Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

OTC now has the Giants getting 4 comp picks next draft

Des51 : 8/22/2019 11:18 am
3rd for Collins
6th for Webb
7th for Mauro
7th for Wynn

A 3rd is nice,  
Big Blue '56 : 8/22/2019 11:20 am : link
but we figured as much
should be a 2nd for collins for all the grief he's given us  
Platos : 8/22/2019 11:21 am : link
for not overpaying him
We never wind up with what we expect  
DavidinBMNY : 8/22/2019 11:22 am : link
But that is a great start. Some of this I believe is dependent on who actually makes opening day rosters.
So we got to..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 8/22/2019 11:28 am : link
let Collins leave and still got the 3rd that people bitched about Gettleman not getting in a trade.

I really wish some would practice patience here. Now, we have a well-paid disgruntled former Giant who spends more time focused on his past team and we have his replacement and a 3rd rounder next year.

Sounds like a steal!
^ exactly  
gtt350 : 8/22/2019 11:32 am : link
.
Thanks  
FranknWeezer : 8/22/2019 11:37 am : link
Wish we still had Kerry Wynn, though.
The way DG has been getting talent at the back end of the draft  
JohnB : 8/22/2019 11:38 am : link
I like it!!
An extra 3rd is beautiful.  
Dave in Hoboken : 8/22/2019 11:38 am : link
Man, I really can't wait for 2020.
At least Gettleman seems to be converting on 3rds  
Jimmy Googs : 8/22/2019 11:39 am : link
and maybe end the jinx Reese & Co had in that round.
That third for Collins will be nice. But even if we didn't get a comp  
Ira : 8/22/2019 11:39 am : link
pick, you don't pay a defensive back who can't cover $14 m.
FatMan, couldn't agree more  
ZogZerg : 8/22/2019 11:49 am : link
and having 4 more picks in next years draft is great.
A 6th for Webb  
upnyg : 8/22/2019 11:52 am : link
looks like a steal right now
the Chart  
Steve in Greenwich : 8/22/2019 11:54 am : link
starts actually meaning something come week one; since a lot of the players right now ticketed to be 7th round compensatory worthy will likely get cut before the season starts. The total number of picks for each team can shift around a lot until week 1. Then come week 10 it really starts meaning something since that's the week all the players lock in at their contract value. For instance B.W. Webb, Mario Edwards, Kerry Wynn & Josh Mauro all have contracts that are very cuttable for the team that signed them; even Jamon Brown's contract was similar to the one Omameh got last year, so if all 5 of them got cut before week 10 and the Giants kept Tate and Markus Golden then they end up with no comp picks; even losing the 3rd for Landon Collins. Nothing is a guarantee anymore since more and more teams seem to be getting more cognizant of trying to get more comp picks. I also wonder if Golden Tate's standing in that chart drops since his suspension / reduction in pay for this season. Not sure how that plays into the formula.
RE: the Chart  
Des51 : 8/22/2019 12:00 pm : link
In comment 14539253 Steve in Greenwich said:
Quote:
starts actually meaning something come week one; since a lot of the players right now ticketed to be 7th round compensatory worthy will likely get cut before the season starts. The total number of picks for each team can shift around a lot until week 1. Then come week 10 it really starts meaning something since that's the week all the players lock in at their contract value. For instance B.W. Webb, Mario Edwards, Kerry Wynn & Josh Mauro all have contracts that are very cuttable for the team that signed them; even Jamon Brown's contract was similar to the one Omameh got last year, so if all 5 of them got cut before week 10 and the Giants kept Tate and Markus Golden then they end up with no comp picks; even losing the 3rd for Landon Collins. Nothing is a guarantee anymore since more and more teams seem to be getting more cognizant of trying to get more comp picks. I also wonder if Golden Tate's standing in that chart drops since his suspension / reduction in pay for this season. Not sure how that plays into the formula.
OTC still has the Eagles getting a 4th for losing Tate, but your right this can all change in time.
I donít think we will end up with 4 comp picks  
Jay on the Island : 8/22/2019 12:09 pm : link
But I think we are guaranteed a 3rd for Collins. Gettleman already landed two starters in the 3rd round with BJ Hill and Lorenzo Carter.
RE: the Chart  
AcidTest : 8/22/2019 12:14 pm : link
In comment 14539253 Steve in Greenwich said:
Quote:
starts actually meaning something come week one; since a lot of the players right now ticketed to be 7th round compensatory worthy will likely get cut before the season starts. The total number of picks for each team can shift around a lot until week 1. Then come week 10 it really starts meaning something since that's the week all the players lock in at their contract value. For instance B.W. Webb, Mario Edwards, Kerry Wynn & Josh Mauro all have contracts that are very cuttable for the team that signed them; even Jamon Brown's contract was similar to the one Omameh got last year, so if all 5 of them got cut before week 10 and the Giants kept Tate and Markus Golden then they end up with no comp picks; even losing the 3rd for Landon Collins. Nothing is a guarantee anymore since more and more teams seem to be getting more cognizant of trying to get more comp picks. I also wonder if Golden Tate's standing in that chart drops since his suspension / reduction in pay for this season. Not sure how that plays into the formula.


Excellent analysis.
RE: A 6th for Webb  
Reale01 : 8/22/2019 12:16 pm : link
In comment 14539250 upnyg said:
Quote:
looks like a steal right now


Webb the CB not Webb the QB.
I would be careful  
SJGiant : 8/22/2019 12:29 pm : link
on thinking those two seventh round picks will be awarded to the Giants. I am at work where I cannot look to see if there are any changes in the OTC list. In addition to the Giants compenstation list, you have to look at the NFL top 32 compenstation list. From what I remember, their salaires were below the top 32 awarded picks cutoff for compensation.
RE: I would be careful  
Des51 : 8/22/2019 12:40 pm : link
In comment 14539316 SJGiant said:
Quote:
on thinking those two seventh round picks will be awarded to the Giants. I am at work where I cannot look to see if there are any changes in the OTC list. In addition to the Giants compenstation list, you have to look at the NFL top 32 compenstation list. From what I remember, their salaires were below the top 32 awarded picks cutoff for compensation.
They were below the 32, but for some reason Chicago lost a 4th rd comp pick today and KC lost a 4th a couple days ago.
RE: I would be careful  
SJGiant : 8/22/2019 12:41 pm : link
In comment 14539316 SJGiant said:
Quote:
on thinking those two seventh round picks will be awarded to the Giants. I am at work where I cannot look to see if there are any changes in the OTC list. In addition to the Giants compenstation list, you have to look at the NFL top 32 compenstation list. From what I remember, their salaires were below the top 32 awarded picks cutoff for compensation.


I was able to look it up at work. The two seventh rounders are now at slot 31 and slot 32. Just made it.
Top 32 Comps - ( New Window )
Trading Collins at the deadline last year  
RollBlue : 8/22/2019 12:51 pm : link
would have netted a high 3rd rounder this year, instead of a low 3rd rounder next year. How is that a good deal?
Man that third will certainly come in handy  
figgy2989 : 8/22/2019 12:53 pm : link
When we use our third rounder for the next crop of supplemental prospects.


Thank you ladies and gentleman, i'll be here all week.
RE: Trading Collins at the deadline last year  
Klaatu : 8/22/2019 12:54 pm : link
In comment 14539361 RollBlue said:
Quote:
would have netted a high 3rd rounder this year, instead of a low 3rd rounder next year. How is that a good deal?


The offer was a 4th, not a 3rd.
RE: Trading Collins at the deadline last year  
Zeke's Alibi : 8/22/2019 12:56 pm : link
In comment 14539361 RollBlue said:
Quote:
would have netted a high 3rd rounder this year, instead of a low 3rd rounder next year. How is that a good deal?


This is just completely disingenuous. The Chiefs picked like 29th in each round.
We may not see them all..  
Simms11 : 8/22/2019 12:59 pm : link
Keep in mind, although we may be eligible for x-number of comp picks, the NFL only hands out so many. I can still see the 3rd coming our way though.
RE: We may not see them all..  
Des51 : 8/22/2019 1:04 pm : link
In comment 14539376 Simms11 said:
Quote:
Keep in mind, although we may be eligible for x-number of comp picks, the NFL only hands out so many. I can still see the 3rd coming our way though.
You can't get more than 4 comp picks and they have to be in the top 32, so far they qualify in the top 32
Somehow ...  
Beer Man : 8/22/2019 2:12 pm : link
the team never receives what we are led to believe.
I think it was Ralph who said we were offered a 2nd at one point  
robbieballs2003 : 8/22/2019 3:01 pm : link
and that got everybody up in arms. I don't think that was true though.
DG did this right  
djm : 8/22/2019 3:12 pm : link
If youíre gonna reset the roster do it cold turkey and build something that can last. If this team ever takes off we have something that can be special and sustained. Honestly, the NFC east is always good, even on a bad day itís dangerous, but it has a chance to be 1980s good over the next decade or so. If jones is the goods look out. The east will beast.
RE: An extra 3rd is beautiful.  
djm : 8/22/2019 3:14 pm : link
In comment 14539223 Dave in Hoboken said:
Quote:
Man, I really can't wait for 2020.


Enjoy 2019, it wonít be that bad. Weíre through the worst of this shit. This team is going to compete every week this season. Should be fun to watch if fans block out the noise and horse shit narrative and manufactured storylines.
RE: Trading Collins at the deadline last year  
arcarsenal : 8/22/2019 3:17 pm : link
In comment 14539361 RollBlue said:
Quote:
would have netted a high 3rd rounder this year, instead of a low 3rd rounder next year. How is that a good deal?


This is not accurate.
Trade them all as a package..... to move up.  
short lease : 8/22/2019 5:37 pm : link
2nd round maybe? Take the best OL available or best edge rusher still on the board.
RE: Trade them all as a package..... to move up.  
Prude : 8/22/2019 6:14 pm : link
In comment 14539706 short lease said:
Quote:
2nd round maybe? Take the best OL available or best edge rusher still on the board.


7th rounders are effectively worthless if you look at the trade charts. It would take hundreds of them to made a move up into the 2nd round
Back to the Corner