a recording secretary, so I just can't recall.

- It's about 10:00 and pitch dark, and we're like "wonder where the car is...?" Oddity of oddity, this single axle oil delivery truck happens along and the driver rolls the window down and asks "you kids want a ride?" A bunch pile on the roof of this thing and off we go. Miracle of miracles, he dropped us off at our car.

- Three of us slept in the car, and when we woke up we all said "We've seen enough, let's get out of here." That was our up & down Woodstock experience.

- Epilogue: I was supposed to take my girlfriend (now wife of 48 years), but snuck up there without her and didn't tell her. A few years later there was a rumor circulating her family that her cousin had seen me there, so i fessed up. I'm thinking "half a million effin people and he sees me?" Only last year did I find out from her that the rumor was made up. No cousin, no sighting. We're still married, so all is well.


Awesome story...thanks for sharing!
Ya great thread, thanks for sharing. Saratoga & Jeever  
ChaChing : 8/16/2019 3:43 pm : link
yall play 10 frames together in '69 too? Who won? In big city Schenectady at the world famous Aerodrome (where all the big names play), on Plant's 20th...watching Led Zeppelin?

Zep Set List (from Saratoga's Link / LZ site): Train Kept a Rollin', I Can't Quit You Baby, Dazed and Confused, You Shook Me, How Many More Times, Communication Breakdown

Epic
Pivo too - love the play-by-play story  
ChaChing : 8/16/2019 3:45 pm : link
to add to all this. Good stuff
Haha after my Schenectady comments, I read this on the tour link  
ChaChing : 8/16/2019 4:05 pm : link
Quote:
Promoters paid Led Zeppelin $8,000 per appearance. "I remember Robert Plant smiling and saying, 'It's so nice to be in sunny Schenectady' recalls Jim Furlong, owner of Vestige Music Shop in Albany. "A year later, Zeppelin were filling Madison Square Garden."
Back to the Corner