Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

NFT: Yankees at A's GDT 8/20

Jints in Carolina : 8/20/2019 7:19 pm
NYY
D LeMahieu (R) 1B
A Judge (R) RF
G SŠnchez (R) DH
G Urshela (R) 3B
D Gregorius (L) SS
G Torres (R) 2B
C Maybin (R) LF
A Romine (R) C
M Tauchman (L) CF

OAK
M Semien (R) SS
R Grossman (S) LF
M Chapman (R) 3B
M Olson (L) 1B
M Canha (R) CF
K Davis (R) DH
S Piscotty (R) RF
C Joseph (L) 2B
C Herrmann (L) C

German vs. Bailey
Pages: 1 2 | Show All |  Next>>
I hate these west coast games  
adamg : 8/20/2019 7:57 pm : link
Can't stay up til 1 am to watch baseball
Has Gardy left Joe Torre's  
section125 : 8/20/2019 7:58 pm : link
office, yet. Or is he still in timeout? [j/k]
RE: I hate these west coast games  
superspynyg : 8/20/2019 8:01 pm : link
In comment 14537502 adamg said:
Quote:
Can't stay up til 1 am to watch baseball


Iím asleep before the game even begins. #oldandupearly
40 games over .500  
Dave in Hoboken : 8/20/2019 9:32 pm : link
and our ace (Severino) hasn't made one single pitch yet. Ditto Betances. Can't wait until we get these guys back. Until then, let's continue to dominate like we have all season.
so badly wanted to go down for the seattle games  
RasputinPrime : 8/20/2019 9:43 pm : link
but it doesn't look like the schedule will allow.

At least I don't have to work and watch at the same time with the late starts.
I want one thing in these games in Oakland  
RasputinPrime : 8/20/2019 9:46 pm : link
for Judge to go off. It's my one issue with an otherwise awesome season. I want my favorite player to be leading the charge.
good luck Yanks  
Jints in Carolina : 8/20/2019 10:03 pm : link
I just cannot stay up for these games.
RE: I want one thing in these games in Oakland  
black aces : 8/20/2019 10:14 pm : link
In comment 14537587 RasputinPrime said:
Quote:
for Judge to go off. It's my one issue with an otherwise awesome season. I want my favorite player to be leading the charge.


Agree. Would love to see him heat up. He missed a splitter up in the zone :-/

Gary just destroyed a pitch
Gary mashed that one  
RasputinPrime : 8/20/2019 10:19 pm : link
.

1-0
.  
Bill2 : 8/20/2019 10:27 pm : link
Beautiful post RP
balls fly out  
black aces : 8/20/2019 10:29 pm : link
of every park now...its crazy
Again with the lousy first innings  
Greg from LI : 8/20/2019 10:32 pm : link
This is getting tiresome
looking like another  
RasputinPrime : 8/20/2019 10:33 pm : link
slugfest underway. That walk hurts.

3-1
time for bed  
black aces : 8/20/2019 10:48 pm : link
on this one
4-1  
RasputinPrime : 8/20/2019 11:01 pm : link
German really not locating tonight. Judge struggles continue.

We need to pound Bailey now.
Does Canha think heís Nomar?  
MetsAreBack : 8/20/2019 11:13 pm : link
Umps really have no interest in enforcing pace of play. They really need to be automated as other useless functions are. I heard the other day theyíve also missed 14,000 pitches this year alone.
Our starters; really something special:  
Dave in Hoboken : 8/20/2019 11:14 pm : link
Katie Sharp
@ktsharp


Yankees have allowed 37 HR in 1st inning. Only 2 teams in MLB history have allowed more: 2005 Reds and 2019 Giants both allowed 38.
RE: Our starters; really something special:  
MetsAreBack : 8/20/2019 11:20 pm : link
In comment 14537662 Dave in Hoboken said:
Quote:
Katie Sharp
@ktsharp


Yankees have allowed 37 HR in 1st inning. Only 2 teams in MLB history have allowed more: 2005 Reds and 2019 Giants both allowed 38.


Well Happ is eating innings. He wonít make the October roster. Heard it first (or second) hand. Also wonder how many of those HRs leave Yankee stadium but not others ?

Obviously the starting staff isnít quite what you want it but the bullpen is unmatched and the lineup should mostly be back by October so we will
See what happens.
Judge just destroyed a ball.  
BH28 : 8/21/2019 12:36 am : link
467' got out of the stadium in a hurry. Wonder what the exit velo was?
i'm glad I went to bed  
Jints in Carolina : 8/21/2019 7:31 am : link
.
If the offense  
Mike Graves : 8/21/2019 8:08 am : link
doesnít bring their 10 run bats we will lose .. This is a fact... But yet management does nothing about it.. Itís been a very strange season looking at where we are. The playoffs are the best of the best and this garbage pitching will end it quickly...
RE: 4-1  
Mike Graves : 8/21/2019 8:09 am : link
In comment 14537651 RasputinPrime said:
Quote:
German really not locating tonight. Judge struggles continue.

We need to pound Bailey now.


Heís now 2-0 against the Yankees this year.
RE: 40 games over .500  
Mike Graves : 8/21/2019 8:10 am : link
In comment 14537577 Dave in Hoboken said:
Quote:
and our ace (Severino) hasn't made one single pitch yet. Ditto Betances. Can't wait until we get these guys back. Until then, let's continue to dominate like we have all season.


You are relying on a guy who has not pitched all year and was terrible the second half of last season???
RE: If the offense  
section125 : 8/21/2019 8:11 am : link
In comment 14537739 Mike Graves said:
Quote:
doesnít bring their 10 run bats we will lose .. This is a fact... But yet management does nothing about it.. Itís been a very strange season looking at where we are. The playoffs are the best of the best and this garbage pitching will end it quickly...


German has been hardly garbage with a 16-3 record. However I do fear that Maybin, Urshela and Tauchman will cool off significantly which will really hurt.
there is definitely cause for concern that's for sure  
Jints in Carolina : 8/21/2019 8:12 am : link
We need guys like Happ and Paxton to really start stepping up.
And Dave  
Mike Graves : 8/21/2019 8:12 am : link
They Dominate garbage teams like Baltimore they are 6-9 against Cleveland Houston and Oakland they might see Cleveland and Oakland round 1. Letís see them dominate those teams which they havenít.. we got Houston in June when they had a ton of injuries. Letís dominate Oakland or the dodgers on there home turf like we got dominated by a good team last week 19-4.
RE: RE: If the offense  
Mike Graves : 8/21/2019 8:16 am : link
In comment 14537743 section125 said:
Quote:
In comment 14537739 Mike Graves said:


Quote:


doesnít bring their 10 run bats we will lose .. This is a fact... But yet management does nothing about it.. Itís been a very strange season looking at where we are. The playoffs are the best of the best and this garbage pitching will end it quickly...



German has been hardly garbage with a 16-3 record. However I do fear that Maybin, Urshela and Tauchman will cool off significantly which will really hurt.


You fear them cooling off but not German in the playoffs? Has German beaten a playoff team this year. Most of those 16 wins were ahaha good Baltimore and Toronto.
RE: And Dave  
section125 : 8/21/2019 8:18 am : link
In comment 14537746 Mike Graves said:
Quote:
we got Houston in June when they had a ton of injuries. Letís dominate Oakland or the dodgers on there home turf like we got dominated by a good team last week 19-4.


Oh, and the Yankees haven't had significant injuries? And 2-1 or 19-4 counts the same last time I checked and 2-1 would hurt more than 19-4.
Cleveland just got shellacked by the Mets!
RE: RE: RE: If the offense  
section125 : 8/21/2019 8:20 am : link
In comment 14537748 Mike Graves said:
Quote:
In comment 14537743 section125 said:


Quote:


In comment 14537739 Mike Graves said:


Quote:


doesnít bring their 10 run bats we will lose .. This is a fact... But yet management does nothing about it.. Itís been a very strange season looking at where we are. The playoffs are the best of the best and this garbage pitching will end it quickly...



German has been hardly garbage with a 16-3 record. However I do fear that Maybin, Urshela and Tauchman will cool off significantly which will really hurt.



You fear them cooling off but not German in the playoffs? Has German beaten a playoff team this year. Most of those 16 wins were ahaha good Baltimore and Toronto.


No I don't fear German in the playoffs. I'd rather German than Paxton right now and especially Happ and CC.
RE: RE: If the offense  
Mike Graves : 8/21/2019 8:20 am : link
In comment 14537743 section125 said:
Quote:
In comment 14537739 Mike Graves said:


Quote:


doesnít bring their 10 run bats we will lose .. This is a fact... But yet management does nothing about it.. Itís been a very strange season looking at where we are. The playoffs are the best of the best and this garbage pitching will end it quickly...



German has been hardly garbage with a 16-3 record. However I do fear that Maybin, Urshela and Tauchman will cool off significantly which will really hurt.



You fear them cooling off but not German in the playoffs? Has German beaten a playoff team this year. Most of those 16 wins were against Baltimore and Toronto.
LOL..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 8/21/2019 8:23 am : link
I love when people act like this team is fighting for a playoff spot and should be an underdog going forward.

How many posts in a row are going to be made acting as if the sky is falling?

German has beaten Boston, NYM, TB and MIN as well  
Jints in Carolina : 8/21/2019 8:24 am : link
.
RE: RE: And Dave  
Mike Graves : 8/21/2019 8:24 am : link
In comment 14537752 section125 said:
Quote:
In comment 14537746 Mike Graves said:


Quote:


we got Houston in June when they had a ton of injuries. Letís dominate Oakland or the dodgers on there home turf like we got dominated by a good team last week 19-4.



Oh, and the Yankees haven't had significant injuries? And 2-1 or 19-4 counts the same last time I checked and 2-1 would hurt more than 19-4.
Cleveland just got shellacked by the Mets!


When they Yankees faced Houston in June who were the Yankees missing?? Stanton was playing at that time. Judge was back to
Mike Graves  
Ryan in Albany : 8/21/2019 8:25 am : link
just admit you're a drunken Irish dipshit Red Sox fan from Boston. You'll feel better.
RE: LOL..  
Mike Graves : 8/21/2019 8:26 am : link
In comment 14537758 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
I love when people act like this team is fighting for a playoff spot and should be an underdog going forward.

How many posts in a row are going to be made acting as if the sky is falling?


Sorry people can not be concerned about the playoffs because of the lack of pitching the Yankees have.
RE: Mike Graves  
Mike Graves : 8/21/2019 8:28 am : link
In comment 14537763 Ryan in Albany said:
Quote:
just admit you're a drunken Irish dipshit Red Sox fan from Boston. You'll feel better.


Calling me names because I am worried about the pitching come the playoffs smh
RE: Mike Graves  
Jints in Carolina : 8/21/2019 8:28 am : link
In comment 14537763 Ryan in Albany said:
Quote:
just admit you're a drunken Irish dipshit Red Sox fan from Boston. You'll feel better.


After we lost 19-4...  
Dunedin81 : 8/21/2019 8:29 am : link
we won the following two games by a combined two runs. Guess what? They each count the same in the standings.
You've sounded..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 8/21/2019 8:30 am : link
like a fucking moron for most of the year on these threads. Consistently whining about "management not doing anything". And yet, in the face of a historic number of injuries the team is poised to have a home series in the playoffs.

There's being worried about pitching and then there's sounding off on every yankee thread like a petulant child about something you can't control, and even "management" would have a difficult time addressing.
RE: German has beaten Boston, NYM, TB and MIN as well  
Mike Graves : 8/21/2019 8:31 am : link
In comment 14537760 Jints in Carolina said:
Quote:
.


He beat the twins in a rain storm back in May. What happen last month?? He got shelled gave up 8 runs. Tampa Boston and the Mets wonít be in the playoffs
.  
arcarsenal : 8/21/2019 8:31 am : link
Oh, look who predictably surfaced again after a loss...

Fucking ponderous, man.

Annoying loss, annoying ballpark.

Here's what matters...

Aaron Judge pulled a 470 foot BOMB to LCF and is starting to look like he's busting out of this slump he's been in.

Gary Sanchez might have actually just been hurt when he was struggling before his IL stint. The HR he hit last night probably could have killed someone if they were in the way of it...

Pretty much fuck everything else.

Let's get back on track tonight.
RE: You've sounded..  
Jints in Carolina : 8/21/2019 8:31 am : link
In comment 14537776 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
like a fucking moron for most of the year on these threads. Consistently whining about "management not doing anything". And yet, in the face of a historic number of injuries the team is poised to have a home series in the playoffs.

There's being worried about pitching and then there's sounding off on every yankee thread like a petulant child about something you can't control, and even "management" would have a difficult time addressing.


I am going to ride the wave as long as they let me baby!
RE: RE: German has beaten Boston, NYM, TB and MIN as well  
Jints in Carolina : 8/21/2019 8:32 am : link
In comment 14537778 Mike Graves said:
Quote:
In comment 14537760 Jints in Carolina said:


Quote:


.



He beat the twins in a rain storm back in May. What happen last month?? He got shelled gave up 8 runs. Tampa Boston and the Mets wonít be in the playoffs


How do you know Tampa and the Mets won't be in the playoffs?
RE: You've sounded..  
Mike Graves : 8/21/2019 8:33 am : link
In comment 14537776 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
like a fucking moron for most of the year on these threads. Consistently whining about "management not doing anything". And yet, in the face of a historic number of injuries the team is poised to have a home series in the playoffs.

There's being worried about pitching and then there's sounding off on every yankee thread like a petulant child about something you can't control, and even "management" would have a difficult time addressing.



What do you monitor everybody on BBI yankee threads??? Before last week I havenít posted on a yankee thread in 3 months.
Really..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 8/21/2019 8:34 am : link
fucking stupid takes tend to stick out like a sore thumb.

And predictably - it always comes after a loss.

Are you going to really say you haven't posted negative shit all year? A year where the team has overcome more adversity than almost any other and sits in first place?
RE: RE: RE: German has beaten Boston, NYM, TB and MIN as well  
Mike Graves : 8/21/2019 8:35 am : link
In comment 14537781 Jints in Carolina said:
Quote:
In comment 14537778 Mike Graves said:


Quote:


In comment 14537760 Jints in Carolina said:


Quote:


.



He beat the twins in a rain storm back in May. What happen last month?? He got shelled gave up 8 runs. Tampa Boston and the Mets wonít be in the playoffs



How do you know Tampa and the Mets won't be in the playoffs?



The Mets were playing lousy baseball when German faced them and Tampa might be right there but there line up is terrible. German has not been tested against a good playoff team. He will pitch against the Dodgers Sunday night. See you then
RE: Really..  
Mike Graves : 8/21/2019 8:40 am : link
In comment 14537786 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
fucking stupid takes tend to stick out like a sore thumb.

And predictably - it always comes after a loss.

Are you going to really say you haven't posted negative shit all year? A year where the team has overcome more adversity than almost any other and sits in first place?



Now I remember you.. your the BBi police like bigblueshock in yankee and giants game threads. All you two idiots do is bash posters who post facts and complaints about the two teams. Giants have been a shit show since 2012 and yet you will call somebody names and curse them out when they say how bad the defense is or how poorly Eli is playing.. itís always rainbows ponies and unicorns for some people I guess.. have a nice day.
Are..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 8/21/2019 8:45 am : link
you really thinking that you post "facts"?
Tampa's lineup is terrible?  
section125 : 8/21/2019 8:50 am : link
They just won something close to 15 of 18 games. They are going to wim 90 games again - but yeah, they are a terrible team - as are the A's and who did they beat last week? The Astro's? Terrible teams.
Ignore the troll  
Bill2 : 8/21/2019 8:55 am : link
Or those who have no self awareness. Or self correcting feedback loop when they should be able to realize they are emoting in an annoying way

All the same difference and not really worth mental shelf space
Pages: 1 2 | Show All |  Next>>
Back to the Corner