Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

Betting thread

Prude : 9/8/2019 4:33 am
Who do you have this week. I love week 1 betting because the games are wild.

@CAR +2 against the Rams
DET -2.5 in Arizona

looking at PIT+6.5 in New England but its prolly not worth taking the drive to put the bet in.
I love jets at -2.5  
Gmen1982 : 9/8/2019 6:26 am : link
They should cover that easily.
RE: I love jets at -2.5  
Prude : 9/8/2019 6:39 am : link
In comment 14563127 Gmen1982 said:
Quote:
They should cover that easily.


If i ever lost money underestimating the Jets being a disaster I could never forgive myself
Haha itís a risk but thatís my pick for this week.  
Gmen1982 : 9/8/2019 6:51 am : link
Thatís why itís gambling.
Ravens -6.5  
Earl the goat : 9/8/2019 7:30 am : link
Is a lock
Ravens  
ZogZerg : 9/8/2019 7:33 am : link
shocked the spread is so low. Easily double digit win for them.
Is there an app  
tbonfig : 9/8/2019 8:09 am : link
You guys use?
I took the Cowboys in a survival league.  
fivehead : 9/8/2019 8:12 am : link
If the Cowboys win, I'm still alive, but if the Giants win I lose $5. I win either way.
RE: Is there an app  
Prude : 9/8/2019 8:13 am : link
In comment 14563168 tbonfig said:
Quote:
You guys use?


If you live in jersey you can use fanduel or caesers or a bunch of other ones because its legal. I went with fanduel because if i ever win(Looool ok) You can pick the money up in the meadowlands.
Everyone is betting Carolina  
UConn4523 : 9/8/2019 8:15 am : link
surprised they are still getting points.
RE: Everyone is betting Carolina  
Prude : 9/8/2019 8:19 am : link
In comment 14563171 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
surprised they are still getting points.


I just bet it because it looked like a sucker-bet. The NFC champs vs a 7-9 team and only a 2 point spread looked like bait. Week 1 I usually beat against the superbowl teams for a lot of reasons.
RE: RE: Is there an app  
tbonfig : 9/8/2019 8:30 am : link
In comment 14563170 Prude said:
Quote:
In comment 14563168 tbonfig said:


Quote:


You guys use?



If you live in jersey you can use fanduel or caesers or a bunch of other ones because its legal. I went with fanduel because if i ever win(Looool ok) You can pick the money up in the meadowlands.


Naw Iím in CT. Thanks
Colts +6.5  
AcesUp : 9/8/2019 8:32 am : link
Been waiting and hoping for it to go to 7 and will continue to stalk. Luck retirement the big news but the Chargers are missing a lot of talented guys. Missing Derwin James, Melvin Gordon and an alreaady bad OL missing Okung. Their kicker was just listed as doubtful this morning with their punter taking K duties. Colts should be improved on the defensive side of the ball as well. May go with the under if it doesn't go to 7, still undecided.

I like Carolina too but am a little scared off because of what UConn mentioned. The Rams rested all of their starters in preseason, plus it's the cliche'd west coast to east coast 1pm game. There should be some rust there. They rested all of their starters last preseason and blew out a horrible Raiders team....but they were losing against that horrible Raiders team at halftime. Will probably take Carolina first half.
RE: RE: RE: Is there an app  
Prude : 9/8/2019 8:38 am : link
In comment 14563177 tbonfig said:
Quote:
In comment 14563170 Prude said:


Quote:


In comment 14563168 tbonfig said:


Quote:


You guys use?



If you live in jersey you can use fanduel or caesers or a bunch of other ones because its legal. I went with fanduel because if i ever win(Looool ok) You can pick the money up in the meadowlands.



Naw Iím in CT. Thanks


You can try bodog. We used to use it before the law change. I lost like always but my father actually cashed out a few grand but they gave him the run around. Emails, phone calls, and jumping through hoops. But the check did come eventually. Not an endorsement just an anecdote.

When it's illegal they hold all the cards but a few stories of them stiffing winners and they have no business model. Not worth it for them in the long run.
If the Jets don't cover this one  
Bobby Humphrey's Earpad : 9/8/2019 9:08 am : link
they should be embarrassed.

Denver -2.5 Monday night at Oakland is solid - don't see how the Raiders score.
RE: RE: Everyone is betting Carolina  
UConn4523 : 9/8/2019 9:12 am : link
In comment 14563174 Prude said:
Quote:
In comment 14563171 UConn4523 said:


Quote:


surprised they are still getting points.



I just bet it because it looked like a sucker-bet. The NFC champs vs a 7-9 team and only a 2 point spread looked like bait. Week 1 I usually beat against the superbowl teams for a lot of reasons.


I hear you. I just think the Rams have a lot to prove and have the right HC to start the season strong and not have a hangover type of year. Can also likely gimpy on the ankle sprain.
Daniel Jones 17 to 1 for OROY  
ron mexico : 9/8/2019 9:42 am : link
If he gets the nod early the only real competition will be Murray and josh Jacobs.

Might throw down a 20
I also like the Vikings  
ron mexico : 9/8/2019 9:46 am : link
Giving 2.5 to atlanta at home.

Their o line looked terrible in the one pre season game I saw

RE: Everyone is betting Carolina  
armstead98 : 9/8/2019 10:05 am : link
In comment 14563171 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
surprised they are still getting points.


Most of the money is on the Rams. Classic Sharp's vs Joes game. Line is moving towards Carolina.
Link - ( New Window )
I like  
mdthedream : 9/8/2019 10:07 am : link
The Rams Newton has a bad foot so dont understand why anyone likes Carolina. He cant run and that is what he does.
RE: I like  
Prude : 9/8/2019 10:33 am : link
In comment 14563286 mdthedream said:
Quote:
The Rams Newton has a bad foot so dont understand why anyone likes Carolina. He cant run and that is what he does.


Gurley has no legs either...
RE: Daniel Jones 17 to 1 for OROY  
Prude : 9/8/2019 10:37 am : link
In comment 14563245 ron mexico said:
Quote:
If he gets the nod early the only real competition will be Murray and josh Jacobs.

Might throw down a 20




they are trying to pay me 90 dollars to walk away from this bet right now 😏
RE: RE: I like  
PatersonPlank : 9/8/2019 10:37 am : link
In comment 14563322 Prude said:
Quote:
In comment 14563286 mdthedream said:


Quote:


The Rams Newton has a bad foot so dont understand why anyone likes Carolina. He cant run and that is what he does.



Gurley has no legs either...


All reports are Gurley is fine and looks good
I'm not sure we know cams health  
armstead98 : 9/8/2019 10:38 am : link
.
I like Giants +7, SF +1.5, and Philly -10  
PatersonPlank : 9/8/2019 10:41 am : link
From what I can tell Balt shot up to -7, from -4, thats a huge move for a team on the road
RE: RE: Daniel Jones 17 to 1 for OROY  
ron mexico : 9/8/2019 10:44 am : link
In comment 14563328 Prude said:
Quote:
In comment 14563245 ron mexico said:


Quote:


If he gets the nod early the only real competition will be Murray and josh Jacobs.

Might throw down a 20





they are trying to pay me 90 dollars to walk away from this bet right now 😏


nice play

doubling your money might be the right move though. This franchise can be very stubborn when it comes to Eli

RE: RE: RE: Daniel Jones 17 to 1 for OROY  
Prude : 9/8/2019 10:49 am : link
In comment 14563335 ron mexico said:
Quote:
In comment 14563328 Prude said:


Quote:


In comment 14563245 ron mexico said:


Quote:


If he gets the nod early the only real competition will be Murray and josh Jacobs.

Might throw down a 20





they are trying to pay me 90 dollars to walk away from this bet right now 😏



nice play

doubling your money might be the right move though. This franchise can be very stubborn when it comes to Eli


You are absolutely right and i have been bashing my head against the wall all summer about this but, man, it'd be really nice to hit that full score.
Gurley  
mdthedream : 9/8/2019 10:50 am : link
is go and ready. The QB is the most important piece and I don't think Newton with the Rams passrush will get anything done today.
RE: RE: RE: I like  
Prude : 9/8/2019 10:53 am : link
In comment 14563329 PatersonPlank said:
Quote:
In comment 14563322 Prude said:


Quote:


In comment 14563286 mdthedream said:


Quote:


The Rams Newton has a bad foot so dont understand why anyone likes Carolina. He cant run and that is what he does.



Gurley has no legs either...



All reports are Gurley is fine and looks good


All reports are Cam is fine and looks good. I've had a shoulder injury and it is degenerative. Every pass hurts more than the last one. I like Can early and I'm scared about Cam later in the season until proven otherwise. It's all speculation but thats where my head is at right now.
Hey Guys I need your opinions on this  
90.Cal : 9/8/2019 11:04 am : link
Which Pick(s) Is Going To Bust My Week 1 Parlay?

ATL straight up over MINN
PHI -10 over WAS
NYG +7.0 over DAL
LAC -6.5 over IND
SEA -9.5 over CINN
LAR -2.0 over CAR

With $100 down it brings back over $6500 if it hits.

Nervous about Atlanta, probably shouldn't have touched that one. What say you?
RE: Hey Guys I need your opinions on this  
Prude : 9/8/2019 11:10 am : link
In comment 14563371 90.Cal said:
Quote:
Which Pick(s) Is Going To Bust My Week 1 Parlay?

ATL straight up over MINN
PHI -10 over WAS
NYG +7.0 over DAL
LAC -6.5 over IND
SEA -9.5 over CINN
LAR -2.0 over CAR

With $100 down it brings back over $6500 if it hits.

Nervous about Atlanta, probably shouldn't have touched that one. What say you?


I am a total buffoon but just for conversation's sake I really like CAR snd IND. Indy seems really confident in Brisett, much more so than the general public and the NFC champs only laying to to a team that went 7-9 last year seems like a trap. I'm betting pennies in comparison just for a reason to watch the gamds so I hope you're right.
RE: Hey Guys I need your opinions on this  
Prude : 9/8/2019 11:15 am : link
In comment 14563371 90.Cal said:
Quote:
Which Pick(s) Is Going To Bust My Week 1 Parlay?

ATL straight up over MINN
PHI -10 over WAS
NYG +7.0 over DAL
LAC -6.5 over IND
SEA -9.5 over CINN
LAR -2.0 over CAR

With $100 down it brings back over $6500 if it hits.

Nervous about Atlanta, probably shouldn't have touched that one. What say you?


I got NYG +7.5 and PHI-10.5 so it is a wash overall but we are on the sane page there. It's week 1 and no one knows shit so good luck and have fun.
RE: RE: Hey Guys I need your opinions on this  
90.Cal : 9/8/2019 11:35 am : link
In comment 14563379 Prude said:
Quote:
In comment 14563371 90.Cal said:


Quote:


Which Pick(s) Is Going To Bust My Week 1 Parlay?

ATL straight up over MINN
PHI -10 over WAS
NYG +7.0 over DAL
LAC -6.5 over IND
SEA -9.5 over CINN
LAR -2.0 over CAR

With $100 down it brings back over $6500 if it hits.

Nervous about Atlanta, probably shouldn't have touched that one. What say you?



I got NYG +7.5 and PHI-10.5 so it is a wash overall but we are on the sane page there. It's week 1 and no one knows shit so good luck and have fun.


Thanks. I'm from CT too. Stamford. Where are at in CT?
NYG +7  
Dave : 9/8/2019 11:47 am : link
dallas is the sucker bet of the week methinks
Stamford in the house!  
UConn4523 : 9/8/2019 12:03 pm : link
Born and raised although Iím up in Milford now
It's easy to place sports bets in Stamford  
90.Cal : 9/8/2019 12:26 pm : link
Always has been. Just legalize it already.
RE: It's easy to place sports bets in Stamford  
UConn4523 : 9/8/2019 12:30 pm : link
In comment 14563449 90.Cal said:
Quote:
Always has been. Just legalize it already.


Yeah the crime in Stamford is low for a town itís size but thereís so many bookies, haha.
Went with the Jets and the Ravens  
PetesHereNow : 9/8/2019 1:00 pm : link
We shall see.
Back to the Corner